IGNORED

Not Had Squad Rotation Before.

Robbored

I have critised many of his predecessors at times but also praised them when imo it was warrented. What I post on here about our current manager is pretty much the same sort of stuff I would have posted about previous managers.

Can you remind me of the 'same sort of stuff' that you posted about Brian Tinnion, because I can't easily recall any, despite the lack of success he had as Johnsons predecessor.

Can you remind me of the 'same sort of stuff' that you posted about Brian Tinnion, because I can't easily recall any, despite the lack of success he had as Johnsons predecessor.

Blimey you're going back about 3 years. I do vaguely remember saying at the time that Tinnion was too close to the players having recently been a player himself. That he was too inexperienced and agreed with Richieb at the time that he was a cheap option. I don't recall being too harsh on him because I thought that he was thrown in at the deep end and given a job that he wasn't ready for. I kinda felt sorry for the guy.

I do remember critising Wilson. His undying loyalty to Lee Peacock who played whether he was 100% fit or not. His mysterious substitutions and strange team selections from time to time. His refusal to play youth, Lita in particular.

The bottom line is that all managers get stick even Sir Alex and Benitez - 1st and 2nd in the PL last season.

Blimey you're going back about 3 years. I do vaguely remember saying at the time that Tinnion was too close to the players having recently been a player himself. That he was too inexperienced and agreed with Richieb at the time that he was a cheap option. I don't recall being too harsh on him because I thought that he was thrown in at the deep end and given a job that he wasn't ready for. I kinda felt sorry for the guy.

You old softy :violin:

• Admin
Just listened to it at it seems that we only have 'rotation' when City have games sat,tues, sat. Thats cleared that up then.

If players do well then they will stay in the team and as City did well last week and Hartley didn't play looks as if he won't start tomorrow.

I hope that City win tomorrow because if they draw or lose without a fit and available Hartley, Johnson will be in for some serious critism.

Really? I just hope City win because they're my team and I hope for it every time they play.

Just listened to it at it seems that we only have 'rotation' when City have games sat,tues, sat. Thats cleared that up then.

If players do well then they will stay in the team and as City did well last week and Hartley didn't play looks as if he won't start tomorrow.

Oh really? I don't have access to World.

So it'll be Marv, LJ (& Sno?) in the middle tomorrow? I feel bad for the other midfielders and I was especially looking forward to Hartley playing tomorrow.

I hope that City win tomorrow because if they draw or lose without a fit and available Hartley, Johnson will be in for some serious critism.

Even if Marv & LJ play well? I'm inclined to agree that, as far as some fans are concerned, how the latter actually plays is irrelevant.

I also agree with you in the sense that, if we don't win, I won't be coming on here to read the fallout.

But why do I read your sentence as "I'm half looking forwards to City losing tomorrow"? :whistle2:

Edit: *rant removed* ;)

Oh really? I don't have access to World.

So it'll be Marv, LJ (& Sno?) in the middle tomorrow?

GJ can't win with the fans.

If LJ (last week's MoM) plays and we win, there will still be some sniping comments.

If LJ plays and we draw, there will be a LOT of criticism.

If LJ doesn't play and we lose, there will be a LOT of criticism, maybe from SL too.

If LJ doesn't play and we win, people will just say Why hasn't Hartley/Skuse been playing all this time?

If LJ plays and we lose, there will be people calling for GJ to be sacked.

How LJ plays is actually irrelevant to some people.

Why the rant about LJ? I don't remember him being mentioned much in this thread.

'Crossed my mind' is hardly backing up the post. I was simply being open and honest unlike some people on this forum. Like I said there have been more than enough nepotism threads on here.

And you asserted it was the majority view amongst City fans.

There are some dishonest people on this forum? Really? Who?

People only write such stuff to devalue and dismiss my views when they (god forbid) question virtually anything that Johnson does. There are those who simply worship the ground GJ walks on and they hate any critism or questioning of his tactics, formations ect.. Blind faith in other words.

So you don't try to devalue and dismiss GJ then?

You made the following quote after the Plymouth game.

QUOTE (Robbored @ Oct 21 2009, 7:10 PM) post_snapback.gifIt would have been interesting to see what Johnson would have done last night had City been 1-0 up with 20mins go. I reckon he might have done the same as he did against Scunny and Posh - bring on a defender and try to hang on.

I pointed out at the time that what you said was totally inaccurate, in so much as:

Against S****horpe: Skuse came on for Hartley, and Sproule came on for Saborio.

Against Peterbro': Haynes came on for Saborio, Williams for Skuse, and Hartley for Sno.

I asked you which of those five subs are defenders?

Of course you never replied. I wonder why?

Honest criticism? Don't make me laugh!

And you asserted it was the majority view amongst City fans.

And why do you think its not? I think it is, but that is not necessarily reflected on here where there are a vociferous number of Johnson disciples who defend GJ whatever. This forum is a small world when compared with the wider City fan base. Unfortunately it seems to be your only world.

I've no doubt you would understand more if you were to spent time in and around the Bristol area and mix socially with various groups of City fans as I do . Lots of them repeatedly accuse Johnson of nepotism regardless of what LJ does on the pitch.

Living on the other side of country as you do limits your abililty to hear the talk amongst the faithfull in Bristol. At skittles, in social clubs and pubs around your area they all talk about Norwich City or some other local team. Around here its all about City or sometimes the Gas. You would not know what the majority of Bristol City fans, most of whom do not use or know about this forum are saying. In simple terms - you live too far away to comprehend the full picture.

I won't be happy, we had a winning team the game before and we dropped our two best midfielders for no reason other than "rotation", it would be really shit to leave them out again.

Skuse will play at wingback so no chance of him being left out- Johnson was dropped after playing well the prior game, as I understand it. Am sure hartley will feature at some stage.

If some supporters feel that the manager is not picking his best side, there will probably be some fan 'Rotation' going on - especially if results and performances are not good - with people choosing to vote with their feet.

odd supporters who would contemplate that when we stand 3 points off the top and have won the last two - but that's their perogative

And why do you think its not? I think it is, but that is not necessarily reflected on here where there are a vociferous number of Johnson disciples who defend GJ whatever. This forum is a small world when compared with the wider City fan base. Unfortunately it seems to be your only world.

Other posters on this thread have said they get shouted down whenever they criticise GJ but to me it always seems the opposite. If we do anything but win a game the criticism is almost always far more extreme than is warranted. Anyone who tries to make a reasoned argument against the criticism is accused of being "happy clappy" or a "blind disciple".

Are you really surprised that after over 4 years in charge and supplying comparative success for this football club over that period, that there are a lot of people happy to take GJ warts and all?

If you feel that Edson speaks only for a minority of fans on this forum, compared to your many 1000's of followers, then I think that you are mistaken. I am basing that on the people that I meet at the games each week.

It also seems strange to me that in all the fuss and discussion over "squad rotation" the fact that we won on Saturday seems of secondary importance. I would have thought it was cause for much optimism that we won the game whilst keeping key members of our squad fit and fresh for the tougher challenges such as WBA away. GJ seems more confident in the depth of our squad and if results continue this way perhaps even the most cynical may start to agree.

I am sure Edson can defend himself against the last criticism, but I would like to point out when you are away from the City that is home to your favourite club, whether permanently or temporarily, this forum is the best link to keeping in touch with the groundswell of opinion amongst the fans, both positive and negative.

Oh and his 5700 odd posts, pale in comparision to your own 12000 + which suggests you spend more time in this world than he does.

I've no doubt you would understand more if you were to spent time in and around the Bristol area and mix socially with various groups of City fans as I do . Lots of them repeatedly accuse Johnson of nepotism regardless of what LJ does on the pitch.

It must be the circles you mix in then, because lots of them don't do such things. In fact i've heard lots of praise about LJ of late, and more bashing about others, who I wont name because that would make me as negative and blinkered as you.

And FWIW Edson has been to quite a few games this season as I am sure he can tell you himself.

Tom, I can appreciate that you and other people don't agree with Robbored's forthright and honest opinions, but this thread is turning into a witch hunt.

Whatever happened to criticising the post and not the poster?

I appreciate your point. Every now and again I lose the will to live on here. Infact I'm constantly doing it right now. I don't have much time to post. I certainly don't have any time to moderate. What I do spend is countless hours in and outside of work making sure this place ticks over nicely, on a technical basis, without too much fuss.

When I'm force to read what I can only describe as a continual verbal assasination on our current manager it leaves me frustrated to the point of asking 'why bother?'

I'm the first to admit GJ doesn't get everything right. I sometimes sit there at a game and think my god it's frustrating at times and perhaps my desired XI doesn't match GJ's. Then again I wouldn't expect GJ to come in and tell me how to configure the server this forum runs on. Some people on here genuinely believe we'd betterw off atching the football under Danny Wilson than what we're currently playing? Yes there were some good days but actually I think peoples minds are a bit fuzzy because it was only once and again that it clicked. It really does saden me to think there are people quite happy to sit and moan all day when the future of this club has never looked brighter. A sqaud that only 3 years ago we'd could have only drempt of. A new training ground. A proper air of profesionalism throughout the club. To top it off the potential to move to a new £65m pound stadium.

Now SL deserves a lot of credit in pushing the club in the right direction but also GJ has shaken this club upside down and without him we could well be sitting in the 3rd division and being tonked 4-2 at home to Chesterfield.

Maybe its just me, but there seems to be a mindset in a certain older type of poster. Those fortunate enough to have seen us in the top flight. Those 4 years have someone created an impression that we should be up there and until we reach it again nothing will match it for achivement. The reality is when you look at our 100 or so year history that we've never been a top division side. We've generally kicked around in either the 2nd or 3rd tier.

It's fair to say at the moment, the four years aside in the top division, that we are enjoying some of the most succesful football in over 100 years.

If that's case in point to moan and go on a vendetta against one of our most succesful managers of recent time then really I don't think these people should even bother going to football because they've clearly lost touch with reality or maybe its just me thats lost it?

Now I will go to the ground in a few hours time. I will give it all to the 11 players picked. I don't care if they were the 11 I wanted to start. They are the 11 I will support for 90 minutes in the hope of another 3 points. For me it's what supporting City has been about. It's what City will always be about for me.

I think I've used up all my posting credits for a while. I'll just sit in the background from now on and just do my work on the server. I clearly don't seem to be in touch with what is really the point of going to football at the moment.

I appreciate your point. Every now and again I lose the will to live on here. Infact I'm constantly doing it right now. I don't have much time to post. I certainly don't have any time to moderate. What I do spend is countless hours in and outside of work making sure this place ticks over nicely, on a technical basis, without too much fuss.

When I'm force to read what I can only describe as a continual verbal assasination on our current manager it leaves me frustrated to the point of asking 'why bother?'

I'm the first to admit GJ doesn't get everything right. I sometimes sit there at a game and think my god it's frustrating at times and perhaps my desired XI doesn't match GJ's. Then again I wouldn't expect GJ to come in and tell me how to configure the server this forum runs on. Some people on here genuinely believe we'd betterw off atching the football under Danny Wilson than what we're currently playing? Yes there were some good days but actually I think peoples minds are a bit fuzzy because it was only once and again that it clicked. It really does saden me to think there are people quite happy to sit and moan all day when the future of this club has never looked brighter. A sqaud that only 3 years ago we'd could have only drempt of. A new training ground. A proper air of profesionalism throughout the club. To top it off the potential to move to a new £65m pound stadium.

Now SL deserves a lot of credit in pushing the club in the right direction but also GJ has shaken this club upside down and without him we could well be sitting in the 3rd division and being tonked 4-2 at home to Chesterfield.

Maybe its just me, but there seems to be a mindset in a certain older type of poster. Those fortunate enough to have seen us in the top flight. Those 4 years have someone created an impression that we should be up there and until we reach it again nothing will match it for achivement. The reality is when you look at our 100 or so year history that we've never been a top division side. We've generally kicked around in either the 2nd or 3rd tier.

It's fair to say at the moment, the four years aside in the top division, that we are enjoying some of the most succesful football in over 100 years.

If that's case in point to moan and go on a vendetta against one of our most succesful managers of recent time then really I don't think these people should even bother going to football because they've clearly lost touch with reality or maybe its just me thats lost it?

Now I will go to the ground in a few hours time. I will give it all to the 11 players picked. I don't care if they were the 11 I wanted to start. They are the 11 I will support for 90 minutes in the hope of another 3 points. For me it's what supporting City has been about. It's what City will always be about for me.

I think I've used up all my posting credits for a while. I'll just sit in the background from now on and just do my work on the server. I clearly don't seem to be in touch with what is really the point of going to football at the moment.

Top post, TomF. Agree 100%.

GJ is fortunate to be able to rotate players, we now have a wealth of professional boys who understand they play for a team, and anyways GJ can do what the **** he likes, who cares what he's said or done in the past, thats the past! why are people living in the past...stop living in the past!

I can't believe some people on here get upset because GJ once said this, or once said or did that like 2 yrs ago, and now bash him for going back on his word...WTF?!?! Get a life, GJ could put Milly in the starting 11 and I would back him 100% if that was the case.

Noone on here has the right to question GJ, they have not or will never earn that right, our job as supporters to to back the gaffer and the boys, we know how much they rely on us doing this and I think for 99% of fans we do that, but some of us can't help themselves and have to bring up really old and outdated nonsence about LJ, and how good Noble was and why did we sign Trundle and why did we then get rid of Trundle etcc....Jeeez, I try not to get upset as I understand these people are Sags or bored City fans with their roach poles out, but I have to agree with Tom, we've never had it so good.

Tom F quite right - as one who did see us rise to the top division and fall all the way down to the bottom this is the best period since and gj has done a tremendous job - the big picture is we are 6th 3 points off top and with a great squad - the team he selects will get my 100% support.

Great Post!

It would seem a few discredited moaners on here with they're own seperate agenda's have possibly gone to the 'barnsley' school of 'i'm not bitter!' (such a classic line). Certain posters have admitted they don't like GJ, thats fair enough and honest - i respect that. But they should try to rise above there own bitterness and give a bit of credit where it's due...sometimes!

:innocent06:

No it's not just you. I can appreciate your rant at Robbo.

No doubt he now has you marked down as a 'GJ is God' supporter, despite what you say in your 3rd paragraph. Seems if you disagree with RR by default you are a 'happy clapper'. This also bugs me.

That's a great post Tom. Sums it up perfectly for me, both for how I feel about our club and the bright future I can see, and also how I feel about the endless negativity I read on here.

Let's hope 3 points this afternoon can cheer a few people up.....but I won't hold my breath.

No it's not just you. I can appreciate your rant at Robbo.

No doubt he now has you marked down as a 'GJ is God' supporter, despite what you say in your 3rd paragraph. Seems if you disagree with RR by default you are a 'happy clapper'. This also bugs me.

...by the same token, those that dare to criticise him are catalogued as 'Johnson-haters' and want him sacked... so it works both ways... doesn't it? :noexpression:

...by the same token, those that dare to criticise him are catalogued as 'Johnson-haters' and want him sacked... so it works both ways... doesn't it? :noexpression:

I was talking about Robboreds views re. GJ in relation to other posters. You have a point but not in this context.

Best Post ive ever read on here !!!

Unfortunately, those accusations aren't going to go away when we have team selections like today's. At least GJ had the good sense to make the necessary change at half time.

Exactly.

A bloke sat in front of me said to his mate when he saw the half-time changes - 'seems rotation now applies to half time'.

Archived