IGNORED

Teams Are In

BITW

Where has this 'half of this team are Del's' thing come from. Only 4 of this 11 are. Just over a third.

Calculate our points without Pearson. Then without Wood.

None of them have set the world alight, true. But in a relegation threatened team who don't seem to want to play together, thats hardly surprising.

Well I make it 5 which is "almost" half................. 45 % ?

Even at over a third thats a fair amount that are Dels signings.

True .... but he is a good player and he might score some goals ... because our current strikers don't appear to be doing that as we haven't scored in a while

because we cannot create. Adding another striker if he is up top by himself same problem. Either we play 2up top, or find a good creative midfielder, which del apparently isn't after

My biggest concern is that I cannot see a starting eleven that compliment each other within our squad.

I think with James, Foster, McManus and Fontaine we should be fine. But McGivern is constantly having his pants pulled down. It was my understanding that we were offered McGivern before he went to Palace and said no! Greg Cunningham would have been a better option (but maybe we did go for him, who knows...) With McGivern in the side, I feel the defence is going to constantly have to make allowances for him.

Then with midfield, who plays?! Kilkenny keeps the ball nicely, but flatters to deceive and has no real impetus. He cannot play in a midfield 2. Cissé I'd have starting every game, but Elliott doesn't keep the ball well enough nor attacks well enough to work in a two with him. That leaves us with Pearson, who I haven't seen enough (due to living in Surrey) seems to be much the same as Elliott going forward, but without the hustle and bustle.

Wing wise, Adomah is class and we all know it. But on the left? Bolasie is raw and I'm not sure I'd have him in a midfield 4. Which leaves Woolford. I know Martin Woolford is a good player, but it just hasn't happened for him here. But I can't recall him playing on the left of a four? Maybe thats worth a go.

Up front, there must be something going on. Pitman and Stead scored 22 league goals between them last year. Wood I've not seen yet.

It's hardly a balanced team, and it's difficult to rectify that mid-season.

Why does everything think 4-5-1 is a defensive formation?

Do they know 4-5-1 turns into 4-3-3 with 2 wingers, 1 main striker and 3 centre midfielders?

4-5-1/4-3-3 when set up properly is a very attacking formation.

Cause we play it with 2 defensive midfielders.

It doesn't work with our players.

442 can turn to 424 when we are counter attacking.

1 striker is not or never is a very attacking option

Why does everything think 4-5-1 is a defensive formation?

Do they know 4-5-1 turns into 4-3-3 with 2 wingers, 1 main striker and 3 centre midfielders?

4-5-1/4-3-3 when set up properly is a very attacking formation.

The lack of goals suggests either it is a defensive formation or it is not set up properly. We do not need a Millenesque "We lost but I got the tactics right cos I'm highly qualified" response where the manager avoids responsibilty or denies reality.

There is a difference between those he'd choose and those he can get right now. I honestly think if McInnes had been brought in before we were fighting relegation he'd have a lot better quality of players willing to come to us on loan, as it is we have crap and can only attract crap.

Not really a excuse is it ?

So are you saying he made do........................not really good though is it, get rid of crap bring in more crap?

Well i guess all we can do is pray and hope for a miracle .....

like you said, hopefully others continue to be worse. I remember last time we went down people said we would come back stronger. How many years did it take to get back up last time? I would be worried if we dropped

Archived