IGNORED

The Nicky Maynard Thread (Merged)

oldfield

In all fairness though as has been said time and time again can ANYONE realistically predict who the front runners are going to be next season? Baring the obvious West Ham i really dont have the foggiest what other clubs are going to be up there. With a few additions and a good start we have as good a chance as any..

And Sven word class? I seriously beg to differ on that one.

Wouldn't say he's world class but a very decent manager all the same, easily good enough for this level no doubt.

Well when you starting saying 100% fact when it clearly is not - you make yourself look silly.

I'm sure that a prem club would come in - but how do YOU know for a FACT they will?

JERK!

The vast majority of people know where I'm coming from and understand my point, it's just who who is as pedantic as ever to everyone and anyone, but that's getting away from the point.

There is a number of Premier League clubs interested in him that have been mentioned. If they found out he was moving they would be in like a shot.

It's a similar situation to Alex Ferguson has mentioned in the past alot when signing players, they have a player they are watching for a while and know they want him but are happy to let him progress further at his current club, however when they get news that other clubs are making a move for him, they make sure they get him even if a bit earlier than they wanted, that is the situation I believe is happening with Maynard. Obviously not Man U, but the example is the same.

The guy has won 17 major titles in his career. All across Europe. If you want to ignore his success throughout his career because of the tabloid clamour to defame him then that's fine.

100 % +1

Look what happened to England when he was sacked/resigned.

He did amazing at Lazio

Easily good enough for this level !

Didnt he apply for the City job just before we employed Coppell as manager, but he didnt look a very reliable option as he had just left Notts County after a couple of months, maybe would have been a better option looking at it now? Although i admit i did want coppell!

But one things for sure he is a top manager!

Leicester haven't signed anyone yet. They are reported to have 12 players on their target list, they have made an offer for Schmeichal which has been accepted and are rumoured to be talking to a load of other strikers -incuding Yakubu!

Yakubu turned them down because he didn't want to drop to the Championship. Nugent is a possibility though.

The guy has won 17 major titles in his career. All across Europe. If you want to ignore his success throughout his career because of the tabloid clamour to defame him then that's fine.

He hasn't won anything at all in the last 11 years. Apart from a friendly tournament.

I thought he was fine as England manager by and large, but since then he's moved from one failure to another.

Yakubu turned them down because he didn't want to drop to the Championship. Nugent is a possibility though.

Yakubu's not turned them down yet apparently, but also Everton want at least £3m and that is also a sticking point.

Maybe this is all smoke and mirrors and a double bluff to make Yakubu and Everton think that Leicester have other irons in the fire.

Glad to see we rejected bid, would be interesting to know how much they offered....

City can confirm they have rejected an offer for Nicky Maynard from a rival npower Championship club.

Chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club.

"Nicky is an important part of of manager Keith Millen's plans and we do not need to sell him, nor do we wish to."

He added: "Nicky has a year to run on his contract. We have already offered him a new contract and remain confident he will sign."

Anyone notice the changes? :unsure:

Chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not wish to sell to another Championship club.

"Nicky is an important part of of manager Keith Millen's plans and we do not need to sell him, nor do we wish to."

He added: "Nicky has a year to run on his contract. We have already offered him a new contract and remain hopeful he will sign."

Chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not wish to sell to another Championship club.

He added: "Nicky has a year to run on his contract. We have already offered him a new contract and remain hopeful he will sign."

Well spotted!!! something has changed in the last few hours.

The wording from sexstone, earlier he was 'confident' nicky will sign when i copied & paste but has now been changed to hopeful he will sign.

maybe it's me reading too much into it but why the change of wording?

It is also changed the part where it said we WILL not sell to another Championship club to we do not wish to sell.

Why would we sell and why would NM want to go to another championship club. Best case scenario for club and NM.

He signs a new contract,scores 10 goals by Christmas. January window opens and a couple of clubs are struggling for goals in the Prem.Panic sign NM for way over the odds, say for £8m. Everyone's a winner.

the key here, and the message to the clubs, is we WILL sell to a Premier League side.

ie

NM gets what he wants

We get more money

We dont strengthen our rivals.

A very positive negative use of words, designed to be clear...come and get him if you are in the Premier League.

<br />the prat is the one who claimed something to be a fact, when it clearly was not.<br /><br />Leicester wont pay 10m - but if they offered 5m, he'd be off - despite your so-called facts

If he signs a new contract with us ( which to me looks like it could well happen)then he wont go anywhere for 5 million. A new contract signed = 10 million at least.

SL wont sell him for less than 7.5 even if he doesnt sign imo.

If he signs a new contract with us ( which to me looks like it could well happen)then he wont go anywhere for 5 million. A new contract signed = 10 million at least.

SL wont sell him for less than 7.5 even if he doesnt sign imo.

Thats a big if. If Maynard does want the move, he wont sign a contract.

Not wishing to is not exactly "we wont" is it? I still think that if Leciester offer the correct amount of money he will be off!!!!

Not wishing to is not exactly "we wont" is it? I still think that if Leciester offer the correct amount of money he will be off!!!!

No No No and another No Way!! Just For Luck Why the hell would Nicky Maynard go to another championship club..........he is a Premier League player in waiting.....if he leaves City (probably in January, dependent on our league position) it will be to the Premier League........Leicester can't afford him, and why would an ambitious footballer go to Leicester City.........I will eat a large ten Gallon Hat followed by a Homburg for dessert if he goes to a Championship rival !!

well they obviously dont mean exactly the same thing but what im trying to say is that in this situation i wouldnt look into the change of words too much!

it's pretty significant that they feel the need to change the wording from "won't" to "don't wish"

If we can get a good price from Leicester, then we should sell him to them. If we can create a bidding war, then we should sell to highest bidder if its acceptable. If we don't get an acceptable bid then we should keep him. Would rather get the value of his goals than lose him for a fee that holds no benefits to us.

Exactly - If he was so happy, I think he would have signed by now.

Does anyone else think the club have dropped a bollock by letting it get to a year left? Surely last summer would have been the ideal time to extend his contract? always keeping at least two years on the contract protects your prized asset??

I was surprised we didn't offer him a new deal directly after the season had finished as well. Once he'd sustained his injury it was not surprising but if we were considering it you'd have thought we'd have made an offer well before then so we must have been happy with the situation as it was. I can't see him signing a new deal now and I'd certainly take anything £4m upwards. That's a lot of money to reinvest in other areas of the squad and for once even if we did lose our top striker we'd still be left with a pretty decent partnership in Pitman and Stead. It certainly wouldn't be the end of the world of Nicky went, which I'd imagine he will...

Archived