IGNORED

Mifsud By What Time Today ?

redrebel

this doesnt look good to me.

he was in bristol this weekend looking around, site seeing, places to live etc... so you would of expected to of stayed in bristol ready to sign first thing this morning. the fact that this hasnt happen would lead you to think something is holding up the deal (palace!).

just look at marcus bent to birmingham after almost signing for cardiff...

Although i am fairly concerned that hes off being corrupted by colin!! He might of already signed but the club want to unvail the other new one at the same time! You never know! after the bournmouth game GJ said early next week not monday!(I know SL did but I'm clutching at straws!!) :pray:

A careless whisper?

Coventry added the news of us agreeing a fee on their official site, City only made it public because they did.

true, I'm over reacting.

but we're all hungry like the wolf for info, so why did steve announce it yesterday?

Question is how far down the list of `preferred players` will we have to go ?

PDG

Publicly..probably 5-7 ish.

Meteb, Tyson, Maynard, Mifsud we've gone for already confirmed. We've put in a bid for someone else... so we're on at least 5. Who knows who we've gone for other than that.

I've 4 names of strikers who are available and i'd welcome. Healy, Riorden, Collins John, Graham. There really are players out there. They might be down the list..but if the list is long and filled with "quality" (feel free to disagree with my choices of quality!) does it matter how far we have to go?

If they "improve the squad" and are reasonably "exciting", then i'll be happy. IF they happen to be 20th on our target list and knock in 15 goals..i won't be thinking about the list.

SL has already said we will NOT match what Crewe want for Maynard.

True

But if time runs out and we still don't have a big name striker on board ready for August 9th, maybe SL will bite the bullet and pay out for him

Or maybe Crewe will lower their valuation if noone comes in for Maynard

Just scenarios...you never know

Publicly..probably 5-7 ish.

Meteb, Tyson, Maynard, Mifsud we've gone for already confirmed. We've put in a bid for someone else... so we're on at least 5. Who knows who we've gone for other than that.

I've 4 names of strikers who are available and i'd welcome. Healy, Riorden, Collins John, Graham. There really are players out there. They might be down the list..but if the list is long and filled with "quality" (feel free to disagree with my choices of quality!) does it matter how far we have to go?

If they "improve the squad" and are reasonably "exciting", then i'll be happy. IF they happen to be 20th on our target list and knock in 15 goals..i won't be thinking about the list.

Yes we seem to be going through 'the list' at an alarming rate.

it's like "say hello, wave goodbye" on an almost daily basis!

If he can't make his mind up he obviously don't wanna be here and that attitude I'lld rather not have him.

<Move on and get someone that wants to play for us, instead of wasting time with big wage charlies who want whats best for their pockets.

Stupid thing to say, like any normal people you have to evaluate any offer made to you, then make the decision that will benefit him and his family most. If that takes time then it takes time.

If the stories are true and Mifsud has agreed to join us and has now reneged then we should dump him as we dumped Meteb for lying to us. It may be time also to admit we have hit a glass ceiling and simply cannot compete on wages with the vast majority of clubs at this level. In which case let's concentrate on survival and hope that one day we either get substantial new investment or actually manage to produce players good enough for this level (Steve hinted strongly yesterday that our current crop weren't good enough). Time to remember we are a small club, marginally ahead of the Blackpools and Doncasters of this world and not in the same financial league as even a Crystal Palace.

Personally I couldn't care less if we never make the Prem. Give me a genuine Manager and group pf players as I witnessed yesterday any time. When Chelsea go out of business because thier crook owner gets bored with his toy we will still be here.

Personally I couldn't care less if we never make the Prem. Give me a genuine Manager and group pf players as I witnessed yesterday any time. When Chelsea go out of business because thier crook owner gets bored with his toy we will still be here.

Sums up this forum nicely :disapointed2se:

If the stories are true and Mifsud has agreed to join us and has now reneged then we should dump him as we dumped Meteb for lying to us. It may be time also to admit we have hit a glass ceiling and simply cannot compete on wages with the vast majority of clubs at this level. In which case let's concentrate on survival and hope that one day we either get substantial new investment or actually manage to produce players good enough for this level (Steve hinted strongly yesterday that our current crop weren't good enough).Time to remember we are a small club, marginally ahead of the Blackpools and Doncasters of this world and not in the same financial league as even a Crystal Palace.

That entite post was full of crap how can SL say are current players arnt good enough when we lost in the playoff final??

chinapig we are al frustrated about the signings but to come out with staments like you just have really is pathetic :disapointed2se:

City do this every season, leave everything to last moment. Other clubs know who there targets are before the end of a season or at least have a list of who could be available.

As soon as we found out what league we were in we should have gone and put an offer in, take it or leave it if you want to play for city sign. Not wait and let the player (s) pick and chose for the biggest offer.

Players should have been signed by now in time for the new season.

Other teams don't use the cloak and dagger system, they go and get the players as long as his his earnings are improving.

We bugger about with signings!

City do this every season, leave everything to last moment. Other clubs know who there targets are before the end of a season or at least have a list of who could be available.

As soon as we found out what league we were in we should have gone and put an offer in, take it or leave it if you want to play for city sign. Not wait and let the player (s) pick and chose for the biggest offer.

Other teams don't use the cloak and dagger system, they go and get the players as long as his his earnings are improving.

We certainly are under pressure, although i think we'll all be dancing in the streets if we do sign up anyone!

Red - last season we didnt leave it until the last minute, and this season we have been unlucky with our targets. Would you prefer we pay clubs and players over the odds just to get them?

if it means we can get some decent signings that can take us to the next level then why not?

If the stories are true and Mifsud has agreed to join us and has now reneged then we should dump him as we dumped Meteb for lying to us. It may be time also to admit we have hit a glass ceiling and simply cannot compete on wages with the vast majority of clubs at this level. In which case let's concentrate on survival and hope that one day we either get substantial new investment or actually manage to produce players good enough for this level (Steve hinted strongly yesterday that our current crop weren't good enough). Time to remember we are a small club, marginally ahead of the Blackpools and Doncasters of this world and not in the same financial league as even a Crystal Palace.

Agreeing personal terms isn't the same as agreeing to join us. He could agree the personal terms with any number of clubs before choosing one and then signing for them. All we have at this stage is that we met his wage demands, which I'm sure Palace will also be able to do. He then has to weigh up the options of where to live, how far he thinks the club itself can go and what role he himself will play at the club - key player or back-up.

That entite post was full of crap how can SL say are current players arnt good enough when we lost in the playoff final??

chinapig we are al frustrated about the signings but to come out with staments like you just have really is pathetic :disapointed2se:

Didn't make myself clear. His point,as I saw it, was that the Academy was doing a good job e.g. in getting us to the later stages of the Youth Cup but young players were not coming through to first team level. He gave the example of Fabregas being in the Arsenal team at 17. Plummer for instance can barely get in the Reserves. In the long term we have to do a lot better at that level in my opinion (no sign for instance of players like Moses at Palace able to step up) as we are unlikely ever to have the money to compete in any other way.

What Steve Lansdown has noticed is, unfortunately, what Ashtonyate noticed years ago and that is the fact that our Academy is simply failing to bring through enough young players of the required ability. When he talks about players not being good enough that is where he is looking - and he is 100% correct.

With these transfer deals I get the feeling we are learning a harsh lesson about the standing of our club from the outside footballing world. Decent players will come here if the money is right - but ONLY if there is nothing better on the table.

From the interview GJ gave when he 'signed' Meteab it was clear he was top of the list. As we got 99% of the way to signing him it is very difficult to question putting other bids on hold until that deal was concluded. If we'd gone and got any two quick signings a week after Wembley we would not have money in the bank or room in the squad for the players GJ really wants. Why would we want to do that?

What Steve Lansdown has noticed is, unfortunately, what Ashtonyate noticed years ago and that is the fact that our Academy is simply failing to bring through enough young players of the required ability. When he talks about players not being good enough that is where he is looking - and he is 100% correct.

With these transfer deals I get the feeling we are learning a harsh lesson about the standing of our club from the outside footballing world. Decent players will come here if the money is right - but ONLY if there is nothing better on the table.

I 100% agree the acdamey is not brining through first team quality, however have a look around at other championship teams not many seem to be producing great amounts of talent either.

Even look at some of the top prem clubs i mean they might bring through the odd one or two decent youngsters like we have (lita cotteril) but on the whole I'm affraid to say young english talent seems to be hard to come by not just at are academy but all over the country.

From the interview GJ gave when he 'signed' Meteab it was clear he was top of the list. As we got 99% of the way to signing him it is very difficult to question putting other bids on hold until that deal was concluded. If we'd gone and got any two quick signings a week after Wembley we would not have money in the bank or room in the squad for the players GJ really wants. Why would we want to do that?

We be lucky to get any talent at this rate looks like Trundle Adebola Brooker next season then :disapointed2se:

hope I'm wronge

I 100% agree the acdamey is not brining through first team quality, however have a look around at other championship teams not many seem to be producing great amounts of talent either.

IMO this is an unwelcome by-product of the financial gap between Premier League and Championship, the competitiveness of the Championship as a division and the playoff system. When a club like ours can be 90 minutes away from a £40m jackpot but still be only 8 wins better off than the team being relegated you can see why not many managers take the time to introduce young players to league football.

The only ones to make it now are those so good nothing was going to stop them. The 50/50 chances are just not being taken.

i got the feeling he will be joining us today cant see why u lot have a complet lack of trust in are manegment to get things done plus why do you all think palace is better than us dident we nock them out of the playoffs :disapointed2se:

We be lucky to get any talent at this rate looks like Trundle Adebola Brooker next season then :disapointed2se:

hope I'm wronge

You don't half contradict yourself sometimes.

Archived