IGNORED

The Nicky Maynard Thread (Merged)

oldfield

Absolutely no way the club will let him go for 2 million!!!

It has to be 4 at least and even then that is a bargain. Maynard offer at City has been on the table for a few weeks now so it it obvious that he is either looking for a better deal or to get away.

Bummer because as good as Pitman and Stead are both are nowhere near in the class of Maynard!!!

If nicky goes he goes if he stays he stays big whoop 1 player deosn't make a team, I seem to remember us getting to a play off final with out a player getting into double figures for goals score,

Infact swansea's top scorer was Pratly this season I thing with 8 league goals

Apart from Sinclair who got 22?

A 2m bid from Leicester is letting City and Maynnards agent know of their interest, nothing more.Its not a serious bid. If Maynard himself shows even the slightest interest then they would at least double that, probably in instalments. The problem with any potential transfer is when the player wants to move. Its harder then to get top value for money.

Millen has said many times that Maynard is happy at City and it would be very surprising if he would want to move to another Championship outfit. That said, with another club knocking on the door his bargaining power with City becomes greater with his negotiations over signing a new deal.

So why have we jumped in with a higher offer for another striker !

Exclusive: Lions deal for Ryan Taylor collapses

Thursday, 16 June 2011

MILLWALL'S deal for Rotherham's Ryan Taylor has fallen through - after Bristol City upped their offer to the striker.

Taylor, 23, was due to arrive at The Den this morning to complete his switch to South London.

But City have increased the personal terms they are prepared to offer the forward and are now expected to conclude a deal.

Don't miss tomorrow's South London Press for the full story.

So why have we jumped in with a higher offer for another striker !

Exclusive: Lions deal for Ryan Taylor collapses

Thursday, 16 June 2011

MILLWALL'S deal for Rotherham's Ryan Taylor has fallen through - after Bristol City upped their offer to the striker.

Taylor, 23, was due to arrive at The Den this morning to complete his switch to South London.

But City have increased the personal terms they are prepared to offer the forward and are now expected to conclude a deal.

Don't miss tomorrow's South London Press for the full story.

Understudy to Stead, not a Maynard replacement

Ok, so £2m is a crap offer, but if Maynard really wants out then we have to take it. Nothing goes to Crewe, so we keep all the money - I get that we lose money on what we paid, but it's still better than getting **** all next summer or less in January

Pitman is already in place, and I get the feeling that he will score a lot of goals with a decent run, so no need to rush out and blow it all on a replacement, instead it can be used to get the left back and creative midfielder we're crying out for - maybe we can get an upcoming striker in on loan through Wigley?

So, we do the deal eventually at £2.5m plus add ons, and include a 20% profit clause on his next move - does that mean we get profit from £2.51m or profit from anything that the add ons have included - does that make sense??

I'm pretty certain that Maynard wants to go, so let him and lets move on. Like it or lump it, Leicester are a bigger club than us, have Sven and will pay him more money. I can see the attraction. My days of worrying when a 'star' is sold is long gone - someone will come along and replace him, then they will go etc etc etc

Anything under £5m should be laughed at. And so should anything from the Daily Star which is basically a comic book that grown ups should use for chip wrappers and no more.

If Maynard chooses not to sign there will be interest from a number of clubs particularly as the transfer window nears its end.

Shit, remember we initially offered £1.5m for him and ended up paying £2.25m after we cocked up two other transfers - it'll be no different for other clubs.

We don't have to sell you know, and if Maynard decides he wants to leave his agent will be told the price that will have to be met.

Anything under £5m should be laughed at. And so should anything from the Daily Star which is basically a comic book that grown ups should use for chip wrappers and no more.

If Maynard chooses not to sign there will be interest from a number of clubs particularly as the transfer window nears its end.

Shit, remember we initially offered £1.5m for him and ended up paying £2.25m after we cocked up two other transfers - it'll be no different for other clubs.

We don't have to sell you know, and if Maynard decides he wants to leave his agent will be told the price that will have to be met.

Correct.

The club either plays it safe and flogs him for cheap this summer to recoup some funds or it takes a calculated risk and keeps him in the hope that his goals this coming season could be worth more than 2 million. I don't think Nicky's the type of player to moan if he's told to stay so I hope the club goes for the latter...

Said all along that we would be lucky to get our money back...

Sad but thats the way it is with purchased starlets - especialy if you pay 2.2m for them in first place!

Anyone expecting more than this under these circumstances is in dreamland!

Thanks for putting us straight on the current Starlets market forces! "Purchased Starlets" what are we going to do?.........hang him on a Xmas Tree. Nicky Maynard is a Star...and will end up in the Premier League for a minimum of £4Mill, he is in the top 2 or 3 young English strikers not playing in the Prem , and with the new Budgetary Rules coming into force, they are at a Premium. He is an exceptional talent, and the purported bid by the Swedish baldy man of £2M is beneath contempt.

Why is everyone so convinced that the sell on-clause is on profit? I'm only asking as someone posted a link to this on the 'Maynard to Norwich' thread ...

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Crewe-Alex-Gradi-cautious-Maynard-windfall/story-12577413-detail/story.html

If this is true (I've no idea personally, if it is), then it suggests that the sell-on clause is 20% of the total! If it was just on profit, would this article not state that Crewe would be in for a £400,000 windfall rather than £1m? I'm not suggesting that the reporter here is correct, but has anyone seen any evidence to suggest that it is on profit?

Anything less than 5 million should be chucked out,keep him make him honour his contract,get into playoffs,get promotion he will stay.if he does not perform nobody would want him anyway catch 22.

How many decried my comments last season regards maynard wanting out,the guy wants to go to the prem,we would all want too if we were good enough, it is natural progression for any player to get to the highest standard possible.

But lets make sure he does it with city, if the club wants to keep players like maynard, they have to show real ambition, and drive for top players to stay..

2 million should not buy his left leg.

Anything less than 5 million should be chucked out,keep him make him honour his contract,get into playoffs,get promotion he will stay.if he does not perform nobody would want him anyway catch 22.

How many decried my comments last season regards maynard wanting out,the guys wants to go to the prem,we would all want to if we were good enough, it is natural progression for any player to get to the highest standard possible.

but let make sure he does it with city if the club wants to keep players like maynard they have to show real ambition and drive for top players to stay..

In two minds about this. As I said on another thread, one club in particular, Udinese have shown you can progress and reach Europe by selling your best players and consistently building and replenishing thanks mostly to a fantastic scouting network, albeit it has been a work in progress for about 20-25 years with lots of ups and downs. They have pretty decent finances though and play some great football. Would we have the patience for this model though? Still, selling our best striker may be a backward step but the finances are dire- something to bear in mind with FFP.

£2m is derisory though- we signed him for £2.25m and he has undoubtedly progressed since joining us, we stood by him when injured most of last year.

Why is everyone so convinced that the sell on-clause is on profit? I'm only asking as someone posted a link to this on the 'Maynard to Norwich' thread ...

http://www.thisissta...tail/story.html

If this is true (I've no idea personally, if it is), then it suggests that the sell-on clause is 20% of the total! If it was just on profit, would this article not state that Crewe would be in for a £400,000 windfall rather than £1m? I'm not suggesting that the reporter here is correct, but has anyone seen any evidence to suggest that it is on profit?

Sell-on clauses are always based on profit. There would be no point to them otherwise.

Keith said last season that thanks to Steve we could afford to turn down any offer if we were minded to so I do not see us settling for such a derisory figure. Set him a deadline by which we need a decision (we don't want him walking out at the last minute and leaving us in the lurch) and take it from there.:fingerscrossed:

You'd like to think after getting paid a lot of money last season while injured then missing the last few games with a stupid red card (and how gutted he said he was), he'd have in the back of his mind that he actually owes the club something

Always comes across as a decent, honest bloke and providing his agent hasn't brainwashed him too much with £ signs we might be surprised - maybe I'm being stupidly optimistic though!

Archived