IGNORED

Use Your Vote Today

myol'man

Not true. You'll probably find that most of those who will suffer will be ordinary working people - not the fat cat, consultant bullshitter types. I work for a govt department and I can tell you the people getting it in the neck are the 'working class'. And it will be frontline services that will suffer.

Still, if you're happy to be informed by Daily Mail/Sun soundbites then carry on.

That really is such a condescending, tedious, and irritating thing to say.disapointed2se.gif

Too late to be sorry.

I hope you can live with yourself when Cameron rips off his mask and Thatcher emerges from underneath.

speechless-smiley-040.gif

In many respects I'd be able to, yes.

Take a deep breath and.........

MT did a great deal for this country, and for a great number of us. I'd say that if it wasn't for her many of us would not have enjoyed the prosperity that we have today. Many might not have been so fortunate I know, but I'd still say that for the majority our standard of living now is better than it was for our previous generation, and that MT has to take a great deal of credit for that.

Problem with her and the party of that time was as I said before. Confidence turned to arrogance, and complacency crept in. And that's when my right hand found itself X'ing next to whoever stood for Nu Labour at that time. And think about it. If MT was all bad why did Kinnock, Smith and Blair want to morph Labour and follow so many of her policies and principles?

And another yes. Nancy is so much better looking that the bearded David Heath, and his bumbling Labour converted to Lib Dem Treasury mate Vince C. Easy to make promises when you'll never have the opportunity of fulfilling them. Nancy wouldn't be my bed choice mind you - but then again, neither would David Heath!

...and North Somerset City fans.. remember what Liam Fox has done so far to scupper our new stadium bid :innocent06:

North Somerset here too ,would never vote Tory, memories of the evil Thatcher etched in to my mind ,Fox is just another grabbing Tory along with the rest .just wish my vote would count for something here ,well it does for me at least !!!!!

The map of England is turning blue; :chant6ez:

Kingswood lost to Con; North and North East Somerset blue too; as does Weston; Fox stays in; 52 tory gains so far will it be enough :fingerscrossed:

Seems some stations ran out of ballot papers and some didnt have enough staff to cope with the last minute rush; with reports of people queing at 9.15 and still not getting in, in time to vote :disapointed2se: there will be trouble at mill over that and if there is a hung parliment :protest: 82 con gains now still not sure to be enough :yawn:

You honestly believe all people on benefits vote labour?

The reality is many on benefits don't vote at all, but many of those who do are Tories and Lib Dems, too.

Bristol South had a massive Labour hold. I don't know what that tells us about the voters...It tells me a great deal personally.

If you voted Tory because of their economic policy, its truely laughable! You may not have noticed but the recession is a global problem, not specifically caused by the British Labour party or Gordon Brown. The Tories have got just about every shout WRONG on how to deal with the crisis since it happened! Please don't say that it was due to GB's refusal to implement stricter regulation on the financiers as the Tories were entirely in agreement with such policy.

Seeing as the countries leading economists are split down the middle on this one I'm surprised that you find yourself in the position to call it laughable. Appears to be two equally respected and widely differing views on the speed we should make cuts based on the scale of our debts and the risk of being downrated , I'm surprised you're so confident you know what's best for the country?

Not true. You'll probably find that most of those who will suffer will be ordinary working people - not the fat cat, consultant bullshitter types. I work for a govt department and I can tell you the people getting it in the neck are the 'working class'. And it will be frontline services that will suffer.

Still, if you're happy to be informed by Daily Mail/Sun soundbites then carry on.

You obviously have zero clue on the disaster going on in the NHS under labour at present , the cuts that labour are asking us to make and the threats to patient safety let alone patient care that they could mean.Some of the proposals being floated are truly frightening.

You obviously have zero clue on the disaster going on in the NHS under labour at present , the cuts that labour are asking us to make and the threats to patient safety let alone patient care that they could mean.Some of the proposals being floated are truly frightening.

You obviously have zero clue about me. What makes you think I support what New Labour are doing? My wife works in the NHS so I hear first hand about the problems. However, I think further cuts will simply finish off the NHS. You'd better hope you've got enough cash for private care.

Bristol South had a massive Labour hold. I don't know what that tells us about the voters...It tells me a great deal personally.

Proud that Bristol South is still red,

didn't get conned by Maggie's half price council house sale back then,

and didn't get conned by Cameron's 'poor people trust me' mantra this time.

Kingswood, hang your head in shame.

Boundary changes, it wasn't the 'old' Kingswood.

Because there are many people like you who, as you've already stated, will vote for them no matter what!

well this is the problem that too many people are engrained to vote labour for life even though NEW Labour as they are actually called are completely different to pre 1997 labour! The labour parties traditions were to look after the working population! As a working man I don't feel supported by NEW labour! I can't get a decent job, because my qualification is devalued by labour! I pay more tax thanks to the removal of 10pc tax and if labour manage to worm back in I will pay even more tax through NI! Why should they take more of my money if they won't tackle where they are pissing money away with quangos or the rediculous benefit system which disincentivizes getting in to the work force!

If I was born 20 years earlier I would probably be a labour supporter in my current situation, but for what they currently offer there is no way I could vote for New Labour.

You obviously have zero clue about me. What makes you think I support what New Labour are doing? My wife works in the NHS so I hear first hand about the problems. However, I think further cuts will simply finish off the NHS. You'd better hope you've got enough cash for private care.

Obviously I don't, and equally obviously have no idea what position your wife holds and therefore how much information you have available to you. However personally I sit on a primary care commissioning body and unfortunately get to see where the money really goes. A bigger emphasis is placed on political gain rather than genuine clinical need unsurprisingly but you'd be horrified if you knew some of the plans currently being pushed through. Genuinely not sure I'm allowed to elaborate and obviously a lot of this planning on a regional basis depending on the levels of overspend etc but don't sit there believing that the NHS is safe under labour, because it's failing along with everything else.

Absolutely, and as a South Bristol constituent who earns well in excess of the national wage but is a Labour voter, what it says to me is that a community that is regularly last in the queue for any public sector money still knows who is the least worst for the working class.

BS3 , always Red.........

• Admin

Does it actually make any difference to the 'ordinary' working man. In my experience of various parties governing in my lifetime, they are all as bad as one another and if you are an average working person, employed, PAYE tax and earning anywhere between £20K and £100K, life doesn't change much. Earn much less than £20K and the party that gives the best benefits probably would sway your choice.

The way our electoral system works means that those in a staunchly safe ward ie. South Bristol would vote in a turd with a red scarf on, this makes many feel their vote is pointless.

You'd have to say it's been a poor night for the Tory's. When you consider Brown's approval rating a year ago, even 6 months ago they should've won comfortably. But the people have voted and they don't trust Labour anymore but they also ain't too keen on Cameron either.

The most natural step now is surely a Labour - Lib Dem coalition.

Obviously I don't, and equally obviously have no idea what position your wife holds and therefore how much information you have available to you. However personally I sit on a primary care commissioning body and unfortunately get to see where the money really goes. A bigger emphasis is placed on political gain rather than genuine clinical need unsurprisingly but you'd be horrified if you knew some of the plans currently being pushed through. Genuinely not sure I'm allowed to elaborate and obviously a lot of this planning on a regional basis depending on the levels of overspend etc but don't sit there believing that the NHS is safe under labour, because it's failing along with everything else.

That's roughly what I hear too. I'm not really sure what we're disagreeing about.

I just feel that an NHS with problems is still better than the US model where millions don't even have access to adequate provision. I also feel that the NHS has been allowed to die, and without wanting to sound too lefty, I can't help but think that there are lots of greedy capitlists out there licking their lips at the prospect of all that healthcare provision they can make money out of. I aslo don't imagine we'll see any relative reduction in taxes -what's not spent on the NHS will simply be spent on something else.

People wil simply need to budget separately to account for health insurance. The ordinary man and woman will simply be worse off.

I genuinely wonder if there will be any public sector at all within 50 years. Even the army, like the private American ones, could become a private model.

I maybe an old-fashioned lefty, but I just feel certain services should be left sacrosanct and publicly owned.

You'd have to say it's been a poor night for the Tory's. When you consider Brown's approval rating a year ago, even 6 months ago they should've won comfortably. But the people have voted and they don't trust Labour anymore but they also ain't too keen on Cameron either.

The most natural step now is surely a Labour - Lib Dem coalition.

Clegg apparently will side with the Tories as they had the higher vote.

Clegg apparently will side with the Tories as they had the higher vote.

Where did you find that?

All he's said is that the Tories should have the opportunity to create a government. Labour will be in touch with Clegg asap to form a coalition to oust the Tories. Remember A LOT of votes in certain consticuency's went for Lib Dem candidates to keep the Tories out so I don't think Clegg would win many friends for siding with the Tories.

It's going to be interesting anyway. Another election in 6 months perhaps?

Hung Parliament.

Hopefully a Lib/Lab pact to keep the tories out. fingerscrossed.gif

hope so

we need centre parties to stick together and form a consensus against the right wing party ideologically opposed to public goods being provided by the public sector

there is no appetite for non-pragmatic public spending and tax cuts driven by Chicago school ideology in this country

Although the incumbant Government (ie Labour) have the first chance to build an alliance to govern, Nick Clegg has gone on record as saying he would try to build any alliance with the party who had the largest presence in the house of commons (ie Tory).

God only knows what is going to happen but I wouldn't bet against us all doing this again before 2011 is finished!

That's roughly what I hear too. I'm not really sure what we're disagreeing about.

I just feel that an NHS with problems is still better than the US model where millions don't even have access to adequate provision. I also feel that the NHS has been allowed to die, and without wanting to sound too lefty, I can't help but think that there are lots of greedy capitlists out there licking their lips at the prospect of all that healthcare provision they can make money out of. I aslo don't imagine we'll see any relative reduction in taxes -what's not spent on the NHS will simply be spent on something else.

People wil simply need to budget separately to account for health insurance. The ordinary man and woman will simply be worse off.

I genuinely wonder if there will be any public sector at all within 50 years. Even the army, like the private American ones, could become a private model.

I maybe an old-fashioned lefty, but I just feel certain services should be left sacrosanct and publicly owned.

Didn't realize I was arguing on this occasion. Just a subject that I actually know something about where there's little doubt that the current encumbants are worse than the alternative. Basically there will be cuts in spending and therefore in the services provided. Under labour they'll decide where the funding goes and what gets ditched. Under the tories it'll be the responsibility of the health care professionals.

Inevitably a bit more complicated than that, but that's essentially where the land lies.

Question of who you want to decide what's best for you, Gordon Brown or your Dr?

Archived