IGNORED

The Nicky Maynard Thread (Merged)

oldfield

You are aware that SL has stepped down as our chairman, aren't you?!

Sounds a bit silly to be on their forum, gloating about how rich our chairman is, when our chairman is now Colin Sexstone, and we have to make significant inroads into the amount of money that we are loosing on an annual basis!

Leicester are clearly just testing the water and DO have plenty of money to splash, should they be serious about signing NM.

I agree with what their fans are saying tbh. If they really want him, then they will get him. Providing he is happy to move there.

The only question is, how much we can squeeze out of them before it becomes a final offer.

Unless of course, NM has given a sound indication to someone at the top that he does intend to sign the new deal that is on the table from us.

Money talks and Leicester have more of it to throw around than we do.

I call it 'dillusional'

"Bristol havent got the history,Probably true. training ground,Our training facilities are decent, but wouldn't surprise me if Leicester had better. stadium,True. fan base,on a game by game basis this is probably true. ambition,I would question that they are more ambitious than us. money,True. attraction ?? lets face it, Leicester is a sh*thole, so i dont agree with that.that we have. I would say Bristol city are only slightly bigger then Bristol Rovers. Ridiculous comment, but im sure it's only meant as banter and to wind you up! So god knows how you think its a sideways move. "

WTF? :laughcont: :laughcont: :laughcont:

I wouldn't say they are dillusional atall. Must be quite an exciting time to be a fox's fan.

You are aware that SL has stepped down as our chairman, aren't you?!

Sounds a bit silly to be on their forum, gloating about how rich our chairman is, when our chairman is now Colin Sexstone, and we have to make significant inroads into the amount of money that we are loosing on an annual basis!

Leicester are clearly just testing the water and DO have plenty of money to splash, should they be serious about signing NM.

I agree with what their fans are saying tbh. If they really want him, then they will get him. Providing he is happy to move there.

The only question is, how much we can squeeze out of them before it becomes a final offer.

Unless of course, NM has given a sound indication to someone at the top that he does intend to sign the new deal that is on the table from us.

Money talks and Leicester have more of it to throw around than we do.

CS is not the money man,just the front man,SL is the money man, and Im sure will decide who goes and who comes money wise,

The impression they are sending out is we need to take what is offered,clearly unless maynard goes to the Premier League we should keep hold of him,play him,if he is doing well,January 2012 would be the time to move him on for the figure being banded around,if he does not perform then no one would want him,win win situation.

However I really think Brett Pitman can fill Maynards boots for us.

I wouldn't say they are dillusional atall. Must be quite an exciting time to be a fox's fan.

Sven and Leicester hardly ring out excitement to me so I hope to god your post is loaded with sarcasm, but I see not the appropriate smiley to confirm it ....this is the one you needed to finish your post off with Bar BS3 :whistle::whistle:

They really seem to think that Maynard is going to push for a transfer to them? Obviously with Sven and their investors they will be one of the contenders next season, but I see no point at all in him leaving for another club in this division it'd just be a sideways step, no matter how much Leicester fans with their 'massive club' mentality disagree. They sound like Forest fans on their forum.

protecting the value of your better players is not hindsight.

We are now in weak position to negiotiate.

I am really not that worried though to be honest - we've got Brett Pitman, who looks a decent goalscorer.

Just hope maynard does not leave for nothing next summer - that would be the worst case scenario.

But my point is we may have asked him about a new contract last summer and he said not interested until end of the season. If so we may have tried to sell him but for an inflated amount 8 million plus. The trouble is you need someone to pay that and obviously they didn't. No one would have been happy selling him for 4 or 5 million last summer (the price that people are talking about now) in case he didn't sign a new contract at the end of the 2010-11 season. At that time we were 'definitely' getting promoted with Coppell and DJ don't forget. Some ambition selling your best player! If he hadn't been injured we could easily have sold him in jan for a good price but obviously no one would look at him...

Its just a willy measuring competetion on that board it seems, my club have been in the prem longer than your club, we have a bigger stadium etc . All the usual bollox you get from your washed up ex top flight clubs in this league, nothing new..

Not a chance he will go there, they have no better chance than us to go up next year. This league is so un-predictable you never know who will be up there come the end of the season. Add to that the fact that we have offered him what something like 17k a week in the new deal?

It will be the Prem or staying with us, sorry to piss on the the fire of are asians friends in the midlands.

A few things the Leicester fans ought to consider:

- We don't need to sell.

- Our owner has as much cash as their consortium of owners.

- Maynard has no release clause in his contract and if he did it would be for a Premier League club.

- If we wanted to sell him because he wouldn't sign a new deal, we would sell him to a Prem club.

- You should look towards Cardiff for an example of why not to get all billy big bollocks because you found some foreigners to throw money at you.

If Nicky doesn't sign it's very unlikely he will be going to Leicester. Be more like Fulham, Wigan, Blackburn.

Its just a willy measuring competetion on that board it seems, my club have been in the prem longer than your club, we have a bigger stadium etc . All the usual bollox you get from your washed up ex top flight clubs in this league, nothing new..

Not a chance he will go there, they have no better chance than us to go up next year. This league is so un-predictable you never know who will be up there come the end of the season. Add to that the fact that we have offered him what something like 17k a week in the new deal?

It will be the Prem or staying with us, sorry to piss on the the fire of are asians friends in the midlands.

Errr don't we do that to Rovers?

They really seem to think that Maynard is going to push for a transfer to them? Obviously with Sven and their investors they will be one of the contenders next season, but I see no point at all in him leaving for another club in this division it'd just be a sideways step, no matter how much Leicester fans with their 'massive club' mentality disagree. They sound like Forest fans on their forum.

I think we need to post a few quotes from the man SL and CS to reiterate that BCFC can and will turn down any offer from anyone. We aint no selling club for a kick off, not anymore. The days of us selling our top striker at the end of each season are gone.

Whats encouuraging is that the all seem to rate him, thats not in dispute so If they are serious then make us an offer can cant refuse...which would be ? ....Hmm 15 - 20m might open discussion, but NM would laugh in their face I imagine.

I think we need to post a few quotes from the man SL and CS to reiterate that BCFC can and will turn down any offer from anyone. We aint no selling club for a kick off, not anymore. The days of us selling our top striker at the end of each season are gone.

Whats encouuraging is that the all seem to rate him, thats not in dispute so If they are serious then make us an offer can cant refuse...which would be ? ....Hmm 15 - 20m might open discussion, but NM would laugh in their face I imagine.

Do you really believe that? 6 million plus and he is gone IMHO. Hope I'm wrong obviously...

Chairman Colin Sexstone told bcfc.co.uk: "We are not in the business of selling our best players and we would certainly not sell to another Championship club.

I love how some of the Leicester fans see this as a challenge? We all know CS would not lie to us in that respect, and that Maynard will only be leaving to a Premier league club if he does go.

I really hope we haven't offered him that kind of money. That's mad money for a club like ours.

Yeah but if other clubs are willing to pay that per week then that unfortunately is the going rate, and if we have any chance of holding onto him then we have to try and get very near that,

I personally think we maybe are getting to the stage if that kind of money is being offered that we have to walk away and resign ourselves to the fact that he is going, and try and get the best deal possible from here on in.......if maynards heart is elsewhere then we may get into a difficult situation where the club may be held to ransom by the player and have to take a cheaper fee, especially if he has said to keith and Colin he wants to leave and his head has been turned elsewhere......if this is the case i reckon we may not see more than 3.5-4m, and with our current finances cant see much of it being pumped into transfer kitty!!

That's the point I was going to make, we had the arrival of Coppell at the time people are suggesting we should have extended Maynard's contract. I don't have much faith that he did anything much while he was here except bring a few players in that on the whole we could have done without.

It would be quite nice if we can tell whoever it is to look elsewhere, other clubs do it and we've had it said to us often enough.

I doubt if Colin S would want one of the first things he does as Chairman is to sell Maynard.

Yeah but if other clubs are willing to pay that per week then that unfortunately is the going rate, and if we have any chance of holding onto him then we have to try and get very near that,

I personally think we maybe are getting to the stage if that kind of money is being offered that we have to walk away and resign ourselves to the fact that he is going, and try and get the best deal possible from here on in.......if maynards heart is elsewhere then we may get into a difficult situation where the club may be held to ransom by the player and have to take a cheaper fee, especially if he has said to keith and Colin he wants to leave and his head has been turned elsewhere......if this is the case i reckon we may not see more than 3.5-4m, and with our current finances cant see much of it being pumped into transfer kitty!!

That will be the problem, if he rejects new contract and it is public knowledge (I assume his agent would tell other clubs so it would become public) then we will have to accept around 3 million from anyone who will pay it. I'd hope he would at least sign a 1 year extension with a min fee + prem league clause so we could get £6 million-ish from a Fulham type club but we all know what footballers are like...

our finances aren't going to get better until the ground is built the club know this and lansdown is happy to cover it as long as we are seen to be getting value for money,

We're not going to go into administration anytime soon and while Jon Lansdown is on the board Steve will still pump money into the club so to say we're going to sell because of finances and not re-invest is a complete non starter

our finances aren't going to get better until the ground is built the club know this and lansdown is happy to cover it as long as we are seen to be getting value for money,

We're not going to go into administration anytime soon and while Jon Lansdown is on the board Steve will still pump money into the club so to say we're going to sell because of finances and not re-invest is a complete non starter

and if you believe that you believe anything.....

how much would you think the club owes Steve Lansdown out of interest?

I really hope we haven't offered him that kind of money. That's mad money for a club like ours.

I don't think so... Yes in theory...it's immoral. But by Championship Standards, that what you have to pay for a quality striker if you have any ambition.

Would you rather have Maynard earning that...using Sproules and someone else's wages to provide it, or all three on board on lower wages?

I'd prefer the former.

He won't be going to Leicester unless Sexton is lying.

He quotes that 'will not be selling Maynard to another Championship Club'... end off then?

He is not lying. He is simply playing the game..... If he said Maynard can go to leicester - it would weaken us in negiotiations.

He rightly wants to maximize the transfer fee.

He is not lying. He is simply playing the game..... If he said Maynard can go to leicester - it would weaken us in negiotiations.

He rightly wants to maximize the transfer fee.

Thankyou, someone who is on same wavelength......it is all about the starting position

Bottom line is if the club,owners harbour ambition to hit the prem in the shiny new 30000 plus stadium,we have to keep our best players and add quality to it.

unfortunatly this is the way football has gone.

To be honest this will show all us city fans where the club is heading or not.

Interesting couple of weeks.

A few things the Leicester fans ought to consider:

- We don't need to sell.

- Our owner has as much cash as their consortium of owners.

- Maynard has no release clause in his contract and if he did it would be for a Premier League club.

- If we wanted to sell him because he wouldn't sign a new deal, we would sell him to a Prem club.

- You should look towards Cardiff for an example of why not to get all billy big bollocks because you found some foreigners to throw money at you.

If Nicky doesn't sign it's very unlikely he will be going to Leicester. Be more like Fulham, Wigan, Blackburn.

Indeed. and it looks like you have also got a mention on their forum.

Bottom Line is, he WON'T be leaving us for another Championship Club this summer. That is 100% FACT, if his new contract goes unsigned then it's more than likely that he's going to stay until January and if we're not in with a chance of play-offs, then he'll be sold.

As mentioned elsewhere, Fulham, Blackburn, Newcastle & Sunderland have all been watching for a while, IF and this is a MASSIVE IF a £4m plus offer comes in, one of those 4 will are likely to match it (unaware of any Wigan interest)

Final Point - Maynard's agent, as we know from when we signed Maynard, EVERYTHING goes through his mother and it's unlikely he will be pulling a strop and demanding to move, PLUS we also know from past experience that they do things the right away in terms of talking to clubs ONLY when permission has been granted.

Bottom line. Even if Leicester made an offer, better clubs will match it, Maynard knows that a move to Leicester isn't going progress his career, he's proven at this level and a sideways move is pointless when he knows full well if he continues to score goals like he's done all his career, Decent Premier League team will come knocking.

To the Leicester fans ready - beleive or dismiss this if you want, This isn't a dig at Leicester - These comments would stand regardless of the championship club interested.

Archived