IGNORED

He Must Go!

Taunton_City

In answer to Red Dave and Portland Bill no we are not all ****** in Taunton, and Taunton City has the right to his views as we all have, after all this would be a boring forum if we all agreed.

Personally I think changing the manager again would be counter-productive and we have to give him time. Its getting obvious to everyone that we aren't going to win many games 1 - 0, but by bring McManus in will help and if necessary we'll need to trawl the transfer market in January to toughen up the defence. But come on lads lets get behind the team or we will have lost the game before kick-off.

tried that as well, none have worked particularly well, have they, whose left?.

Don't know what Bryan has done wrong in any of the games he's appeared in, quite the opposite.

Can't see any sense moving an out of form centre half to left back.

read the title and thought it was a Pearson thread. He will get MotM soon and people will still want him out after the game.

Anyway i think del has had it tough so far as the fixtures have been quite tough 4 playoff contenders (Forest,Cardiff,Leeds,Leicester) 2 promotion contenders (Bolton,Blackburn) and strong mid table teams (watford, now Palarse) when we have a couple of home games with Cunningham back in the team performances will change.

Why wasnt bryan left back today? seemed the obvious choice as Fonts has been in bad form (did well today though) i would of wanted someone to help wooly down the left with some overlapping runs but fonts just stayed put

In reply to sacking the manager, you've only got to look across the City to see what sacking a succession of managers get you !!

Del's in a bad place at the moment, but I've got faith that he'll sort it out. I've certainly got a lot more faith in him than I had in Millen.

Got to be given more time. I can see good signs and a couple of wins could change a lot. Too many managerial changes in the last couple of years has hurt us so wouldn't want that again. Only under GJ were we steady, even when we were lower half of the table.

i think the loss of Cunningham has had a massive effect.

Would like to see Del really play the same team and formation for a few games in a row to let the players get used to it.

And I don't understand why Paul Anderson hasn't been given a chance yet.

For god sake all you prats who are slaggin off Del get a grip and get off his back he is a great manger . And to sack is just a joke

Okay, so since you called people prats because they don't think Del is doing a good job. Let us know where you think he is doing a good job at Bristol City.

I shall give you my perspective. He joined us, initially got a few good results through the new manager factor, then stuck rigidly to his system which produced failure after failure. Once some injuries kicked in, he had to change formation, and got Mcmanus in, the performances got a little stronger, but results were not massively better, then his first choice Loan got recalled, so in a panic he signed Amougu and the guy from Cardiff (who didn't play), he lucked out with Amougu, who drove us forward and just about over the line. So we give him the benefit of the doubt.

This season, Del gets in a lot of players, without rectifying 2 out of the 3 most important positions CB and CM, he then he sticks to his rigid formations and favourite players who do not seem to be performing for him.

So from my point of view, Del has proved nothing at Bristol city as of yet. He kept us up more by luck more than judgment. Has improved our attacking game, while at the same time seems to have weakened the midfield by losing Cisse and done nothing with the defence apart from what appears to be a great signing of Cunningham.

For me he has hell of a lot to prove, what he did at St Johnstone is way in the past. I'm not saying he cannot turn around, At st Johnstone he had nothing but success, and had not experienced failure as a manger, now he is and I don't believe he copes with it well. I hope he proves me wrong.

So lets hear why you think he is a great manager.

And, back in the Stone Age, City were 21st out of 22 in the old 2nd Division and there were calls to sack the new-ish manager. Then we won a famous victory at Leeds and a certain Alan Dicks kept his job.

Sacking a clearly competent manager on the basis of a few results is bl00dy stupid, and it happens far too often in football.

Daft to be calling for his head.... but the slide and the inability to halt it is getting pretty alarming and we're getting worse not better.

Given the amount invested of his backroom staff, I would at least expect a team to be fit, up for it and know what they were doing. Frankly, they looked a total shambles today - outclassed by a fluent, skillful and well balanced team.

A couple of individually performances - Davies looked quality, Taylor did ok but the rest were clueless. Really letharagic, shapeless rabble.

Midfield was useless, exposing a back four who were all over the place. Comes back to what most of us have been saying for years - central midfield general and strong leader at the back. The only difference now is that we need two of each given the woeful performances Fonts and Skuse are putting in.

Del and the backroom staff... time to raise your game!

Plonker. Patience is a virtue seldom in a football fan. We at least attack, score goals and have more work rate about us and whilst we aren't champions league material yet we are progressing slowly. Yes, we are desperate for midfield improvement to help steady the ship and the lack of action inn that department is still a worry. We must not continually knee jerk from one crisis to another

Daft to be calling for his head.... but the slide and the inability to halt it is getting pretty alarming and we're getting worse not better.

Given the amount invested of his backroom staff, I would at least expect a team to be fit, up for it and know what they were doing. Frankly, they looked a total shambles today - outclassed by a fluent, skillful and well balanced team.

A couple of individually performances - Davies looked quality, Taylor did ok but the rest were clueless. Really letharagic, shapeless rabble.

Midfield was useless, exposing a back four who were all over the place. Comes back to what most of us have been saying for years - central midfield general and strong leader at the back. The only difference now is that we need two of each given the woeful performances Fonts and Skuse are putting in.

Del and the backroom staff... time to raise your game!

Agree with all of that, would also add that Heaton made a couple of exceptional saves and didn't do a lot wrong.

Del should be kept. Look at Sir Alex... He started poorly and slowly the team improved under his mangement all the way to the heights it has now reached!

I think it’s wrong to keep referring to Sir Alex / Alan Dicks etc.

For every manager who has started badly and has then been successful there is another manager who has started badly and ended in total failure. Every manager must be judged on his personal merits, strengths and weaknesses.

if del goes at any time then i think it cold be the end of my love affair with city, the man needs to be given the time to fully make this his team....their is no point in sacking someone paying more severance pay, get another manager in who will want to change the team again with more money being spent... Del has to stay he has my 100% backing....i think we will stay up comfortably but if the worst happens and we go down then we have to persevere

Im a big fan of Del and feel he should be given more time but he doesnt help himself with the continued selection of first Skuse and then Pearson. Seems like when fit both will always play regardless of form. This is where the problems lie and im amazed the manager cant see it?!?!

Pearson was awarded man of the match. The bloke covered every blade of grass. I don't understand the negative comments about Pearson.

Archived