IGNORED

He Must Go!

Taunton_City

Never met you and don't want to but with comments like that you are seriously getting on my tits!

Grow a pair of balls and support the man

He needs it!!!!

Get real! Why should we support McInnes when our club is in free fall? He is the manager and he is to blame. We support Bristol City the club not Mr McInnes. Get him out before its too late!

Sorry, we cant afford DM to leave or make any significant additions to our already too big a squad. We will have to go with what we have.If that means the 1st div then thats what it will be. Anyone hoping for an instant fix will be dissapointed and will have more chance of winning the lottery tonight.

Fingers crossed there will be 3 worse than us at the end

It's not the manager, it's not the last manager, it's not the manager before that and it's not the previous one who might have got us up given the funds in the January window. It's not the one before that and it's not the one before that. I'm seeing a pattern here . Someone has overseen this catalogue of errors. Promised funds but are they forthcoming. Did Del decide Amougou, Gerrard, Keough, Busaksy (sp) were asking too much?

Someone oversee's this shambles and usually loosens the purse strings if things look desperate. Just enough. But ambition? That's long gone. Like this mythical stadium. We're being strung along by Lansdown who's lost interest and will go when he put's this club back where he found it.

I hate to agree with you, but I also am beginning to feel this way.

• Admin

Nothing like that! Look we are not a big club, in fact IMO we are 15th 16th biggest club in this league if that!! I don't expect us to be top 2 or play offs or even top half!

Now lets go back to our first season, we had a very average squad. But the fight was their! The effort was 110% every game, well nearly every game! Players would run into a brick wall for the club! Very average players were class!! WHY! Because of the manager!!

Not just the Manager, we had inspirational Basso, on pitch leader (and IMHO underrated) Orr at right back and Carey in his pomp. We have no on pitch leader and haven't since Orr left.

I hate to agree with you, but I also am beginning to feel this way.

I don't agree, I'm afraid. I think a genuinely good manager can create a hard-working, well-organised team without a big budget. It's not like we're the only team in this league with no money. Our players play like they've never met each other before. That's something that should've been improved with hard work at the training ground - it doesn't cost a lot of money.

I Realy don't know what to think ! But very concerned now.

However I do believe that the majority of our squad would find themselves into most championship teams and many into top 6 teams.

It's got to be the training, tactics and balance that unfortunately lies firmly with the manager.

I don't see that we had any less money to spend than most of the championship (leaving out the obvious big boys)

I Realy don't know what to think ! But very concerned now.

However I do believe that the majority of our squad would find themselves into most championship teams and many into top 6 teams.

It's got to be the training, tactics and balance that unfortunately lies firmly with the manager.

I don't see that we had any less money to spend than most of the championship (leaving out the obvious big boys)

Spot on. We beat Cardiff and Palace at the start of the season and look where they are now! I think we have good players, but something isnt right behind the scenes. Usually it all comes out in the wash when the manager leaves the club. Wouldnt surprise me if the players have lost faith for some reason.

Spot on. We beat Cardiff and Palace at the start of the season and look where they are now! I think we have good players, but something isnt right behind the scenes. Usually it all comes out in the wash when the manager leaves the club. Wouldnt surprise me if the players have lost faith for some reason.

Yep, something like that.

I don't want to believe it but there is some very wrong. If he dosent turn this around in a few weeks I think he will be gone. Can't help but think an experienced manager at this level would kick some ass with this squad, and certainly not be scrapping in the bottom half, let alone bottom 2!

We are really in trouble now!

The problems in Midfield and defence have been addressed poorly if at all. We have bought players to strengthen the squad, but its clear that they have not, and yet again we are in a dog fight.

The only difference from, what seems at least like the usual, is we started well this season. We then bought two forwards, when we needed strengthening URGENTLY elsewhere, to complement the Scarlet Pimpernell brothers Morris and Anderson.

We then sold Bolaise who is knocking the ball out of the ball park at Crystal Palace and set about dropping players willy nilly. Then we bring in McManus as we were clealy in trouble, but the guy really is not that good and the bloke we should have had is keeping him out of another teams side!

YOU COULD NOT MAKE IT UP!

DM does not seem to want a settled team he is like Ranieri constantly tinkering with formation and staff on matchday...Except today of course as clearly the worst team this season at Huddersfield, according to another thread, was something to build on!

Should he stay or should he go I'm not sure who we would get to settle things down and that may be compounding issues....Either way something has to change...! FAST!!

I don't agree, I'm afraid. I think a genuinely good manager can create a hard-working, well-organised team without a big budget. It's not like we're the only team in this league with no money. Our players play like they've never met each other before. That's something that should've been improved with hard work at the training ground - it doesn't cost a lot of money.

That's what McInnes has tried to do. I think he recognized what we needed to move forward which at the very least meant having Cisse remain on the books and wasn't allowed to bring in the players he wanted. I think the players on the pitch are probably giving their best most weeks. That's the point, there's very little else to get out of them. They're simply not good enough. I feel sorry for Skuse and Pearson. They don't want to be substandard. There is something rotten at the top of this club and for all the abuse we gave Coppell , maybe he spotted this early on and had enough pride in what he'd already achieved not to want to be part of our inevitable failure. And of course I know nothing , have no contacts and am purely speculating, but I'm concerned that this could be close to what we're seeing unraveling here.

That's what McInnes has tried to do. I think he recognized what we needed to move forward which at the very least meant having Cisse remain on the books and wasn't allowed to bring in the players he wanted. I think the players on the pitch are probably giving their best most weeks. That's the point, there's very little else to get out of them. They're simply not good enough. I feel sorry for Skuse and Pearson. They don't want to be substandard. There is something rotten at the top of this club and for all the abuse we gave Coppell , maybe he spotted this early on and had enough pride in what he'd already achieved not to want to be part of our inevitable failure. And of course I know nothing , have no contacts and am purely speculating, but I'm concerned that this could be close to what we're seeing unraveling here.

There are hundreds and hundreds of players out there who wouldn't cost a lot and who would be better than the shower we have. It's Del's job to find them. Instead we get Pearson and McManus. Besides, we outplayed Southampton at AG last season, and then beat them away too. So these players are capable, they're just not playing to their potential.

Can't agree mate,

Still

Think the majority of the squad are championship players. Many have played at this level

And above for many seasons!

There are hundreds and hundreds of players out there who wouldn't cost a lot and who would be better than the shower we have. It's Del's job to find them. Instead we get Pearson and McManus. Besides, we outplayed Southampton at AG last season, and then beat them away too. So these players are capable, they're just not playing to their potential.

That's the point. They're trying their best and now we're missing the two players who probably contributed most to getting us out of the mire last season.. It was touch and go but Cisse and Amougou made the difference in my opinion. No attempt made to retain or replace them , and I genuinely don't believe that was McInnes decision.

Been saying for a while, why the hell did we sign Baldock Davies when we needed cm cb. We sign the 2 of them then get told cant afford players (ward at Norwich) due to lack of money. Who at board level decided it was a good idea to sign loads of forwards but not strengthen our weak areas.

Yep thats true. Many here seem to defend McInnes, but he has known our defense has been weak since the day he joined the club. Instead of addressing this area of the team he concentrated his efforts on players like Morris, so he only has himself to blame!

That's the point. They're trying their best and now we're missing the two players who probably contributed most to getting us out of the mire last season.. It was touch and go but Cisse and Amougou made the difference in my opinion. No attempt made to retain or replace them , and I genuinely don't believe that was McInnes decision.

McInnes has been given money, he's just spent it in the wrong areas. He's had his chance, time to move on

Just grow up and get behind the bloke. The players are a disgrace at the moment, the squad is more than capable of picking up points in this league.....I actually feel sorry for Derek as his hands have obviously been tied with regards to some of the players mentioned above.

Getting rid will do absolutely nothing positive,the deluded people on here that believe curbishley or redknapp will be waiting to jump into the city hot seat may as well skip the game on Sunday and spend the day on their championship manager video games

McInnes has been given money, he's just spent it in the wrong areas. He's had his chance, time to move on

Can't disagree, but when was this money made available and had the original targets gone by then. Panic buying as we've witnessed previously. Also money for transfers and money on wages are potentially two completely different things. Maybe he was allowed to bring in players who fitted into the clubs wage structure, again limiting his options. I genuinely don't know. Better informed forum members will correct me I'm sure.

Just grow up and get behind the bloke. The players are a disgrace at the moment, the squad is more than capable of picking up points in this league.....I actually feel sorry for Derek as his hands have obviously been tied with regards to some of the players mentioned above.

Getting rid will do absolutely nothing positive,the deluded people on here that believe curbishley or redknapp will be waiting to jump into the city hot seat may as well skip the game on Sunday and spend the day on their championship manager video games

The players are a disgrace at the moment....it's the manager's job to sort that out. He isn't, so ergo he isn't doing his job properly. The fans have a right to be peeved about that. It doesn't really matter what people say on here anyway. If results continue in the way they have been, dwindling attendances will make the board's mind up.

p.s. I have nothing against Del whatsoever personally. I just don't see any progress having been made.

Archived