IGNORED

The Nicky Maynard Thread (Merged)

oldfield

Just looked at the comments on the right of that page and have 2 questions. Who is "Piledriver"? and What is "Nigel9a" smoking? :)

Made I laugh when one of them said "Nicky Maynard we might as well be signing Bill Maynard"

F###ing clueless springs to mind!

Sven: Good morning Keef, I would like to take Nicky Maynard off your hands.

Keef: How much are you offering you Scandinavian stud muffin?.

Sven: Well, he is out of contract at the end of next season, so I was thinking around 1.5m, a bottle of red wine & a night with Nancy.

Keef: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: ..............buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

BCAGFC

27 posts removed and 7 reports to sign off.

I've reopened this thread for people who want to discuss the Maynard situation. Those of you who just want to wave your Willys about can do it elsewhere please.

According to a few of my Leicester City Friends,

Nicky Maynard is in talks with them as of today............

part of me hopes this is true If he was going to sign, I believe he would have by now. Hurry up and get rid of him and at least we know where we stand, and can start preparing for next season with players who actually want to be here

part of me hopes this is true If he was going to sign, I believe he would have by now. Hurry up and get rid of him and at least we know where we stand, and can start preparing for next season with players who actually want to be here

he doesn't have to report back to the club until July 1st so he doesn't have to jack until then,

Nicky will do whats best for Nicky and I doubt he will move unless it was to the prem Liecester is a sideways step at best and to be honest they wouldn't pay him much more then us

I just wish this would resolve itself. I know Nicky doesn't need to do anything until July, but how long does it take to pop down the Gate and sign? In his R8 it would take 5 minutes. My point is, if your heart was 100% there, surely you'd get the deal done? Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, but I've got severe alarm bells ringing.......

Over the past few days I've kinda go used to the fact that he may leave, and to be honest, I dont think it would be a disaster!! I think Stead and Pitman would be great upfront together after having a pre-season. I really, really rate both Pitman and Stead and I hope to god we can keep them both happy.

I just wish this would resolve itself. I know Nicky doesn't need to do anything until July, but how long does it take to pop down the Gate and sign? In his R8 it would take 5 minutes. My point is, if your heart was 100% there, surely you'd get the deal done? Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, but I've got severe alarm bells ringing.......

Over the past few days I've kinda go used to the fact that he may leave, and to be honest, I dont think it would be a disaster!! I think Stead and Pitman would be great upfront together after having a pre-season. I really, really rate both Pitman and Stead and I hope to god we can keep them both happy.

true but I don't think Sexton would of come out and said what he said if Nicky was 100% off,

If we had a bid for him our chairman or manager would of come out and annouced somthing or Adam Baker would of which makes me think its all paper talk and the noises being made by Liecester are only being made to apease there fans as they haven't done much in the market yet,

true but I don't think Sexton would of come out and said what he said if Nicky was 100% off,

If we had a bid for him our chairman or manager would of come out and annouced somthing or Adam Baker would of which makes me think its all paper talk and the noises being made by Liecester are only being made to apease there fans as they haven't done much in the market yet,

Yeah good points. I suppose none of us really know whats going on do we!!! I would just like to know sooner rather than later as I think its better for the club we all love. I know that its different for Nicky.

In a perfect world Nicky would of popped up to the office as soon as the contract was offered like Albert must of done.

Yeah good points. I suppose none of us really know whats going on do we!!! I would just like to know sooner rather than later as I think its better for the club we all love. I know that its different for Nicky.

In a perfect world Nicky would of popped up to the office as soon as the contract was offered like Albert must of done.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2378923,00.html

Offical City reject Maynard bid

Glad to see we rejected bid, would be interesting to know how much they offered....

City can confirm they have rejected an offer for Nicky Maynard from a rival npower Championship club.

Chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club.

"Nicky is an important part of of manager Keith Millen's plans and we do not need to sell him, nor do we wish to."

He added: "Nicky has a year to run on his contract. We have already offered him a new contract and remain confident he will sign."

if hes not going to sign then the sooner he goes the better as it would allow us time to use the money and improve other positions in the team! if he is going to sign then he best hurry up! every day goes by without him signing is another day closer to him leaving if you ask me!!

if hes not going to sign then the sooner he goes the better as it would allow us time to use the money and improve other positions in the team! if he is going to sign then he best hurry up! every day goes by without him signing is another day closer to him leaving if you ask me!!

the noises being made from the club seem to think he is going to sign,

It could also start a bidding war which may well see him leave for a massive fee personally I think he'll sign he hasn't made any indercation that he wants to move nore has he put in a transfer request,

The issue now is, with rumoured interest turning into real, Maynard is going to want to hear what perspective suitors have to say before deciding his future.

The only way I can see him signing a new deal now is if the club panic and chuck more money at him.

I wouldn't pay the slightest bit of notice to 'Nicky wants to stay', 'Nicky is happy here', Nicky is happy here and wants to stay if the club pays him what he/his agent think he is worth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not quite waving a white flag just yet, but being 'happy' and 'wanting to stay' doesn't equal over a month of discussions.

the noises being made from the club seem to think he is going to sign,

It could also start a bidding war which may well see him leave for a massive fee personally I think he'll sign he hasn't made any indercation that he wants to move nore has he put in a transfer request,

This is screaming "either hand in a transfer request or sign a deal". If Nicky wants to leave, the only thing he can do now is hand in a request, in turn, helping the club not take the blame with the old "nothing we can do if he wants to leave" line. In my head, this isnt good news. This and the fact we're being linked with so many strikers.......

I can see Nicky going, Stead and Pitman upfront, with the new signing and Clarkson in reserve. Its all becoming clear..... NICKY WILL BE GONE.

I HOPE I'M WRONG

The issue now is, with rumoured interest turning into real, Maynard is going to want to hear what perspective suitors have to say before deciding his future.

The only way I can see him signing a new deal now is if the club panic and chuck more money at him.

I wouldn't pay the slightest bit of notice to 'Nicky wants to stay', 'Nicky is happy here', Nicky is happy here and wants to stay if the club pays him what he/his agent think he is worth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not quite waving a white flag just yet, but being 'happy' and 'wanting to stay' doesn't equal over a month of discussions.

Exactly - If he was so happy, I think he would have signed by now.

Does anyone else think the club have dropped a bollock by letting it get to a year left? Surely last summer would have been the ideal time to extend his contract? always keeping at least two years on the contract protects your prized asset??

Archived