IGNORED

Supporters Club Agm

freezer

Post #142

Its not a question of the SC 'allowing' fans to join. All fans can join the SC if they want to.There is no limit on membership.

What it all boils down to is what the SC can offer its members in terms of the matchday experience.With only a small clubroom its difficult to attract membership if fans may have to wait to gain acces to the clubroom.

I'll add to that - If for example the Legends bar hold 200 people we would not be in a position to sell 4000 gold memberships for obvious reasons.What we could do is what we had in place when we were in the old clubroom.

Have two levels of memberships. Gold gives you guaranteed access before 2pm and no guarantee Silver after 2pm.The silver membership would be significantly discounted as its possible with limited space that you might not get in if the clubroom is full to capacity when you arrive.This worked very efficiently before.Experience has shown us that as long as the sliver members are ok with that level of membership as many as you like can join.

So....the SC is open to all.

Huh, are you being serious? of course it's not open to all, it's open to all with Gold membership which looks likely not to be available other than to existing members. But if you fancy taking your chances of getting a beer once in a blue moon then you may apply for Silver membership.

Personally I don't give a flying **** but don't pretend it's open to all when it is clearly a virtual closed shop again.

Huh, are you being serious? of course it's not open to all, it's open to all with Gold membership which looks likely not to be available other than to existing members. But if you fancy taking your chances of getting a beer once in a blue moon then you may apply for Silver membership.

We don't yet know what capacity the Legends bar will have so can't predict how many Gold memberships will be available. The Gold/Silver membership worked very well previously for many years.Fans were happy to join as silver members and take their chances on getting in.I don't remember there ever being a problem.

What it all boils down is how big a room the FC are prepared/able to rent to us.

In a perfect world with a new stadium in place there would be a clubroom that could hold far larger numbers.Something like the one that they have at Walsall would be fantastic.... :fingerscrossed:

We don't yet know what capacity the Legends bar will have so can't predict how many Gold memberships will be available. The Gold/Silver membership worked very well previously for many years.Fans were happy to join as silver members and take their chances on getting in.I don't remember there ever being a problem.

What it all boils down is how big a room the FC are prepared/able to rent to us.

In a perfect world with a new stadium in place there would be a clubroom that could hold far larger numbers.Something like the one that they have at Walsall would be fantastic.... :fingerscrossed:

Could always put in for the Ship and Castle or the Wedlocks (what is happening with them) any idea on costs for gold/silver? howabout a portacabin at corner of Dolman and E.E selling natch or simular would make a few quid :clapping:

If the SC is now open to all, has one level of unrestricted membership, and a first come first serve at the bar..then noone can complain about that. It's your choice if you want to beat the old gold to the bar room.

If that was the case nobody would complain. Thing is, it won't be first come first serve at the bar - it will be first refusal for gold members, again. That's where the idea of a closed shop comes from but Robbo doesn't accept that.

If that was the case nobody would complain. Thing is, it won't be first come first serve at the bar - it will be first refusal for gold members, again. That's where the idea of a closed shop comes from but Robbo doesn't accept that.

I can assure you that the bar staff do not usually have the time to decide which customer they want to serve first unless he is a particually hunky chap but i doubt that you would fall into that cateagory!!!!

I can assure you that the bar staff do not usually have the time to decide which customer they want to serve first unless he is a particually hunky chap but i doubt that you would fall into that cateagory!!!!

I'm not sure whether you're trying to be funny or whether you completely misread that genuinely...

When I say "first come first serve" I'm not talking about queueing at the bar, I'm talking about getting in there in the first place.

Is it a prerequisite of being on the SC board that you've flunked charm school?

Have got fed up with trying to be sensible because some people do not seen to want to listen to what is being stated,so i thought i would try a bring a bit light heartedness to the subject on a Thursday evening. No offence was intended.

Due to changes by the FC there will nolonger be a Bronze membership hence you will not be a SC member so you will not have the option to attend our AGM.

I'm confused by this statement.

Rule 11 of your Rules & Regulations states:

Membership of the club is open to all Bristol City Football Club supporters.

If membership is open to all (as robbored has reiterated numerous times within this thread), how can you tell people they won't be able to attend?

If membership is open to all (as robbored has reiterated numerous times within this thread), how can you tell people they won't be able to attend?

hmmmm most odd :unsure:

Due to changes made by the FC Bronze membership no longer exists - so those who were previously bronze members are no longer members of the SC. The AGM is for members.

They are free to apply for new membership if they want to.

I can't see whats confusing about that to understand.

Due to changes made by the FC Bronze membership no longer exists - so those who were previously bronze members are no longer members of the SC. The AGM is for members.

I will for sure, how much is it?; do I have to be nominated?

I will for sure, how much is it?; do I have to be nominated?

I really don't know how much it will be nor whether you will have to be nominated.These issues will be discussed at our next committee meeting.

Last year gold membership was £25 for the season. Averages out at about a quid a game.

Perhaps, now the SC has reverted back to having such a small membership, you would like to confirm that the SC will not be taking up it's option of having a seat at board meetings. I find it incredulous such a tiny and irrelevant group such get such treatment.

Ok, as it's confusing, I'll lay it out more clearly:

SC Statement 1: "You (a BristolCity supporter) will not have the option to attend our AGM."

SC Statement 2: "Membership of the club is open to all Bristol City Football Club supporters."

If membership is open to all, how can an SC board member categorically state that a supporter of Bristol City "will not have the option to attend our AGM"?

They aren't free to apply for membership if they want to, because renewals are only being sent to existing Gold members.

You don't even know how much it is or whether people will need to be nominated, so how you can say people are free to join at this stage is... well, confusing.

Ok, as it's confusing, I'll lay it out more clearly:

SC Statement 1: "You (a BristolCity supporter) will not have the option to attend our AGM."

SC Statement 2: "Membership of the club is open to all Bristol City Football Club supporters."

If membership is open to all, how can an SC board member categorically state that a supporter of Bristol City "will not have the option to attend our AGM"?

They aren't free to apply for membership if they want to, because renewals are only being sent to existing Gold members.

You don't even know how much it is or whether people will need to be nominated, so how you can say people are free to join at this stage is... well, confusing.

Ermmm...what is it about the The AGM is for members that you find confusing? Its a standard procedure.

If you are a member of the SC then you are welcome to attend the AGM. If you are not a member but wish to apply then please do so but untill you are a member then you cannot attend the SC AGM.

The same rule applies in all the clubs and societies that I've ever been a member of. BCFC invite only shareholders the City AGM.If you are not a share holder then you don't get in.

Ermmm...what is it about the The AGM is for members don't you find confusing? Its a standard procedure.

If you are a member of the SC then you are welcome to attend the AGM. If you are not a member but wish to apply then please do so but untill you are a member then you cannot attend the SC AGM.

The same rule applies in all the clubs and societies that I've ever been a member of. BCFC invite only shareholders the City AGM.If you are not a share holder then you don't get in.

I thought I'd made my post clear enough for anyone to understand. Clearly not.

I'll quote it again...

Due to changes by the FC there will nolonger be a Bronze membership hence you will not be a SC member so you will not have the option to attend our AGM.

That is a quote from a member of the SC board teling a supporter of Bristol City that they will not have the option to attend the AGM, when your rules state that membership is open to all supporters of Bristol City FC.

If membership is open to all supporters of Bristol City FC, why does the fan this post is aimed at not have the option to attend the AGM?

By the way, I run a local football club and our AGM is open to anyone who wishes to attend, we publicise it on the internet three weeks in advance and place a notice in a publicly accessible place three weeks prior to the AGM.

In fact, we use it as an opportunity to hand out new membership forms, registration cards and welcome anyone onto the committee who wants to help.

That is a quote from a member of the SC board teling a supporter of Bristol City that they will not have the option to attend the AGM, when your rules state that membership is open to all supporters of Bristol City FC.

If membership is open to all supporters of Bristol City FC, why does the fan this post is aimed at not have the option to attend the AGM?

Hmmm...My turn to try again. :noexpression:

1) SC membership is open to all fans. All you have to do is apply if you are not already a member.

2) To attend the SC AGM you have to be a member of said SC.

Is that clear enough?

Hmmm...My turn to try again. :noexpression:

1) SC membership is open to all fans. All you have to do is apply if you are not already a member.

2) To attend the SC AGM you have to be a member of said SC.

Is that clear enough?

Yup.

So redratster was wrong, DanC does have the option to attend.

Thought so.

Yup.

So redratster was wrong, DanC does have the option to attend.

Thought so.

All bronze members can attend..unless they hold the agm in the bar ofc...

But then the bronze members won't be able to become gold members after the agm because the waiting list is huge and the bar is so small you see and the leapord takes up alot of valuable space.

I'd like to see an exact figure when it's known as to the maximum membership of the gold members and an indication of the number on this waiting list. Transparacy is the only thing that might stop everyone coming more and more to loathe the SC. I wonder if any other supporters club alienates so many supporters.

I'd like to see an exact figure when it's known as to the maximum membership of the gold members and an indication of the number on this waiting list. Transparacy is the only thing that might stop everyone coming more and more to loathe the SC. I wonder if any other supporters club alienates so many supporters.

The facts are that demand to join the SC has increased significantly in the last two years. That hardly supports the comment that the supporters club alienates so many supporters. Waiting lists were virtually unknown in the past.

There are a few with rigid views on this forum who no matter what the SC did or how tranparent the SC was would still find reason to critise and slag off an organisation that has donated literally thousands of pounds over 60 odd years to our football club and provided a friendly clubroom for fans which has great togetherness on matchdays.

If Arn was still posting he would tell you what a good atmosphere there is.Many fans want to join so don't give me the supporters club alienates so many supporters. BS.

The SC speak with fork tongue!

Confuses the hell out of me, and obviously many others.

I think that the best thing would be for the Club to drop the name The Bristol City Supporters Club and change it to something that is more reflective of the numbers involved and what they actually do.

That way a lot of people would accept it for what it is and not what it purports to be.

The Bristol City Legends Group sounds good, or how about something like The Bristol City 200 Club?

So, how do I join again? AGM? :dunno:

They're making it up as they go along!

Robbored, as you know I have had some comments on the SC over the months.

As you may have noticed, I have been quiet on this front for a while, hence, do not take my comment as a dig; more a suggestion.

Why not hold the AGM in the Dolman Exhibition Hall with members only, however, let non-members attend (sort of viewing galley at the back type thing) and watch what goes on and what decisions are made. Provided they are silent and have no input, I can't see the harm in people witnessing this event.

In fact, it may help understanding and give people the chance to see that it isn't a "closed shop". Certainly from your perspective if you offer this option and nobody bothers attending; you can say that people had their chance.

Seems reasonable to me anyway. :tumbleweed:

If you read the club rules there are currently no members of the club at all as you need to have renewed your membership by the end of June and this obviously can't have happened as no prices/numbers etc have been decided yet. Going to be a very quiet meeting.....

Also, I notice that if you haven't renewed by the end of June the rules say that you have to go through the full application process once again.

The SC speak with fork tongue!

Confuses the hell out of me, and obviously many others.

I think that the best thing would be for the Club to drop the name The Bristol City Supporters Club and change it to something that is more reflective of the numbers involved and what they actually do.

That way a lot of people would accept it for what it is and not what it purports to be.

The Bristol City Legends Group sounds good, or how about something like The Bristol City 200 Club?

So, how do I join again? AGM? :dunno:

They're making it up as they go along!

You are just one of those 'rigid views' people that I referred to earlier.No matter what anyone says to you regarding the SC you come back with the same old tired jibes. You really must get out more.

:city: the thread was for (when is the supporters club AGM)

ANS: the supporters club agm is held in september.(it WILL be annouced here and the sc web site for the actual date).

questions have been asked and answered by several comitte members and other members of the sc

also trust member have gave answers to.

THE NEXT MOD TO READ THIS THREAD SHOULD LOCK IT DOWN

it is just being used as a bash the supporters club thread. :city:

You are just one of those 'rigid views' people that I referred to earlier.No matter what anyone says to you regarding the SC you come back with the same old tired jibes. You really must get out more.

Ooops! somehow all the words fell off!

Thanks for that babber. I have just been reading the 'Classics' Forum with last years AGM thread, nice to see some consistency all round.

I won't resort to child-like comments like yourself. I'm a better person than that but feel free to have a dig.

I wish you luck in your new home. Hope it goes better for you.

ps I will make sure that I get out to see the City games at least thank you.

:city: the thread was for (when is the supporters club AGM)

ANS: the supporters club agm is held in september.(it WILL be annouced here and the sc web site for the actual date).

questions have been asked and answered by several comitte members and other members of the sc

also trust member have gave answers to.

THE NEXT MOD TO READ THIS THREAD SHOULD LOCK IT DOWN

it is just being used as a bash the supporters club thread. :city:

Didn't you start the 'Classics' AGM thread? It's all your fault anyway, too late to change it now matey boy, the damage has been done. :D

:city: that right i started it so I'm going to finish it.

i got the anwers i wanted from the right people in the sc

i didnt keep bleating on like a tired record.

i didnt bash for bashing sake .

i didnt nit pick once i got the answer i was happy.

i didnt keep going at it just for hell of it to get my self noticed.

i never hid behind the key board and kept bashing

i got my ass away from the pc and did something about it face to face

found out the facts and the things people on the committe do free of charge

match days and on there days and nights off for the love of the football club

help others whilest enjoying there day watching bristol city home and away come rain come shine win or lose have some booze

whilest doing that helping to raise money to go towards the football

people have done it in the past and will do it in the future under the banner of the supporters club

helping to raise thousands of pounds,remember 82, supporters club emptied the coffers to help save the club along with many others

if helping the club with donations helping people enjoy there match day bring people to the club and giving them a room big or small l

large membership or small we are doing are bit for the football club along with the trust,foundation etc weather its to youre liking or not

we at the sc are just trying to help some way or another.

so get off youre soap box

get away from the key boards and show us what you can do for bristol city

instead of bashing start helping :city:

:city: that right i started it so I'm going to finish it.

i got the anwers i wanted from the right people in the sc

i didnt keep bleating on like a tired record.

i didnt bash for bashing sake .

i didnt nit pick once i got the answer i was happy.

i didnt keep going at it just for hell of it to get my self noticed.

i never hid behind the key board and kept bashing

i got my ass away from the pc and did something about it face to face

found out the facts and the things people on the committe do free of charge

match days and on there days and nights off for the love of the football club

help others whilest enjoying there day watching bristol city home and away come rain come shine win or lose have some booze

whilest doing that helping to raise money to go towards the football

people have done it in the past and will do it in the future under the banner of the supporters club

helping to raise thousands of pounds,remember 82, supporters club emptied the coffers to help save the club along with many others

if helping the club with donations helping people enjoy there match day bring people to the club and giving them a room big or small l

large membership or small we are doing are bit for the football club along with the trust,foundation etc weather its to youre liking or not

we at the sc are just trying to help some way or another.

so get off youre soap box

get away from the key boards and show us what you can do for bristol city

instead of bashing start helping :city:

Well said, that man!!!!! :englandsmile4wf:

Archived