IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday Vs Bristol City

Evy11_BCFC

Makes no sense to have Wilson on the bench if he is not brought on when a defender goes off.

I'd imagine GJ doesn't want to knock his confidence. End of the day, Wednesday night must have been playing on GJ's mind and he chose not to take the risk of a repeat performance. I'm not knocking JW by the way and GJ did say that he was disappointed that JW's fellow defenders didn't help him out more at Ipswich.

I'd imagine GJ doesn't want to knock his confidence. End of the day, Wednesday night must have been playing on GJ's mind and he chose not to take the risk of a repeat performance. I'm not knocking JW by the way and GJ did say that he was disappointed that JW's fellow defenders didn't help him out more at Ipswich.

I wouldn't have thought it would help his confidence much if he's the only defender on the bench and he's not brought on.

Is it me or is this thread, like the first half commentary, ignoring what's actually happening on the pitch. We started with an attacking side away from home, including Williams in the middle, we've made a relatively attacking substitution, deff. not just shutting up shop for a point, we're all over them but seems like a lot of people don't want to acknowledge that as it gets in the way of slagging off our own manager and players....

a rookie out of position is your solution, when you have an option of a RB who has played in a cup final....

you LJ haters clutch at anything!

James Wilson is also a right back! he's played both positions as a youngster and played alot fo his international football in that position.

instead we have taken elliott out of midfield and now have no one in midfield who can tackle.

don't watch it then .....simple really

It's not as simple as that though is it. Because most of us support with our hearts and not our heads (perhaps you don't and therefore don't understand that type of support for your football club). If my support was governed by my head looking at the quality of football and the price paid I would have stopped going months ago. But I'll still be there like everyone else and you'll also see me at Watford, Donny, Reading, Birmingham, Derby and Forest before the seasons out - maybe I'm a mug!!

Is it me or is this thread, like the first half commentary, ignoring what's actually happening on the pitch. We started with an attacking side away from home, including Williams in the middle, we've made a relatively attacking substitution, deff. not just shutting up shop for a point, we're all over them but seems like a lot of people don't want to acknowledge that as it gets in the way of slagging off our own manager and players....

Exactly, it's been a good change so far this 2nd half we've dominated, created chances and SW have now made changes to try and cope, I guess and are now coming back into it.

I wouldn't have thought it would help his confidence much if he's the only defender on the bench and he's not brought on.

yep, don't understand it either.

surely if you have a defender on, who is a centre half/right back you bring him on.......

that said, I wouldn't have been playing a central midfield at right back from the start, when you have a natural right back like Bradley Orr sat in the stand.

everyone can start with their conspiracy theories, my opinion after wednesday night i wouldnt want wilson to come on because i feel his confidence wont be high, if we were at home then maybe a different story. we are playing well and i think it was the best change to do so fair play to GJ

Perhaps not, I still would have been apprehensive if Wilson had come on...we seem to be doing ok at the moment, shame Maynard can't take the chances.

We are playing to central midfielders who can't defend.

When we are defending the shape of the team must look like we are having anorexia I suppose..

James Wilson is also a right back! he's played both positions as a youngster and played alot fo his international football in that position.

instead we have taken elliott out of midfield and now have no one in midfield who can tackle.

3 man midfield is making up for the lack of phyisical presence by the sound of it.

a rookie out of position is your solution, when you have an option of a RB who has played in a cup final....

you LJ haters clutch at anything!

two questions.

1. why have wilson on the bench as the only defender (who played a lot of football at rite back) at all?

2. hows a rookie supposed to get experince without playing?

everyone can start with their conspiracy theories, my opinion after wednesday night i wouldnt want wilson to come on because i feel his confidence wont be high, if we were at home then maybe a different story. we are playing well and i think it was the best change to do so fair play to GJ

what and McCombe and Fontaine's confidence would have been?

to be honest, Wilson wasn't to blame for any of the goals........

Trundle and Noble coming on.......get 9mins each! Great Gary........possibly a bit late though, perhaps if they got given 20mins or so they would have a realistic chance of turning the game around, instead they will get judged solely on 9mins and no doubt get dropped regardless if they even scored a hat-trick each

In reference to Maynard, Ebanks-Blake, scored 10 goals in his first season in the Championship, I believe 5 of which came in the last 6 games of the season. He started nearly every game. so 10 in more or less 40 games. Look what he is doing now, if Maynard can get 10-15 by May, and kick on like Ebanks-Blake, I'd be happy with that.

3 man midfield is making up for the lack of phyisical presence by the sound of it.

simple question, who would you rather have in midfield?

Elliott or Johnson?

Elliott for me every single time, he can actually tackle and he's probably equally creative in that he actually passes forward

In reference to Maynard, Ebanks-Blake, scored 10 goals in his first season in the Championship, I believe 5 of which came in the lst 6 games of the season, he started nearly every game. Look what he is doing now, if Maynard can get 10-15 by May, and kick on the Ebanks-Blake, I'd be happy with that.

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived