IGNORED

Millen Out

old_eastender

God I hope we don't sign this nearly man manager. He spends and wastes money like confetti, he should have done a lot better with the likes of wolves and Cardiff, and bottled it almost every season. The actual season he got wolves up he scraped them through the playoffs when with the money spent they should of walked it. If Millen is removed for Jones I will not return to Ashton gate. If they can afford to pay up the managers and possibly his staff contracts then they can find some cash for a defender. If this turns out to be true then bristol city football club can go whistle for my hard earned cash.

Depends on expectations though, surely? The question perhaps should be 'Could Jones keep us up?' I think yes- not that Millen should necessarily go after a mere 2 games.

Pretty sure at Cardiff at first he had a fairly modest budget

Pretty sure he didn't. Their accounts are available online if you want to check, but their wage bill was astronomical throughout his tenure as I recall, even when they were nearly bust.

If we are going down the line of managers who've achieved something on small budgets, the only two I would suggest are Graham Westley and Martin Allen. Im not adding any fuel to the fire, should Keith go at any point, Allen would be my choice.

If we are going down the line of managers who've achieved something on small budgets, the only two I would suggest are Graham Westley and Martin Allen. Im not adding any fuel to the fire, should Keith go at any point, Allen would be my choice.

? Ron, are you pissed? you must be pissed...

Martin Allen?

Definately pissed.

My contact is not one of those two but someone very close to these two!

Haha ok so we've made an approach for Dave Jones even though Kieth is still in charge and he will be the manager after two more games regardless of the results.

All this despite the fact the seasons only two games old? Brilliant! You couldn't make it up, or perhaps you could tumbleweed.gif

I am not even sure if he is looking to get back into football with his academy setup, but if Millen is to be replaced (and I hope he isn't) then hoddle could be a good appointment, no money to pay out, a pretty good record at club management, not bad as England manager and he may be able to attract players. Depends if he is forgiven for his opinions.

I am not even sure if he is looking to get back into football with his academy setup, but if Millen is to be replaced (and I hope he isn't) then hoddle could be a good appointment, no money to pay out, a pretty good record at club management, not bad as England manager and he may be able to attract players. Depends if he is forgiven for his opinions.

I'm sure all of BCFC's disabled fans will be delighted.

Sure they would be happy and forgiving if he took city to the promised land. After all everyone should get 1 second chance. I am sure your opinions my opinions everyone's opinions will get some demographics back up. Doesn't mean he cannot do a good job. It would seem keeping Millen will upset even more people than the number of disabled supporters we have. You will always upset someone. Name me any manager Mr Tansley and I am sure you will find an area of our support that won't like him. Doesn't mean they can't do the job

Sure they would be happy and forgiving if he took city to the promised land. After all everyone should get 1 second chance. I am sure your opinions my opinions everyone's opinions will get some demographics back up. Doesn't mean he cannot do a good job. It would seem keeping Millen will upset even more people than the number of disabled supporters we have. You will always upset someone. Name me any manager Mr Tansley and I am sure you will find an area of our support that won't like him. Doesn't mean they can't do the job

Yeah, but what he said was pretty unforgivable tbh.

Anyone who knows people who suffer from disabilities or has them themselves would be very insulted to hear a moron like Glenn (Who does know a lot about football, but not life) say they are being punished for something they did. Being told you deserve the pain and trouble of a disability is pretty effing low.

So, no, I don't think many self respecting member of our disabled fan base would or should forgive him. I certainly wouldn't want him here.

He got those opinions from his faith. If they are right or wrong who knows? I disagree as I don't believe in god. But it could be proved I am the idiot when I die and find out there is a god. So what makes him a moron for beliving it? He probably is wrong, but there is a chance he is correct, no matter hoe much you and I disagree with what he says.

He got those opinions from his faith. If they are right or wrong who knows? I disagree as I don't believe in god. But it could be proved I am the idiot when I die and find out there is a god. So what makes him a moron for beliving it? He probably is wrong, but there is a chance he is correct, no matter hoe much you and I disagree with what he says.

and by that denomination there is a chance that Hitler was right about the Jews?

TRL is onto something. I know various Christian folk who believe we should all die for our sins, especially me as I am a non-believer. If any of them had some footballing pedigree and were put in the England job no one would bat an eyelid. That's not to excuse Hoddles comments one jot, just you can't have one rule for one apparently ridiculous view and another for something equally as... Unreasonable?

TRL is onto something. I know various Christian folk who believe we should all die for our sins, especially me as I am a non-believer. If any of them had some footballing pedigree and were put in the England job no one would bat an eyelid. That's not to excuse Hoddles comments one jot, just you can't have one rule for one apparently ridiculous view and another for something equally as... Unreasonable?

but if they started coming out and preaching their bile they would receive the same treatment as Hoddle.

If you are in a position of importance like a professional football manager you do not spout crap (religious or otherwise) and expect to remain in that position or expect to keep your reputation in tact.

but if they started coming out and preaching their bile they would receive the same treatment as Hoddle.

If you are in a position of importance like a professional football manager you do not spout crap (religious or otherwise) and expect to remain in that position or expect to keep your reputation in tact.

Perhaps so, perhaps not, some equally fascist views are treated very differently.

Paul Tisdale and Sean O' Driscoll?! Not only have they done very well on small budgets but they have done it playing very attractive football. They have both proved to have a great eye for talent at little cost and have done tremendously. (Again, I'm not saying get any of them i wouldn't sack Millen but on the subject of managers who have achieved a lot on a small budget these two certainly stand out.)

Again, crap in your opinion, there would be hundreds of thousands that would agree with him. So I guess you pick and choose who you alienate. I think hoddle can be classed as niave in responding in that way to a question. But what difference someone who believes this and speaks publically and those who are quiet morally? Because this would seem to be your argument. And I still can't see the relevance of your Hitler argument

Paul Tisdale and Sean O' Driscoll?! Not only have they done very well on small budgets but they have done it playing very attractive football. They have both proved to have a great eye for talent at little cost and have done tremendously. (Again, I'm not saying get any of them i wouldn't sack Millen but on the subject of managers who have achieved a lot on a small budget these two certainly stand out.)

Shaun O'Driscoll's achievements have been exaggerated a lot, Tisdale is a top shout though.

Sod had a good season, and plays pretty football. But I never thought him particularly as a standout manager. Tisdale, now he does seem a good manager to me. Very successful and from what I hear has some very forward thinking ideas. Unfortunately not enough of a named manager for much of the city faithful

Again, crap in your opinion, there would be hundreds of thousands that would agree with him. So I guess you pick and choose who you alienate. I think hoddle can be classed as niave in responding in that way to a question. But what difference someone who believes this and speaks publically and those who are quiet morally? Because this would seem to be your argument. And I still can't see the relevance of your Hitler argument

Because the only people who can be hurt or insulted by thoughts are mind readers. If you have a platform to speak to a huge audience you have a responsibility to think before you speak. that's the difference. He hurt and insulted many hundreds of thousands of people in this country who suffer a disability that was no fault of their own by proclaiming from a position of potential influence that they deserved it.

Why is believing that Disabled people deserve their plight any different to thinking that the Jews were the reason for the financial mire in Germany and to blame for anything else Hitler attributed to them?

Race, Religion? Both about as relevant an excuse for being a hateful ****** as the other IMO.

Shaun O'Driscoll's achievements have been exaggerated a lot, Tisdale is a top shout though.

Exaggerated? I disagree. If you look at what he's done there, the squad he's built considering the money he's spent, all whilst playing a great passing game, he has to be applauded. Sure they were near the bottom last year and it's going to be tough but they cannot spend huge amounts so buy wisely. Acquire good lower league talent and players other clubs have wasted in wrong positions. He's done an exemplary job in my opinion.

Good record? Remind me of his acheivememts as a manager.

Seem enough with England to know he is also clueless

Good record? Remind me of his acheivememts as a manager.

Seem enough with England to know he is also clueless

he was a good manager but has been out of management far to long now to even get a look in,

I don't like him as a person for what he said about the disabled but then again people have said worst in the past

Archived