IGNORED

Mifsud By What Time Today ?

redrebel

These links to reports are just the thing from the Sun recycled and that was written before SL's statement yesterday so I remain hopeful.

I hope your right Nibor, I'm starting to look forward to this guy now after missing out on Meteb.

I cant handle this all over again....

Because we are one of the 'smaller' clubs in the division and have no history of being in the prem.

Very true but didn't GJ & SL say that promotion from CCL1 would help us sign/KEEP better players, now who was being naive there?.

BCAGFC

You really have to ask yourself why BCFC have so much trouble signing players, a lot of other clubs don't. BCAGFC
You don't have to ask yourself that. Mateab went against his word. If Palace spoke to Mifsud yesterday or today and said 'we'll give you £1000 more a week than what City have offered you . . . .' Doesnt take a genius and neither potential transfer has or would collapse by our fault.

Its not looking good people!!!!

Palace hope to hold talks later this week.

So whatever it seems nothing is going to happen today, and we are going to have to wait even longer for a striker...... :ranting::argh::grr::grr:

We know two things are dodgy about that report. The fee isn't £1.5m, it's nearer half that, and that terms haven't been agreed. So unless Steve L's telling porkies then this paper is spinning a yarn. The fact there's no quotes in this backs up that it's most probably b***ocks.

Where's Yessir or the official SMS when you need one :ranting:

EDIT: One thing's for sure, if this falls through now we have to go back to Crewe about Maynard. This is getting desparate.

Because we are one of the 'smaller' clubs in the division and have no history of being in the prem.

I think it has more to do with not getting out thumb out of arse and getting the players we need early and also something to do with us always trying to shave money off.Although this makes good business sense sometimes you just have to pay the rate for the players you really need.And a fox in the box goalscorer is essential if we are to have a good season or struggle in the bottom end.

We know two things are dodgy about that report. The fee isn't £1.5m, it's nearer half that, and that terms haven't been agreed. So unless Steve L's telling porkies then this paper is spinning a yarn. The fact there's no quotes in this backs up that it's most probably b***ocks.

Where's Yessir or the official SMS when you need one :ranting:

True but after what SL said yesterday i was expecting this all done and dusted by lunch time today!!!

I guess we will just have to wait!!! But this is not good for my health!!! Last couple of weeks ive been on this forum more than ive worked!!! :noexpression:

I think it has more to do with not getting out thumb out of arse and getting the players we need early and also something to do with us always trying to shave money off.Although this makes good business sense sometimes you just have to pay the rate for the players you really need.And a fox in the box goalscorer is essential if we are to have a good season or struggle in the bottom end.

Nope, don't buy that. Metaeb was top target and that took a couple of months and there are probabaly targets we're unaware of. I don't understand why we have to buy a player QUICKLY, just to appease fans?

Nope, don't buy that. Metaeb was top target and that took a couple of months and there are probabaly targets we're unaware of. I don't understand why we have to buy a player QUICKLY, just to appease fans?

I think it's got more to do with the fact we've been caught with our heads in the sand and got nobody in with 12 days til the season's curtain raiser. Wouldn't surprise me if GJ's panicing a touch now after putting all his eggs in one big Egyptian basket...

You are missing my point.I am not suggesting we sign a player quickly to appease fans it is to steal a march on the opposition i.e to prevent dross like Warnock who obviously needs the same sort of player as we do , coming in at this stage and gazumping us.This now appears to be more and more likely.If this is the case what chance have we got at this stage of bringing a similar quality player with two weeks to go before we kick off.If you leave things too late you have no chance to sort them out if something goes wrong.

I doubt that £9k a week would be beyond our budget for a player of Mifsud's quality at a cut price transfer fee.

Any £1m ish striker is going to want wages like that at this level.

1.5 mill and 15k for Meteb wasn't it? See no reason why we wouldn't pay 9k for a roughly million pound striker.

Anyway we've agreed all that, it's whether he wants to join us or not now.

You are missing my point.I am not suggesting we sign a player quickly to appease fans it is to steal a march on the opposition i.e to prevent dross like Warnock who obviously needs the same sort of player as we do , coming in at this stage and gazumping us.This now appears to be more and more likely.If this is the case what chance have we got at this stage of bringing a similar quality player with two weeks to go before we kick off.If you leave things too late you have no chance to sort them out if something goes wrong.

Given the choice I'm sure GJ would have wrapped up all the signings before the end of May.

It's not his choice or our club's - they were working on transfers from pretty much the day after the playoff final and in Pete Johnson's case long before that.

Players and agents wait until later in the pre season and sometimes well into August to see if they can get a better deal - why on earth would they rush to sign one before that?

9k per week is probably about the going rate for a good/average international/championship STRIKER, if you want a cheap striker then Drew Broughton is available, BCFC need to get real if they really want to take the next step.

LT is reportedly on 10k per week (can't see it myself as we would have no problem paying what Mifsud wants if he is).

BCAGFC

Just been told that he has spoken to Palace this morning and has been offered a deal. Coventry have accepted both City's and Palace's deals so its just down to the player as to which club he puts pen to paper for.

Sadly though, its looking like its going to be Palace.

If this Mifsud deal falls through too, then I would quite happily say that this close season has been a shambles.

Given the choice I'm sure GJ would have wrapped up all the signings before the end of May.

It's not his choice or our club's - they were working on transfers from pretty much the day after the playoff final and in Pete Johnson's case long before that.

Players and agents wait until later in the pre season and sometimes well into August to see if they can get a better deal - why on earth would they rush to sign one before that?

Then why isn't this the case with other clubs in our division they don't have to wait until 12 days before the season to sign players they want.And how can PJ have been working for so long on transfers with no end product?

Just been told that he has spoken to Palace this morning and has been offered a deal. Coventry have accepted both City's and Palace's deals so its just down to the player as to which club he puts pen to paper for.

Sadly though, its looking like its going to be Palace.

If this Mifsud deal falls through too, then I would quite happily say that this close season has been a shambles.

Don't forget we still have the foreign player coming from the 'Land Of Make Believe'.

BCAGFC

Then why isn't this the case with other clubs in our division they don't have to wait until 12 days before the season to sign players they want.And how can PJ have been working for so long on transfers with no end product?

Which players would you have wanted to sign?

There are only half a dozen players moved to Championship clubs so far that I'd have been interested in and every single one went to clubs with far deeper pockets than ours.

I think you'll see that the better players will move in the next couple of weeks.

Would you like a list of everything that can go wrong with a transfer?

Some deals are simple, some are not. Williams went through because the club we bought him off didn't want him and the player wanted to come here and had no other options. We didn't want Carle, Palace did, hence quick deal.

Grief, not every deal is that straight forward.

What worries me is that the source of the Palace interest is The Sun. The Sun is the agent's paper of choice for leaking stories to help their negotiations with players. I know we all scoff at the reliability of the red tops, but if it's in The Sun, it's often because the player's agent has made a call.

I think his agent has so far played this well. There was only so long we could stall an announcement on Meteb and the outcome is that Mifsud's hand has been strengthened. Getting Palace involved means there's pressure on us to make a decision quickly. However, I hope his agent knows it's brinkmanship and that as GJ has shown with Meteb and Jermaine Easter before him - unless you show you really want to join you can't come.

Archived