IGNORED

Nick Carle Gone To Palace / Replacements

leader

it worries me that Johnson puts so much faith in so-called 'unknowns' who may, or may not, come good when we already have known quality waiting to be nurtured.

It used to worry me too but it doesn't any more because it has worked too many times for it to be luck. Noble, Basso, Fontaine, Sproule, McCombe, Carle, Elliott - I could go on - were all players none of us had heard of.

Although some of these players are unknown to us they're not necessarily unknown to GJ or PJ, some they've worked with before, some they've watched for a long time (2 years in Elliott's case I believe).

You say Carle is known quality but actually all we've seen from him are half a dozen good performances and another dozen easily missable ones out of position, the manager has seen more because he's there for training and sees some of what happens off the pitch.

If GJ thinks it's good business and we're getting significantly more than we paid then I'm inclined to agree. Even if it's as simple as Carle not fitting in, that's something that is easy to underestimate the importance of from outside. I'm disappointed to lose a player with his skill but I am confident that it has been done for positive reasons and that we will be stronger for it by the time the season starts.

My only concerns with our activities in the transfer market are that we haven't yet signed a quality striker and that we don't seem to have much lined up at the start of the January window when other clubs do. There are decent reasons for both though, good strikers are expensive and hard to find and the manager probably wants to concentrate wholly on the first team in December.

You say Carle is known quality but actually all we've seen from him are half a dozen good performances and another dozen easily missable ones out of position, the manager has seen more because he's there for training and sees some of what happens off the pitch.

If GJ thinks it's good business and we're getting significantly more than we paid then I'm inclined to agree...

It's not just what we've seen, it's the fact that he is an International, we paid £500k (allegedly) for him, offered him a 3.5 year deal, and Palace are willing to take a risk on a 4-year deal. For me, that implies quality.

I'm willing to trust Johnson's judgement for the moment, but not implicitly, with blind faith or unending loyalty. I think the real story remains to be discovered.

Again, the bottom line is that we have lost quality that needs to be replaced.

With regard to him not being wanted, Enoch returned and even managed to get games.

Carle should have forced his way into the reckoning.

Either way, what does this say for Johnsons ability to spot talent, out the door in 6 months, bizarre!

Spotting talent I would imagine is the easy bit.

Seeing someone's fitness over 6 months, and the fact that he didn't really turn games for us probably made this an easy decision for the club to accept an offer that doubled what we paid for him.

Sounds like Williams was lined up to come in January, then got injured. GJ knows him well, will know how he trains, looks after himself etc, and has got money in to go after 2 strikers (that we're crying out for) and maybe another player or two.

Don't think this has got anything to do with an inibility to spot talent. Just sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Really shone for me in the last few games IMO

Can't see why we would of sold him so quickly and to palace of all teams

Must be some devious plan in the head of Mr Gj thus letting him leave to such a rival club

Big name signing may be coming up ? In place of Nick ?

We'll see soon

:englandsmile4wf:

:noexpression:

I really hope your not being sincere!

Now I'm intrigued. You see lots of people of this thread have stated time and time again that Carle was a 'quality' player.

Just so I can take an objective view on this could you please tell me how Carle improved the side when he joined, you know what attributes did he / does he possess that make him the player that many on here believe we cannot do without?

Our form dipped upon his arrive and sadly I am not convinved that was a mere coincedence. He had a couple of good games and that is being very generous. He didn't influence games and certainly never looked like a match winner. He is no loss to our team and quite frankly no where as a good a player as Johnson, Noble, Skuse, Elliot and now Williams.

I reiterate, great business. I'm just glad GJ see's it the way I do, took a risk bringing him in, quickly saw that he added nothing so got rid as quickly as possible.

Now I'm intrigued. You see lots of people of this thread have stated time and time again that Carle was a 'quality' player.

Just so I can take an objective view on this could you please tell me how Carle improved the side when he joined, you know what attributes did he / does he possess that make him the player that many on here believe we cannot do without?

Our form dipped upon his arrive and sadly I am not convinved that was a mere coincedence. He had a couple of good games and that is being very generous. He didn't influence games and certainly never looked like a match winner. He is no loss to our team and quite frankly no where as a good a player as Johnson, Noble, Skuse, Elliot and now Williams.

I reiterate, great business. I'm just glad GJ see's it the way I do, took a risk bringing him in, quickly saw that he added nothing so got rid as quickly as possible.

Skill,Flair,Strength,Aerial abilty ???

None of those players u selected have all of those in 1 and you need that in a CM

Will be a loss of course

Skill,Flair,Strength,Aerial abilty ???

None of those players u selected have all of those in 1 and you need that in a CM

Will be a loss of course

A couple of drag backs and few Cruyff turns, all of which usually took place deep in his own half, and all of a sudden he possess Skill and Flair. Do me a favour, I've seen better players in the Downs league!

Your right, he was a real handful at set plays, that arieal threat was always a real worry for opposition defenders. As for Elliot waste of space, didn't see him win a header, let alone score a goal with a header all season..........

I rest my case, great business, good ridence!

A couple of drag backs and few Cruyff turns, all of which usually took place deep in his own half, and all of a sudden he possess Skill and Flair. Do me a favour, I've seen better players in the Downs league!

Your right, he was a real handful at set plays, that arieal threat was always a real worry for opposition defenders. As for Elliot waste of space, didn't see him win a header, let alone score a goal with a header all season..........

were u at cardiff?

Can I just ask which of the following games did you attend:

Sheffield United away

Preston home

Crystal Palace play off away

Crystal Palace play off home

Hull play off final

These are the last 5 games of the season, the only 5 games when Carle played centre midfield by the way.

Thats funny, cos i seem to remember that when he got match fit and was played in his proper position that our form rocketted and played some of the best football of the season plus started to score goals freely.

I hate all the people on here acting like babies, " he doesn't play for us anymore so i'm going to have a paddy"

Newsflash, Carle didn't storm out he was sold! When he realised he wasn't wanted he signed for someone else. Get over it! Players will leave clubs to come to us for various reasons. Doesn't make them traitors, or suddenly shit! Grow up!

I would rather lose NC than some players we have, but i'm not going to start a hate campaign. I'm going to wish him good luck, as long as we beat Palace twice and finish above them.

were u at cardiff?

aha you're funny

You know you're wrong

Elliott scored a header against them at home maybe ? :disapointed2se:

Did he score a header against Brentford and Coventry too?

Redhope - you didnt need much bait on that one mate... Hook line and sinker.

:rofl2br:

Pete, bcfctimes - he was being a tad sarcastic about Elliott - yet you both fell for it. :disapointed2se:

what a load of fuss. whatever we think about carle, GJ obviously wasnt totally convinced and as managers have plenty of conversations about players and GJ appears to get on very well with colin off the pitch, the subject of carle appears to of come up and colin was prepared (or tango man which ever you like) to pay a price for carle that GJ obviously thought he could better use elsewhere on the team.

I'm sure GJ wishes carle all the best. carle obviously when he heard we wanted to sell wasnt going to fight to stay, why should he?? and has probably been rewarded financially for the switch and all parties are happy.

football is a business and decisions like this are made all the time. GJ makes decisions for the good of BCFC and whilst he may not get it right every single time he hasnt been wrong that often which is borne out by the fact we have gone from the bottom of L1 to 4th in the championship in under 3 years!!! for gods sake lets move on :disapointed2se:

what a load of fuss. whatever we think about carle, GJ obviously wasnt totally convinced and as managers have plenty of conversations about players and GJ appears to get on very well with colin off the pitch, the subject of carle appears to of come up and colin was prepared (or tango man which ever you like) to pay a price for carle that GJ obviously thought he could better use elsewhere on the team.

I'm sure GJ wishes carle all the best. carle obviously when he heard we wanted to sell wasnt going to fight to stay, why should he?? and has probably been rewarded financially for the switch and all parties are happy.

football is a business and decisions like this are made all the time. GJ makes decisions for the good of BCFC and whilst he may not get it right every single time he hasnt been wrong that often which is borne out by the fact we have gone from the bottom of L1 to 4th in the championship in under 3 years!!! for gods sake lets move on :disapointed2se:

Hear bloody hear.

Can we start to look forward again now to what might happen instead of what has happened?????

Well said that man.....MOD's - can we have this thread deleted or locked now ?....its just getting boring !!

Archived