IGNORED

The Nicky Maynard Thread (Merged)

oldfield

Bottom line is if the club,owners harbour ambition to hit the prem in the shiny new 30000 plus stadium,we have to keep our best players and add quality to it.

unfortunatly this is the way football has gone.

To be honest this will show all us city fans where the club is heading or not.

Interesting couple of weeks.

not really say if a club came in with a 10 million pund bid for him then there is no way the club will refuse it as its value for money,

Every player has a price and I'm not stupid enough to think otherwise its just our valuation of Nicky is alot more then 99% of championship clubs would be willing to spend regardless of how long he has left on his contract

Sven and Leicester hardly ring out excitement to me so I hope to god your post is loaded with sarcasm, but I see not the appropriate smiley to confirm it ....this is the one you needed to finish your post off with Bar BS3 :whistle::whistle:

No sarcasm in there atall actually.

Leicester have a decent squad/team of players already and are willing and able to splash the cash to improve what they already have. They are widely regarded as being in with a genuine shout of a promotion push next season.

Do you think we will finish above them next season? I personally don't, although obviously i hope i am wrong about that!

If we were to finish above them, then i would expect that to result in a top 6 finish.

not really say if a club came in with a 10 million pund bid for him then there is no way the club will refuse it as its value for money,

Every player has a price and I'm not stupid enough to think otherwise its just our valuation of Nicky is alot more then 99% of championship clubs would be willing to spend regardless of how long he has left on his contract

Exactly right!

Bottom Line is, he WON'T be leaving us for another Championship Club this summer. That is 100% FACT, if his new contract goes unsigned then it's more than likely that he's going to stay until January and if we're not in with a chance of play-offs, then he'll be sold.

As mentioned elsewhere, Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle & Sunderland have all been watching for a while, IF and this is a MASSIVE IF a £4m plus offer comes in, one of those 4 will are likely to match it (unaware of any Wigan interest)

Final Point - Maynard's agent, as we know from when we signed Maynard, EVERYTHING goes through his mother and it's unlikely he will be pulling a strop and demanding to move, PLUS we also know from past experience that they do things the right away in terms of talking to clubs ONLY when permission has been granted.

Bottom line. Even if Leicester made an offer, better clubs will match it, Maynard knows that a move to Leicester isn't going progress his career, he's proven at this level and a sideways move is pointless when he knows full well if he continues to score goals like he's done all his career, Decent Premier League team will come knocking.

To the Leicester fans ready - beleive or dismiss this if you want, This isn't a dig at Leicester - These comments would stand regardless of the championship club interested.

if maynard fired us to promotion, and i believe with two or three quality signings, we have a good as chance as the foxes ,why would he want to leave, a full house most weeks at ashton vale what a challenge to nicky.

SL im sure will make the ultimate decision if he goes or stays,as people have said we do not need to move him on money is not a problem under the current owner.

No sarcasm in there atall actually.

Leicester have a decent squad/team of players already and are willing and able to splash the cash to improve what they already have. They are widely regarded as being in with a genuine shout of a promotion push next season.

Do you think we will finish above them next season? I personally don't, although obviously i hope i am wrong about that!

If we were to finish above them, then i would expect that to result in a top 6 finish.

We were dark horses for automatic promotion last season and most pundits bet for the play-offs look what happened there, just because your fav with the bookies and media means jack sh**,

Blackpool were bang on to go down two years ago and they got promotion so were hull,

People are writing off this season before a ball is kicked and make rash judgments in a league the championship where EVERY! team can beat each other is plain moronic,

We have as much chance of promotion along with at least 20 other teams and keeping Nicky is vital,

But the end of the day the club and Sexstone through lansdown will do whats best for the club

Its nice to have a board in place that wants whats best for the club and not after quick fixes and cheap bucks

Bottom Line is, he WON'T be leaving us for another Championship Club this summer. That is 100% FACT, if his new contract goes unsigned then it's more than likely that he's going to stay until January and if we're not in with a chance of play-offs, then he'll be sold.

As mentioned elsewhere, Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle & Sunderland have all been watching for a while, IF and this is a MASSIVE IF a £4m plus offer comes in, one of those 4 will are likely to match it (unaware of any Wigan interest)

Final Point - Maynard's agent, as we know from when we signed Maynard, EVERYTHING goes through his mother and it's unlikely he will be pulling a strop and demanding to move, PLUS we also know from past experience that they do things the right away in terms of talking to clubs ONLY when permission has been granted.

Bottom line. Even if Leicester made an offer, better clubs will match it, Maynard knows that a move to Leicester isn't going progress his career, he's proven at this level and a sideways move is pointless when he knows full well if he continues to score goals like he's done all his career, Decent Premier League team will come knocking.

To the Leicester fans ready - beleive or dismiss this if you want, This isn't a dig at Leicester - These comments would stand regardless of the championship club interested.

No it isn't FACT. If Leicester offered us 50 million or even 10 million, he'd be off.

<br />No it isn't FACT. If Leicester offered us 50 million or even 10 million, he'd be off.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If he doesn't want to go to Leicester they could offer a billion pounds and he wouldn't have to go. If no club that he wants to go to comes in for him he will see out his contract. Players have all the power these days, clubs can only try and get the best deal, if they want to go they generally do and if they dont then they either sign an extension or see out their contracts.

He is not lying. He is simply playing the game..... If he said Maynard can go to leicester - it would weaken us in negiotiations.

He rightly wants to maximize the transfer fee.

Sexstone can't come out and make a Statement on the BCFC website and say 'We won't be selling to another Championship Club' and then do so. No one would ever believe anything he said ever again.

I can understand 'playing the game'...but you can't make those sort of Statements without keeping to them.

If BCFC were happy to sell to another Club in this league, they would come out and say so... as long as the money is right.

Sexstone can't come out and make a Statement on the BCFC website and say 'We won't be selling to another Championship Club' and then do so. No one would ever believe anything he said ever again.

I can understand 'playing the game'...but you can't make those sort of Statements without keeping to them.

If BCFC were happy to sell to another Club in this league, they would come out and say so... as long as the money is right.

to be fair if we were interested the club wouldn't of said anything we don't tend to do our busieness in the media,

the point you make about colin is also right

No it isn't FACT. If Leicester offered us 50 million or even 10 million, he'd be off.

ok, I should have been clear.

In the REAL WORLD he won't be going to another championship club.

Like wise in the REAL world, no club will be offering £10m-£50m.

prats.

I remember a similar situation with Shaun Goater who was not only sold to a side in the same division for 400k but they went on to be relegated!!

THE DIFFERENCE IS, at that time we did not have a multi-milllionaire benefactor with ambition to see a team, a club and a ground built to represent the West of England at the highest level.

I hope Nicky doesnt want to go to Leicester and why would he, the boy himself knows that if he continues to play well he will end up in the Premier league with or without us and a move to Leicester is not likely to offer any greater chance of promotion than with us as long as KM and SW can keep the players we need and get in the ones we require.

My instinct is NM will stall a little longer on signing a new contract just to make sure the club do bring in the calibre of player to get us close to the top six/two!!

KM over to you

prats.

yea but leicester have 8 gazillion pounds to spend in the transfer market and can attact messi ronaldo and rooney because they are the biggest club on the plaent and have swen in charge,

You would think that reading the thread on their site :laughcont:

We would snap someones hand off if they offered 10 million we all know that but like you said in the real world that won't happen

prats.

the prat is the one who claimed something to be a fact, when it clearly was not.

Leicester wont pay 10m - but if they offered 5m, he'd be off - despite your so-called facts

I don't understand why people are writing off Leicester and saying we have the same chance of promotion as them?! I mean seriously?!

They have a world class manager, have attracted the likes of Yakubu and Chris Kirkland down to the championship and on that basis can definately blow us out of the water in terms of wages(through there own recklessness as much as anything else)

I think they'll be challenging next season, they're going to spend big this season in a Cardiff like bid to reach the Prem... The difference is they have a world class manager and not Dave Jones!

Just picked this up on not606,apparantly the offer was from forest.

someone seems to think it was forest in with the offer.

I'm reliably informed the offer was from Forest not Leicester!

So all the Leicester fans giving it large are gonna be disappointed.

I don't understand why people are writing off Leicester and saying we have the same chance of promotion as them?! I mean seriously?!

They have a world class manager, have attracted the likes of Yakubu and Chris Kirkland down to the championship and on that basis can definately blow us out of the water in terms of wages(through there own recklessness as much as anything else)

I think they'll be challenging next season, they're going to spend big this season in a Cardiff like bid to reach the Prem... The difference is they have a world class manager and not Dave Jones!

In all fairness though as has been said time and time again can ANYONE realistically predict who the front runners are going to be next season? Baring the obvious West Ham i really dont have the foggiest what other clubs are going to be up there. With a few additions and a good start we have as good a chance as any..

And Sven word class? I seriously beg to differ on that one.

the prat is the one who claimed something to be a fact, when it clearly was not.

Leicester wont pay 10m - but if they offered 5m, he'd be off - despite your so-called facts

You really are a pedantic little jerk aren't you?

The point I'm making that your clearly missing is that, if a club such as Leicester come calling with a big offer that was accepted, there are a number of OTHER clubs in a better position (i.e Premier League) that would come along and WILL match the offer.

Which takes me back to the point that......He won't be going to another championship club.

Bottom line is if the club,owners harbour ambition to hit the prem in the shiny new 30000 plus stadium,we have to keep our best players and add quality to it.

unfortunatly this is the way football has gone.

To be honest this will show all us city fans where the club is heading or not.

Interesting couple of weeks.

How do you propose to finance it though, given Financial Fair Play regulations in the pipeline? Wages have to come down, losses have to come down. Also this is not always the way- Udinese finished 4th last year on gates of 17,500.

Leicester haven't signed anyone yet. They are reported to have 12 players on their target list, they have made an offer for Schmeichal which has been accepted and are rumoured to be talking to a load of other strikers -incuding Yakubu!

You really are a pedantic little jerk aren't you?

The point I'm making that your clearly missing is that, if a club such as Leicester come calling with a big offer that was accepted, there are a number of OTHER clubs in a better position (i.e Premier League) that would come along and WILL match the offer.

Which takes me back to the point that......He won't be going to another championship club.

Well when you starting saying 100% fact when it clearly is not - you make yourself look silly.

I'm sure that a prem club would come in - but how do YOU know for a FACT they will?

JERK!

Archived