IGNORED

Supporters Club Agm

freezer

:city: that right i started it so I'm going to finish it.

i got the anwers i wanted from the right people in the sc

i didnt keep bleating on like a tired record.

i didnt bash for bashing sake .

i didnt nit pick once i got the answer i was happy.

i didnt keep going at it just for hell of it to get my self noticed.

i never hid behind the key board and kept bashing

i got my ass away from the pc and did something about it face to face

found out the facts and the things people on the committe do free of charge

match days and on there days and nights off for the love of the football club

help others whilest enjoying there day watching bristol city home and away come rain come shine win or lose have some booze

whilest doing that helping to raise money to go towards the football

people have done it in the past and will do it in the future under the banner of the supporters club

helping to raise thousands of pounds,remember 82, supporters club emptied the coffers to help save the club along with many others

if helping the club with donations helping people enjoy there match day bring people to the club and giving them a room big or small l

large membership or small we are doing are bit for the football club along with the trust,foundation etc weather its to youre liking or not

we at the sc are just trying to help some way or another.

so get off youre soap box

get away from the key boards and show us what you can do for bristol city

instead of bashing start helping :city:

Well done, and now breathe..........

I'll post and say what I like irrespective of what you or others might want me to do thank you. It's called freedom of speech.

You are obviously a 'Gold Member', no problem with that, a lot of good people are, but there is still a lot wrong with how the SC comes across, and in no way is the SC representative of most Bristol City Supporters. You are a very small percentage of the fans. I hope you enjoy you're new premises. I still think a name change is due to truly reflect who you are, and forget the past that's old hat.

I'll support the club in whatever way I like, I don't profess to be anything other than an 'average' fan.

ps I have no gripe with any other organisation connected with the club, they behave in a professional and courteous manner.

Two days away from here and I'm still none the wiser if I'm able to join the SC, vote at the AGM, or enjoy those all so important subsidised pints of beer.

Oh, keep up KNR.

The answer's "yes, yes and yes".

Assuming you have Gold Membership.

Otherwise the answer is "Probably maybe (I think Robbored's (SC) approach is that you are most definitely allowed to join the SC if you are eligible), probably maybe (assuming you are a member which you may or may not be depending on whether you are a Bronze member or not) and probably maybe (well, maybe not)".

What's not to understand?

So, it's now September and the Supporters club AGM surely has a date, place and time arranged, and the previous years supporters club members will no doubt be given chance to come along and join in, right?

No mention of it AT ALL on their webpage......only a mention of "gold members should have had their renewal forms by now" note they haven't sent out renewal forms to any Bronze/silver members....

also a link on their page to join as a Silver Member for £5 per year to gain access to Legends Bar (which can hold 120 people)......hmmm, see they didn't advertise that very well either!

waste of space them lot.....

• Admin
No mention of it AT ALL on their webpage......only a mention of "gold members should have had their renewal forms by now" note they haven't sent out renewal forms to any Bronze/silver members....

also a link on their page to join as a Silver Member for £5 per year to gain access to Legends Bar (which can hold 120 people)......hmmm, see they didn't advertise that very well either!

I would like to know how I could get a "Gold" membership to enable me to use the bar at the Atyeo end of the Dolman stand ?

Like mentioned above it seemed my money was accepted last season to get me into the DEH, but this season I was not even offered the opportunity to purchase a gold membership !

Can somebody please explain why this is ?

I would like to know how I could get a "Gold" membership to enable me to use the bar at the Atyeo end of the Dolman stand ?

Like mentioned above it seemed my money was accepted last season to get me into the DEH, but this season I was not even offered the opportunity to purchase a gold membership !

Robbored will undoubtedly be only to happy meet you for a pint and explain in person, after all we wouldn't want to make useful information available in a public forum.

You will need to bring your membership card, passport, driving license, DNA sample, 6 months of gas bills and a signed affidavit from all four sets of great grandparents for the purposes of verification of course.

As has been mentioned many times before,there is no longer a bronze membership for use of the DEH.To gain access you now must be a season ticket holder.

If you want a gold membership,just download an application form from the link on the OS and send it in along with two photographs and the joining fee.

As has been mentioned many times before,there is no longer a bronze membership for use of the DEH.To gain access you now must be a season ticket holder.

If you want a gold membership,just download an application form from the link on the OS and send it in along with two photographs and the joining fee.

Might it be an idea to ANNOUNCE this then, rather than posts hidden away in long threads on a forum?

Just a thought, it might make the SC slightly less than a closed shop.

So, it's now September and the Supporters club AGM surely has a date, place and time arranged, and the previous years supporters club members will no doubt be given chance to come along and join in, right?

Due to both work and family commitments we are unable to hold the AGM in September but we have plans to hold it before the end of October when all of the committee member are available. All current members are eligiable to attend but we are limited to a capacity of 120 at the present time.

If you read the link properly you will see that the £5 Silver Membership does not entitle you access to SC (aka Legends Bar).

So what does it entitle you to exactly?

It would seem that as a silver member you can vote for player of the season, get some kind of insurance when at matches (although what you're insured for isn't specified) and you're allowed to hire the SC bar at a discounted rate. An absolute bargain obviously!

• Admin

Thanks for the update, for anyone wanting to also take up this offer CLICK HERE

One more question it says on application form that membership numbers are restricted, if I apply will there be space available

Another fine advert for the SC.

Its hardly the fault of the SC if fire regulations restrict the clubroom to 120. The same regs apply to the DEH.It can can take 1200 max and yet there are over 13000 ST holders.

On busy matchdays when capacity is reached the same principle of 'one in one out' applies in all the Dolman bars - not just the SC.

• Admin
for christ sake it is LIMITED TO 120 this means if you turn up and you are number 121 you wont get in

hope this helps :ranting::ranting::fingerscrossed:

Do us ALL a favour if you have nothing constructive to add - DON'T BOTHER !

My question was trying to find out if this number had been reached !!

There would be no point signing up if enough people had joined anyway. . .

Of course there would be, I'm signed up but have yet to go in there this season.

That is one spare space.

Look, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm not an SC member and appreciate that although you had a genuine question, the answer you received had more to do with the way others posters have stirred and insulted a BCFC institution and its members on this forum. Its pathetic.

Perhaps these posters should be addressing some of their issues to the club and discover why the Supporters Club have relocated at huge personal cost, rather than their perceived knowledge.

Alternatively, simply ask to meet an officer of the Supporters Club in person. It's easy.

Look, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm not an SC member and appreciate that although you had a genuine question, the answer you received had more to do with the way others posters have stirred and insulted a BCFC institution and its members on this forum. Its pathetic.

Perhaps these posters should be addressing some of their issues to the club and discover why the Supporters Club have relocated at huge personal cost, rather than their perceived knowledge.

Alternatively, simply ask to meet an officer of the Supporters Club in person. It's easy.

It would be easier if they were just honest with people in the first place wouldn't it, stop treating people like fools, and be more transparent of what exactly things like silver membership means.

Why the secrecy about everything the do, I thought being called a supporters club meant it was run for the supporters.

I don't see how difficult it can be just to post a few bits of info here and there explaining what goes on, who can join, who cannot join, when meetings take place, what charities they support, what fundraising is taking place, and if they need some help from the supporters of this club to finance there move into a new building, if they need help with fundraising for there charities, whos in charge, etc etc.

How bloody difficult is that? Again, why is everything so secretive?

If the supporters trust had started up running like the supporters club do, who seriously would be interested in it?

It would be easier if they were just honest with people in the first place wouldn't it, stop treating people like fools, and be more transparent of what exactly things like silver membership means.

Why the secrecy about everything the do, I thought being called a supporters club meant it was run for the supporters.

I don't see how difficult it can be just to post a few bits of info here and there explaining what goes on, who can join, who cannot join, when meetings take place, what charities they support, what fundraising is taking place, and if they need some help from the supporters of this club to finance there move into a new building, if they need help with fundraising for there charities, whos in charge, etc etc.

How bloody difficult is that? Again, why is everything so secretive?

If the supporters trust had started up running like the supporters club do, who seriously would be interested in it?

Silver membership entitles you to vote for Player of the Year and you are covered by insurance for injuries received at football grounds.

Anyone is welcome to join the SC but due to fire regulations we are limited to a capacity of 120 at the present time but are hoping a forthcoming stadium review will increase that number.

Meetings take place on the 2nd Thursday of each month.

The SC make regular donations to the FC and last season also donated money to Buster Footman's cancer charity walk,Nick Randalls family and Ashton vale Primary School.

We are investigating several fundraising ideas that have not yet come to fruition.

As a duty to SC members we had to enter into lengthy negotiations with the FC which were not resolved until the beginning of July, to secure new premises for this season which havve been fully refurbished at the SC expense.

All the committee members are named on the SC page and we are currently trying to set up a page that we can update and add to ourselves without going through the FC media department that we have to do at the present time. We hope to have a page similar to the Supporters Trust.

The Supporters Trust are fine organisation in their own right but have slightly different aims that the SC but we do quite often work with/alongside them because at the end of the day we are bonded by the same thing THE LOVE FOR BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.

Anything else you need to know please do not hesitate to come and ask to speak to me at the Birmingham game or because i am going on holiday or the next that i will be available is the Norwich game.

We are planning to cap the membership numbers at 300 so you are welcome to join if you so wish but as has been mentioned on here many times we have to operate on a one in,one out system when the club room is full. This is no different to the DEH being open to 13000+ ST holders when it can house 1300.

Silver membership entitles you to vote for Player of the Year and you are covered by insurance for injuries received at football grounds.

Anyone is welcome to join the SC but due to fire regulations we are limited to a capacity of 120 at the present time but are hoping a forthcoming stadium review will increase that number.

Meetings take place on the 2nd Thursday of each month.

The SC make regular donations to the FC and last season also donated money to Buster Footman's cancer charity walk,Nick Randalls family and Ashton vale Primary School.

We are investigating several fundraising ideas that have not yet come to fruition.

As a duty to SC members we had to enter into lengthy negotiations with the FC which were not resolved until the beginning of July, to secure new premises for this season which havve been fully refurbished at the SC expense.

All the committee members are named on the SC page and we are currently trying to set up a page that we can update and add to ourselves without going through the FC media department that we have to do at the present time. We hope to have a page similar to the Supporters Trust.

The Supporters Trust are fine organisation in their own right but have slightly different aims that the SC but we do quite often work with/alongside them because at the end of the day we are bonded by the same thing THE LOVE FOR BRISTOL CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.

Anything else you need to know please do not hesitate to come and ask to speak to me at the Birmingham game or because i am going on holiday or the next that i will be available is the Norwich game.

Thank you for responding, I hope this will be a new start for the Supporters club, and communication is near top of the agenda, this is one area that has really been neglected in the past. I wish you luck.

Archived