IGNORED

Use Your Vote Today

myol'man

This is what i think of the matter

http://www.facebook....115547365137261

"All David Cameron says is "We want change, we need change...change...change..Ok Give him 30p and tell him to **** off. Let's face it, if Dave here was elected Prime Minister, this country would be more doomed than it is already!"

(as quoted on the page)

This is what i think of the matter

http://www.facebook....115547365137261

"All David Cameron says is "We want change, we need change...change...change..Ok Give him 30p and tell him to **** off. Let's face it, if Dave here was elected Prime Minister, this country would be more doomed than it is already!"

(as quoted on the page)

The problem is and Nick Clegg recognises that, it is about numbers and not about loyalties. Britain needs a strong government and urgently (numbers wise) with a large enough majority to push through whatever measures are necessary to help prevent what is happening in Greece happening here in the UK. Whatever way you look at it New Liebore + Lib Dems will not give them a working majority and even if you add most of the possible sympathetic rag tag odds and ends of the new parliament the best they rely on is a majority of 2 and that is not strong government.

Unfortunately however unpalatable a tory/lib dem alliance is to it's supporters, it's the only maths that adds up to a strong government and believe me the markets are waiting tomorrow for the right message.

The problem is and Nick Clegg recognises that, it is about numbers and not about loyalties. Britain needs a strong government and urgently (numbers wise) with a large enough majority to push through whatever measures are necessary to help prevent what is happening in Greece happening here in the UK. Whatever way you look at it New Liebore + Lib Dems will not give them a working majority and even if you add most of the possible sympathetic rag tag odds and ends of the new parliament the best they rely on is a majority of 2 and that is not strong government.

Unfortunately however unpalatable a tory/lib dem alliance is to it's supporters, it's the only maths that adds up to a strong government and believe me the markets are waiting tomorrow for the right message.

a traffic light coalition also adds up

also give up the new labour rubbish, you're out of date - it's 13 years old - and it undermines your arguments and makes you look like some bitter sun reader.

a traffic light coalition also adds up

also give up the new labour rubbish, you're out of date - it's 13 years old - and it undermines your arguments and makes you look like some bitter sun reader.

What total HYPOCRISY, 31 years out of date is all the New Liebore crap about Thatcher, it undermines New Liebore arguments and makes them look like bitter Daily Mirror readers, New Liebore had 13 years to undo the Thatcher years, I did'nt really see New Liebore undo any of Thatcherite policies they shouted loudest about whilst in opposition and now the only excuse they can throw up to try to prevent the tories and lib dems forming an alliance is warning about the Thatcher years, it's pathetic.

Also whilst we are on the hypocrisy thread, I did'nt see many New Liebore mp's or supporters have a problem with the Sun when they supported them over the past 13 years and now the criticism of the Sun is also pathetic.

Also whilst we are on the hypocrisy thread, I did'nt see many New Liebore mp's or supporters have a problem with the Sun when they supported them over the past 13 years and now the criticism of the Sun is also pathetic.

oh well if you must continue with your mad right wing ranting in defence of the sun - I suppose you have a framed copy of their nauseating "Cameron as Obama" front page

I'll repeat my earlier point that your use of the term "new liebore" - is pathetic, childish, and undermines your argument. Although I suppose it identifies you immediately as a Tory.

oh well if you must continue with your mad right wing ranting in defence of the sun - I suppose you have a framed copy of their nauseating "Cameron as Obama" front page

I'll repeat my earlier point that your use of the term "new liebore" - is pathetic, childish, and undermines your argument. Although I suppose it identifies you immediately as a Tory.

Typical New Liebore attitude if you don't agree with us you are a tory, it identifies me a realist and you my friend as a hypocrite happy as long as the sun supports your ideas and your beloved party for 13 years the sun has been cool with New Liebore, As soon as they change their support they become Murdoch owned tory supporting and that is almost certainly why the electorate and now the lib dems have turned their back on you, 13 years of hypocrisy.

And what is wrong with being identified as a Tory, many working class people are you know. You brandish the world Tory as an insult, which not really in keeping with the social inclusive policies of the party you have as your avitar...or does that only apply as long as you dont vote Tory? As for the Sun, well it is a comic of a newspaper, but like another poster as said there was none of this disquiet when they supported Mr Blair.....as you posted earlier thats Democracy!

Iraq - Sexed up documents that even the military and secret services admit they were pressurised to change their wording in their documents.

Iraq and Al Qaeda were linked to 9/11. Actually Al Qaeda have only appeared in Iraq since the allied occupation.

Iraq - Tony Blair accidently reveals the name of the whistle blower to a plane load of journos on the way back from the USA and when this person is found dead in suspicious circumstances they will not allow a right and proper investigation into his death, oh yes and the journo who wrote the original story loses his job.

Iraq - Gordon Brown tells the Iraq enquiry he did'nt cut the budgets to military and then has to admit actually I did cut the budget 6 times.

and best of all, New Liebore then went on to prove you can tell porkys on an election manifesto by reneging on a promised referendum on the Lisbon treaty, Why because they new they would lose.

The election that never was, tough on crime tough on the causes of crime, over 1 million more people living below the UN poverty line, no more taxes......................................

Iraq in particular has been one huge lie from the beginning to the end, To cover up the bitch like obedience to the USA.

All the above are LIES, So childish about calling this mob New Liebore, Well maybe. and one other interesting thing after New Liebore opened the doors to all the cool celebreties like Noel Gallagher and others where are they now?, The only celebreties they could wheel out were Alex Ferguson and a crap comedian who wears dresses.

Face it Faxbourton Red if you had ditched Brown 6 months ago, We would'nt be having this debate, but no New Liebore allowed him to carry on with his King Canute impression and now New Liebore have left it too late.

why is this in the bcfc section of the forum. Its bad enough dragging out over the TV all the time. Dunno about you but i am sick of the dour scott, Car salesman cameroon and cheesey i think im more important than i am clegg. Please all bore off u have as much clue as the next man about what is best for the country! :protest:

why is this in the bcfc section of the forum. Its bad enough dragging out over the TV all the time. Dunno about you but i am sick of the dour scott, Car salesman cameroon and cheesey i think im more important than i am clegg. Please all bore off u have as much clue as the next man about what is best for the country! :protest:

Well I can see you are new to the forum, So i'll explain, There is is'nt actually any law on this forum or in the UK constitution that say's you have actually read every thread, So don't read it, Simple as really, it's called democracy or is it?.

Typical New Liebore attitude if you don't agree with us you are a tory, it identifies me a realist and you my friend as a hypocrite happy as long as the sun supports your ideas and your beloved party for 13 years the sun has been cool with New Liebore, As soon as they change their support they become Murdoch owned tory supporting and that is almost certainly why the electorate and now the lib dems have turned their back on you, 13 years of hypocrisy.

ha you think I'm a labour voter? how naive of you

I hate the sun and it's disgusting fake patriotism and mindless pursuit of celebrity . It is a right wing rag controlled by an Australian American neo-con. Dumbing down politics and making people with your views acceptable.

The sooner this American-Australian version of Berlusconi is shown the door - the better.

ha you think I'm a labour voter? how naive of you

I hate the sun and it's disgusting fake patriotism and mindless pursuit of celebrity . It is a right wing rag controlled by an Australian American neo-con. Dumbing down politics and making people with your views acceptable.

The sooner this American-Australian version of Berlusconi is shown the door - the better.

Did you see that on Sky?.

Yes, you only have to look at the miserable failure of Germany since the war to see how terrible a coalition government will be.

Indeed.

Not just that- the theory is that a coalition Government is a disaster financially speaking. Well, 10 of the 18 nations with a triple A credit rating have PR in one form or another; 12/18 have coalitions. So it is not as clear cut as doom mongers suggest.

Indeed.

Not just that- the theory is that a coalition Government is a disaster financially speaking. Well, 10 of the 18 nations with a triple A credit rating have PR in one form or another; 12/18 have coalitions. So it is not as clear cut as doom mongers suggest.

I think you'll find the doom mongers are pretty exclusively from one side of the political divide.

Yeah a shame Labour didn't have time to introduce this political reform during their tenure, I mean they only had 13 years.

Indeed, they should have done so.

I agree- the Tories and their cheerleaders in the Tory press seem to be the main pushers of the doom-mongering theory. I'm all for some form of PR myself.

Me too. There are some in the Labour party who would prefer FPTP but I think most realise that some form of PR is the only way to progess.

Under the PR system Lib-Dems would have something like 120 MP's. Do they even have that many serious politicians? Or would they have to regurgitate Lembit Opik ?

I think its difficult to say what the outcome would be in terms of numbers as people may well vote differently and it may also be affected by the form of PR that is agreed upon. The results the other day show about 2 million more voted Tory than Labour and just under 2 million more voted Labour than Lib/Dem. I think that may be different if PR was in place.

Under the PR system Lib-Dems would have something like 120 MP's. Do they even have that many serious politicians? Or would they have to regurgitate Lembit Opik ?

Who knows- but there's deadweight in all Parties in terms of individual MPs I'm sure. For example, off the top of my head- many believed Prescott to have been promoted beyond his level. Plenty of mediocre MPs in the Commons I'm sure- so a few more from a greater spread of party- will we notice the difference?

Well let's hope that the MP that is elected to represent you is one of 12 BNP racists that would have been elected if PR had been in existence.

Would hope not of course- but there are different types of PR. i.e. in Germany, there is a certain minimum threshold for a representative- the BNP oddly enough fall beneath said minimum threshold, so it could depend on the type of PR used in this hypothetical scenario.

Not sure where to put this, but as good a place as any I suppose.

Read on another forum that it looks like they are getting closer to a Lib Dem-Conservative pact- Brown has left Downing Street through the back door. That would also be the preferred option of the markets according to the FT at the weekend so if it comes off, a win-win situation.

Well let's hope that the MP that is elected to represent you is one of 12 BNP racists that would have been elected if PR had been in existence.

As despicable as i find the BNP, if people genuinely believe that they best represent their interests and vote for them then they get representatives in parliament. That is how a democracy works, or rather should work if we didn't have the ridiculous system we currently have. Plus, i suspect that if the BNP actually got some MPs they would be exposed as the vile, quasi-facist racists they are and expelled from the political system faster than you can say "Hung Parliament"

Another un elected Labour running the country? Thats dangerous and irresponsible, There will be riots in the streets if Labour stay clinging onto power.

Agreed, there could well now be another election in September?

Get David Miliband in, he'd wipe the floor with any Tory chump.

Alan Johnson and Ed Balls other front runners.

Gordon Brown to resign in the next few months, which gives a Lib-Lab coalition a much better chance. fingerscrossed.gif

The only chance they will have is NO CHANCE; Torys it seems will not bend over far enough to satisfy the tree huggers; unlike labour who, dispite losing 91 seats the labour party will do/say almost anything to cling on :disapointed2se:

Any coalition between Lib/lab will not see the year out i.m.o.

And now Brown has said he will resign!

Why? Its simple. He,s trying to bribe the Liberals over to join them in power. Complete and utter b ollocks. The decision should be handed to the queen as to who runs the country.

The whole system is a total joke

:chant6ez: in one.

Archived