IGNORED

Nick Carle Gone To Palace / Replacements

leader

Carle actually started 14 games, starting all bar his last 5 appearances in a wide position at that.

Is that a mistake by City, or is someone trying to distort the facts to suit how they want to portray Carle's time with us?

It's just stating a fact surely?

The web site editor is hardly going to come out and say ' Carle played 20 games for City and was ####### brilliant in all of them'. Which he wasn't by the way

''Neil Warnock - he sounds like a real winner''

No Nick, the words to that song as a bit different...

Not happy with the lad, he chose to go to Palace by signing for them.

Bloody jellyfish, wont get applause from me next season.

It's just stating a fact surely?

The web site editor is hardly going to come out and say ' Carle played 20 games for City and was ####### brilliant in all of them'. Which he wasn't by the way

It states a fact incorrectly is my point, which I thought was quite clear. He started 14 games, the website says he made 20 appearances.

May be a mistake, but difficult to get it so wrong IMO.

Having watched every game he played in, I agree he wasnt't brilliant in all of them - just the 5 when he played in what was clearly his best position - centre midfield.

Neil Warnock clearly agrees, and no matter what anyone thinks about him, he knows a decent footballer.

Then again, so does GJ, who after all signed him in the first place less than 7 months ago, so there is more to this than has been told officially.

He made 20 appearances.

17 starts (including 3 playoff games) and 3 subs.

Who gives a s h it.....he's gone, he wanted to go, and to a "massive" club! Haven't we give this guy enough pages of discussion??

Why would you clap him next season?? Was here, what six months, never scored....hardly iconic :disapointed2se:

''Neil Warnock - he sounds like a real winner''

No Nick, the words to that song as a bit different...

Not happy with the lad, he chose to go to Palace by signing for them.

Bloody jellyfish, wont get applause from me next season.

In fairness, if he knows we have accepted a bid for him, then he cant be valued that highly to the extent where GJ is desparate for him to stay, what was he supposed to do, end up frozen out like enoch with a couple of years left on his contract? There isnt any equivalent in normal occupations, but if in your job your boss tells you that you can go and someone else wants you and will pay you more, would you really stay?

On the other hand if carle got tapped up and his agent convinced him to go, that thats a different story but it seems unlikely when he has only just got here.

My view remains that when he actually signed and played under him for 6 months, GJ doesnt feel he fits the criteria of a goalscoring midfielder that he was actually looking for, so took the offer meaning a tidy profit, and will use the funds elsewhere for an area of the team that the money could be better spent on.

Si.

If you read the post, I was responding to someone else (NickJ) who stated that the club were wrong to state what they did.

I was correcting him - it is him that is wrong, not the club.

I'm not bothered that he's gone, I would have liked to see him with a pre-season under his belt, but it isn't to be.

I wasn't having a go at you Cynic, just how this thread has went on and on. My god, imagine if we were losing someone important i.e. Elliot, basso or even GJ!! This forum would be in meltdown :innocent06:

Carle actually started 14 games, starting all bar his last 5 appearances in a wide position at that.

Is that a mistake by City, or is someone trying to distort the facts to suit how they want to portray Carle's time with us?

I believe the City player profiles has Carle down for 17 starts and no goals. The news item goes on to quote GJ as wanting more goals from midfield and his decisions are for the good of the club.

For a comparison Elliot had 50 starts for 5 goals, Noble had 20 starts for 3 goals and LJ 41 starts for just 1 goal.

For me the end of season midfield of Noble, Carle, Elliot and McIndoe offerred more going forward, gave us better possession, created good chances [ we needed a right footer ] and took the heat off our back four who had been worked to death to keep us in the competition.

Good luck Nick, and better quality power shooting would have your value way more than a million.

As an appendage to signings in general, If we get a new quality striker, I can see Trundle spending a lot of time on the bench. He was good in patches last season, but for power, ball winning and goals per games played, Adebole was much better value.

Nicky left because BC were prepared to sell him. He didn't ask to go.

He has affection for the club and supporters so doesn't deserve to be booed.

What was he supposed to do when GJ made it clear he wasn't wanted?

Who said he was going to be booed?

When did GJ make it clear he wasn't wanted? If a player wants to leave our club, why try and keep him?

He made 20 appearances.

17 starts (including 3 playoff games) and 3 subs.

Yes.

I took my figures from the Statistics section on the official website, which shows total of 14 appearances plus 3 as sub. Didnt realise that didnt include play off games. Maybe it should.

My view remains that when he actually signed and played under him for 6 months, GJ doesnt feel he fits the criteria of a goalscoring midfielder that he was actually looking for, so took the offer meaning a tidy profit, and will use the funds elsewhere for an area of the team that the money could be better spent on.

Si.

Although there probably is more to this than we know - I think there is truth in what you say, and, even if its the not the primary reason for NC going, we will benefit from freeing up one of the midfield berths to a player with more decisive end-product. Plus, the deal hopefully included the transfer of NC's forum groupies :fingerscrossed:

I believe the City player profiles has Carle down for 17 starts and no goals. The news item goes on to quote GJ as wanting more goals from midfield and his decisions are for the good of the club.

For a comparison Elliot had 50 starts for 5 goals, Noble had 20 starts for 3 goals and LJ 41 starts for just 1 goal.

For me the end of season midfield of Noble, Carle, Elliot and McIndoe offerred more going forward, gave us better possession, created good chances [ we needed a right footer ] and took the heat off our back four who had been worked to death to keep us in the competition.

Good luck Nick, and better quality power shooting would have your value way more than a million.

As an appendage to signings in general, If we get a new quality striker, I can see Trundle spending a lot of time on the bench. He was good in patches last season, but for power, ball winning and goals per games played, Adebole was much better value.

The stats section on the official website (where I took my figure from) has him down as 14 starts, but apparently that doesnt include play offs.

Either way, I personally think that in the last 5 games, when we saw him in what was obviously his favoured position, we saw what a great player he is.

Totally agree with your analysis of our best midfield.

I also think if he plays in a central position for Palace, he will create and score a lot of goals.

There is obviously more to this, however Johnson has proved before that offloading players popular with a section of the fans hasnt been to the detriment of progress. Based on that track record you have to trust him to get it right again.

Frankly I was much more disappointed when Stewart left - but in hindsight was wrong to be given how we have progressed since - Carle was good in patches but GJ clearly feels the cash he has gained is more useful than retaining Carle and I don't doubt him.

Still have to say I'm extremely disappointed with losing Carle, and especially to a rival team in the league. What irony if Carle is the principle force behind one or two league defeats against Palace?

Which ever way you look at it and for whatever reason he's gone, we've lost one of our top players. He was easily one of the top ten players at the club and we've lost him. He was one of the few internationals we had at the club.

That not only speaks volumes about the club's ambitions, but also the club's reputation for getting and holding on to players of good quality.

This also affects the club's ability to attract good players. Why should any player we're after come here when they know that Johnson is just as likely to turn around and sell him on if his face doesn't fit?

Gutted - not because it's Carle but because we've lost quality and we haven't replaced it - yet.

Still have to say I'm extremely disappointed with losing Carle, and especially to a rival team in the league. What irony if Carle is the principle force behind one or two league defeats against Palace?

Which ever way you look at it and for whatever reason he's gone, we've lost one of our top players. He was easily one of the top ten players at the club and we've lost him. He was one of the few internationals we had at the club.

That not only speaks volumes about the club's ambitions, but also the club's reputation for getting and holding on to players of good quality.

This also affects the club's ability to attract good players. Why should any player we're after come here when they know that Johnson is just as likely to turn around and sell him on if his face doesn't fit?

Gutted - not because it's Carle but because we've lost quality and we haven't replaced it - yet.

We will attract players on the positive media GJ has gained this season, and from the players comments on how great the atmosphere is within the club. No-one other than GJ and NC will know the real reasons for his departure.

If you are willing to give GJ, and the club 100% and the respect they deserve, you will do well out of it. If you don't, it's ADIOS

Why would any player go to Man Utd for the same reason?

Kanchelskis, Ince, Hughes, Beckham (off the top of my head) - all sold against the wishes of the fans because Alex Ferguson had decided he no longer wanted them at the club.

They still seem to attract decent players though.

With regard to him not being wanted, Enoch returned and even managed to get games.

Carle should have forced his way into the reckoning.

Either way, what does this say for Johnsons ability to spot talent, out the door in 6 months, bizarre!

Why would any player go to Man Utd for the same reason?

Kanchelskis, Ince, Hughes, Beckham (off the top of my head) - all sold against the wishes of the fans because Alex Ferguson had decided he no longer wanted them at the club.

They still seem to attract decent players though.

Chalk and cheese.

All those players had great careers at MU before Ferguson decided it was time to move them on and bring in younger players - natural progression.

Chalk and cheese.

All those players had great careers at MU before Ferguson decided it was time to move them on and bring in younger players - natural progression.

I agreee to an extent. Although Ince was replaced by Nicky Butt, which was met with uproar at the time by Man U fans.

But the point remains that Ferguson doesn't think twice about moving a player on when he decides he's better off without him and an acceptable offer comes in.

Juan Sebastian Veron lasted barely two years before he was moved on, and only made 50 or so appearances, for a huge loss. Mark Bosnich and Massimo Taibi suffered similar fates.

If your face doesn't fit, Ferguson doesn't think twice about shifting you on and it seems to work well for him.

I agreee to an extent. Although Ince was replaced by Nicky Butt, which was met with uproar at the time by Man U fans.

But the point remains that Ferguson doesn't think twice about moving a player on when he decides he's better off without him and an acceptable offer comes in.

Juan Sebastian Veron lasted barely two years before he was moved on, and only made 50 or so appearances, for a huge loss. Mark Bosnich and Massimo Taibi suffered similar fates.

If your face doesn't fit, Ferguson doesn't think twice about shifting you on and it seems to work well for him.

Sure, it happens. But after less than 6 months and one of your top players? Even Veron, who was a misfit in the MU setup, managed 2 years.

Besides, my point was not so much that Carle was moved on after such a short time, but the fact that we have lost quality from the squad and so far, on paper, have not replaced it.

Williams may well turn out to be another Elliott waiting in the wings and I don't want to judge him yet, but it worries me that Johnson puts so much faith in so-called 'unknowns' who may, or may not, come good when we already have known quality waiting to be nurtured.

Archived