IGNORED

Millen Out

old_eastender

It is certainly fair to say that responsibility has to be shared. Poor old Keith has to take all the flack but everybody from Steve to the players pretty much gets away with it. Keith has repeatedly said his hands are tied (though saying it again after saying there were no excuses was not a wise move) and that is true. If the new policy is so rigid that we cannot even afford to lend a centre half then he is stuck with the dross he has. As much as he says he is happy with his defenders because he has to I can't believe he wouldn't replace the lot if he could. If he wouldn't then I would be really scared.

But if Colin chooses to take a dog in a manger attitiude as he appeared to do on Radio Bristol today then he must also accept his share of blame for the consequences, including relegation if it happens. Of course we need to shift players out but as with bringing them in you cna't always do it at the time and in the order you would like. There is a sense thet Colin is trying to show how tough he is but would he like to find himself saying we got relegated but damn it I ran a tight ship? There has been a complete about turn in policy but it cannot be done over night without significant risk that you will make the posiiton even worse.

There also seems to have been some confusion as to what the policy actually is. Keith startedtalking about bringing in players and we got the usual noises from the club about backing the manager where possible. Keith was allowed to take a punt on 2 possibles for the future and bring in Kilkenny (who incidentally seems to think he has been sold a dummy, having been told what Keith was going to do then findiing no such thing happened) and only then did it become clear that that was it unless players left. That rigidity seemed to come as a surprise to Keith and Colin has only recently started making public comments on the issue. His comments today suggest he is not even convinced we need any players, in which case I assume he is too busy to watch any games.

Anyhow it seems clear that the strategy is to reduce costs and cling on to our status until the stadium is sorted and ambition has been shelved until then. In many ways that is fair enough and the club should not pretend otherwise. In those circumstances a rookie manager who is obligated to the owner and is not likely to make the fuss an experienced man might is an obvious appointment. God knows what Billy Davies would do given his constant complaints about the Forest Board for instance.

Certainly if I were Nicky Maynard and the club were to say to me, stay Nicky we are goinbg for promotion I would be inclined to tell them to pull the other one. Footballers are not always as dumb as they look, and their agents certainly aren't. If he were to sign it would certainly prove he had put loyalty above ambition; though I doubt that will happen and it is another high risk tactic to wait until the end of the transfer window.

I do hope Colin is not our own George Osborne and there is a Plan B otherwise plan C (how to manage the dire consequences of relegation) may be forced on him.

Pity we weren't told of Plan A BEFORE we bought our ST.

BTW I'd have still bought mine, but it would have been nice to be kept in the loop (wouldn't it NK?).

This feels a bit like the Tinnion situation all over again as many have said.

The squad is strong. With a couple of additions to the defense, on paper, it is definitely a top 10 squad.

As much as I hate to admit it, as I like Millen, I think we would be better off with a "nastier" manager - like a Billy Davies.

Johnson was more in the Billy Davies school of manager and perhaps now is the time to act before it's too late.. Then again I want to give Millen AT LEAST 10 games but by then will it be too late?

A tricky situation for the board.

The squad is strong. With a couple of additions to the defense, on paper, it is definitely a top 10 squad.

As much as I hate to admit it, as I like Millen, I think we would be better off with a "nastier" manager - like a Billy Davies.

Johnson was more in the Billy Davies school of manager and perhaps now is the time to act before it's too late.. Then again I want to give Millen AT LEAST 10 games but by then will it be too late?

Agree with you on the "10 games". However, only on the understanding that we don't find ourselves cut adrift at the bottom. I honestly don't expect this to be the case though as I firmly believe there are several sides who are worse than us....Watford, Peterborough, Crystal Palace, Coventry, Barnsley and Doncaster to name just a few.

I'd rather have KM then gary neville.. I mean i think thats a joke.. Gary Neville.. right?

Well he could kiss the city badge infront of the cardiff fans and put your middle finger up to every gashead!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, stick to Keefo, or bring in billy davis or dave jones... A bit of bottle and a back bone in their body.

2 games gone far too early to panic and i think at the end of the season there will be 4 or 5 teams worse than us ( Cov ,Peterboro , Barnsley and Donnie spring to mind ) however I can understand threads such as these - things seem strained and KM's interview on BCFC Player claiming that basically 'what we had out in defence today is what we've got' isnt going to go down that well with the players - at times like these he needs the players with him not resenting him for (effectively) slagging them off

I posted on this subject last week - unless something drastically changes we are in for a crap season I fear and 16-20th place - but if we lose again at Leicester let's not make AGate like a morgue next Saturday because the players will be playing full of fear anyway ( if played 3 lost 3 by then)

I am not sure what the answer is ( apart from 2 new commanding centre halfs , a solid mobile left back , Maynard signing or leaving and a fist waving leader in the middle of the park ! ) but thats not going to happen and I dont believe ( having only appointed KM a year ago ) SL will be keen to sack him - at prersent the Club want to reduce losses - that stance won't be helped by paying more compensation and then bringing yet another manager in that might not fancy the players already here.

As I said last week I think the plan is to let 10 or so players go that are out of contract at the end of June next year and then rebuild the squad from the funds freed up - HOWEVER I do accept the argument that KM might not be the sort of 'name' that would attract the 'better' players - if thats the case you need to pay high wages to persuade the players to come to you and we don't do that either ( it would seem ) at present.

Hopefully though if we do ship 3 more at Leicester it will shock the Board into freeing up funds to sign a defender or two

On the first point I think Keith is getting at Colin rather than the players. The message is "If you don't let me sign defenders this is what will carry on happening." He is right.

On the second point I have highlighted it is worth bearing in mind that there is also dead wood in the team. It is not a case of fringe players only but of long standing players who have not delivered consistently for a long time. A bigger job that even Keith realises imo.

No quite sure I agree about the quality of the squad but certainly good enough to survive. Davies would be a great shout and the place does need shaking up. Would the board have the balls to take him on?

Pity we weren't told of Plan A BEFORE we bought our ST.

BTW I'd have still bought mine, but it would have been nice to be kept in the loop (wouldn't it NK?).

Just my interpretation of course but plausible I think given recent events. But of course the club would never say it before the season tickets were sold.:disapointed2se:

Hmm. We have played two very strong sides and have a very tricky start to the season. But last season was hard to bear and this season is also going to be the same.

The team needs belief like it had back in 2006 - 2008. I think a massive clearout/shakeup of the whole coaching setup is needed. Starting unfortunately with Keith M leaving.

Havent renewed my season ticket this year for the first time in five years after moving back from Spain. I was at the Ipswich game but will definitely be picking and choosing the matches I go to this year.

Watching City at the moment since before GJ left has been too painful.

Sell Maynard, get a new manager in this week and give him some money to sort the defence out. Plus bring back Basso and drop James :-)

I did and it was embarrassing. That ok with you?

Well done Andy, so did I......I was aiming at the fans who moan but didn't go.

Yes, it was embarrassing but the 2nd half wasn't, we outplayed them and they were reduced to long ball stuff although they were 3-0 up.

Albert was poor today, no effort to get back and help Spence, 2 of their goals came from their left side because they saw the weakness.

BCAGFC

Ahh so you can only complain if you go to every game?

I wasn't there so need the help of those in the know in answering a question: How many points do we get for an improved second half performance? Perhaps Keith knows? SSN seems to be on the blink and shows us having no points. I'm confused, must start going to more away games to aid my understanding......

There were 795 City fans at Cardiff today , so I guess the 10,000 or so others that attend AG on Saturday should keep quiet.

Hopefully we'll have nothing to complain about though :fingerscrossed:

Yes, anyone can complain but your complaint doesn't hold water if your commenting on todays game and weren't there........you didn't see what happened.

I never comment on a game unless i have seen it....................unless Lee Johnson plays of course. :laughcont:

BCAGFC

Yes, anyone can complain but your complaint doesn't hold water if your commenting on todays game and weren't there........you didn't see what happened.

I never comment on a game unless i have seen it....................unless Lee Johnson plays of course. :laughcont:

BCAGFC

Not many on this thread are commenting on today , just the ongoing situation.

BCAGFC

I never needed to go to the game to know we would get easily beat.....

We have only played too games of the season. No reason too panic.

Every reason to panic, we were crap today and only came back in to it in the second have because Cardiff took their foot off the pedal.

After Leicester you'll be saying , 'it's only three games' And so on...whens the right time to say enough is enough. The writing is already on the wall I'm afraid.

Act now whilst there is time to save it.

Won't be wasting anymore more money this season going away to watch that shower of shite. waste of my money time and effort.

Millen sort it out or walk.

its getting to the stage where I don't want to go anymore anyway

You know what mate I was stood there today at half time thinking what the **** am I doing here. I could of been at a family BBQ in the sun and saved myself 60 quid to boot.

Don't know how much more of the current shite brand of football I can take. :(

Is anybody else out there agree with me that its not millens fault, but instead the players? There the ones making sloppy mistakes and sloppy mistakes millen cant plan for... He is not the one last week who didn't clear the ball first time (David James) he's not the one today especially first half could not pass the ball to each other and could not mark players properly!

Dont get me wrong i dont want to get on the players backs and im not someone who does that or wants to, but unfortunately players are making silly errors and its not necessarily Millens tactics that are costing us, i mean second hald we played some nice football and had a couple of good spells of pressue..

Im just begging people to back millen and dont start getting the boo's out already for god sake!

i want ian holloway forget that hes ex gas the man is passionate and what he did with blackpool was turn a side with no money into a prem team he would be the perfect man for us he has character and knows the game well

As if he would come here, he's got more money and better players and a wonderful atmosphere in blackpool where he is treated like a god!

Blackpool is a far more attractive place to go than Bristol city at present!

i want ian holloway forget that hes ex gas the man is passionate and what he did with blackpool was turn a side with no money into a prem team he would be the perfect man for us he has character and knows the game well

A) fans would NEVER accept him

B) why the fudging hell would he leave a stable job like Blackpool, for a risky job like us!!!

Is anybody else out there agree with me that its not millens fault, but instead the players? There the ones making sloppy mistakes and sloppy mistakes millen cant plan for... He is not the one last week who didn't clear the ball first time (David James) he's not the one today especially first half could not pass the ball to each other and could not mark players properly!

Dont get me wrong i dont want to get on the players backs and im not someone who does that or wants to, but unfortunately players are making silly errors and its not necessarily Millens tactics that are costing us, i mean second hald we played some nice football and had a couple of good spells of pressue..

Im just begging people to back millen and dont start getting the boo's out already for god sake!

It's not the footballers fault that SOME players are at a level that is too high for them......it's the management for selecting them.

In Left Midfiled....Woolford is a very professional, hardworking left midfielder who both creates opportunites, scores goals and protects the LB.....While JCR is an attacking, tricky player who seems to be THE ONLY PLAYER (part from AA) who takes the game to the opposition......yet KM sticks Pittman out their WHO IS A STRIKER.

He doesnt have the bottle to drop Skuse or Elliott.....

He didnt deliver in the transfer window in bringing in ABLE defenders.

Archived