IGNORED

England V Italy (Pre Match Build Up Thread)

Abraham Romanovich

Got what they deserved. A really poor way to set yourself up. From the start of the second half it was clear they were aiming for penalties. Why would you do that with a record of 1 in 8.

I'm sorry, hodgson has set them up relatively well with the players available this tournament. But whoever made the decision to play for penalties from the start of the 2nd half, has severely dropped a bollock.

I'm actually not upset. I'm disappointed we went out but I'm optimistic for the future under hodgson. I think we did well to get to where we did. We won the group and frankly if we had played spain we would have been beaten by 2 or 3 let alone going to penalties.

Brizzle Jordan you have posted some absolute crap re Carroll.

He's not my favorite player but he did much more than Welbeck.

Welbeck worked hard and defended OK but showed nothing as an attacking force.

You've obviously got a thing against Carroll, but you shouldn't let that affect your overall judgement.

Brizzle Jordan you have posted some absolute crap re Carroll.

He's not my favorite player but he did much more than Welbeck.

Welbeck worked hard and defended OK but showed nothing as an attacking force.

You've obviously got a thing against Carroll, but you shouldn't let that affect your overall judgement.

Andy Carroll did nothing going forward, didn't have 1 shot, didn't create anything.

Danny Welbeck had a decent effort on goal, won headers, made a few simple passes unlike Carroll and was good in defence.

To say Carroll done more is laughable.

I wonder if Hodgson actually asked anyone to mark Pirlo.. didn't seem that way and if not why?!

that would have been Rooney's job. But he is not fit, and no way, as long as I have a hole in my ass, a world class player. We keep putting our faith in Rooney in the wildly optimistic hope that Rooney is a class player.

Time and time again, he has shown he isn't all that at international level.

I would even suggest our attack has got worse in this tournament since his recall. Bad bad decision imo.

I wonder if Hodgson actually asked anyone to mark Pirlo.. didn't seem that way and if not why?!

Jordan, you can tell the players to do lots of things, but it always comes back to the problem of not having great players in the side. England have nearly a whole squad of average.

that would have been Rooney's job. But he is not fit, and no way, as long as I have a hole in my ass, a world class player. We keep putting our faith in Rooney in the wildly optimistic hope that Rooney is a class player.

Time and time again, he has shown he isn't all that at international level.

I would even suggest our attack has got worse in this tournament since his recall. Bad bad decision imo.

now this I agree with

Andy Carroll did nothing going forward, didn't have 1 shot, didn't create anything.

Danny Welbeck had a decent effort on goal, won headers, made a few simple passes unlike Carroll and was good in defence.

To say Carroll done more is laughable.

Carroll is shit championship striker IMO sorry but he was shit but not as shit as young! FFS England !

Archived