IGNORED

Racism

Esmond Million's Bung

Thank You Riaz.

And can I just say you are the one person on this thread that has good reason to be offended but you have conducted yourself well and debated brilliantly with out sinking to some of the abuse directed at Mr Gow.

:worship2:

I dont think there is much to get offended about on this thread.....

unless of course I was type that wanted to get offended...

I do find Mr Gow's defending of the EDL cringeworthy - but I believe he is also BNP, so its hardly surprising...

I dont need to attack him anyway, when mr PC, defender of all ethnics, gays and other minority groups is here to save the day :winner_third_h4h:

It's not abuse, it's pity.

The difference on the poppie thing is I hate those people for their views, not their skin colour or religion. Can the same really (and I mean really) be said about the EDL?

Can it ****.

Missed you TrueBrit, where have you been?

Awh bless, missed you too :wub:

That wasnt a dig at you by the way (well may be a little one) dont see you as the bullying type, more of a talk you to death type of chap :laughcont:

I believe EDL is there because of group of peoples beliefs and to counter demonstrate against another group of peoples beliefs, same as the ANL one of the most violent groups I might add.

What I have read is that the EDL do have a number of moderate muslims in its ranks. I dont doubt the EDL have some radicals attached but no more than any other orginisation, Animal rights, CND etc, to me they are all nutters when they become radical.

Just feel Mr Gow is recieving some over the top abuse for his beliefs which is kind of going against a lot of peoples arguments.

Awh bless, missed you too :wub:

That wasnt a dig at you by the way (well may be a little one) dont see you as the bullying type, more of a talk you to death type of chap :laughcont:

I believe EDL is there because of group of peoples beliefs and to counter demonstrate against another group of peoples beliefs, same as the ANL one of the most violent groups I might add.

What I have read is that the EDL do have a number of moderate muslims in its ranks. I dont doubt the EDL have some radicals attached but no more than any other orginisation, Animal rights, CND etc, to me they are all nutters when they become radical.

Just feel Mr Gow is recieving some over the top abuse for his beliefs which is kind of going against a lot of peoples arguments.

Firstly I haven't seen any of the over the top abuse you claim. Secondly any organization whose main man and spokesman is a recently convicted football hooligan sort of loses any credibility (especially when they claim to be a human rights organization) whatever the make up of it's membership might be.

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon AKA Tommy Robinson is the founder member and leader of the edl is an extremely well known football hooligan and is a complete and utter egotist knob who actually believed he had the wit and intelligence to trade blows on newsnight recently with Jeremy Paxman.

Firstly I haven't seen any of the over the top abuse you claim. Secondly any organization whose main man and spokesman is a recently convicted football hooligan sort of loses any credibility (especially when they claim to be a human rights organization) whatever the make up of it's membership might be.

Ripping somebody a new arsehole for starters !

And as far as Im concerned very few if any of these "organisations" what ever their persausions be, hold credibility when they resort to violence.

As for the Human Rights that appears to be a comment directed at Shira Law and the abuses muslim women have to endure under certain rulings, hence the muslim membership of the EDL perhaps, but a very crude attempt to bee seen as mainstream I agree.

The convicited hooligan argument you have used could be seen just as predujice as some of the comments Mr Gow has made, by the way.

I don't know a great deal about the EDL but am I right in thinking the EDL was set up when a group of radical Islamist burnt poppies, and shouted abuse, baby killers I believe, at our troops on a Remembrance Day march?

I find it strange not one person has mentioned or condemned those actions on this thread?

The way I see it is one radical movement set up to protest against another radical movement both of which are extremist and NUTTERS. There just appears to be a lot of condemnation of the EDL and very little of the radical Islamists!

NAIL ON HEAD - it's loons vs loons. I say let's get it on. It would be an epic battle, think of theatre of it - explosions, brick throwing, colourful name calling......

The whole thing is absolutely laughable and fortunately limited to a very small minority so the rest of us can crack on with co-existing. If at any point it looks like it might break into mainstream politics then we're f*cked but the chances of that happening are as likely as Mr Gow and Jordan skipping hand in hand through Ashton park. Rest easy kids!

Ripping somebody a new arsehole for starters !

And as far as Im concerned very few if any of these "organisations" what ever their persausions be, hold credibility when they resort to violence.

As for the Human Rights that appears to be a comment directed at Shira Law and the abuses muslim women have to endure under certain rulings, hence the muslim membership of the EDL perhaps, but a very crude attempt to bee seen as mainstream I agree.

The convicited hooligan argument you have used could be seen just as predujice as some of the comments Mr Gow has made, by the way.

Credibility.

Credibility.

Poor argument.......half the people running this country/world have no credibility but people still follow them.

I would also wager a percentage of members on this board have/could have had football convictions at some stage that dont make them any less credible. And if you believe it does that is tantamount to prejudice.

I agree that Tommy Robbinson is a c*ck though :laughcont:

As Riaz said, I'm sure we're all opposed to people planting bombs on tubes (etc) or jeering at soldiers and insulting veterans BUT I can't quite see how marching through primarily Muslim areas is going to help disuade that mindset. If anything, by making the population of those areas feel threatened, it's going to drive some people into the arms of the extremists.

Of course, fermenting inter-community violence might well be the hidden subtext of the EDL.

For what it's worth, I thought 'Tommy Robinson' handled himself reasonably well on Newsnight (Paxman is also a c*ck) but the measured tone of his arguments there are a million miles away from the reality of some of those marches - and he bloody knows it!

As Riaz said, I'm sure we're all opposed to people planting bombs on tubes (etc) or jeering at soldiers and insulting veterans BUT I can't quite see how marching through primarily Muslim areas is going to help disuade that mindset. If anything, by making the population of those areas feel threatened, it's going to drive some people into the arms of the extremists.

Of course, fermenting inter-community violence might well be the hidden subtext of the EDL.

For what it's worth, I thought 'Tommy Robinson' handled himself reasonably well on Newsnight (Paxman is also a c*ck) but the measured tone of his arguments there are a million miles away from the reality of some of those marches - and he bloody knows it!

Apart from never actually answering one question.

I'm not so sure about that, Esmond. The questions were all predicated on violence at marches and the background of some of those involved.

Paxo should've been asking what does he hope to achieve by the marches in the first place. That's the more sinister thing.

Archived