IGNORED

Millen Out

old_eastender

Millen has to go, should have gone when GJ left, too long he has been a part of the problem (defensive coach ffs) not part of the solution.

And never mind only 2 games into this season, he had almost all last season and the close season, only to see us under performing in pre-season against lower league times and arriving unprepared for the real thing - just like under copout.

Too many bizarre team selection errors, like not starting Kilkenny, sticking Pitman left wing, prefering the ineffective Skuse to the reliable Cisse & even the continued cold shoulder of Hunt (who was one solid performer in pre-season by all accounts).

Enough is enough, let's do a Norwich act decisively like they did after a cr@p start two seasons ago, dismiss Millen and start moving forward again!

Oh dear! Then will win the championship make the champions league the following season followed by fighting the Klingons for universe domination !

Basically a 3 year plan ! Love it!

All we can keep Milen and watch us get relegated.

Oh dear! Then will win the championship make the champions league the following season followed by fighting the Klingons for universe domination !

Basically a 3 year plan ! Love it!

You serious mate or have you been drinking?

No, we wont win the Championship after Keith goes, but if he stays we are down. No one is saying things will be amazing, they just wont be as sh1t as they are now and they actually get better in time.

Keith has been there for years and obviously has no clue how to change things.

Time to go.

God this is so depressing thought Millen needed a chance to prove himself and still probs needs more time ?? However I'm falling rapidly into the 'act hard and fast' gang think it's time to go Keith ! The WHOLE squad needs a kick up the arse. Maynard go if your going and give Dean a run out for god sake !! Thanks feel better now.

The whole coaching setup is pretty much the same as it has been for years and it's too comfy.

Clean sweep needed, Walshy, Naylor et al have to go along with Millen, Get some new ideas in plus a Manager who the team have to show respect for and one who isn't scared to hand out a damn good bollocking now and again.

With the present incumbents, I can only see us heading one way!

Today sounded truly pathetic.

The whole coaching setup is pretty much the same as it has been for years and it's too comfy.

Clean sweep needed, Walshy, Naylor et al have to go along with Millen, Get some new ideas in plus a Manager who the team have to show respect for and one who isn't scared to hand out a damn good bollocking now and again.

With the present incumbents, I can only see us heading one way!

Today sounded truly pathetic.

Couldn't agree more mate

I wonder what Mr " I didnt see that one coming " Millen ,has to say about todays pathetic first half showing ? For too long there has been an air of " their just going through the paces" at the Gate. They dont even look UP FOR IT in the pre-match warm. When ever we're up against teams that are UP FOR IT, we struggle. That indicates a real problem in the team. Something is neede to inject some fight and heart onto the side. Someone like Warnock or Hollowhead,who will instill a bit a PASSION. It looks like too many players are in a comfort zone of actually only turning up to play every other game or two. NO heart in the side and NO drive. When was the last time anyone saw a City side go at another team for the full 90 minutes ? we're looky if they can get to half time without too much damage being done most days. Its time MR " I Didnt see that one coming" Millen went. So Go Millen, and GO NOW. It was obvious that the defence needed sorting out yet what has he done ? We have ,for a number of years been very weak at defending set peices,yet what has been done ? NOTHING.. Most definately TAXI time for Millen. If he's not gone by Christmas then we will be DOWN.

:sign09:

Despite the justifiable post match anger, it's still too early. No manager worth their salt will come to a club that sacks a guy two games in, and people like Davies and Jones are very very expensive not just in terms of wages but in terms of budget.

IMO it is necessary to give it a bit longer and if it hasn't improved ten games in then start making plans, looking for someone like Tisdale on their way up rather than billy big bollocks managers used to huge budgets.

Anyway, Millen has learned from mistakes before, he may do so this time.

Not going to be a popular view today I suspect but the last thing we need is knee jerk reactions and sacking someone so close to the start of the season cannot be described as anything else.

Lets be quite clear about this, Millen is a truly nice guy, and an exceptionally well qualified coach ...BUT... when it comes to contacts within the game and reputation he is a light weight. This has never been more apparent than in this close season when all of our targets have opted to go elsewhere. He appears to lack the ability to motivate his players (despite them all being paid a kings ransom) to do what we would all love to do as a means of paying the bills. To be honest the players attracted by Malky Mackay are not big money signings but without exception they all recognise his standing in the game, play with huge hearts, and obviously respect how he goes about his business, may be this is the real crux, Milly just can not motivate players who in most instances have achieved more in the game than he ever could. I personally predicted relegation this year well in advance of the seasons start and like most things you can take an optimistic view or a realistic one. Going back to a previous post "if you change nothing, don't expect different results" I do not hold with this view that Millen was an innocent bystander when Johnson and Coppell were buying absolute dross, he was after all the assistant manager with a voice and the ability to influence decisions albeit he may well have not had the final say.

Lovely man but time to make a very difficult decision or face the prospect of another 9 years trying to break out of third tier football in a premier league stadium with 8/9000 crowds. Simple decision Mr Sexstone treat Keith in a dignified and honest way and shoot him out asap.

100% agree . I got load of abuse when I said I wanted Millen out during the close season. I didn't buy a season ticket and I won't go until he is gone.

Should of gone when Tinion was sacked.

Interesting comment, I remember being really surprised GJ didn't bring his assistant with him from Yeovil.

It's hard to understand why KM has been such a constant at the club.

I am fast moving to the Millen out camp which is a shame as I want him to succeed. If he had been appointed from outside the club I would be all for giving him more time but he has been involved in the management setup for a long time and knows everything about the players he inherited. We don't seem to ever keep a settled side or formation and the mainstays of the team are either not good enough, out of form or being played out of position to accommodate them.

Part and parcel of football management is being able to wheel and deal in the transfer market and I am not sure Millen has resolve to transform this squad and ship out the dead wood, it all seems far to comfy at Ashton Gate.

Despite the justifiable post match anger, it's still too early. No manager worth their salt will come to a club that sacks a guy two games in, and people like Davies and Jones are very very expensive not just in terms of wages but in terms of budget.

IMO it is necessary to give it a bit longer and if it hasn't improved ten games in then start making plans, looking for someone like Tisdale on their way up rather than billy big bollocks managers used to huge budgets.

Anyway, Millen has learned from mistakes before, he may do so this time.

Not going to be a popular view today I suspect but the last thing we need is knee jerk reactions and sacking someone so close to the start of the season cannot be described as anything else.

Understand your point of view, but if the board don't act (either by changing the manager or giving him funds to get some new players) can you honestly see anything changing by the 10 game mark?

It's not like we have any players out injured that are going to improve us when they return, so if we carry on with what we've got then I can see us becoming cut adrift very quickly.

Lets be quite clear about this, Millen is a truly nice guy, and an exceptionally well qualified coach ...BUT... when it comes to contacts within the game and reputation he is a light weight. This has never been more apparent than in this close season when all of our targets have opted to go elsewhere. He appears to lack the ability to motivate his players (despite them all being paid a kings ransom) to do what we would all love to do as a means of paying the bills. To be honest the players attracted by Malky Mackay are not big money signings but without exception they all recognise his standing in the game, play with huge hearts, and obviously respect how he goes about his business, may be this is the real crux, Milly just can not motivate players who in most instances have achieved more in the game than he ever could. I personally predicted relegation this year well in advance of the seasons start and like most things you can take an optimistic view or a realistic one. Going back to a previous post "if you change nothing, don't expect different results" I do not hold with this view that Millen was an innocent bystander when Johnson and Coppell were buying absolute dross, he was after all the assistant manager with a voice and the ability to influence decisions albeit he may well have not had the final say.

Lovely man but time to make a very difficult decision or face the prospect of another 9 years trying to break out of third tier football in a premier league stadium with 8/9000 crowds. Simple decision Mr Sexstone treat Keith in a dignified and honest way and shoot him out asap.

top post! i agree wholehearted, as a club imo we are not decisive and no-one with the minerals to take the club by the scruff of the neck and sort it out

Archived