IGNORED

Millen Out

old_eastender

Think he is trying to bring in defenders but boards at this current time are not allowing him to.. Name a player in todays squad that shouldn't be in this league.. their all proven championship players? Apart from wilson but youth has to start somewhere!

He has had all summer....instead he has gone for Bolasie and Taylor....why spend on them when he could of got Turner or Wood from Coventry (the only good things about that side)

Exactly they are "all proven Championship players"....where's it all going wrong then??? THE MANAGEMENT

I cant see how your not seeing PLAYERS mistakes! Every goal this season has involved a blatant mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh well cant wait till go to Leicester wednesday, bounce back with a win o at least get sumin out of the game.. a win at leicester will fill the boys with confidence and you'll see a difference! JUST HAVE FAITH, AND GET BEHIND EVERYONE AT THE CLUB!

Neville would undoubtedly be a big gamble but on the plus side:

Years of playing for Man U and England with and against the best players in the world

Experience of what makes managers successful under arguably the best ever

Proven leader with passion and ability to put a rocket up backsides when needed

Connections in the game so access to good signings/loanees

Would bring a much needed sense of excitement to the Gate... boost crowd and team

Is he a gamble - yes

Is he in the same league as tinnion/millen - worlds apart

Is he worth taking a punt on - in my view Millen's sacking is inevitable sooner or later... and anything is better than the current shambles

Gary Neville is an arse destined for a career as an 'outspoken former player' He'll be football's answer to Geoff Boycott within 2 years.

Truth is he probably hasn't got the nous or capability to manage.

In order to understand what makes a good manager, it's important to have played under a successful one but it's also important to have played under some terrible ones too. I'd rather have Mark Robins as he knows the division.

I cant see how your not seeing PLAYERS mistakes! Every goal this season has involved a blatant mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh well cant wait till go to Leicester wednesday, bounce back with a win o at least get sumin out of the game.. a win at leicester will fill the boys with confidence and you'll see a difference! JUST HAVE FAITH, AND GET BEHIND EVERYONE AT THE CLUB!

Millen is picking these players - players that keep making mistakes.

He should have signed some defenders.....

He aint got no one else? Board are rejecting possible moves until he gets rid of players, but who wants rubbish like nicky hunt?

Hope we still get decent following at leicester!

He was still able to bring in two other forwards.... all about priorities.

Yes and he and Wrigley are coaching them, that is the link.

Have u lot ever played football? No matter how good coaching you have, mistakes will happen, de gea for united today made a mistake like jamoo made 2, last week (no one is questioning ferguson for that HAHA).. i just dont get how you can blame these sort of mistakes on The coaching staff. I mean fair enough if we were conceding from set plays and the set up from set plays were poor.. but its not its open play mistakes and stupid stupid mistakes like not clearing ball quick enough and passing ball straight to opposition player I'm sorry but no matter what you say, you cant blame these mistakes on millen!

Gary Neville is an arse destined for a career as an 'outspoken former player' He'll be football's answer to Geoff Boycott within 2 years.

Truth is he probably hasn't got the nous or capability to manage.

In order to understand what makes a good manager, it's important to have played under a successful one but it's also important to have played under some terrible ones too. I'd rather have Mark Robins as he knows the division.

What's wrong with boycott. Man's a legend!

Have u lot ever played football? No matter how good coaching you have, mistakes will happen, de gea for united today made a mistake like jamoo made 2, last week (no one is questioning ferguson for that HAHA).. i just dont get how you can blame these sort of mistakes on The coaching staff. I mean fair enough if we were conceding from set plays and the set up from set plays were poor.. but its not its open play mistakes and stupid stupid mistakes like not clearing ball quick enough and passing ball straight to opposition player I'm sorry but no matter what you say, you cant blame these mistakes on millen!

Ask yourself this, if the defenders keep on making mistakes week after week, at what point does it become a coaching problem?.

His team selection, tactics, shitty excuses, are all his doing! He cannot attract quality here, the money he has spent has been on players that were not needed. Its been like it for a year. At pre season they were all saying "its only pre season" After the ipswich game he said " i didnt see that coming" after todays game he said " the first half cost us"

Well no shit sherlock, i saw it all coming, i know the first half cost us. Try to admit that you havent got a clue. It makes my blood boil just watching the man who is ruining the way Bristol City FC operate.

When it become Defensive set u problems - such as shape, or set up from set pieces it then becomes staff issue becasue their setting the team up wrong..but whilst its still passing errors leaving men free errors not clearing the ball errors, goalkeeper errors its not millens fault these are school boys errors which no matter how good a coach or how good a training you have wont get rid of these errors, players have to look at themselves for sloppy mistakes!!!

When it become Defensive set u problems - such as shape, or set up from set pieces it then becomes staff issue becasue their setting the team up wrong..but whilst its still passing errors leaving men free errors not clearing the ball errors, goalkeeper errors its not millens fault these are school boys errors which no matter how good a coach or how good a training you have wont get rid of these errors, players have to look at themselves for sloppy mistakes!!!

So, professional players are still making basic errors which they have been doing ad infinitum? In my mind, these players that make mistakes have proven they are not good enough for this level then which means they should be replaced.

Managers are paid very well to alleviate these issues and work out which players make mistakes. Millen has stated we need reinforcements defensively and has targetted players that were unobtainable, players we cannot attract and have gone elsewhere.

Millens fault, get shot!

No, I didn't go today either but I don't have to explain my reasons why to you.

I will give you a real world example as to why your argument doesn't hold water...

I was the Manager of a team of engineers who were underperforming. Do you think my bosses gave the engineers any grief? Obvioulsy not as I was paid to MANAGE their performance so it was my fault. Same scenario IMHO.

His team selection, tactics, shitty excuses, are all his doing! He cannot attract quality here, the money he has spent has been on players that were not needed. Its been like it for a year. At pre season they were all saying "its only pre season" After the ipswich game he said " i didnt see that coming" after todays game he said " the first half cost us"

Well no shit sherlock, i saw it all coming, i know the first half cost us. Try to admit that you havent got a clue. It makes my blood boil just watching the man who is ruining the way Bristol City FC operate.

I have to agree have you seen Leicester's squad? many have played in the prem and Sven isn't exactly unknown to football. If other clubs are attracting these sorts of players then yeah we are gonna get beat 3-0, 4-0. Point is we need a manager who can attract these sorts of players and deliver the goods and more importantly change something in our training regime. Otherwise it's goodbye championship.

Oh dear! Then will win the championship make the champions league the following season followed by fighting the Klingons for universe domination !

Basically a 3 year plan ! Love it!

The klingons are on our side now , but the rest of your statement sounds good.

KM will be gone in 2 games and Dave Jones will be appointed. Watch this space.....

Well, if the remarks from Millen in the EP are a correct set of quotations then your scenario may not be far off.

What really can only be considered as a broadside at the board with his obviously frustrated remark about needing outside help and being tied with bringing players in is very telling for me.

He really should not have said that in my view but it shows, does it not, that he is totally boxed in now with his purchases this past year and, instead of taking the blame on the chin for not strengthening even when Mickkey Mouse and Goofy knew where it was needed, he places his back against the wall and spouts what i am afraid is a diatribe of disingenuous drivel.

p.s. But of course he could have been misquoted.

KM will be gone in 2 games and Dave Jones will be appointed. Watch this space.....

Absolutely no chance. Not only is Keith Steve's boy, he is also Colin's human shield. Any incompetence Keith has shown has also been shown by Steve and Colin. Lurching from one strategy to another, apparently having no clear idea what they want (automatic promotion one minute, slash the wage bill and cling on the next). They have performed a handbrake turn and Keith has to take the flack. The urgent need for 2 defenders is obvious (mind you it has been for years) and rigidly sticking to 1 out 1 in rather than a balanced approach over say 2 years is self defeating. But as I say they are very happy to let Keith take the blame,:disapointed2se:

In any event no established manager is going to take the job under the current constraints.

Look im sure if millen had the funds to bring in 5-6 new faces he would.. there are players in this team that need to be replaced, but currently the board dont have the funds!! Simple as that if ure blaming millen not bringing in enough players! and i've just seen the goals for the first time - why are we blaming david james for yesterdays game, 1st- free header 2nd - great shot 3rd - great save shit following in from defence!?

Think he is trying to bring in defenders but boards at this current time are not allowing him to.. Name a player in todays squad that shouldn't be in this league.. their all proven championship players? Apart from wilson but youth has to start somewhere!

Nyatanga, hes garbage, league one at best yesterday highlighted that. macallister, hes finished at this level.

Dave Jones spent a fortune on wages and signing on fees at cardiff and let millions of pounds worth of talent in the form of Ledley and Bothroyd walk away for free. He allowed a huge drinking culture develop and never had a settled squad due to his over use of the loan system, where he failed with the likes of Bellamy and Chopra to secure promotion. The man is a walking waste of money, we would be financially ruined within a season.

Irrelevant point. SAF has years of experience and success to his name whereas KM does not. Besides no one is blaming KM for players mistakes. KM's tactics (Pitman on the left, Skuse and Elliot playing together in CM and others) are what are being criticized as well as his priorities in the transfer market (buying strikers and wingers when the defense was surely the priority). There are also question marks about KM's ability to attract players. Something clubs with "bigger name" managers such as Sven do not have.

Archived