IGNORED

Neil Danns

nebristolred

Great little signing. This is something boldock needs. A midfielder who will play the ball to his feet, instead of the long ball chase! I can see a boldock goal this weekend :)

Yes it is! Always liked this boy and head and shoulders above what we have available.

Hopefully he starts on the field. KWIM

I think top 2 will be hard to obtain as its a long old season but play-offs are now very realistic after our amazing start. We are currently on 33 points which is over 2 a game on average.

I expect most of you (fairly) thought we were a poor side after your 4-1 win over us in August but to be fair that side is not a patch on the one we have now. That night we had no Murray, Williams, Delaney, Blake, Moritz or Bolasie and we also had other players playing out of position like Parr on the left wing when he is a left back. In regards to Bolasie, he's been amazing for us, i can't understand why you let him go and for so cheap??

Zaha can go onto to be world class IMO, he is the 2nd best player that i have ever seen in a Palace shirt (the first being the gentleman in my avatar!) I believe we will keep hold of him in January if we are still in the promotion shake up, there would be no point in selling him with a potential £90 million awaiting us in the Prem. When he does finally go i expect we can be looking at £15 million +.

Bit shite tonight for his 5 minute cameo... probably a mistake to play him. Hope, for England's sake, its not an immediate burn out.

Glad to see that the consensus view is that this is a positive move by DMC - ok its only for an initial month, and yes it could / should have happened sooner, but we are where we are and Danns could be the catalyst for change that we need. It doesnt matter that he's 30 ffs, we need someone who's head wont go if we concede first etc. which might happen with a youngster from the far reaches of a prem squad.

However, its equally up to the rest of the team / squad to step up to the plate and respond positively to this - if they think ND is going to get them off the hook, they are sadly mistaken IMO.

Within 2 hours of him signing there are already ***** coming on here criticising the signing. Have you not seen us recently? I don't give a **** whether he's 30 or 300 or whether someone has managed to cherry pick some negative comments from a forum to make him sound shit, I really don't see how he's going to be worse than what we've got so how about winding some necks in and giving him a chance

Only on the TV would be my guess.

Agree with the comment about giving him a chance as well. As with all players , a judgement can not be made until they've played a few games. , and I'll make that judgement with my eyes and not a few comments from message boards or internet stats.

Ive not cherry picked anything from that thread, it's pretty much all like that, barring one or two comments. I was providing a fair and balanced respose rather than immediately going, yeah he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, because we have signed a midfielder on loan, for a month

He has the potential to be good, if he can recapture Colchester, CP form, however, reckless tackles wayward passing and not much in the way of football since March and returning from injured are a worry. It's like the Sean Davies signing last season, where the majority of posters were saying best thing ever, and we know how that turned out. Will remain cautious until he has actually kicked a ball in anger and not got crippled after about 30 seconds.

But hey why let that get in the way of throwing caution to wind and proclaiming all our 'issues' are solved or similar

And earlier in this thread someone has posted quotes from a Leicester forum saying they believe he's the best midfielder they have. Whichever way you look at it, there is a degree of cherry picking there. Also, the fact that you're complaining about him being too old when he's on a 1 MONTH LOAN is ludicrous and leads me to believe you're just being contrary for the sake of it. Everything I've seen of Neil Danns tells me he's better than what we currently have but there are no guarantees any player will perform once brought in. Is he the answer to all our problems? Not by a long shot. Is he a good start? Despite what you and your Leicester-supporting internet friends say, yes

Ive not cherry picked anything from that thread, it's pretty much all like that, barring one or two comments. I was providing a fair and balanced respose rather than immediately going, yeah he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, because we have signed a midfielder on loan, for a month

He has the potential to be good, if he can recapture Colchester, CP form, however, reckless tackles wayward passing and not much in the way of football since March and returning from injured are a worry. It's like the Sean Davies signing last season, where the majority of posters were saying best thing ever, and we know how that turned out. Will remain cautious until he has actually kicked a ball in anger and not got crippled after about 30 seconds.

But hey why let that get in the way of throwing caution to wind and proclaiming all our 'issues' are solved or similar

Firstly, the Davies signing and this one is slightly different, one was out of football for ages due to injury...the other because he cannot get in the team. He should still be pretty much fit as a fiddle.

Secondly, we are bottom of the league and I believe this is the best we can get. I really dont understand how people cannot be happy with this, he is 10 times better then what we currently have.

I would love us to go out now and get Shaun Derry on loan, at least then we wouldnt have to pair him with the one of the current crop of sh*t we got

Don't forget that Del is not the manager...............the small minority of support who post on this forum are....and how dare he go out and get a career quality player on loan without checking the comments on other forums and watching youtube clips not to mention running it past the OTIB keyboard warriors first...

Disgrace in my opinion

oh and BTW.................welcome Neil.I look forward to some midfield ball winning for a change on Saturday....just dont get injured in the process...Plllllleassssse

Rules out every other CM then! How about 4-3-3.

Heats

Foster Fontaine :( Wilson :( Bryan/Briggs

Albert Danns Anderson

Davies Baldock Taylor

You need pasychological help if that's a team you're proposing, far too attacking. Danns + 2 rough 'n' tumble lads in the middle, Albert + Woolie wide and AN Other up top, I'll go for Baldock if Danns is in the hole

Oh, and surely Fonts plays as left CB?

Was a great player for Crystal Palace but completely lost his form at Leicester why cant we sign players at the top of their form and playing really well instead of getting them when their own club dont want them and they look to be washed up.I hope im'e wrong but i cant see this making any difference to our current plight.

If he was top of his form fester wouldn't let him go

Dude, Im not sure what your issue is? I've said I wish him well and hope he doesnt get crippled as per our other loans seem to. I've referred to Davies as was a similar scenario as coming back from injury not played in ages etc, so that is a concern, for me anyway. The too old thing is me and I said as much in my first post o nthe subject. However why let that get in the way of creating 'hot air and bother' rather than having a balanced discussion on here.

My issue is (and to be fair it wasn't just you, though I did reference your post several times) that there is no way your post can be deemed as anything other than criticism. Everyone says "we need more quality in the middle of the park" so Del gets a player with a decent championship pedigree to provide that quality and he's deemed too old. Now if we were spending millions of £ on a 30 year old then i think you'd have a point, but we so obviously need a change in midfield that to get an experienced championship player such as Danns is a no brainer to me. I apologise if my post came across as 'ranty' and you are quite correct that this forum works best when debate is stimulated, but sometimes if I was to state that the Earth was round (actually its a slightly elliptical sphere, but that's not the point) someone would have to disagree and I felt that yours (and others) were such posts

Was a great player for Crystal Palace but completely lost his form at Leicester why cant we sign players at the top of their form and playing really well instead of getting them when their own club dont want them and they look to be washed up.I hope im'e wrong but i cant see this making any difference to our current plight.

How many clubs make loan signings of that ilk ?

Who were you expecting , Thomas Ince , Peter Whittingham , Chris Eagles ???

Dude, Im not sure what your issue is? I've said I wish him well and hope he doesnt get crippled as per our other loans seem to. I've referred to Davies as was a similar scenario as coming back from injury not played in ages etc, so that is a concern, for me anyway. The too old thing is me and I said as much in my first post o nthe subject. However why let that get in the way of creating 'hot air and bother' rather than having a balanced discussion on here.

For the love of God, unless your a **** from California can people please,please stop using the word "dude"? In other news this loan deal can only be a good thing

Archived