IGNORED

Millen Out

old_eastender

I said exactly that regarding Killkenny at the game last week, but Johnson or Reid should have played as last season proved that Skuse and Marv, good players as they are, cannot at together.

I seem to recall us playing sproule and mcindoe on the chalk and us finishing 4th... In fact our form dipped when we stopped playing them wide and put Carle and Noble on the wing!!!

Its strange that we had such an abundance of players who could play in the hole and now we have none, Noble, Williams, Trundle, Carle... We need to play as a team and have links between defence and midfield and midfield and attack. Noble and Johnson. Killkenny and ?? :/

I think you'll find our form stopped because Lee Johnson got injured like him or loath him (as most seem to do) he was vital in that season and formed a great partnership with elliot but thats years ago now and nether have been much cop since (eeliot second half of last season aside)

I said exactly that regarding Killkenny at the game last week, but Johnson or Reid should have played as last season proved that Skuse and Marv, good players as they are, cannot at together.

I seem to recall us playing sproule and mcindoe on the chalk and us finishing 4th... In fact our form dipped when we stopped playing them wide and put Carle and Noble on the wing!!!

Its strange that we had such an abundance of players who could play in the hole and now we have none, Noble, Williams, Trundle, Carle... We need to play as a team and have links between defence and midfield and midfield and attack. Noble and Johnson. Killkenny and ?? :/

Without splitting hairs , sproule only started 18 games that year and Mcindoe was a hard working player that didn't just hug the touchline, but anyway, we do need some shape, some hardworking players and hopefully we will be ok. :fingerscrossed:

I really can't see the new chairman acting at least until after the Portsmouth game.

Ive heard on good grounds that if he doesnt win 3 out of 5- Hes History Channel.

With a replacement already lined up but is in contract at another club.. (may not be for long hey)

First 3 From 5, not sure if it relates to just the league or all competitions..

So you were presumably told that, or it was at least in affect, before the Ipswich game when there was a decent amount of optimism, or rather a lack of negativity?

Seems a bit odd to give the manager that kind of ultimatum at the beginning of a season, also seems odd that the club would have his potential replacement lined up, isn't that 'tapping up'?

:source: What a tease!

And surely not "Colin"! :fingerscrossed::whistle2:

Is mickey bell still in charge at Clevedon?

I won't believe any of those sort of rumours until they happen, don't want to call you a lier but track record of people in the know isn't that great around here,

anyway losing I can take not competeing I can not which is why theres been a angry reaction this time around

Ive heard on good grounds that if he doesnt win 3 out of 5- Hes History Channel.

With a replacement already lined up but is in contract at another club.. (may not be for long hey)

So this replacement will cost how much?.. will want how much in terms of available funds to bring in players that the current manager already knows he requires but aint allowed to get?

Will inherit a load of surplus to requirement players who wont just walk away & noone else wants.

Could be a bargain if he has a magic wand -if not how are things gonna improve?.... & who says given the funds that Millen couldnt pull a rabbit out of the hat too?

Cost or replacing Millen and paying off his contract , recruiting a replacement (with I presume compo payments to current club) & providing transfer market funds would add up to quite a lot of dosh.... if its available for that -why isnt it available to buy us what we really need right now SOME GOOD PLAYERS IN OUR DEFENCE??

Whoevers in charge the millstone round our neck of unwanted players & wage bills will remain anyway til next year.

Think your better off sending that in an email to Mr.Lansdown mate, Don't jump on my back for posting what i've been told..

But then again, you probably know best..

..not knocking you mate, its the club that needs sorting out, if their plans are as described then money cant be the issue is all I'm saying, & it'll cost more to implement than giving the current manager the funds he needs to sort this mess out...

Next year, when the rubbish has been swept away things might look a darn sight better, just cant see any new broom being able to do much right now unless cash is available for new players - & thats something the present management could with, then we can progress.

It's not the fact that we have lost the first 2 games that is the problem but the manner in which we have lost them, woeful at the back still, we are in exactly the same position as we were 12 months ago but luckily the excellent Caulker came on board and carried the rest of the defence single handedly and i put all the credit down to him for even keeping us in the division last year, amazingly we have been stuck with the same paceless left-back for 4 yrs with still no sign of a replacement, one of the worst right-backs i can ever remember in NH, a Centre Half in DS who would struggle in the 4th division, the other defenders seem to be either to inconsistent or injury prone (i excuse the promising Wilson from any criticism) all of this while Millen has been either the manager or defensive coach, i thought appointing him was a poor decision and nothing i have seen in his year in charge has changed my opinion, the decent games at AG last season were far outweighed by the poor ones, with the embarrassing and pathetic displays against Watford, Sheff Weds and Swansea springing to mind. He should be sacked today and bring someone in who can rejuvinate the team and fans alike and so end the doom and gloom we are already in at such an early part of the season.

I think everyone needs to calm down its only two games in!! i think after 7/8 games if we are still pretty much bottom then KM needs the boot but not after 2 games, also after 7/8 games theres still time for the new gaffer to turn it round.

As for his transfer activity i think he has been pretty decent bringing in pitman/stead/caulker last season and even spence is decent, cant say the same for woolford though as i think hes pants! i must say though i cant understand why he hasent bought more bodies into defence its clear we are failng in that area or maybe James cant organise them very well which is why i personaly think we should give Deano a run in the team to see how he does.

anyone who went to the cardiff game will tell that 1st half we were a disaster but 2nd half we passed it better didnt panic as much and eventually scored, if we play like that againest Svens men in the week for 90 mins im sure we can grab 3 points!

Up the city!!! (this is my 1st post, looks like ppl on this website have decent views aswell!)

I think everyone needs to calm down its only two games in!! i think after 7/8 games if we are still pretty much bottom then KM needs the boot but not after 2 games, also after 7/8 games theres still time for the new gaffer to turn it round.

As for his transfer activity i think he has been pretty decent bringing in pitman/stead/caulker last season and even spence is decent, cant say the same for woolford though as i think hes pants! i must say though i cant understand why he hasent bought more bodies into defence its clear we are failng in that area or maybe James cant organise them very well which is why i personaly think we should give Deano a run in the team to see how he does.

anyone who went to the cardiff game will tell that 1st half we were a disaster but 2nd half we passed it better didnt panic as much and eventually scored, if we play like that againest Svens men in the week for 90 mins im sure we can grab 3 points!

Up the city!!! (this is my 1st post, looks like ppl on this website have decent views aswell!)

think that was more to do with cardiff having the game won then us improving, they seemed to be able to cut us apart at will which was worrying,

Millen has to go, should have gone when GJ left, too long he has been a part of the problem (defensive coach ffs) not part of the solution.

And never mind only 2 games into this season, he had almost all last season and the close season, only to see us under performing in pre-season against lower league times and arriving unprepared for the real thing - just like under copout.

Too many bizarre team selection errors, like not starting Kilkenny, sticking Pitman left wing, prefering the ineffective Skuse to the reliable Cisse & even the continued cold shoulder of Hunt (who was one solid performer in pre-season by all accounts).

Enough is enough, let's do a Norwich act decisively like they did after a cr@p start two seasons ago, dismiss Millen and start moving forward again!

Millen has to go, should have gone when GJ left, too long he has been a part of the problem (defensive coach ffs) not part of the solution.

And never mind only 2 games into this season, he had almost all last season and the close season, only to see us under performing in pre-season against lower league times and arriving unprepared for the real thing - just like under copout.

Too many bizarre team selection errors, like not starting Kilkenny, sticking Pitman left wing, prefering the ineffective Skuse to the reliable Cisse & even the continued cold shoulder of Hunt (who was one solid performer in pre-season by all accounts).

Enough is enough, let's do a Norwich act decisively like they did after a cr@p start two seasons ago, dismiss Millen and start moving forward again!

I WOULD GO EVEN FURTHER AND SAY MILLEN AND DAVID JAMES OUT AND DAVE JONES IN NOW BEFORE WE ARE CUT ADRIFT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS LEAGUE WHICH IS LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKELY

That would be clever - who the fudge would play in goal!!

Archived