IGNORED

Use Your Vote Today

myol'man

What a complete joke this labour party is, thinking of their own interests instead of the countrys interests. I dont think the public will accept another unelected squatter :disapointed2se: which is what will happen if the tree huggers join labour and brown goes in the autumn...

Lib Dem plus Labour isn't enough even with the SDLP on board.

I expect if the Lib Dems won't get into bed with the Tories we will be back at the polls to see if a new Labour leader is any more appealing to the Sun than Brown.

Would hope not of course- but there are different types of PR. i.e. in Germany, there is a certain minimum threshold for a representative- the BNP oddly enough fall beneath said minimum threshold, so it could depend on the type of PR used in this hypothetical scenario.

I think you post illustrates the problem with all types of voting system, PR being no different. It all come down to what's in for me.....i.e. of course the Libs want PR obviously just as its equally clear why the Tories dont (we will see why in the next day or so).

But the worrying aspect as you post is the prosepect of a PR systems that is taylored to meet certain criteria and satisfy certian polictical parties. If the rhetoric being used to justify it, sudently includes minimum thresholds so that it is not truely represnetitive of voting habits then surely its not proportional at all, but a a system of promoting self interest by another means.

As despicable as i find the BNP, if people genuinely believe that they best represent their interests and vote for them then they get representatives in parliament. That is how a democracy works, or rather should work if we didn't have the ridiculous system we currently have. Plus, i suspect that if the BNP actually got some MPs they would be exposed as the vile, quasi-facist racists they are and expelled from the political system faster than you can say "Hung Parliament"

OK, Democracy you say, in the 12 constituencies where these vile BNP racists are elected to serve in the UK's parliament as MP's, Who will actually act/lobby on behalf of the ten thousands of ethnic minority constituents in the 12 constituencies?, So where is their democracy? or are these people going to considered as acceptable collateral damage in PC Britains quest to appease everybody and satisfy nobody.

OK, Democracy you say, in the 12 constituencies where these vile BNP racists are elected to serve in the UK's parliament as MP's, Who will actually act/lobby on behalf of the ten thousands of ethnic minority constituents in the 12 constituencies?, So where is their democracy? or are these people going to considered as acceptable collateral damage in PC Britains quest to appease everybody and satisfy nobody.

why don't you round up everybody who voted BNP and deport them or shoot them?

The BNP have a right to exist, people have a right to vote for them.

If enough people vote for them they have a right to be represented.

This isn't the soviet union or thatcher's Britain, people have had a bellyful of the country veering from red to blue

lets break up this outmoded system and have the full spectrum of British views represented

not just what Murdoch decides what he wants you to support today.

Looks like Camerbuffoon has had his chance and he's blew it, he wasn't interested in power sharing anyway, it was his way or no way.

Not the sort of leader I want for my country, sometimes in life you have to give and take.

BCAGFC

Looks like Camerbuffoon has had his chance and he's blew it, he wasn't interested in power sharing anyway, it was his way or no way.

Not the sort of leader I want for my country, sometimes in life you have to give and take.

BCAGFC

Maybe not, but who the **** is there then?

Hes the best of a bad bunch.

I expect if the Lib Dems won't get into bed with the Tories we will be back at the polls to see if a new Labour leader is any more appealing to the Sun than Brown.

Thats what I thought. It will be a right hotchpotch of undesirables if they do manage a majority somehow.

What will happen is absolutely nothing until October when we'll have new elections and Labour will have Millerband in place as leader.

Unfortunately there will barely a country to govern at this rate, the very very last thing we need is squabbling and procrastrinating for months.

Oh well.

Another un elected Labour running the country? Thats dangerous and irresponsible, There will be riots in the streets if Labour stay clinging onto power.

Riots in the streets are more likely under a Tory government,

due to the tax breaks for the 'Eton' old boys,mafia.gif

and massive cuts for the rest of us

BCAGFC

and sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in, leaders lead the rest follow; better to be in control of the strings and not a puppet on the end of them;

libs and labour took a pasting at the polls its laughable that they could soon be trying to run our country if they do it wont be for long

Cuts :disapointed2se: you wish; nat ins, petrol, indirect tax on just about everything and anything is what we will get under any lib/lab pact.

Mandelson will kill the labour party with his desperate attempt to cling onto power. I wonder whats in it for him?

All they will achieve with this alliance, is that they will upset the loyal labour voters further.

2 Losers = 2 losers not a winner; clegs barmy army actually believed they had pushed labour into 3rd before the results were known; :sleeping: sadly it seems all the bed jumping and talking will last longer than the goverment it may produce :mf_sleep:

2 Losers = 2 losers not a winner; clegs barmy army actually believed they had pushed labour into 3rd before the results were known; :sleeping: sadly it seems all the bed jumping and talking will last longer than the goverment it may produce :mf_sleep:

2 losers = The Sun and David Cameron

forward with the progressive government representing 64% of the population :fingerscrossed:

And now Brown has said he will resign!

Why? Its simple. He,s trying to bribe the Liberals over to join them in power. Complete and utter b ollocks. The decision should be handed to the queen as to who runs the country.

The whole system is a total joke

I don't want a foreigner deciding on my country's future, thank you very much. Especially not an unelected foreigner.

I must admit that since you were talking about Tories I misread the word "cuts".

The Tory's lost as well. No one won the election.

they lost an outright victory yes but gained 97 seats where as the lib/lab losers lost -96 between them; well the losers may well mackle together a love in but not for long.

forward with the progressive government representing 64% of the population :fingerscrossed:

More chance of getting a standing area in our posh new stadium

I'd rather have the first £10,000 of income tax free. It would be so much worse under the Tories.

That £10,000 could well get you to Spain on a plane if there new "tax the plane not the passenger" plan goes through or may even keep you in petrol for the year;

having a million pound a year is no good if it buys you squat all.

Pounds in the pocket are a waste of time if there is no value to those pounds

Watch them get the SNP and Plaid Cymru to get them over the line, so we get to the point that a party you can't vote for in England, dictates the leadership for well over 80% of a population who have no say on them. The democratic process has fallen to pieces - and the so called electoral reform just brings in a format that repeats this same shambles on EVERY single occasion so that the runners up can always make shabby backroom deals to secure power. Total bunch of hypocrites not a shred of integrity between them.

Watch them get the SNP and Plaid Cymru to get them over the line, so we get to the point that a party you can't vote for in England, dictates the leadership for well over 80% of a population who have no say on them. The democratic process has fallen to pieces - and the so called electoral reform just brings in a format that repeats this same shambles on EVERY single occasion so that the runners up can always make shabby backroom deals to secure power. Total bunch of hypocrites not a shred of integrity between them.

Apparently this is "progressive".

Not only do we have the shambles of the situation you have to eloquently explained, we have the prospect of yet another unelected Prime Minister!

Apparently this is "progressive".

Not only do we have the shambles of the situation you have to eloquently explained, we have the prospect of yet another unelected Prime Minister!

Well this morning Douglas Alexander (a senior New Liebore and the main election strategist) has said New Liebore will not work with the SNP, So that's the majority gone already.

A hung parliament has proved exactly what I thought would happen, New Liebore are embarrassing themselves with a desperate bid to hang onto power, Clegg is walking around like a victorian prostitute trying to get a better deal if they are going to do the kinky stuff and Cameron who should have just gone it alone and tried to strike a deal later. After stealing our money, lying to us and treating us like fools, Our so called elected officials have sunk to another all time low and prove once more that they cannot be trusted, We need strong government and we need it now and what do we get self interest ahead of strong government, The political classes had a chance to show the electorate that they had listened to us and yet again they have failed.

Your maths is a load of arse.

15.2 million people voted Labour or Lib Dem out of 29.6m. That's not 64%.

None of them voted for a coalition of any kind. I voted Lib Dem and absolutely the last thing on earth I want is them propping up labour.

Brown should have resigned immediately following his defeat, not waited until Clegg told him to.

Clegg shouldn't have been talking to Labour at all.

What I'm disappointed about is that the all the talk of electoral reform seems very limited to changing how we select MPs.

I'd ask why in this day and age of instant communication we need to delegate representation to one MP we only get to influence every five years.

We could instead have a real change in the system that allows for the voter to be consulted far more often on specific topics - technology can achieve this without too much bother now - and use representatives only for where the executive needs to be checked and balanced.

The two big problems in our system as I see it are really the existence of political parties and the fact that they can prevent any change to the system not in their interests.

The Prime Minister would be unelected whoever it is.

Your ballot paper had the names of your local MP's on it. You are voting for them to gain a seat in Parliament, not for who the PM is going to be.

Important point seemingly missed by most of the population and the media.

i.m.o. W. Hague is doing a sterling job as tory rep and second in command; Cameroooon is conspicous by his absence in the lime light.

Liebore are dead in the water and by the time the tree huggers make their mind up :sleeping: it will be time for another election.

Archived