IGNORED

Supporters Club Agm

freezer

As yet the SC doesn't know whether there will be Gold members next season.As mentioned earlier in this thread we are in liaison with the club and should hopefully know more later this week.

It's now past later this week. No updates on the SC site - since May - what is the Gold/Normal Members situation?

Just wondering like, as it affects thousands of fans.

It's now past later this week. No updates on the SC site - since May - what is the Gold/Normal Members situation?

Just wondering like, as it affects thousands of fans.

Funny you should mention that Freezer because by now i would have had to apply for new membershp but aint heard nought.

I'm sure Tower Crane Red or Robbered may be able to enlighten us but probably there aint no news yet?

Funny you should mention that Freezer because by now i would have had to apply for new membershp but aint heard nought.

I'm sure Tower Crane Red or Robbered may be able to enlighten us but probably there aint no news yet?

Thats right. No developments yet. You would have heard if there had been.

As soon as confirmed info is available it will be on our official page.

Thanks for that.

So will the official page carry details of both the AGM and the info with regard to what is happening to members?

Perhaps something could be put on the official page to keep members 'up to speed'.

After all, we're not going to treat our fans like The Gash do are we by not communicating properly.

Hello :sub: Following the announcement on the OS stating that access for all season ticket holders to the DEH is free next season, can anyone clarify a few points.

Is there still a SC in any shape or form?

Will there still be a 'Gold' members section?

Will the thousands of ex-SC members be encouraged to join any other groups that may 'support' the club?

Does this mean that the AGM is not a goer?

Thanks in advance.

ps There's nothing about it on the SC site.

It does seem a shame about the SC and a complete lack of its info to our clubs supporters. I first joined 40 plus years back and I really do hope the Club for supporters remains that, :fingerscrossed: not just for those that can afford a bit more.

As yet the SC doesn't know whether there will be Gold members next season.As mentioned earlier in this thread we are in liaison with the club and should hopefully know more later this week.

Dated 9th June :fastasleep::sleeping: anything??

personally, I'm delighted that the Dolman Hall has become free to ST holders as it previous was prior to be hijacked by the SC and entry subject to a "another fee" something that was a very unpopular descision.

as for the supporters club............seriously....who cares now, they do little to nothing for the club and are a none worthwhile entity.

Dolman Stand Bar and Fans in generally will be better off without it's influence.

Hello :sub: Following the announcement on the OS stating that access for all season ticket holders to the DEH is free next season, can anyone clarify a few points.

Is there still a SC in any shape or form?

Will there still be a 'Gold' members section?

Will the thousands of ex-SC members be encouraged to join any other groups that may 'support' the club?

Does this mean that the AGM is not a goer?

Thanks in advance.

ps There's nothing about it on the SC site.

The SC knew only today that the club would be providing us with a facility in which to have a club room - thats what all the liaison has been about over the last few weeks.

We did know that the DEH would be for ST holders but were asked not to reveal that info untill the club decided to release said info. I don't know what the FC plan to do with the previous Bronze memebers - other than provide the DEH for those who are ST holders.

As yet we have not had time to put anything on our web page but hopefully when our secretary comes in on Thursday she will be able to prepare the details and post them.

There will be a SC agm as usual - date to be decided.

Hope this helps.

personally, I'm delighted that the Dolman Hall has become free to ST holders as it previous was prior to be hijacked by the SC and entry subject to a "another fee" something that was a very unpopular descision.

as for the supporters club............seriously....who cares now, they do little to nothing for the club and are a none worthwhile entity.

Dolman Stand Bar and Fans in generally will be better off without it's influence.

:city: it was of the football club's doing to make the dolman hall part of the supporters club.

there was no hijacking

the football club took any money from bronze member that joined via there season tickets

not the supporters club,those that joined the supporters club directly,there money goes towards the running of the supporters club and player of the year awards etc.

the supporters club regularly put money back in to the club via donations and sponsorship of players shirts.

the players which the supporters club sponsor can be seen in the programe week in week out.

hope this has gave you a better insight.

a announcement will be made about the new home of the supporters club hopefully by this weekend

on this site and bcfc site.

as for the agm its normaly held in september and again will be announce on this site and the supporters club page on bcfc. :city:

I would argue that if the Supporters Club weren't around in the 50s/60s there might not even be a Bristol City Football Club for you to support, the SC has donated hundreds of thousands of £s over the years.

Obviously you want to disregard that and concentrate on your own agenda.

BCAGFC

The SC knew only today that the club would be providing us with a facility in which to have a club room - thats what all the liaison has been about over the last few weeks.

We did know that the DEH would be for ST holders but were asked not to reveal that info untill the club decided to release said info. I don't know what the FC plan to do with the previous Bronze memebers - other than provide the DEH for those who are ST holders.

As yet we have not had time to put anything on our web page but hopefully when our secretary comes in on Thursday she will be able to prepare the details and post them.

There will be a SC agm as usual - date to be decided.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, yes it does help, a bit.

Just to confirm please.

The SC still exists.

It exists in a club room for Gold members only.

The SC will only represent a very small number of Supporters of Bristol City Football Club.

I would argue that if the Supporters Club weren't around in the 50s/60s there might not even be a Bristol City Football Club for you to support, the SC has donated hundreds of thousands of £s over the years.

BCAGFC

I don't think anybody is saying that there shouldn't be a supporters club or doubts the support they have provided to the Football Club over the years.

What people do have a problem with is the way that, once the SC had been given the Dolman Bar, the bronze members were treated in a manner that suggested they were more of a necessary evil rather than being welcomed into the supporters club and made to feel welcome. The main example of this was the way that any question or request for information presented to the club was ignored and not answered in a way that wouldn't have looked out of place at Prime Ministers Questions.

The return of the Dolman Hall to the main bulk of supporters on matchdays is welcome, as is the fact that the supporters club will be able to return to more or less it's previous format with their own premises in Ashton Gate somewhere. I presonally think it's the best solution all round.

BCAGFC

How do you feel the football club would have got on if the Supporters Club in the 50s/60s had been a cliquey, opaque, introverted and badly organised drinking club for the golden few like it is now? It says quite a bit to me that good deeds done 50 years ago get brought up as a smoke screen every time the Supporter's club are asked legitimate questions.

As it is right now the SC does very, very little for the football club. It turned it's collective nose up at a massive opportunity to change into a vibrant organisation that made a real difference to the club and for that reason I feel the fans as a whole would be better off if it was booted out of the DEH completely and the Trust offered the facility instead. At least they are capable of communicating and actually do positive things, they would put the extra membership they got out of it to good use instead of treating it as a perk. Like the board position.

How do you feel the football club would have got on if the Supporters Club in the 50s/60s had been a cliquey, opaque, introverted and badly organised drinking club for the golden few like it is now? It says quite a bit to me that good deeds done 50 years ago get brought up as a smoke screen every time the Supporter's club are asked legitimate questions.

As it is right now the SC does very, very little for the football club. It turned it's collective nose up at a massive opportunity to change into a vibrant organisation that made a real difference to the club and for that reason I feel the fans as a whole would be better off if it was booted out of the DEH completely and the Trust offered the facility instead. At least they are capable of communicating and actually do positive things, they would put the extra membership they got out of it to good use instead of treating it as a perk. Like the board position.

Just out of interest what have you ever done for th FC?

I don't think anybody is saying that there shouldn't be a supporters club or doubts the support they have provided to the Football Club over the years.

What people do have a problem with is the way that, once the SC had been given the Dolman Bar, the bronze members were treated in a manner that suggested they were more of a necessary evil rather than being welcomed into the supporters club and made to feel welcome. The main example of this was the way that any question or request for information presented to the club was ignored and not answered in a way that wouldn't have looked out of place at Prime Ministers Questions.

The return of the Dolman Hall to the main bulk of supporters on matchdays is welcome, as is the fact that the supporters club will be able to return to more or less it's previous format with their own premises in Ashton Gate somewhere. I presonally think it's the best solution all round.

Sorry - I did not realise that you wanted to be greeted with a hug and a kiss on match day!!!

Just out of interest what have you ever done for th FC?

The next time the club gives me use of a private bar and a seat on the board I'll quite happily answer.

Typical evasive reply from yet another supporter's club goldmember - thanks for proving the point.

Thanks for your reply, yes it does help, a bit.

Just to confirm please.

The SC still exists.

It exists in a club room for Gold members only.

The SC will only represent a very small number of Supporters of Bristol City Football Club.

Redratser, can you answer the above questions please.

I presume that you may know, thank you.

The next time the club gives me use of a private bar and a seat on the board I'll quite happily answer.

Typical evasive reply from yet another supporter's club goldmember - thanks for proving the point.

Who say's that I am a SC gold member? Having looked into the history of the SC from 1949 i feel that the SC has more than earned a place within the FC.I agree that donations to the FC from SC have dwindled over the years, but that is due to the fact the majority of fund raising projects that the SC have started over the decades have been taken over by the FC. It's not quite as easy as you seem to think it is to constantly come up with money making schemes.

Yes the SC still exists.

No, there are no gold memberships anymore - just SC membership.

Yes, we do only represent a relatively small percentage of fans but that is the case in most football clubs.

I would add however, that the number of members that we can have is restricted by the capacity of the premises that we have use of.

Thank you for the reply redratser.

My only concern is that once again a very small number of supporters ( compared to the overall fanbase), have the right to call themselves the Bristol City Supporters Club when they do not represent the vast majority of the supporters of Bristol City.

Perhaps this will be addressed at another time.

I am no longer a member of the Supporters Club, I have no problem with that, I can still use the DEH should I choose to, and for me that was all being a member meant.

The unfortunate thing is that the Club - Bristol City and The SC - have failed to use the opportunity to bring together thousands of supporters who all back the Club, thereby somewhat alienating those fans and their possible input - both financial and supportive - by simply making them ex-members of a club that only now exists for a small few.

I wonder if other clubs Supporters Clubs are managed for the majority of Supporters to help them to Support their club?

Crazy idea I know but it could just work.

:city: yes freezer the sc still exists.

the supports club will be moving to a new area of the ground.

hopefully by the weekend it will be annouced on this site and bcfc sc page where too.

membership will depend on how many the health and saftey will allow in the room (fire risk etc)

the supporters club will continue to support the club with donations and sponsor players shirts as it always has done,

and remain a share holder in the football club . :city:

hope this clears up youre questions.

Who say's that I am a SC gold member?

Are you saying you're not? Pull the other one it's got bells on.

Having looked into the history of the SC from 1949 i feel that the SC has more than earned a place within the FC.I agree that donations to the FC from SC have dwindled over the years, but that is due to the fact the majority of fund raising projects that the SC have started over the decades have been taken over by the FC. It's not quite as easy as you seem to think it is to constantly come up with money making schemes.

The supporters club seems to do absolutely nothing except sit around in a nice private bar and throw a nice end of year bash. It's an utter shambles now no matter how good it was in the past because it's chock full of people interested solely in maintaining cushy little privileges. You can see this from how the SC completely blew the opportunity to make the most of the thousands of members the football club handed them on a plate.

If an organisation is going to take up space at the club on a matchday I would rather it is the Trust. They are absolutely light years in front of the SC in terms of how they communicate, operate openly and transparently, and use their ties to the club to represent all fans views. They do things like organise a survey about the stadium to make sure the board hear from fans, and the SC just says "we're not a political organisation" and sits around in it's cosy little room. Compare some of Milo's or Blagdon Red's posts here about the Trust to yours and say Robbored's or take a look at their website and their communication and compare it to the SC one.

Given all this, why on earth should the SC get the perks it does? Because it did something good just after the last world war? Come on...

I would add however, that the number of members that we can have is restricted by the capacity of the premises that we have use of.

Yes, back to the old answer with glee - I can hear the champagne corks now. I bet you're all delighted that the Legends bar is even smaller, it means less Hoi Poilloi sneaking in doesn't it?

Have you made any progress convincing the club to pay for your refurb yet?!

Archived