IGNORED

Use Your Vote Today

myol'man

In response to an earlier post I am a banker (High Street, not City), and I shoot and I live in the Frome and Somerton constituency - Lib Dem for a number of years. I voted for Nancy Rees Mogg.

Voted previously for The Ever Grinning Tony and thought that on the whole hs didn't do a bad job. Before that I'd voted Tory. And then I voted Tony. Or was it the same? I forget now.

My point?

That after any number of terms of office whoever it is gets complacent and starts to demonstrate questionable judgement. And that's when it is time for a change. Bit like having a manager for a few seasons who delivers some good results, and then starts to lose the plot.

i live in the Frome & Somerton constituency also and to be honest the Lib Dems have had there day there , and with the Cons the only party that can oust them i,m in a bit of a quandry as i don't want to vote cons but i also dont want Lib Dems to get it again , as i havn't been along to vote 2day yet ( i will be in a bit) was the EDP an option .

Concerning how many of you seemingly did not vote Tory, not surprisingly then, although slightly disturbing that according to exit polls, a hung parly looks on the cards. Don't say we cocked it up :doh:

i want a hung parliament, shall we start a collection for the rope ?

If you voted Tory because of their economic policy, its truely laughable! You may not have noticed but the recession is a global problem, not specifically caused by the British Labour party or Gordon Brown. The Tories have got just about every shout WRONG on how to deal with the crisis since it happened! Please don't say that it was due to GB's refusal to implement stricter regulation on the financiers as the Tories were entirely in agreement with such policy.

RRH

Truly you are delusioned.

Labour is the party that sold nearly half of our gold reserves at the bottom of the market (gold has nearly tripled in price since).

This is the party that doubled expenditure on the NHS without much noticeable improvement.

This is the party that ruined our private pension schemes by the abolition of the dividend tax credit.

This is the party that agreed that doctors should work less hours for nearly doubling their pay (most GP's now earn over £100K of your tax money, some up to £500K per year)

This is the party that took us into an illegal war with Iraq on the basis of lies (although I admit I am ashamed that the Tories supported that)

I could go on

Vote Tory - it's the only chance we have of not going the way of Greece.

I suppose the Mods will allow a political debate on here today of all days, at least we all support BCFC (unless of course you are one of those otib members who actually support another club)

If you voted Tory because of their economic policy, its truely laughable! You may not have noticed but the recession is a global problem, not specifically caused by the British Labour party or Gordon Brown. The Tories have got just about every shout WRONG on how to deal with the crisis since it happened! Please don't say that it was due to GB's refusal to implement stricter regulation on the financiers as the Tories were entirely in agreement with such policy.

The oppositions has a duty to cross examine the selected government on policy's tax and laws, that's why a muliti partys system is effective. It was Labour who got it wrong they were in power, no more boom and bust they said? They destroyed our manufacturing and stabbed the unions in the back, They manipulated the figures and got unemployment down by over staffing the public sector which only gave us more bureaucracy from annoying council working jobswroths creating work for themselves.

Anyway, I don't have many assets in the UK, best place to be is where there is food... for when we can no longer afford to import food to this island your evening meal will not be Tesco finest it will have USA AID on it. ;)

In response to an earlier post I am a banker (High Street, not City), and I shoot and I live in the Frome and Somerton constituency - Lib Dem for a number of years. I voted for Nancy Rees Mogg.

Voted previously for The Ever Grinning Tony and thought that on the whole hs didn't do a bad job. Before that I'd voted Tory. And then I voted Tony. Or was it the same? I forget now.

My point?

That after any number of terms of office whoever it is gets complacent and starts to demonstrate questionable judgement. And that's when it is time for a change. Bit like having a manager for a few seasons who delivers some good results, and then starts to lose the plot.

She did catch my eye ! but I decided this wasn't a beauty contest and decided to stick with David Heath (Lib Dem) he ain't done much wrong

I suppose the Mods will allow a political debate on here today of all days, at least we all support BCFC (unless of course you are one of those otib members who actually support another club)

We'll allow it as long as it remains civil. At the end of the day each person can vote for who they want. While debate it fine i think the line is crossed when people start mocking/abusing people for their political viewpoint.

Blair, Brown and New Labour are the one's who've let the country down.

Dont forget were all partly to blame - we aloud them to get the majority needed to do everything they have done. We also need to remember that while the going was good no one complained to much but now its to late to do anything about it is when were all pi**ed off about it.

Not that I voted for them.

RRH

Labour is the party that sold nearly half of our gold reserves at the bottom of the market (gold has nearly tripled in price since).

This is the party that doubled expenditure on the NHS without much noticeable improvement.

This is the party that ruined our private pension schemes by the abolition of the dividend tax credit.

This is the party that agreed that doctors should work less hours for nearly doubling their pay (most GP's now earn over £100K of your tax money, some up to £500K per year)

This is the party that took us into an illegal war with Iraq on the basis of lies (although I admit I am ashamed that the Tories supported that)

I could go on

without getting into politics i would point out that nurses and doctors have been doing an amazing job for years on far less money than they deserve and if labour or any other party increased their wages to keep doing that then i applaud them. i don't think you or i or anyone else would much fancy doing a graveyard shift trying to help sick and injured people and being abused vocally and physically by drunks or racists while at work so i don't think anyone can begrudge nurses getting a bit more money

Just look at what's happening now in Greece if you want to know where we are going if Labour stay in power (highly unlikely thankfully).

As for the Lib Dems, I admit Clegg did come over well in the TV debates but take a close look at their policies. They would take us into the Euro which is going to break up over the coming months or years. You can't have currency union without political union. And as for granting citizenship for illegal refugees, imagine how that will play in Pakistan and Somalia and other places ? Get over here boys as soon as possible.

So, I voted Tory even though it was probably a wasted vote in the Bristol West constituency where I live where the Lib Dems are almost certain to win. However I am optimistic that the Conservatives will take Bristol North West.

As for Bristol South (includes AG of course) a Labour win is certain.

If the Tories get in and try & foist swinging cuts in the public sector/public services in their first year then I think there may well be Greek type demo's on the streets.

From what I can understand about the Greeks they have a slightly lax attitude to paying tax which may account for their deficit.

Very true, I would have skipped this one, if i was a PM candidate to be honest. They will be hated for ever.

Not so, we voters aren't stupid.

We all know who got the country into this mess and they should, and hopefully will, feel the wrath of the electorate by being booted out tonight.

If there is a new PM then his party is not responsible for the disastrous state of the country they assume control over so they will be neither blamed for it, nor hated by sensible people for the drastic measures necessary to rectify it.

I voted the only way I could.

I'm not a great political animal, to me it's like your football team, it's handed down, it's a birthright.

Your team may be a bit crap, but you couldn't support another, it would be just plain wrong!

YOU REDS!

I don't understand that in the slightest, I have only been able to vote twice and both times I have voted differently. I just pick whoever makes the most sense to me.

RRH

I could go on

IF Labour has fckd up so much, and is so despised by all and sundry, WHY aren't they 20/25% behind in the polls?

Eh, answer me that!

RRH

I could go on

More likely disillusioned.

I think you're delusioned if you think Dave snooty and his pals are gonna sort out the mess. Their complete economic flim/flaming is seriously worrying. Anyway if they do get in, at least we wont see them again for a very long time once they're voted out next time.

unless they're bnp

Yes, because this thread will only go one way otherwise.. I don't intend coming back to a car crash of a thread tomorrow morning.

Whoever gets voted in now will be hated anyway for the big cuts we are about to have to make to avoid becoming the next Greece (unless it is Labour who will continue to build up the debt probably).

It was a really difficult choice for me in this election. I don't particularly agree with everything the Conservatives have to say but there policies on welfare, immigration and public sector cuts are what made me vote for them. I did at one point think about the Lib Dems but never Labour.

If the Tories get in and try & foist swinging cuts in the public sector/public services in their first year then I think there may well be Greek type demo's on the streets.

Big cuts will be made by whoever is in power tomorrow.

The only people not in favour of swingeing cuts to the massively overstaffed 'public sector/public services' are likely to be those who have secured a totally unnecessary job in them under Labour.

IF Labour has fckd up so much, and is so despised by all and sundry, WHY aren't they 20/25% behind in the polls?

Eh, answer me that!

Because there are many people like you who, as you've already stated, will vote for them no matter what!

Eh, answer me that!

I would have thought it was fairly obvious but...

There will be a certain percentage that vote for Labour no matter what they do- their hardcore. Add to that those on benefits who don't want to change to Conservative who will cut their benefits and you will have a fair few. Many in the public sector are unlikely to vote for the Conservatives who will cut it immediately.

I would have thought it was fairly obvious but...

There will be a certain percentage that vote for Labour no matter what they do- their hardcore. Add to that those on benefits who don't want to change to Conservative who will cut their benefits and you will have a fair few. Many in the public sector are unlikely to vote for the Conservatives who will cut it immediately.

You honestly believe all people on benefits vote labour?

The reality is many on benefits don't vote at all, but many of those who do are Tories and Lib Dems, too.

Big cuts will be made by whoever is in power tomorrow.

The only people not in favour of swingeing cuts to the massively overstaffed 'public sector/public services' are likely to be those who have secured a totally unnecessary job in them under Labour.

Not true. You'll probably find that most of those who will suffer will be ordinary working people - not the fat cat, consultant bullshitter types. I work for a govt department and I can tell you the people getting it in the neck are the 'working class'. And it will be frontline services that will suffer.

Still, if you're happy to be informed by Daily Mail/Sun soundbites then carry on.

Archived