IGNORED

The Nicky Maynard Thread (Merged)

oldfield

yea but your an idiot,

Do you really believe our board and owner would turn down over 6 million for a player they think is going to walk away for free? if you do then your a moron

So if Maynard is no closer to signing a contract, how long do we allow the situation to drag on?, especially without knowing what his intentions are, if his form dosen't improve do we still play him because his name is Maynard?. Fireman Sam has a point we looked after him even after a self inflicted non football injury and the least the club and the fans deserve an idea of what his intentions are.

yea but your an idiot,

Do you really believe our board and owner would turn down over 6 million for a player they think is going to walk away for free? if you do then your a moron

With all the mistakes this board have made

Yes I do!!!!

AND NOW ITS TO LATE

MAYNARD AND HIS MUM WILL NOW S**T ON CITY AND GO ON A BOSMAN

Crewe must be gutted as well because of the sell on.

I don't disagree with any of this - in many ways I'm as disappointed Maynard remains a City player as any Leicester fans who were getting excited by his prospective arrival. It was time for closure on the whole business so we could reunite as a club rather than be obsessed with one player.

I've never rated Beckford however and Maynard is definitely in a different class.

I don't see Maynard being the difference to BCFC staying up or not - we have Brett Pitman, a young, improving Championship goalscorer champing at the bit for a regular place. His progress at City will now continue to be thwarted, and it's not clear how long he will accept that situation. With this in mind NM was not indispensable and the bigger picture could see us losing both players.

The Leicester offer, whilst not matching the valuation of the club, or indeed most of the fans in an ideal selling situation, was obviously the best we got, so should have been given very serious consideration rather than the blustering response of outright refusal to sell to a Championship club. We are fairly certain Maynard hankers after, and has set his sights on, PL football but we don't actually know what Maynard's personal thoughts on a move to Leicester were or whether he would have dismissed them as totally as BCFC.

To my mind City haven't thought this through well at all, and we will certainly come to curse their stubbornness if we end up losing out on 6m

This is a stupid comment. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. And I can't believe you think that you have thought it through more than the entire board and manager. Ridiculous.

Brett Pitman is lazy, just look at his workrate, he could NEVER play as a loan striker....lazy...lazy...lazy....moody player.

The NM situation is not ideal but at least (hopefully) he will score enough goals to keep us up.

Looks like some of the people on here don't watch closely what players do......lazy....lazy....lazy.

BCAGFC

Brett Pitman is lazy, just look at his workrate, he could NEVER play as a loan striker....lazy...lazy...lazy....moody player.

The NM situation is not ideal but at least (hopefully) he will score enough goals to keep us up.

Looks like some of the people on here don't watch closely what players do......lazy....lazy....lazy.

BCAGFC

We have 2 top quality strikers and we do not play to either of their strengths and I am prepared to be proved wrong and hopefully I will be but I suspect if we play 4-5-1 Maynard will not score 20 goals unless our midfield is improved.

KM is now saying on Radio Bristol that Maynard is NO CLOSER to signing a contract!

Presuming this is true, and not questioning you it's just I haven't heard as such, I'm beyond confused.

The club offered a contract, Maynard stalled. He stalled, it appeared, in the hope a top flight club would come in for him, which didn't happen.

There must be a level of communication, a mutual understanding, beyond the simplicities of 'is he here' or 'has he signed a contract'. The club must have known for some time Maynard's position, whatever that may be. So how can we be in a place now where the club have refused offers, he hasn't left, yet he 's no closer to signing a deal, it doesn't make sense on any level.

He had an offer on the table which, if it were not acceptable on the presumption he was still at the club on the 1st, he would have surely communicated to the club. At which point they would either offer better terms or be significantly more inclined to accept any offers.

I refuse to believe that the club has offered a deal, Maynard has simply said 'I'll think on it', and the club have let the situation drift.

Presuming Millen has said as stated above and Maynard is no closer to signing a deal, I am absolutely baffled.

We have 2 top quality strikers and we do not play to either of their strengths and I am prepared to be proved wrong and hopefully I will be but I suspect if we play 4-5-1 Maynard will not score 20 goals unless our midfield is improved.

We have to play 451 due to the utter ineptitude of our defence but mainly midfield........we really do need that clear out at the end of this season.....it can;t come quick enough really.

Stead can play the lone role but with that type of striker it tends to be a lump up the field and then hope to pick up the pieces,......at least with a smaller striker it should be fed into feet or into channels for the striker to run into (or huff into in Pitman's case). :laughcont:

We have a decent strike force (even Pitman can do a job) and they all have decent qualities but they do need help/supply.

BCAGFC

So if Maynard is no closer to signing a contract, how long do we allow the situation to drag on?, especially without knowing what his intentions are, if his form dosen't improve do we still play him because his name is Maynard?. Fireman Sam has a point we looked after him even after a self inflicted non football injury and the least the club and the fans deserve an idea of what his intentions are.

What power do you think the club has in this situation?

The only thing the club can do, is not play him.

If he doesnt want to move, he doesnt have to

If he doesnt want to sign with us he doesnt have to

And to be fair .. we looked after him, because he was contracted to us as a player.

We could have offered him a new contract whilst he was injured (now that would have been looking after him), but we didnt.

The power is all with Nicky and he will do whats right for him and his family and if thats a Bosnan.. then so be it.. **** all we can do about it.

It is however a risk for him, that he gets injured towards the end of the season and he's b***ered.

I hope he signs, as does every city fan as well as every Crewe fan.

Presuming this is true, and not questioning you it's just I haven't heard as such, I'm beyond confused.

The club offered a contract, Maynard stalled. He stalled, it appeared, in the hope a top flight club would come in for him, which didn't happen.

There must be a level of communication, a mutual understanding, beyond the simplicities of 'is he here' or 'has he signed a contract'. The club must have known for some time Maynard's position, whatever that may be. So how can we be in a place now where the club have refused offers, he hasn't left, yet he 's no closer to signing a deal, it doesn't make sense on any level.

He had an offer on the table which, if it were not acceptable on the presumption he was still at the club on the 1st, he would have surely communicated to the club. At which point they would either offer better terms or be significantly more inclined to accept any offers.

I refuse to believe that the club has offered a deal, Maynard has simply said 'I'll think on it', and the club have let the situation drift.

Presuming Millen has said as stated above and Maynard is no closer to signing a deal, I am absolutely baffled.

Likewise baffled. Did the club not give him 2 weeks to make up his mind recently or is my memory playing tricks on me? Allowing him to keep them waiting indefinitely just makes the club look weak. Perhaps they are.:disapointed2se:

What power do you think the club has in this situation?

The only thing the club can do, is not play him.

If he doesnt want to move, he doesnt have to

If he doesnt want to sign with us he doesnt have to

And to be fair .. we looked after him, because he was contracted to us as a player.

We could have offered him a new contract whilst he was injured (now that would have been looking after him), but we didnt.

The power is all with Nicky and he will do whats right for him and his family and if thats a Bosnan.. then so be it.. **** all we can do about it.

It is however a risk for him, that he gets injured towards the end of the season and he's b***ered.

I hope he signs, as does every city fan as well as every Crewe fan.

I agree with all you have said, my point is he should actually make his mind up and make his intentions clear, the club and the fans have been patient enough, you only have to look at the epic proportions of this thread. of course the player has all of the power and that is one of the problems with football, there is very little honour in the way he is playing his hand IMO, it's the fans once more being ignored, NM just make your mind up FFS.

it dosen't help that about 6 weeks ago apparently a deal was close and now it's nowhere near.

There used to be a Steve Lansdown Q&A

I'd love to ask (and get an honest answer) to these questions :-

Is the Club's genuine stance that Nicky Maynard will not be sold to another Championship Club even if NM is willing to move to a Championship club?

Or is the more honest situation this? :- Nicky Maynard will not sign a contract and wants to play Premier League football. He has made the decision that he will stay at City unless a Premier League team come in for him. Therefore the Club have decided to spin this and say that NM will not be sold to a Championship Club whereas the unspun honest line would be "we would take 6m in an instant from any club under the current circumstances if the stubborn so and so hadn't set his aspirations so high."

It's not rocket science to see this is the accurate situation and I just wish the Club would be more open and say that they would sell if NM for the right price to any team subject to him agreeing to move as the current line takes fans as being suckers. It doesn't have to be negative - they could add "so we can invest and add quality to the squad in areas which need strengthening."

The same thing happened with the Fontaine failed transfer - the club weren't exactly transparent about what happened and all they end up doing is make themselves look like shifty spin doctors.

The other reason why I'm convinced we are being given spun information is because it's in complete contrast to the Bradley Orr (and Fontaine) situation when the Club agreed to sell to another Championship team without any qualms. I suppose in this suggested era of blunt unspun honesty they could retort 'that was different because Bradley Orr is a bit of donkey and was unlikely to damage us in the way a 20 a season goal-scoring predator is."

I've got no problem with backing the manager , I do it myself. However , you say "We were bottom of the league after roughly 10 games." as if that makes our final position look good , when the reality is Millen was in charge for all but the first game. I agree that he inherited a

bad situation from Coppell , but I also don't get all the excuses that are made for him.

My whole point in my first post ( to the Leicester fan!) was to say to him that we had a very similar season to them.

He had made the point that they were near

the BOTTOM after a few games.

Which I replied and said we were BOTTOM after 10 games.

My reply to him seems to have been made into something else by you.

My whole point in my first post ( to the Leicester fan!) was to say to him that we had a very similar season to them.

He had made the point that they were near

the BOTTOM after a few games.

Which I replied and said we were BOTTOM after 10 games.

My reply to him seems to have been made into something else by you.

The Leicester fan was saying that Sven came in and turned their season around after arriving with the club near the bottom , my point is that Keith was already here and us being being bottom after 10 games was largely down to him. It's a different scenario , had Coppell lasted 10 games what Keith eventually achieved would have been remarkably similar.

Still , nice to know we both want Keith to succeed :surrender:

The Leicester fan was saying that Sven came in and turned their season around after arriving with the club near the bottom , my point is that Keith was already here and us being being bottom after 10 games was largely down to him. It's a different scenario , had Coppell lasted 10 games what Keith eventually achieved would have been remarkably similar.

Still , nice to know we both want Keith to succeed :surrender:

Ok! I think were on the same wavelength :)

I blame Leicester anyway :)

I agree with all you have said, my point is he should actually make his mind up and make his intentions clear, the club and the fans have been patient enough, you only have to look at the epic proportions of this thread. of course the player has all of the power and that is one of the problems with football, there is very little honour in the way he is playing his hand IMO, it's the fans once more being ignored, NM just make your mind up FFS.

it dosen't help that about 6 weeks ago apparently a deal was close and now it's nowhere near.

I think he has made his position clear and you can see this in the way the club have reacted to offers.

My view, is that he wont move to another Championship club cos he is waiting for a Prem club.

If he did move to another Championship club, there is no way they would give him a Jan release clause at a reasonable figure.

Therefore his best chance of prem footie is here with us.

For that reason, I think; and it is in my humble opinion, I think that he will sign a new contract with City.

Maynard has taken the club for a ride. The board especially Mr Sexstone are inept. I cannot believe Millen is so pleased with the way this has been allowed to develop. Maynard has stated of which Millen has confirmed today he will not be signing a contract.He will leave at the end of the season for nothing. 5 million down the drain. The chairman is ultimately responsible and has shown complete lack of control and direction and should be sacked.

Maynard has taken the club for a ride. The board especially Mr Sexstone are inept. I cannot believe Millen is so pleased with the way this has been allowed to develop. Maynard has stated of which Millen has confirmed today he will not be signing a contract.He will leave at the end of the season for nothing. 5 million down the drain. The chairman is ultimately responsible and has shown complete lack of control and direction and should be sacked.

In the event you are not dangling a line, can you please direct me to links supporting these announcements? I must have missed them. Cheers.

What could/should Sexstone have done differently as far as the Maynard situation is concerned?

I don't think he has taken anyone for a ride, he is running his contract down as far as I can see, that is his choice. The chairman says he wont sell to a championship club, for whatever was offered 2-6 million if rumours are to believed. If Sexton accepted, it doesn't mean Maynard would of signed, You cannot sell someone who does not want to sign for the buying club. And from everything I have heard from a couple of people inside the club it would appear that he is only interested in moving up a level.

I dunno, maybe sell Maynard and half our debt?

Even if we had accepted Leicester's best offer Maynard would have turned them down, if he only wants to move to a prem club. This is the difficulty, ultimately Sexstone has no control over this transfer as Maynard is in control of his destiny. We offered a contract but can't make him sign it, we could accept an offer for him, but he doesn't have to accept it, he can chose to run down his contract and leave as a free agent and there is nothing we can do about it.

Maynard has us over a barrell. Q.E.D.

Even if we had accepted Leicester's best offer Maynard would have turned them down, if he only wants to move to a prem club. This is the difficulty, ultimately Sexstone has no control over this transfer as Maynard is in control of his destiny. We offered a contract but can't make him sign it, we could accept an offer for him, but he doesn't have to accept it, he can chose to run down his contract and leave as a free agent and there is nothing we can do about it.

and there you have it, indeed he does. I hope he signs a new contract but it's looking increasingly unlikely IMO.

This is a stupid comment. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. And I can't believe you think that you have thought it through more than the entire board and manager. Ridiculous.

I didn't say I had thought it through more than the entire board and manager - not that I think the manager has much say in it anyway.

What I actually said is I didn't think the board had thought it through well at all - i.e. in my opinion they may well have reached the wrong conclusion as far as the good of the club is concerned.

I can only base this opinion on the information available and while the club seem none the wiser as to whether Maynard will sign a new deal or not I maintain their stubbornness could obviously backfire, and the lack of that 6m - the final Leicester offer was 'a substantial bid, far in excess of their previous offers' - will be very keenly felt as KM attempts to rebuild the squad.

Nobody but Maynard and his agent are certain of his intentions, so this appears to be a 6m. gamble by the board which may come off or may equally turn out to be a shocking waste of money.

If Maynard signs all will be well and the club will eventually recover good money. If not then rejecting Leicester out of hand will be seen as nothing short of a disastrous decision.

I remain unconvinced such an apparent gamble was necessary or in the club's best interests.

Then it's down to the board to protect our interest and leave Maynard out of all first team games and concentrate on the players who wish to be here. He can sit out his remaining time on the bench so that Pitman and Stead get plenty of time on the pitch, otherwise we shall end up with Maynard gone, Pitman unwilling to sign an extension and Stead nearing the end of his contract. What a stupid position that would be, if that's a good business plan then we are well and truly f....d with this new board. If he doesn't wish to be here, what is the point in playing him? We could be using this time to give Pitman a full season to make the position his own, he's good enough in my opinion, he just needs the games up front, not stuck on the bloody left wing.

We know Maynard ideally wants wants PL football now but we don't know for certain that he wouldn't view Leicester as a step up to achieving that goal.

You might be right but we don't know for a fact that Maynard himself would have turned them down.

Today's comments from CS, "It was a lot of money but the board are absolutely adamant we want to keep Nicky Maynard."

Then it's down to the board to protect our interest and leave Maynard out of all first team games and concentrate on the players who wish to be here. He can sit out his remaining time on the bench so that Pitman and Stead get plenty of time on the pitch, otherwise we shall end up with Maynard gone, Pitman unwilling to sign an extension and Stead nearing the end of his contract. What a stupid position that would be, if that's a good business plan then we are well and truly f....d with this new board. If he doesn't wish to be here, what is the point in playing him? We could be using this time to give Pitman a full season to make the position his own, he's good enough in my opinion, he just needs the games up front, not stuck on the bloody left wing.

Simply, +1.

BCAGFC

You must be either joking or attention seeking.

Pitman is not the fastest, and has an ungainly running style, but he is a natural goalscorer who makes up for these limitations with superb positional sense and outstanding finishing ability.

He would obviously not thrive as a lone striker so hopefully KM will play with two up front once Pitman takes over from Maynard.

In which case there's no doubt he'll be amongst the leading marksmen in the Championship.

Archived