IGNORED

Racism

Esmond Million's Bung

So, Anton Ferdinand has made no complaint.

Why do (other) people have to create this type of issue every so often, on other peoples behalf?!

Can't particularly be arsed debating this to any extent when it's evident just how intellectually challenged some of those 'participating' in this discussion are but, seriously, do you really not think the issue is 'created' by the individuals who make racist remarks in the first instance?

As it happens, I suspect, on the balance of probability, that Terry didn't use racist language in this instance (not least because a good number of his team-mates are black and it might make his life awkward on the training ground if they overheard him) but, please, let's not pretend that those who object to racism are the cause of the issue. Racist people are the cause of the issue.

I don't know what the problem is live and let live thats what i say.

Except gingers i ******* hate gingers.

I do but Keith Lemon is a ginger so a bit of respect is going back there. Kick out racism what a joke when players on a football field from all nations White, Black, Yellow, Purple, Brown as in life certain situations will occur not big not brave it's life the people that complain about it are racist themselves imo they want to stir it up.

I do but Keith Lemon is a ginger so a bit of respect is going back there. Kick out racism what a joke when players on a football field from all nations White, Black, Yellow, Purple, Brown as in life certain situations will occur not big not brave it's life the people that complain about it are racist themselves imo they want to stir it up.

Nice to know that good old fashioned racist bigotry is alive and well and thriving on this forum.

So to re-iterate my point, you're saying - by extension - that calling someone a p-ki, isn't racist, because Pakistan is a nation, not a racial group?

If you did, I think you'd (rightly) find yourself charged with racially aggravated disturbance of the peace.

It's context. Biggest problem this country faces is the inability of the population to understand context.

Paki isn't intended to insult the persons nationality, despite it being based on the nation of Pakistan. Paki is aimed at the colour of their skin, or for the benefit of this particular argument, Race. Paki has become the generic term used by the thick bigots for people of asian origin, be they from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or India. That is racist. Calling a welsh person a "Welsh ****" is rude and Xenophobic but as being Welsh is not a race then how can it be racist?

Context is key.

It's context. Biggest problem this country faces is the inability of the population to understand context.

Paki isn't intended to insult the persons nationality, despite it being based on the nation of Pakistan. Paki is aimed at the colour of their skin, or for the benefit of this particular argument, Race. Paki has become the generic term used by the thick bigots for people of asian origin, be they from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or India. That is racist. Calling a welsh person a "Welsh ****" is rude and Xenophobic but as being Welsh is not a race then how can it be racist?

Context is key.

Thank you. Finally someone talks some sense.

Well, there's more to 'race' than skin colour, but I do take - and agree - with your points Jordan.

It's a very emotive subject for many, and I personally like to just avoid it all together, It's a shame so many cannot see past Race, Gender, Sexual orientation etc etc.

The defining of Race is also a very difficult subject, I personally struggle with it, I can't imagine that the accidental ignorance (Of which I am myself guilty) to the exact definition of race helps when situations like this arise.

Quote Raz,

''Well I'm a paki and I'm proud....

and I love paki shops cos there open on xmas and boxing day............

innit''

So you wouldnt be offended if someone called you a Paki then?

It depends on the context obviously. But I would'nt lose any sleep..

For what its worth, I dont think JT called ferdinand anything racist - just a gut feeling tho.

I think the fact that 3 QPR players are now saying they will not be giving evidences, says that it is all boll*cks!

or (just playing devils advocate here) a) nobody likes a grass or b) if they never heard a racist remark they would actually say so and get Terry off the hook and end the matter or c) or they heard nothing at all. Saying nothing is probably worse imo.

or (just playing devils advocate here) a) nobody likes a grass or b) if they never heard a racist remark they would actually say so and get Terry off the hook and end the matter or c) or they heard nothing at all. Saying nothing is probably worse imo.

I think b), but by saying they never heard anything would, in a way, be leaving their own team mate in the lurch.

Terry is a lot of things, but can't imagine him saying that with all the black players Chelsea have. As well as that, having seen the video, he seems to be saying "blind".

I hope whoever made the accusation gets severeley punished

It isn't xenophobic.

Xenophobia is defined as "an unreasonable fear of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange"

Highlighting that the person is Welsh makes the context of the insult anti-welsh and therefore anti-foreign.

It's more xenophobic than it is racist and there isn't a better description available (You're certainly not offering one) So Xenophobic will do.

Terry aside, at least we can all agree the EDL are a bunch of c**ts. :yes:

Isn`t that like saying all Liverpool supporters are as*oles or all Tories are corrupt.? Generalising everybody who happens to be a member of any group or organisation is just as biggotted as being racist. And I am and never have been a member of the EDL nor do I intend to be.

What bothers me here is that these footballers may well be excused of their behaviour because of who they are. Rooney sending off the other week for England is an example of excuses being made because he can kick a football. If JT did mouth racist abuse , and I don`t know whether he did or did not, but if he did, he should be treated exactly the same way as a scumbag mouthing racist abuse from the stands.

If those who talk rubbish about this racist mallerky want an end to this kind of thing in the uk (mainly under 25s who play stupid pooter games)

Then they have to also stop calling people.. cock, tool, ******,prat ,****, etc etc etc

They have to realise that name calling like the above is in every sense as bad as shortening the word pakistani to paki!

Every single day on here i read someone abusing another person ie cock, tool etc

Can someone please tell me what the difference is?

The motto seems to be "disagree with us and we'll threaten you because deep down even we aren't stupid enough to believe this shit"

know any in the EDL personally?

Ever called anyone in the EDL a cock or a word like it?

Ever walked a thousand miles in their shoes?

Know any of their agendas?

Been on any of their marches?

Where do you gather your info concerning the EDL from?

Isn`t that like saying all Liverpool supporters are as*oles or all Tories are corrupt.? Generalising everybody who happens to be a member of any group or organisation is just as biggotted as being racist. And I am and never have been a member of the EDL nor do I intend to be.

What bothers me here is that these footballers may well be excused of their behaviour because of who they are. Rooney sending off the other week for England is an example of excuses being made because he can kick a football. If JT did mouth racist abuse , and I don`t know whether he did or did not, but if he did, he should be treated exactly the same way as a scumbag mouthing racist abuse from the stands.

Agree with this 100%

If those who talk rubbish about this racist mallerky want an end to this kind of thing in the uk (mainly under 25s who play stupid pooter games)

Then they have to also stop calling people.. cock, tool, ******,prat ,****, etc etc etc

They have to realise that name calling like the above is in every sense as bad as shortening the word pakistani to paki!

Every single day on here i read someone abusing another person ie cock, tool etc

Can someone please tell me what the difference is?

Sigh....

The difference is because an assumption is made that someone is somehow inferior because of their skin colour or race. As I said earlier, if you're a **** you're a **** it makes no difference on skin colour.

know any in the EDL personally?

No, would signal the end of any friendship I had.

Ever called anyone in the EDL a cock or a word like it?

Why would I do that? They're the mindless thugs, not me.

Every walked a thousand miles in their shoes?

I'm not sure I've walked a thousand miles in my own yet, they're new. What in gods name does that even mean?

Know any of their agendas?

Read a page of one of their forums once and almost fell asleep listening to the dirge about "Muslim laws" yadda yadda. Utter tripe.

Been on any of their marches?

Would rather have any number of life threatening diseases than help promote an organisation that I fundamentally oppose.

Where do you gather your info concerning the EDL from?

From a moron who used to post on here who harassed me on PM until he was banned for life and then threatened me through Facebook. You need only look at the "types" on these marches to realise why I and the most significant majority of people imaginable think so poorly of that 'organisation'

Archived