IGNORED

Mifsud By What Time Today ?

redrebel

Are you being serious about not caring less about reaching the prem? I mean seriously?

Absolutely. Why is it the be all and end all? It is a corrupt organisation that sooner or later will implode. What matters to me is the survival of real football clubs like ours not the franchises and playthings of rich crooks. I for one would not welcome a fascist far east dicttator just because he brings riches. Give me genuine people like Gary and Steve and the players I had the pleasure to meet yesterday any day, with whom yopu can have a sense of belonging. As Steve said the club is part of the community. Is that true of Chelsea? I think not. English football is historically a social phenomenon, not a business one. Long may that last.

Absolutely. Why is it the be all and end all? It is a corrupt organisation that sooner or later will implode. What matters to me is the survival of real football clubs like ours not the franchises and playthings of rich crooks. I for one would not welcome a fascist far east dicttator just because he brings riches. Give me genuine people like Gary and Steve and the players I had the pleasure to meet yesterday any day, with whom yopu can have a sense of belonging. As Steve said the club is part of the community. Is that true of Chelsea? I think not. English football is historically a social phenomenon, not a business one. Long may that last.

I agree however you keep metioning Chelsea, not every club in the prem is like them there are a lot of geniune clubs wigan sunderland boro newcastle etc etc.

Saying you don't want to reach the prem is ridiculus IMO we might aswell not strengthen beacuse heaven forbid we might go up!

But on that Basis...why has Steve Lansdown been quoted in the press as being desperate for Premier league football? Simply becuase staying still is a recipe for disaster.

There constant quotes from the maanger and the players throughout the season to that effect.."aim for the top and the reality might be half way" ....."aim to stand still and you may get relegated". And it is that sentiment that has got one or two on here a bit twichy.

From the interview GJ gave when he 'signed' Meteab it was clear he was top of the list. As we got 99% of the way to signing him it is very difficult to question putting other bids on hold until that deal was concluded. If we'd gone and got any two quick signings a week after Wembley we would not have money in the bank or room in the squad for the players GJ really wants. Why would we want to do that?

With regards to Meteab signing which was all but done, in hindsight City should have given permission for him to play in his farewell game. IF he got injured then fair enough, but he should be at City now if he was GJ number 1 target.

If the other signings were lined up at the end of the season , then signed or otherwise, we would not be on this forum with fingers crossed.

As for leaving it late, Trundle was a last minute buy only because other clubs were afraid to touch him. He has not set the world on fire YET :fingerscrossed: But this will be his last season if he does not score more goals. IMO.

We should be ready for the next push for the season coming.

I am enjoying the ride and i don't want it to stop.

I agree however you keep metioning Chelsea, not every club in the prem is like them there are a lot of geniune clubs wigan sunderland boro newcastle etc etc.

Saying you don't want to reach the prem is ridiculus IMO we might aswell not strengthen beacuse heaven forbid we might go up!

I am saying the Prem is not as important as the survival of the club. We could go into massive debt to pay higher wages but it is not worth the risk. Wigan and Boro I will concede could be in our sights. Our potential support is in the Wigan to Boro range, we will never have the crowds Sunderland can get I think. Steve made it clear he saw no point in catering for more than 30,000 as he did not think we would fill it. He also compared the Championship to the old First Divsion and was spot on again I reckon. Newcastle have delusions of grandeur and an owner whose commitment is open to question already (ask Keegan how much he can spend compared to Roy Keane). It is obvious we are finding it hard to get the "exciting signings" we want to get to the next level (though that might still happen) in part for financial reasons. It is hard to see how we can get there until we have a stadium big enough to bring in the revenue to pay the necessary wages. We have a fantastic manager who performs miracles but without the resources to compete financially sooner or later even his powers are limited. Personally if I get the level of excitement and entertainment I got last season from a group of utterly committed players who are not money obsessed that's fine by me. Any more is a bonus.

Well, the longer we all stare at our monitors waiting for the golden "official sms thread", the more I get the terrible feeling that we've been gazumped.

I think if we are all honest with ourselves, Mifsud will not be joining us now and it is only a matter of time before he is paraded as a Crystal Palace player.

Nevertheless, I don't think its a completely bad thing that neither Meteb or Mifsud wont be coming here after all. What I do question though is BCFC's management of these transfers and negotiations, and whether we are going after the right type of player for the club. To me it seems as all these players see themselves as bigger than the football club and think they can play silly buggers with our club and the transfer madness this time of the year.

Take Meteb for example, you cant honestly say he didnt know that GJ wouldnt of wanted him to play in that game. And, as for Mifsud, well... he thought he had a job for 3 years sorted when another club comes in and offers probably similiar money but with at higher profile football club. Nick carle was the same, and when we didnt get to the Prem he thought he was too good for BCFC and buggered off.

Well, I say **** them, but also at the same time question why we as a club have now changed our transfer strategy from developing less known players with potential, to bigger name players who are only after what will suit their wallets better. And worse still, trying to buy strikers for the sake of it because one deal falls through.

I think if we are all honest with ourselves, Mifsud will not be joining us now and it is only a matter of time before he is paraded as a Crystal Palace player.

Nevertheless, I don't think its a completely bad thing that neither Meteb or Mifsud wont be coming here after all. What I do question though is BCFC's management of these transfers and negotiations, and whether we are going after the right type of player for the club. To me it seems as all these players see themselves as bigger than the football club and think they can play silly buggers with our club and the transfer madness this time of the year.

Take Meteb for example, you cant honestly say he didnt know that GJ wouldnt of wanted him to play in that game. And, as for Mifsud, well... he thought he had a job for 3 years sorted when another club comes in and offers probably similiar money but with at higher profile football club. Nick carle was the same, and when we didnt get to the Prem he thought he was too good for BCFC and buggered off.

Well, I say **** them, but also at the same time question why we as a club have now changed our transfer strategy from developing less known players with potential, to bigger name players who are only after what will suit their wallets better. And worse still, trying to buy strikers for the sake of it because one deal falls through.

yeah i agree with this and although i still want to see mifsud here, i only want him to come if he really wants to play for us, not just cos we were his only viable option

Apologies if this has been said earlier in this thread....

But is it not possible that he has signed, but they are saving the release of the details so they can do a double release with this new fella?

maybe the progress of the secret striker (janko ?) stepped up today and they want to launch our new strike force together maybe tomorrow?

just a thought?

G

Apologies if this has been said earlier in this thread....

But is it not possible that he has signed, but they are saving the release of the details so they can do a double release with this new fella?

maybe the progress of the secret striker (janko ?) stepped up today and they want to launch our new strike force together maybe tomorrow?

just a thought?

G

Don't apologise for providing a different angle and a quite viable reason for why he hasn't appeared yet! I think there is every possibilty that the deal was concluded to late for it to appear on the OS today (not many stories appear after 5ish, do they?) and therefore they will either wait till tomorrow or wait until the other signing is ready to be unveiled and do them both together as you suggested.

It's to easy to assume that it's all gone pear shaped and he has buggered off to Palace but, call me a happy clapper why don't you, i'm still positive he's signed.

I'm a bit confused by the Palace link, didn't Clinton Morrison leave cos Warnock told him they were going to opperate a 433 formation which required a big target man and two wingers? Morrison was neither of these so decided to go elsewhere.

Correct me if i'm wrong but Mifsud is anything but a target man and has stated that he doesn't want to be played out wide???

With regards to Meteab signing which was all but done, in hindsight City should have given permission for him to play in his farewell game. IF he got injured then fair enough, but he should be at City now if he was GJ number 1 target.

... erm, sure others have pointed this out, but isnt the whole point that Meteab was an individual who would ignore his new manager's wishes (or be pursuaded to ignore them) thus proving himself to be either a gutless or an arrogant little shit who doesnt deserve to sit in our dressing room? In that respect, i'm delighted he did play. Getting the right player GJ has proved is as much about character as it is ability. See overpaid/overpriced wastes of space like Peacock, Thorpe, Dinning, etc for past proof.

I am saying the Prem is not as important as the survival of the club. We could go into massive debt to pay higher wages but it is not worth the risk. Wigan and Boro I will concede could be in our sights. Our potential support is in the Wigan to Boro range, we will never have the crowds Sunderland can get I think. Steve made it clear he saw no point in catering for more than 30,000 as he did not think we would fill it. He also compared the Championship to the old First Divsion and was spot on again I reckon. Newcastle have delusions of grandeur and an owner whose commitment is open to question already (ask Keegan how much he can spend compared to Roy Keane). It is obvious we are finding it hard to get the "exciting signings" we want to get to the next level (though that might still happen) in part for financial reasons. It is hard to see how we can get there until we have a stadium big enough to bring in the revenue to pay the necessary wages. We have a fantastic manager who performs miracles but without the resources to compete financially sooner or later even his powers are limited. Personally if I get the level of excitement and entertainment I got last season from a group of utterly committed players who are not money obsessed that's fine by me. Any more is a bonus.

How about staying in the Championship , is that on your agenda because our ineptitude in the transfer market this summer will severely threaten our survival.

... erm, sure others have pointed this out, but isnt the whole point that Meteab was an individual who would ignore his new manager's wishes (or be pursuaded to ignore them) thus proving himself to be either a gutless or an arrogant little shit who doesnt deserve to sit in our dressing room? In that respect, i'm delighted he did play. Getting the right player GJ has proved is as much about character as it is ability. See overpaid/overpriced wastes of space like Peacock, Thorpe, Dinning, etc for past proof.

...erm you forgot TRUNDLE

...erm you forgot TRUNDLE

trains hard, works hard on the pitch, didnt come off for him last season but he got better toward the end and was part of a squad that nearly went up.

players i mentioned were from the dark old days when we had the division's highest wage bills, were always pre season favorites, but always stayed down.

i've noticed we're now a completely different club and side, and we're now talking about £3m front lines, and pushing for the Premier League. shame a lot of city fans havent notice that, and still moan and talk the same old b***ocks as they did when we were watching fat boy Thorpe drink his way through £1m in wages, scoring the odd mid-table goal...

trains hard, works hard on the pitch, didnt come off for him last season but he got better toward the end and was part of a squad that nearly went up.

players i mentioned were from the dark old days when we had the division's highest wage bills, were always pre season favorites, but always stayed down.

i've noticed we're now a completely different club and side, and we're now talking about £3m front lines, and pushing for the Premier League. shame a lot of city fans havent notice that, and still moan and talk the same old b***ocks as they did when we were watching fat boy Thorpe drink his way through £1m in wages, scoring the odd mid-table goal...

I think its time you took the misses and a cone around the corner and released some of that anger, you know what I'm talking about sunblest....

No, we pushed for the prem, every other team knows how we played last season and thats not going to change until we have different players on board with different tactics. Hope your right about Trundle but i can see him playing less, he was brought into score goals, unless we can find someone to play along side him to give him that bit extra. Last season the championship was poor. hope I'm wrong but mid table seems more likely.

No, we pushed for the prem, every other team knows how we played last season and thats not going to change until we have different players on board with different tactics. Hope your right about Trundle but i can see him playing less, he was brought into score goals, unless we can find someone to play along side him to give him that bit extra. Last season the championship was poor. hope I'm wrong but mid table seems more likely.

Thats rubbish. I would question other teams coaches/scouts if they didn't realise how we played after ten games last season.

That argument has no substance to it.

Thats rubbish. I would question other teams coaches/scouts if they didn't realise how we played after ten games last season.

That argument has no substance to it.

As with Colchesters first season, or did they ride their luck to.

Archived