IGNORED

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee.......match Thread.

myol'man

Millions and millions of wasted pounds (ours not hers) to celebrate us keeping them in the style they were born to. While millions of her subjects struggle to even feed their children and pay their debt to society.

Hurra, I`ll be working.

Millions and millions of wasted pounds (ours not hers) to celebrate us keeping them in the style they were born to. While millions of her subjects struggle to even feed their children and pay their debt to society.

Hurra, I`ll be working.

I think you will find, the billions of pounds generated every single year by the royal family and the queen out weighs the millions spent by this celebration. It really annoys me when people say about the money wasted by the queen. Would you rather president Cameron and president clegg? No thanks

The queens 60th year on the throne means nothing to me and I won't be doing anything different to what I'd do most weekends. Bowls match at Midsomer Norton this morning and a bowls tournament tomorrow at Portzed tomorrow. As for monday and tuesday they are just ordinary days as far as I'm concerned.

Mrs Robbo loves all the royal family stuff so she'll be happy for me to be missing for all of tomorrow. No doubt she'll drag me along to some event or other on Monday...................... :noexp:

Hurra, I`ll be working.

Well you saved me saying it. 100% agree.

I think you will find, the billions of pounds generated every single year by the royal family and the queen out weighs the millions spent by this celebration. It really annoys me when people say about the money wasted by the queen. Would you rather president Cameron and president clegg? No thanks

Well said !

God help us if we ever have to have some boring, corrupt politician as head of state.

Long live the monarchy !

Liz herself seems OK to me. It's the position of privelidge because of being born to a certain family I choke on. How will I celebrate. Horse Racing on Channel 4 this afternoon and a night in with my favourite woman tonight. In Bath tomorrow to visit parents and Sister etc. Monday + Tuesday? Depends on the weather? I heavily suggest hiking along The Ridgeway. Cheers Lizzie!

Think the Royals will play Liz up front on her own with Phil the Greek playing just behind her in the hole. William is now their playmaker in midfield and it looks like he will be their most important player in the future. Harry is OK but plays in Williams shadow - could be a flair player but probably inclined to not follow team orders.

The squad does have too many really average players who've been overpaid for too long and I think the manager is looking to get rid at the end of their current contracts. Andrew is an OK defender but is no longer any good in the air. He can put it about whe he wants, but only with the opposite sex! The hardest "man" in the team is probably Anne but Edward is about as hard as Louis Spence. To cap it all in goal they have "Calamity" Charles, who is as prone to gaffs as our own ex keeper. They don't have a lot of pace but always seem to have stamina and ability to last for the whole game.

The thing is that before any major event, you always think the Royal's opposition will be very strong, but once the "game" gets under way their support gets right behiond them and the opposition strangely drifts away and often seems to get carried away by the occassion.

I suspect this will be a comfortable home win.

Think the Royals will play Liz up front on her own with Phil the Greek playing just behind her in the hole. William is now their playmaker in midfield and it looks like he will be their most important player in the future. Harry is OK but plays in Williams shadow - could be a flair player but probably inclined to not follow team orders.

The squad does have too many really average players who've been overpaid for too long and I think the manager is looking to get rid at the end of their current contracts. Andrew is an OK defender but is no longer any good in the air. He can put it about whe he wants, but only with the opposite sex! The hardest "man" in the team is probably Anne but Edward is about as hard as Louis Spence. To cap it all in goal they have "Calamity" Charles, who is as prone to gaffs as our own ex keeper. They don't have a lot of pace but always seem to have stamina and ability to last for the whole game.

The thing is that before any major event, you always think the Royal's opposition will be very strong, but once the "game" gets under way their support gets right behiond them and the opposition strangely drifts away and often seems to get carried away by the occassion.

Perfect summary, you forgot to say Germans always win as well.

whos there manager....fergie :icecream: :icecream:

Perfect summary, you forgot to say Germans always win as well.

In fairness, the Germans suffered their 2 heaviest ever defeats uder the Royals, although it was not the current team. The last defeat was mainly because the Royals had Winston " bites your legs" Churchill at the back and we played a rearguard action in the away leg in Dunkirk, not disimilar to Chelsea away at Barcelona - albeit with a greater loss of life.

Thinking back to WW2, just wondering that, if he had been around back then, would JT have changed into uniform and a steel helmet and then nipped up to appear on the Buck House balcony along side the Royals and Winston?

In fairness, the Germans suffered their 2 heaviest ever defeats uder the Royals, although it was not the current team. The last defeat was mainly because the Royals had Winston " bites your legs" Churchill at the back and we played a rearguard action in the away leg in Dunkirk, not disimilar to Chelsea away at Barcelona - albeit with a greater loss of life.

Thinking back to WW2, just wondering that, if he had been around back then, would JT have changed into uniform and a steel helmet and then nipped up to appear on the Buck House balcony along side the Royals and Winston?

Well, the game would still have been won by the jerry's be it the saxe coburg's or the Windsor's ;)

Well, the game would still have been won by the jerry's be it the saxe coburg's or the Windsor's ;)

True. Then again, as with the prem league when did the Royal last put out a team of all British players and in fairness most of them were born in this country?

True. Then again, as with the prem league when did the Royal last put out a team of all British players and in fairness most of them were born in this country?

Ah, yes. Home grown talent ruling. Alls good then. Just the one Greek at the back. Not quite as continental as I was hoping, but alls good.

With the strawberry blonde messiah in charge, I'm expecting good things.

Archived