IGNORED

Nick Carle Gone To Palace / Replacements

leader

Your supporters showed real class at Ashton Gate when we beat you (for the second time) in the playoff SF. It's a shame that some of your supporters still feel the need to come on this forum and post pretty feeble attempts to wind-up the natives. Despite our carrot-crunching reputation we're a little more sophisticated here in God's-own city. However, we treat the wind-up merchants with the contempt that they deserve.

We look forward to our games with Palace this year in exactly the same way that we anticipate battles with Derby, Reading, the Jacks and The Trees. No more, no less. You're not a bigger team than us, just hopefully another victim.

Carle - or "Nicky" as named by the antipodean queens from Victoria, who will now prowl your forum during the UK's sleeping hours - is a decent enough player. Good left foot - no right foot; a "Cruyff turn" that would ensure that he was never evicted from Strictly Come Dancing. Goals on YouTube (in Australian football) to make you moist; sadly, in reality, not even a "near miss" in the Championship.

In short (and he is), "Nicky" offers a lot of promise - which is why so many people are sorry to see him go. Unfortunately, from our point of view, his promise was unfulfilled. In our biggest game for thirty years (against Hull at Wembley in case you're in any doubt) for all of his hard work and deft touches, he failed to boss the game in the way that "big game players" are supposed to. Which is why why we're playing you again in 2008/9.

I wish "Nicky" luck and no hard feelings. I have no reason to dislike the man or the player. I was shocked and surprised to learn that we were prepared to release him, but I'm not concerned.

In GJ we have a manager that supporters of every other team in the Championship - including Palace, I'm sure ... go on, admit it - wish that they had as their manager. With magnificent support from our Chairman, he is developing our club - not just our team - into a unit which will compete once again in the Championship title race in 2008/9. You, on the other hand, have Colin and "The Orange Chairman". I know which combination I'd rather have running my club.

All in all, I'd rather live in my part of the world, supporting my team, than I'd support your lot. I'm sure you feel the same way ... though God only knows why.

Careful Mate.. Newcastle Jets fans are in NEW SOUTH WALES.,

and Nick Carle hails from Sydney, also in that State. VICTORIA is God"s Own State and I think I am the only bloke who posts periodically from here. For me, at least ,BRISTOL CITY ,the team, comes first and any individual player no matter how good comes second. Please direct your gratuitous insults elsewhere

Has he definitely gone yet?

I hope not but if the worst comes to the worst there are some good midfielders at the Euros we could do worse than look at.

I was impressed by Arda Turan of Turkey until his untimely suspnension for the semis. He's only 21 as well so maybe get in there quick before a big club snaps him up.

Bilyaletdinov is a rising star and played quite well at times for Russia.

A realistic striker could perhaps be, I don't know, Semih Semturk who scored 3 for Turkey and is a rising star.

Finally if we go up we would also need to reinforce left back and one centre back.

I would recommend Pranjic of Croatia and Krygiakos respectively.

Has he definitely gone yet?

I hope not but if the worst comes to the worst there are some good midfielders at the Euros we could do worse than look at.

I was impressed by Arda Turan of Turkey until his untimely suspnension for the semis. He's only 21 as well so maybe get in there quick before a big club snaps him up.

Bilyaletdinov is a rising star and played quite well at times for Russia.

A realistic striker could perhaps be, I don't know, Semih Semturk who scored 3 for Turkey and is a rising star.

Finally if we go up we would also need to reinforce left back and one centre back.

I would recommend Pranjic of Croatia and Krygiakos respectively.

Delusional.

Hi I'm a big Nick Carle fan and really enjoyed watching (when they were televised in Aus) Bristol City's games last season. Don't know if you guys have already read this article but it appeared in the Australian online version of FourFourTwo au.fourfourtwo.com:

NICK Carle is poised to sign a three-year deal with Crystal Palace and his new boss is already tipping him to be a fans' favourite.

The Socceroo will move for seven figures from Championship rivals Bristol City.

Palace boss Neil Warnock says it was a case of spot-on timing but that he was confident of the deal once hearing counterpart Gary Johnson was willing to sell the midfielder.

He told the Croydon Advertiser: "It looked like we were going to lose Ben Watson and I have been impressed with Nick when we played against him. We man-marked him to stop him from playing at Ashton Gate.

"We found out that Gary might sell him as his son was fit again and I knew that they needed money for strikers. It was a case of being in the right place at he right time really.

"I'm absolutely delighted with it. I think he is someone who we have needed.

"I think the fans will like him and he will compliment what we have already got. He can see a pass and has some good legs on him."

All the best for next season. Fingers crossed for promotion! :fingerscrossed:

Careful Mate.. Newcastle Jets fans are in NEW SOUTH WALES.,

and Nick Carle hails from Sydney, also in that State. VICTORIA is God"s Own State and I think I am the only bloke who posts periodically from here. For me, at least ,BRISTOL CITY ,the team, comes first and any individual player no matter how good comes second. Please direct your gratuitous insults elsewhere

No your not Philip

we should try and keep him

From todays Western Daily Press.....

Nick Carle is expected to complete his move from Ashton Gate to Crystal Palace today Saturday after agreeing terms with Eagles boss Neil Warnock.

Although sources in south London suggest Palace are paying about £700,000 for the Australia international, the Western Daily Press understands the fee is significantly higher than that. Johnson refused to discuss the details. But he admitted: "It's very good business for our club."

From todays Western Daily Press.....

Nick Carle is expected to complete his move from Ashton Gate to Crystal Palace today Saturday after agreeing terms with Eagles boss Neil Warnock.

Although sources in south London suggest Palace are paying about £700,000 for the Australia international, the Western Daily Press understands the fee is significantly higher than that. Johnson refused to discuss the details. But he admitted: "It's very good business for our club."

Typical WDP news Matt.

He had a medical thursday mate, passed it, and the deal is done.

Why both clubs don't announce it i just don't know.

As for the 700,000 that is rubbish. Ive had good info that it was 1.2 million

Hi I'm a big Nick Carle fan and really enjoyed watching (when they were televised in Aus) Bristol City's games last season. Don't know if you guys have already read this article but it appeared in the Australian online version of FourFourTwo au.fourfourtwo.com:

NICK Carle is poised to sign a three-year deal with Crystal Palace and his new boss is already tipping him to be a fans' favourite.

The Socceroo will move for seven figures from Championship rivals Bristol City.

Palace boss Neil Warnock says it was a case of spot-on timing but that he was confident of the deal once hearing counterpart Gary Johnson was willing to sell the midfielder.

He told the Croydon Advertiser: "It looked like we were going to lose Ben Watson and I have been impressed with Nick when we played against him. We man-marked him to stop him from playing at Ashton Gate.

"We found out that Gary might sell him as his son was fit again and I knew that they needed money for strikers. It was a case of being in the right place at he right time really.

"I'm absolutely delighted with it. I think he is someone who we have needed.

"I think the fans will like him and he will compliment what we have already got. He can see a pass and has some good legs on him."

All the best for next season. Fingers crossed for promotion! :fingerscrossed:

I find one sentance beyond belief.

"Gary might sell Nick Carle as his son was fit again".

Question : If City had the opportunity to sell Carle or LJ who would you sell, and for what reason

I agree.

I can't be bothered with all this agrro between us and Palace. I don't mind Palace at all and on most things we seem on a par with you these days, like ground, team etc.

I'm not sure why Carle wants to go to Palace as it seems a sideways move right now? but good luck to him. Shame he didn't stay as he showed lots of potential on those final few games.

Glad we're in agreement! There was quite a bit of banter this season between our fans, players and even staff. Behind the scenes though Neil and Gary are perfectly good friends with Warnock liking to follow the mantre of "what happens on the football pitch, stays on the football pitch" he's really a perfect gent off the pitch!

It'll certainly be interesting for us next season. If anyone can tempt Sinclair out on loan I suppose it's us as he had great support from our fans last season so to have him, Moses, Carle, Soares and Derry in our midfield 5 would be excellent.

I don't really have an axe to grind with Bristol either, it's a city which is big enough and deserving enough of a top side and you're obviously moving in the right direction. Just be patient next season, so many teams have fallen off the radar for expecting too much, Colchester were definitely guilty of that and I wouldn't like to see a potentially big old club with a decent manager fail to match last seasons heights.

Typical WDP news Matt.

He had a medical thursday mate, passed it, and the deal is done.

Why both clubs don't announce it i just don't know.

As for the 700,000 that is rubbish. Ive had good info that it was 1.2 million

Yeah, cheers Arn, guess the WDP are just thinking it must be done at some stage....!

Seems strange to say the least....maybe the confusion is that we are making a profit of £700,000...?

Wonder if the quibble is also how the money is paid ? Maybe we want more up front to pay for Meteb up front as the Egyptian side want ?

Glad we're in agreement! There was quite a bit of banter this season between our fans, players and even staff. Behind the scenes though Neil and Gary are perfectly good friends with Warnock liking to follow the mantre of "what happens on the football pitch, stays on the football pitch" he's really a perfect gent off the pitch!

It'll certainly be interesting for us next season. If anyone can tempt Sinclair out on loan I suppose it's us as he had great support from our fans last season so to have him, Moses, Carle, Soares and Derry in our midfield 5 would be excellent.

I don't really have an axe to grind with Bristol either, it's a city which is big enough and deserving enough of a top side and you're obviously moving in the right direction. Just be patient next season, so many teams have fallen off the radar for expecting too much, Colchester were definitely guilty of that and I wouldn't like to see a potentially big old club with a decent manager fail to match last seasons heights.

Unfortunately what did not help Colchester's cause was selling there two main strikers Cureton and Iwelumo.

No your not Philip

No- sorry about that . You're completely correct.

I got a little carried-away when that character confused the states. ("Victorian Queens"- Bloody Hell !! ) Both you and I know that the Melbourne v Sydney rivalry makes the perennial argument between City and the gas look like a minor disagreement over Sunday afternoon tea and scones.

I doubt you'll get slated. There's media confirmation he's agreed a three year deal in post 1006(!) of this thread.

But lets give Arn his credit, or I will should I say - he confirmed that the deal was done before anyone knew about it to myself and he confirmed when the medical had been passed. He has inside info on this one.

Well done Arn.... :clapping:

But lets give Arn his credit, or I will should I say - he confirmed that the deal was done before anyone knew about it to myself and he confirmed when the medical had been passed. He has inside info on this one.

Well done Arn.... :clapping:

ummm the same info was passed around at the same time to others and others knew but would not post it in fear of making a balls up of the transfer, i know where the info come from but it would be a breach of confidence by doing so.

sometimes this forum seems to focus on breaking a so called ITK story without thinking about getting that sourse in to trouble just to look the dogs B on a forum.

nothing against arn, nice bloke but at times some need to think with more care!! jeeze i could write a book on itk crap

but in the long run it could do a lot of damage.

the sourse ought to know better to........

:juggle:

Delusional.

Correct.

It's amazing what names get mentioned on here, i saw sionko of copenhagen mentioned as a target! He was the czech republic's best player, scored a bliner against portugal and is almost assured of european football.

I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to join a side who have spent 8 out of the last ten years in the 3rd teir of english football. And don't even mention going for Arshavin!!

If we're going to link players, make them realistic.

ummm the same info was passed around at the same time to others and others knew but would not post it in fear of making a balls up of the transfer, i know where the info come from but it would be a breach of confidence by doing so.

sometimes this forum seems to focus on breaking a so called ITK story without thinking about getting that sourse in to trouble just to look the dogs B on a forum.

nothing against arn, nice bloke but at times some need to think with more care!! jeeze i could write a book on itk crap

Don't take this the wrong way Sean, but Matt asked me by pm, NOT on this forum, if there was any truth in the Carle rumour.

I of course new the same as you did, but i asked Matt to keep it to himself.

Now the deal is done perhaps Matt thought it was ok to say that i told him.

All in all no big deal as far as I'm concerned, as the rumour spread like wildfire.

Ohh, and ofcourse, your a nice bloke to!

Don't take this the wrong way Sean, but Matt asked me by pm, NOT on this forum, if there was any truth in the Carle rumour.

I of course new the same as you did, but i asked Matt to keep it to himself.

Now the deal is done perhaps Matt thought it was ok to say that i told him.

All in all no big deal as far as I'm concerned, as the rumour spread like wildfire.

Ohh, and ofcourse, your a nice bloke to!

Arn - cheers bud, I kept my end of the deal as agreed and as you state.

To others - Arn PM'd me back with answers to a few questions, info that he had received from a source we had both spoken to. What he said a week ago and 2 days before the papers got hold of it was spot on. I promised to keep it quiet and did, and only 24 pages later did I pass a confirmatory comment on it.

I know Arn trusts me, as I have received other info since, which again I wont comment on. Unless it becomes common knowledge.

Arn - cheers bud, I kept my end of the deal as agreed and as you state.

To others - Arn PM'd me back with answers to a few questions, info that he had received from a source we had both spoken to. What he said a week ago and 2 days before the papers got hold of it was spot on. I promised to keep it quiet and did, and only 24 pages later did I pass a confirmatory comment on it.

I know Arn trusts me, as I have received other info since, which again I wont comment on. Unless it becomes common knowledge.

Spot on. Ive just spoken to Sean (cider head) and of course he is quite right to say such rumours could upset people within the football club.

Sadly, this forum is full of bloody rumours every single day, and nearly all are rubbished.

But moderators are there to do a job. God knows what it would be like if they were not!!!!!!

Spot on. Ive just spoken to Sean (cider head) and of course he is quite right to say such rumours could upset people within the football club.

Sadly, this forum is full of bloody rumours every single day, and nearly all are rubbished.

But moderators are there to do a job. God knows what it would be like if they were not!!!!!!

I fully support the club in almost all it does but this is a difficult one. The club engages its fans when it wants season ticket revenue, club shop sales etc and in general promotes itself very well. But the fans will want to know what is going on, on the in-side be interested in transfers, we are all signed up memebers of Bristol City FC to a lesser or greater degree and take an active interest.

I do agree that certain deals that are in the long term benift for the club could be put in jepordy but to much censorship would not be a good thing. As far as I'm concerned it's about common sense, from people on the inside to keep things quiet and people that do learn inside info to be sensiable as a couple of you have done.

What you throwing your toys out your pram for...?? Why should I take more care after 24 pages of this and over a week, when the deal even in the papers is done...??

I really cant be bothered with some of you admin guys sometimes, you think you are BCFC, and don't really like it when others know more before you. Tough really, in this case there is no fear of it jeopardising the deal.

Archived