IGNORED

Racism

Esmond Million's Bung

Really?! You seriously think that on the pitch in premier league games or in society in general, people walk around just reffering to each other as " you (insert nationality) c***"?

Gladly, this is not everyday vocabulary. On the occasion that it brings somebodies colour into the equation, then for some reason it magnifies the severity of the remark. In fact, if any "foreigner" walked into a police station and made a complain for being called a " Polish/Chinese/Somalian etc C***" then it would probably lead to a criminal conviction. If you walked into a police station and made a complaint about being called an "English/Welsh C***" then they would not take you seriously for a moment.

The world has gone ass about tit when it comes to the whole PC issue and I think it makes things 10 times worse than it would otherwise be.

Agree with this. The black is descriptive, the c*** is the insult. No-one would have given a flying one if he'd called Derry a 'bald c***' etc.

Before we get all sociological and go on about how black people are oppressed in Britain, they're not on the football pitch. Maybe in the 70s and 80s but those days have long gone from the English game.

So, you either ban all insults or adopt a common-sense approach. Calling someone the clearly unacceptable N word (or similar) is wrong. Calling anyone a descriptive adjective followed by c*** is unpleasant, but not racism.

I'm amused by the idea that this is doing any damage to John Terry's reputation. Guilty of this or not he is a piece of human scum anyway - no reputation to damage.

I would put the likes of Hitler, Sadam Husain, Fred West & Gadaffi under the heading of "human scum", not the England football captain, who fancies shagging a few birds on the side!

I watched Perfect Couples the other day the start of the programme was a dialogue between husband and wife (this roughly how the conversation went)

"I saw Joe at the Gym today"

"Joe ? Do I know him ?"

"Big guy, short hair"

"umm no..."

"Goatee, works out a lot"

"You mean the black guy ?"

"uhh yeah"

"Bravo, Bravo, how very enlightened of you, Martin Luther find yourself a new dream as yours has been fulfilled. Where does this end ? Do you even recognise Gender ? Do you realise that your wife is a female ?"

"I am just gonna go walk he Dog ?"

"The dog !? Do you mean our Horizontal living life form ?"

No, a **** is a **** no matter their colour. If however you say black **** or white **** you are making their ****ishness predicated on their race which is, of course, racist, you bastards.

Bet I got more stars than Michelin for that little lot! :innocent06:

There was on Sunday, but it was quickly removed. It featured a close-up side view of JT mouthing something at someone off camera. According to commenters he could be seen to be saying 'Anton, you black b******d. ****ing nob-head', although it could equally have been 'blind' (as others have claimed) or even something else altogether. JT has apparently claimed there was a 'mix-up'.

The problem with lip-reading for laypeople, is that if you approach it looking for a particular phrase or word, you can often see that in the lips. It's hard to be neutral (which is related to the 'McGurk Effect').

What is 'the McGurk effect'? Sounds interesting!

The thing is, if it's racist, it's racist. There's no place for it in the game and if Terry and Saurez are found guilty, in my oppinion, they should be banned for a very long time- even life.

What do u call as racist talk on a football field, if i say to Bellamey you Welsh c u next Tuesday and have you shagged any sheep recently is that racist, should i be banned for life for that?, trust me my friend players say things to get under people skins, players on the pitch will react if it goes to far, with Terry & Ferdinand this didn't happen. Ferdinand was in the Chelsea dressing room after the game they sorted it full stop.

What do u call as racist talk on a football field, if i say to Bellamey you Welsh c u next Tuesday and have you shagged any sheep recently is that racist, should i be banned for life for that?, trust me my friend players say things to get under people skins, players on the pitch will react if it goes to far, with Terry & Ferdinand this didn't happen. Ferdinand was in the Chelsea dressing room after the game they sorted it full stop.

No, you're right that's not racism.

It's xenophobia.

As for 'saying things to get under peope's skins', I can think of many things I could say to a person to rile them up without resorting to racism.

Agree this will be blown out of all proportion know why do these people do it, one comes to mind the Ross/Brand people went on BBC IPLAYER to listen to it so they could complain about it people will do exactly the same now and with him being England captain they will be hyper ventilating about it.

As licence payers you have a right to know what goes on at the BBC.

Some people seem to have it in for JT - his face doesn't fit. I don't.

No, you're right that's not racism.

It's xenophobia.

As for 'saying things to get under peope's skins', I can think of many things I could say to a person to rile them up without resorting to racism.

WHAT?!?! How is calling someone a "Welsh C***" NOT racist?!!

Of course it is! Like I said in a previous post, it is in no way different to calling someone a P**i. The fact that it is not deemed to be as bad, simply makes the argument of racism one sided, inconsistent and down right double standards. The fact that it would make most of us "racist" is what people refuse to accept, before making statements like "JT should be banned for life"!

There are generalistions and throw away comments (which are totally wrong) and then there is personal abuse and intimidation, often bred from a deep seated hatred - which is a totally different matter.

Fair enough but these people who complained are sad. Listen to some of the jokes on Mock the Week there worst.

Very true. That Frankie Boyle is below the belt sometimes, although I don't think he is on there any more.

I'm sorry I don't know who complained, I didn't hear the whole story.

Of course it is! Like I said in a previous post, it is in no way different to calling someone a P**i. The fact that it is not deemed to be as bad, simply makes the argument of racism one sided, inconsistent and down right double standards. The fact that it would make most of us "racist" is what people refuse to accept, before making statements like "JT should be banned for life"!

There are generalistions and throw away comments (which are totally wrong) and then there is personal abuse and intimidation, often bred from a deep seated hatred - which is a totally different matter.

If you learned to read, I said it was xenophobia, not racism which it is. By definition.

**** me!

If you learned to read, I said it was xenophobia, not racism which it is. By definition.

**** me!

I think the artificial splitting of racist from xenophobic excuse doesn't really make much sense. If it did, you'd have to say that calling someone who came from Pakistan a "P**i barsteward" wasn't racist.

Ha the old Welsh one makes me laugh, gets brought up every single time a racsim debate happens on here. Some people need to educate themselves. The Welsh, just like the English, Spanish etc etc are not a Race, they are a nation. Supposing you are caucasian (White) Bar bs3 and you call another caucasian who happens to be a Welsh national a ''Welsh ****'' then you are insulting his nation not his race. How can you be insuting his race as he is white caucasian just like you? If you think about it then you will see what you are saying is rubbish.

Ha the old Welsh one makes me laugh, gets brought up every single time a racsim debate happens on here. Some people need to educate themselves. The Welsh, just like the English, Spanish etc etc are not a Race, they are a nation. Supposing you are caucasian (White) Bar bs3 and you call another caucasian who happens to be a Welsh national a ''Welsh ****'' then you are insulting his nation not his race. How can you be insuting his race as he is white caucasian just like you? If you think about it then you will see what you are saying is rubbish.

So to re-iterate my point, you're saying - by extension - that calling someone a p-ki, isn't racist, because Pakistan is a nation, not a racial group?

If you did, I think you'd (rightly) find yourself charged with racially aggravated disturbance of the peace.

So to re-iterate my point, you're saying - by extension - that calling someone a p-ki, isn't racist, because Pakistan is a nation, not a racial group?

If you did, I think you'd (rightly) find yourself charged with racially aggravated disturbance of the peace.

Surely merely shortening somebodies country of origin is not racist?

Taking into to the extreme is calling Timothy 'Tim' racist?

Archived