IGNORED

Neil Danns

nebristolred

To be fair, he done a cracking job at Blackpool, can't knock the **** for that - and of course, he took his beloved Blue Few down to the basement

In between I'd say he's not done too much. He's a fav with the media, which always helps, and there are a few on here that would back him to do a decent job at the Gate, but I wouldn't want him here - and not just because he is 'one of them'

I'll be interested to see where you guys finish this season before reserving judgement

As an aside, Zaha......how good can the kid be?

I think top 2 will be hard to obtain as its a long old season but play-offs are now very realistic after our amazing start. We are currently on 33 points which is over 2 a game on average.

I expect most of you (fairly) thought we were a poor side after your 4-1 win over us in August but to be fair that side is not a patch on the one we have now. That night we had no Murray, Williams, Delaney, Blake, Moritz or Bolasie and we also had other players playing out of position like Parr on the left wing when he is a left back. In regards to Bolasie, he's been amazing for us, i can't understand why you let him go and for so cheap??

Zaha can go onto to be world class IMO, he is the 2nd best player that i have ever seen in a Palace shirt (the first being the gentleman in my avatar!) I believe we will keep hold of him in January if we are still in the promotion shake up, there would be no point in selling him with a potential £90 million awaiting us in the Prem. When he does finally go i expect we can be looking at £15 million +.

In regards to Bolasie, he's been amazing for us, i can't understand why you let him go and for so cheap??

To be fair, he engineered the move himself. He was no more than a squad player here as thats as much as he had proven his worth to be. A lot of fans here will be bitter about it as he has done well for you when most thought he wouldn't, but just like your opinion of him is good, its based on what you see, he was average here and would only impress now and again.

I think top 2 will be hard to obtain as its a long old season but play-offs are now very realistic after our amazing start. We are currently on 33 points which is over 2 a game on average.

I expect most of you (fairly) thought we were a poor side after your 4-1 win over us in August but to be fair that side is not a patch on the one we have now. That night we had no Murray, Williams, Delaney, Blake, Moritz or Bolasie and we also had other players playing out of position like Parr on the left wing when he is a left back. In regards to Bolasie, he's been amazing for us, i can't understand why you let him go and for so cheap??

Zaha can go onto to be world class IMO, he is the 2nd best player that i have ever seen in a Palace shirt (the first being the gentleman in my avatar!) I believe we will keep hold of him in January if we are still in the promotion shake up, there would be no point in selling him with a potential £90 million awaiting us in the Prem. When he does finally go i expect we can be looking at £15 million +.

If he scores a goal tonight, you could probably get 25 million + in todays market, look at that oaf Andy Caroll for a stat, i just hope the lad decides to play for England and not the elephants!

With Blackpool he has been, before that... Not so much

I think he's learnt a lot from his past experiances. With Leicester he set them up very defensively, they only let in something like 42 goals the season they went down. When he got another chance with Blackpool he decided to completley change his outlook and since then he's been very gung-ho. I was at P'boro away at the weekend, our full-backs where like wingers pretty much throughout the entire game! One thing's for sure, it's gonna be entertaining down at Selhurst for the next few years, our fans deserve this after sitting through the turgid dour football that Dougie served up last season.

Amazing to think we went top a few days after that game, and you were 3 games, 3 losses - look at us now!

Think you're right about top 2 being hard to get, although I don't think there is a stand out team in the league this year. Think (unfortunately) that C*rdiff may well do it this year - other than that I'd say it's up for grabs. Hope Zaha gets a chance tonight, can't fail to be impressed with what I've seen so far

As for Bolasie, as Gazred says he pretty much engineered the move himself. He's not as good as Adomah, in my opinion, Woolford had started the season on fire and we're not exactly short on wingers, so I guess it was a move that suited all parties. Fair shout to him, it's certainly gone well so far!

Amazing to think we went top a few days after that game, and you were 3 games, 3 losses - look at us now!

Think you're right about top 2 being hard to get, although I don't think there is a stand out team in the league this year. Think (unfortunately) that C*rdiff may well do it this year - other than that I'd say it's up for grabs. Hope Zaha gets a chance tonight, can't fail to be impressed with what I've seen so far

As for Bolasie, as Gazred says he pretty much engineered the move himself. He's not as good as Adomah, in my opinion, Woolford had started the season on fire and we're not exactly short on wingers, so I guess it was a move that suited all parties. Fair shout to him, it's certainly gone well so far!

The turn around has been amazing, no Palace fan expected to be top at this stage. We knew we had some decent players though and a fair few of us felt the play-offs were a possibilty if we got a few decent signings in August, we left it late but that is exactly what we did.

I'm suprised to see you where you are, i rated the job that Mcinnes did last year and expected you to push on especially when you signed Baldock who i rate. I have to say that i checked on this forum when you beat us and most people where not getting to carried away but there was one guy, (i think ChrisBCFC?) that was unbeliveably arrogant and stated that you'd be promotion contenders and we would be relegation fodder, this after just 2 games. Bet he feels a bit stupid now :laughcont:

The turn around has been amazing, no Palace fan expected to be top at this stage. We knew we had some decent players though and a fair few of us felt the play-offs were a possibilty if we got a few decent signings in August, we left it late but that is exactly what we did.

I'm suprised to see you were you are, i rated the job that Mcinnes did last year and expected you to push on especially when you signed Baldock who i rate. I have to say that i checked on this forum when you beat us and most people where not getting to carried away but there was one guy, (i think ChrisBCFC?) that was unbeliveably arrogant and stated that you'd be promotion contenders and we would be relegation fodder, this after just 2 games. Bet he feels a bit stupid now :laughcont:

Ha, possibly - I'm sure every forum has them!

I would've happily settled for 15th this season, that would've been progress. Baldock and Davies are two fantastic signings, we've just gone from bad to worse defensively. Fontaine is having a shocker of a season, and ever since the Peterboro demolition squad took out Cunningham we've gone from worse to school boy back there!

I will now settle for 21st - and despite how bad things are now, I'm sure we'll get there

Never dull mate!

I'm suprised to see you where you are, i rated the job that Mcinnes did last year and expected you to push on especially when you signed Baldock who i rate. I have to say that i checked on this forum when you beat us and most people where not getting to carried away but there was one guy, (i think ChrisBCFC?) that was unbeliveably arrogant and stated that you'd be promotion contenders and we would be relegation fodder, this after just 2 games. Bet he feels a bit stupid now :laughcont:

I think he is now calling for the sacking of the manager!

Archived