IGNORED

The Nicky Maynard Thread (Merged)

oldfield

Whilst £2 million is derisory and should be laughed off, my stance on this has considerably changed in the past month.

I was pretty confident that Maynard would sign a new deal, a short term extension with a minimal fee release clause. Almost a 'thank you' to the club for catapulting his career and nuturing him back to fitness.

However now, as time has lapsed, it makes no sense that with clubs {apparently} beginning to show interest he would simply sign a new contract without asking to hear what others are offering. And of course if he does that, and there is a better offer on the table, it is incredibly unlikely that he will commit to the club and hinder his chances of a move.

£2 million isnt enough and will be, if it exists as an offer, rejected. The only way that kind of figure would be accepted is if Maynard makes clear he wants out and there is a huge sell on fee attached.

Let's not kid ourselves, this is out of the clubs hands now. Negotiations, priliminary or whatever they suggest them as, have taken place. Maynard and his agent will be aware of City's 'top line' and whilst it isnt unfeasible to suggest that some of this interest may be self serving, the club will pretty much be waiting to hear what happens.

Would I accept £2 million, absoultely not.

Would I accept £3 million with a 30/40% sell on clause, begrudgingly, perhaps.

Nicky will be gone before the start of the season, i think that's apparent to all now.

For what its worth, i think we still have a competitive strike force without, by i accept just how amazing he is.

The sad fact in all of this are the prices being banded about. Letting Nicky go for £2m would be criminal. He is worth more.

If he doesnt hurry up and sign soon then the club need to put him on the transfer list and start a bidding war! not only that, no 1 is bigger than the club, we have Pitman as a direct replacment! Maynard isnt as important as he thinks he is! lets show him whos boss!!

Not being funny becuase its not funny, but I honestly think Maynard would turn them down if we agreed a deal with Leicester, suuuuurely he has ambitions of Prem footy?, I don't think Leicester can offer much more than us on wages can they?

Would be distraught if Maynard left for another Champ side, a Prem side I might get over but a side we spank nealy every season in this league? no. That'll not sit well.

also in the past skuse was leave because he hasn't signed a contract yet

Elliot was leaving because he hasn't signed a contract yet

James was leaving because he hasn't signed a contract yet (that was jan this year)

Why is it our fans always see the worst in any situation?

I'm sure he have more negitive fans then any other club in the country

If nicky goes he goes if he stays he stays big whoop 1 player deosn't make a team, I seem to remember us getting to a play off final with out a player getting into double figures for goals score,

Infact swansea's top scorer was Pratly this season I thing with 8 league goals

Archived