IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Carey 6

Danny Wilson played with totally negative tactics when playing Brighton at home towards the end of the play off disaster, ending in a 0-0 only about 6 weeks after dicking them 4-0 away and that is when when any chance of automatic promotion fell by the wayside.

I always wondered whether DW wanted promotion. Maybe he'd rather be a big fish in a small pond? He's done it enough since. Maybe that's what Scott Davidson thought too, when he gave him the well-merited Foxtrot Oscar...

Correct, I never saw Ian Baird. I dont claim to have watched every game City ever played. Would be a daft claim to make, as I haven't. But I've seen lots.

As I say, of all the substitutions I've witnessed, I've never seen any City player other than LJ give their own fans an abusive gesture.

Indeed. I remember the Baird incident, not too many saw it as it was a Pre-season friendly, however everyone saw Joe Jordan bomb him out the club to Plymouth overnight and publically hammer Baird.

LJ survived however....would any other player, can also recall on another occasion LJ cupping his ear to the Dolman when he was having another shocker.

LJ - nearly 200 starts at City, over 4 years under Johnson, less than 20 over the following 2 season after LJ left under 3 different managers - interesting

Indeed. I remember the Baird incident, not too many saw it as it was a Pre-season friendly, however everyone saw Joe Jordan bomb him out the club to Plymouth overnight and publically hammer Baird.

LJ survived however....would any other player, can also recall on another occasion LJ cupping his ear to the Dolman when he was having another shocker.

LJ - nearly 200 starts at City, over 4 years under Johnson, less than 20 over the following 2 season after LJ left under 3 different managers - interesting

He was here for 5 1/2 season, McAllister for six. Carey is still here. We are sinking anyone?

This place really is a depressing place sometimes, The guy has just got given a manager job at the age of 31. That is some achievement. He must have something about him. He always impressed me in his interviews. He has a very good knowledge of the game. I think when he was with us he was almost always available. Looked after his self off of the pitch. Conducted himself in the right manner and is well respected by his peers because of his attitude and dedication. Something tells me he is going to be a success and I wouldn't be surprised to see him down here one day. He is highly thought of by the staff and owners.

Would it really hurt some people to just come on here and say well done to him? Why the need to put him down when it has zilch to do with us? Forgetting about his footballing ability he is a genuine nice chap and really doesn't deserve all this chap. I wish more footballers were like him.

Not meaning to split hairs, but getting a job isn't a particularly important achievement. Doing a good job or even a great job are real achievements. His father did a great job at Yeovil and a great job at City before doing questionable jobs at Northampton and Peterborough and a good, maybe soon to become great job at Yeovil.

I agree with you that you get the impression he will make a success of management.

Good luck to him.

Is it wrong of me to want the minutes from your discussion when the subject turns to Skuse-ful? :)

Ha ha. Well JT, I'm assuming the 3 nights in Italy are going to be incredibly alcohol fuelled, but I'll try to remember what happens and fill you in.

Put it this way though, I don't think this particular meeting will result in any surprise changes of opinion on either side!! In fact I think we'll be agreeing to disagree after our 20th Peroni!!! :drunk2:

Not even worth arguing. You really come out with some shit.

An opinion is different to yours so its shit?

I think you mean you are incapable of putting a coherent argument for your case together.

I'll start with mine.

Shit - to begin with, because only one football manager ever thought any different.

Bottler - I will start with running away from Cisse against Reading.

Your turn.

Ha ha. Well JT, I'm assuming the 3 nights in Italy are going to be incredibly alcohol fuelled, but I'll try to remember what happens and fill you in.

Put it this way though, I don't think this particular meeting will result in any surprise changes of opinion on either side!! In fact I think we'll be agreeing to disagree after our 20th Peroni!!! :drunk2:

What will happen is we will talk about it and discuss it and we will each put forward our point of view. And then we will agree I am right. :D

An opinion is different to yours so its shit?

I think you mean you are incapable of putting a coherent argument for your case together.

I'll start with mine.

Shit - to begin with, because only one football manager ever thought any different.

Bottler - I will start with running away from Cisse against Reading.

Your turn.

What will happen is we will talk about it and discuss it and we will each put forward our point of view. And then we will agree I am right. :D

Segueing for arguments sake which u do with every post makes you wrong

Same with Bowie not and opinion just being a ****

I thought LJ was a mediocre footballer at this level, but seriously who ******* cares now.

Nobody can prove themselves right, so as long as you don't find yourself agreeing with Robbored just acknowledge that your opinion is an opinion and stop harping on about it like he shagged your mum or something.

Congrats to LJ on a great start at Oldham, best of luck for the future.

Segueing for arguments sake which u do with every post makes you wrong

Same with Bowie not and opinion just being a ****

And yet you can't dispute facts when put to you and resort to name calling,

key stats in games played in his career.

Only one manager ever rated him, played him and extended his contract- stats prove that - some how the lad managed a respectable career on paper.

Only one manager ever rated him, played him and extended his contract- stats prove that - some how the lad managed a respectable career on paper.

laughable

the stats prove without any doubt that with him in the team we never finished outside of the top 10 in our repective league,

you can not do that with 10 men its impossible,

with out him in the team we haven't finished higher the 15th

Archived