IGNORED

Millen Moving In The Right Direction

Robbored

And what is the subject header for the news story..........PLEASE BUY SEASON TICKETS!!!! - normal sales spin

So by that, do you mean the sales spin is total bollox and Sextone is lieing about negotiations being under way with players for next season?

Or are you just pointing out the obvious?

So by that, do you mean the sales spin is total bollox and Sextone is lieing about negotiations being under way with players for next season?

Or are you just pointing out the obvious?

To be fair to Donald, either Lansdown or Sextone have said virtually every season how important ST sales are. It is an annual statement intended to encourage more fans to cough up.

In fact I think I can remember Doug Harman saying it one season. Not sure about that though.....

I think you are mistaken there. Can you link the article?

Sadly, though the internet has finally reached Plymouth, you have to pay to read the damn thing online. It was a recent interview with Richard Latham. I'll see if I can find any reference to it elsewhere.:fingerscrossed:

Edit

He actually said 8th or 9th so not far out :innocent06:.

Here is where I originally referred to it:

http://www.otib.co.u...ost__p__1359925

To be fair to Donald, either Lansdown or Sextone have said virtually every season how important ST sales are. It is an annual statement intended to encourage more fans to cough up.

In fact I think I can remember Doug Harman saying it one season. Not sure about that though.....

I replied to your statement where you said, you'd be suprised if negotiations weren't already taking place with players for next season.

The quote from Sextone implies that. Which is why i posted it, to confirm you were correct in what you thought. I think Donald read it all wrong...hence my question.

I replied to your statement where you said, you'd be suprised if negotiations weren't already taking place with players for next season.

The quote from Sextone implies that. Which is why i posted it, to confirm you were correct in what you thought. I think Donald read it all wrong...hence my question.

Fairy nuff.

Sadly, though the internet has finally reached Plymouth, you have to pay to read the damn thing online. It was a recent interview with Richard Latham. I'll see if I can find any reference to it elsewhere.:fingerscrossed:

Edit

Fair enough, that's about what I thought. So if we finish middle of the table or maybe just about top half this season, and are in playoff contention next season then I think we are doing fairly well in terms of return on the wage bill invested.

Fair enough, that's about what I thought. So if we finish middle of the table or maybe just about top half this season, and are in playoff contention next season then I think we are doing fairly well in terms of return on the wage bill invested.

You were indeed close and I agree your conclusion. However Colin saw Reading as the role model, whose wage bill is rather lower than ours according to him. I reckon it's perfectly possible to have a better team on a lower budget with the approach Keith has outlined (smaller squad, development group, signings like Adomah and Pitman and Prem loanees etc.).

You were indeed close and I agree your conclusion. However Colin saw Reading as the role model, whose wage bill is rather lower than ours according to him. I reckon it's perfectly possible to have a better team on a lower budget with the approach Keith has outlined (smaller squad, development group, signings like Adomah and Pitman and Prem loanees etc.).

I would tend to agree, but you have to be absolutely spot on in how you identify players and whilst it seems to me Keith Millen has a good eye I don't feel the club has enough of a scouting infrastructure. For all the talk of that under GJ it really was just Pete Johnson and a phone.

Having Steve Wigley helps a great deal I'm sure but much of Reading's success came from signings from Ireland, the non league or lower league and the continent. I reckon our coverage there is weak.

The main thing is we need to be getting players in at 20-24 rather than 25-29, get the contracts right and make sure that if we lose one we're making enough to replace and more on top.

Edit

So actually pretty close to what I said a budget 2/3's of the championship would love.

So actually pretty close to what I said a budget 2/3's of the championship would love.

You said "the envy of many teams in this division, as it always has been"

Being 8th-10th out of 24 doesn't make it the envy of anyone especially when the top ones on parachute money are about double that, and the year before it was £12.1m it was £8.7m and the year before that it was £6.9m.

What you posted was hyperbole.

You said "the envy of many teams in this division, as it always has been"

Being 8th-10th out of 24 doesn't make it the envy of anyone especially when the top ones on parachute money are about double that, and the year before it was £12.1m it was £8.7m and the year before that it was £6.9m.

What you posted was hyperbole.

and you said half of the teams in our league have out spent us in transfers?, link to that please, what with Coppells signings, Millens signings, loan signings and massive signing on fees, I find that very difficult to believe indeed.

If you honestly beleive that your one of those living under a stone,

Loan Signings.......YES.

Perm signings - 3/4 maybe, IF we sale Maynard for a big fee.

Millen has spent money this season, which was needed to keep us in this division this season, but the money train is now at an end,

Unless someone like Caulker is for sale, I think it's unlikely that there will be any big signings before any big outgoings,

The only plus side is that if/when Maynard does go, we have a ready replacement in Pitman, so the Maynard money could go towards other areas of the team.

Now exactly where did I say anything about big out goings?.

and you said half of the teams in our league have out spent us in transfers?, link to that please, what with Coppells signings, Millens signings, loan signings and massive signing on fees, I find that very difficult to believe indeed.

I said about half the clubs, and you can go look yourself on soccerbase and google for the detail.

The uncertainty is down to the number of undisclosed fees and loans but you can easily pick out eight or nine that have outspent us in any case.

Since you can't actually know whether KM is in any way at all responsible for what happened under GJ or SC, or how hard or easy it has been behind the scenes this season, why don't you just give him a genuine clean slate and look at next seasons results before you judge?

I said about half the clubs, and you can go look yourself on soccerbase and google for the detail.

The uncertainty is down to the number of undisclosed fees and loans but you can easily pick out eight or nine that have outspent us in any case.

Since you can't actually know whether KM is in any way at all responsible for what happened under GJ or SC, or how hard or easy it has been behind the scenes this season, why don't you just give him a genuine clean slate and look at next seasons results before you judge?

Ummm, if you read what i've written on this thread I think you will find that is actually what I have said.

But for the record, this is the signings since the summer.

James

Adomah

Williams

Stewart

Hunt

Cisse

Pitman

Stead

2 x Irish lads

Vokes (loan)

Rose (loan)

Caulker (loan)

Woolford

Keogh (loan)

Spence (loan)

16 players signed in one form or another do you really believe that over half the teams in this league can match the outlay that this little lot would have cost, especially given the Premier League credentials of some of them. When you add up the fees, signing on fees, resettlement fees and wages etc. you really believe over half the teams have outspent us?.

Ummm, if you read what i've written on this thread I think you will find that is actually what I have said.

Yes, but it isn't what you've done is it? Look at the point of view you _always_ take in every post on the topic...

16 players signed in one form or another do you really believe that over half the teams in this league can match the outlay that this little lot would have cost, especially given the Premier League credentials of some of them. When you add up the fees, signing on fees, resettlement fees and wages etc. you really believe over half the teams have outspent us?.

I think if you're genuinely interested you can go look up other teams signings can't you?

you didn't? who said you did? what's your point?

or it is just a case of any reason to bash Millen you will jump upon?

sorry I fail to see the connection in Esmond saying we'll still have a decent transfer kitty and pointing out the fact that we have signed 16 players this season perm and loan,

and bashing keef millen...

2+2 = 5

Archived