IGNORED

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee.......match Thread.

myol'man

The only thing I find embarrassing in this country is the lack of back-bone when it comes to jail sentences. If someone is sentenced to life for murder, they should be there until they die. Not 20 year sentence and released after 10 for good behavior.

Apart from that this country is the best. I feel so proud to be English. A country of our size shouldn't have the power or finance we do which epitomises the English spirit imo.

For me, just the pc bs and nanny state rubbish, I mean, no bunting allowed because councils have not stress tested lamp posts! Unbelievable. Bloody do gooders have made the most bad changes to this country.

Wish the royal family could still say... Off with their head!

Agreed. Where they can marvel at Charles Orlande (sp) being driven down the Champs Elysees in his open top Shitroen !

Well it may get half way down the champs elysee before the electrics give up :)

For me, just the pc bs and nanny state rubbish, I mean, no bunting allowed because councils have not stress tested lamp posts! Unbelievable. Bloody do gooders have made the most bad changes to this country.

Wish the royal family could still say... Off with their head!

This would be my punishments to the vile people on this earth:

Murderers - Torture them and give them a slow painful death

Rapists - Their cocks get cut off

Pedo's - Blinded so they can never look at another child again or something worse.

Spot on mate. Sky News were yesterday saying that 80% of the population now support the Monarchy, which is higher than I can ever remember.

The Republicans may as well give up, because they are never going to get what they want.

Long live the Monarchy !!

I think a lot of people get complacent and take the monarchy for granted and don't appreciate the stabilising influence they have on this country. I reckon some will only realise just how much the Queen means to the country as a whole when she's no longer here.

I don't see that republics are any better than us, so really can't see what the big attraction is ........... b o l l u x to em!

Weekends like this make me proud to be English.

The royal family is probably the only reason why we are famous around the world. Everyone knows where London is becuase thats where the Queen lives etc. So the tourism it attracts is HUGE

Your not serious are you?

Everyone knows where London is because Nicky Maynard lives there surely.

What will happen to the Monarchy when Charles become King. When the Queen dies the connection with the Ww2 generation will be gone and we will have a very different Monarchy . The Queen never does interviews but we know a lot about Charles opinion and this could be devises.

What about William and Kate ? A celebrity couple for a celebrity age. !

Top post, if you want a republic, bugger off to France.

Rule brittania.

For once I agree with you. I am PROUD to celebrate the Queens jubilee, and every year I celebrate St Georges day, because I am PROUD of who and what I am. To all the anti-royalists, if you are against it you should have been made to work, if you do work, for normal pay and let the rest of us celebrate the Great Brittish Icon that is Queen Victoria. God save the Queen and Rule Britannia.

For once I agree with you. I am PROUD to celebrate the Queens jubilee, and every year I celebrate St Georges day, because I am PROUD of who and what I am. To all the anti-royalists, if you are against it you should have been made to work, if you do work, for normal pay and let the rest of us celebrate the Great Brittish Icon that is Queen Victoria. God save the Queen and Rule Britannia.

Bloody hell , how long have you been celebrating !!

Should of been made to work !

That is a good idea to try and unite the country .

You can love your country but not the Royal Family the two are not connected.

Should of been made to work !

That is a good idea to try and unite the country .

You can love your country but not the Royal Family the two are not connected.

I am not the one trying to devide the country,this is all about trying to unite the country, but all the anti-royalists have to spout their rubbish and tell everyone what they think.

If you do not like the Royals, and do not want to celebrate, that is your choice, so why should you have a day off work. As a protest, say to your boss " I do not want the day off, as I do not like the Royals, I will come in as if it is a normal Tuesday for a normal Tuesday's pay".

Any suggestion that the royal family is great for tourism is nothing more than spin from their PR department. There is absolutely no evidence to back this up.

According to Republic 'Of the top 20 tourist attractions in the UK only one royal residence makes it: Windsor Castle at number 17 (beaten comfortably by Windsor Legoland, in at number 7). Royal residences account for less than 1% of total tourist revenue. Indeed, the success of the Tower of London (number 6 in the list) suggests that tourism would benefit if Buckingham Palace and Windsor castle were vacated by the Windsor family'.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would support the notion that having an unelected head of state, based purely on the grounds of hereditary priveledge is a good idea?

Ahh the republic website, talk about an unbiased views...and slated stats.

It's impossible to tale how many people visit Buck Palace each year, because it's based on estimates but based on the stats they use no one visits each day to take pics, let alone visit when it's open during the summer getting 8000 people per day.

Id much rather have the queen as head of state than another corrupt MP, President Cameron

Yikes. God save the Queen.

Does it all happen again next year to celebrate the correct date of the diamond jubilee?

I think you will find it is actually a few months late. Her coronation was in 53, she officially became queen in 52.

A jubilee is given for every 25 years of reign.

Pedo's - Blinded so they can never look at another child again or something worse.

Jesus Christ. Really?!

If you feel that way go live in Saudi Arabia!

Really? So why are crimes still committed in the middle eastern countries where those punishments are working?

Oh, and from a psychological perspective, over 90% of people committing a crime don't actually believe they will get caught. So the punishments would not deter them.

Really? So why are crimes still committed in the middle eastern countries where those punishments are working?

Oh, and from a psychological perspective, over 90% of people committing a crime don't actually believe they will get caught. So the punishments would not deter them.

so why tell him to go live in s/a then????

And what if they are wrongly convicted?

Archived