IGNORED

He Must Go!

Taunton_City

It might help if he decided his best team and best formation and stuck to it, give the players a chance to gel. Today was an utter shambles, players out of position, no shape and a bizarre subs bench. Not quite sure where this 'great manager' stuff comes from, so far he has looked very ordinary, and some recent decisions defy any logic. We can only hope that he turns things around, clearly too soon to call for his head, but carry on too long like this with blind faith, and we could be seriously adrift. All very well to carp on about signing 2/3 players, but we have a large squad, the mark of a quality manager is making the most of what is available. Two tough away games then Charlton, see where we are after those games.

if del goes at any time then i think it cold be the end of my love affair with city, the man needs to be given the time to fully make this his team....their is no point in sacking someone paying more severance pay, get another manager in who will want to change the team again with more money being spent... Del has to stay he has my 100% backing....i think we will stay up comfortably but if the worst happens and we go down then we have to persevere

But how long do you want to give him?? How do you know Millen wouldn't of turned it around! If we leave it to jan/feb we could be miles behind!!

But how long do you want to give him?? How do you know Millen wouldn't of turned it around! If we leave it to jan/feb we could be miles behind!!

im just looking at the fixtures up to end of january and can see us being at around 32 points, say im crazy if you want, but if we are at that point level then, i do think we will run it close but 50 points will be more than achievable, then we go again in the summer...

he has signed 2 fantastic strikers who will score goals in this league, cunningham is a great signing and i do expect us between now and end of jan to put a run of 3 wins together, watford and peterboro home over christas look very winnable matches

Why do we keep comparing Del to Millen. Keith was a great servant to the club when he was here but lost the fans and the players were apparently or rumoured ruling the club before the board were prepared to do anything.

But truthfully I believe even though he had a small break when Coppout came in, the players that GJ and SC bought were all run by KM, so even though he was 14 months into his contract he did have a lot longer.

It's been asked loads of times who if the Del Doubters get their wish, can we realistically replace him with because apart from Mick McCarthy who I doubt would even be tempted to come here.

We need to be patient and hopefully Del can get us working again. Today we were not good but in fairness at least we were not taken apart like we have been recently, Burnley were shite on Tuesday proven by getting stuffed by franchise city but we were f---king abysmal then. So at least there are signs of improvement.

im just looking at the fixtures up to end of january and can see us being at around 32 points, say im crazy if you want, but if we are at that point level then, i do think we will run it close but 50 points will be more than achievable, then we go again in the summer...

he has signed 2 fantastic strikers who will score goals in this league, cunningham is a great signing and i do expect us between now and end of jan to put a run of 3 wins together, watford and peterboro home over christas look very winnable matches

Ummm burnley and hull home were ment to be winnable games!!

Got to be given more time. I can see good signs and a couple of wins could change a lot. Too many managerial changes in the last couple of years has hurt us so wouldn't want that again. Only under GJ were we steady, even when we were lower half of the table.

i think the loss of Cunningham has had a massive effect.

Would like to see Del really play the same team and formation for a few games in a row to let the players get used to it.

And I don't understand why Paul Anderson hasn't been given a chance yet.

how much more time he has been in for over a year now and we are not progressing as a football club i dont mind giving time if there are signs of improvement but there are not and i personally think hes clueless about how to do anything about it.

find it hilarious how del is immune to any sort of cristiscm, yet if this was millen everyone would be rejoicing

Such strange fans..

Isn't it just!

In Del we trust..... Even with a formation an personnel like he did yesterday?

If he continues like that. I'd rather put trust in my gran, and she is dead!

Isn't it just!

In Del we trust..... Even with a formation an personnel like he did yesterday?

If he continues like that. I'd rather put trust in my gran, and she is dead!

the thing is del is also doing things millen is doing, putting strikers on the wing playing numerous players out of position and most importantly not getting results

Why should Del go? because he kept us up last season and signed some quality players for our club. The people calling for his head are obviously young and naive or feel that they know everything about football and him a club should be run.

Give him time at least until January if the side hasn't changed put him on the 'Your Close' list if it still isn't up to scratch after then we sack him and we will keep up with those around us until then just need to get behind the lads on the pitch.

the thing is del is also doing things millen is doing, putting strikers on the wing playing numerous players out of position and most importantly not getting results

Spot on, yet Millen was shite and Del is great.

Del had a good reputation in Scotland, which is fine. But you are as only as good as your current performances, and Del seems to be getting it so wrong at the moment.

We can't afford to sack him now, the guy has pretty much cleared out all staff, got his own in, so has made himself a pretty comfy position.

Personally I believe any manager needs at least 3 years, if that includeds relegation, so be it, sometimes you come back stronger from it as you are allowed properly build.

But that doesn't mean Del is immune from criticism,

I don't think the problem is much to do with the manager but more to do with the lack of decent Championship calibre playing staff in the squad. This was the problem that Keith Millen had before him.

Spot on, yet Millen was shite and Del is great.

Del had a good reputation in Scotland, which is fine. But you are as only as good as your current performances, and Del seems to be getting it so wrong at the moment.

We can't afford to sack him now, the guy has pretty much cleared out all staff, got his own in, so has made himself a pretty comfy position.

Personally I believe any manager needs at least 3 years, if that includeds relegation, so be it, sometimes you come back stronger from it as you are allowed properly build.

But that doesn't mean Del is immune from criticism,

I don't want to criticise Del but we mustn't forget that Keith Millen saved us from relegation twice before last season, I've compiled the managerial stats from Wikipedia:

Pld Won Drawn Lost Points Win%

Millen 69 24 16 29 88 35

Del 49 14 12 23 54 29

so in fact Keith Millen currently has a better record than Del by quite a margin. You could say Del took over in dire circumstances but so did KM, eg after Coppellgate.

I really hope we stick with McInnes and certainly till Christmas. This side can score goals. Last season we had not energy, no ideas and no goals. He will believe sort out the defence but think that will come with a Cisse type player. I still Believe

Things can and will change around very quickly. You only have to look at Palace this season to see that - they all wanted Freedman out yet he put them in the top 6 before he left.

Sometimes it has hard to see improvement but I think the quality of player is so much better. Players like Cunningham and Davies are much better than what we had. I think it is just a case of a few small changes and a bit of luck going our way.

Or we could just change manager again and make the club unstable again...

There a few things that worry me about Del though. His constant use of Pearson who can run around and that is about it. His reluctance to leave a player up when defending a corner. And his recent constant changing of the team/formation (although illness and injuries have not helped).

Things can and will change around very quickly.

I can't help but admire your confidence. Given that four of our next six games are away from home, to Huddersfield, Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Brighton, I wish I could be as optimistic.

"There are a few things that worry me about Del though"

Yes, me too and the number is growing. I want him to succeed, but he has to start showing that he can do more than just sign decent forwards.

I don't think we should be getting rid and believe del will turn it around but taunton city makes a good point that he doesn't seem to know what his best 11 is. He has always mixed it up and you can get away with it when you're winning, in fact get praised for being tactically aware of each opposition, but when you're losing like we are it becomes a worry. Here's hoping he can turn it around fast. When he does I firmly believe we could have a decent run.

I still think the table is taking shape and until Christmas you don't know where you will be.

Reading last season

Our Play-off season was one of the most inconsistent seasons ever started well had blip then it just became inconsistent.

Next 6 games doesn't mean anything they look tough but we might just step up and win 4 out of 6 its other results that will help us move up the table.

Back Del and the boys and we will start to climb. Change back to retaining possession to get baldock in the game more.And him Davies will get 10 plus goals each this season

Archived