IGNORED

Lee Johnson

Carey 6

I went to the game last night. He incorporated a new formation for them, playing 4-2-3-1 with Baxter having a free role behind Lee Barnard. Baxter was man of the match. He also dropped Iwelumo who has been disappointing. They looked a lot more solid than in previous weeks although Hartlepool were an appalling rabble. A fantastic start for Lee.

I also think he was a shite footballer and a bottler.

Why would that be a moronic statement?

Because it mindless abuse.

If you qualified your statement, particularly the bit about him being a bottler it may give your opinion some value.

I'd say he was the opposite of a bottler. He made the most of his ability to carve out a decent career. That kind of person tends to make a good manager as good managers get the most out of the people they manage.

1. Because it mindless abuse.

2. If you qualified your statement, particularly the bit about him being a bottler it may give your opinion some value.

3. I'd say he was the opposite of a bottler. He made the most of his ability to carve out a decent career. That kind of person tends to make a good manager as good managers get the most out of the people they manage.

1. It isn't, it's an opinion. Mindless abuse would be name calling for example. Furthermore, your post doesnt exactly live up to your name does it. Sorry, pseudonym.

2. I already have, see previous post.

3. Take away the contracts and games given by his dad, and examine the number of times he went to other clubs and was found out and offloaded, and your statemement doesnt bear up to scrutiny.

He may well turn out to be a good manager, couldnt give a monkeys either way.

I personally think that Lee Johnson was a typical performer in a Bristol City midfield that hasn't seen much flair in it for donkeys years (apart from a brief cameo by Hartley). Did nothing special on the ball, could play a ten yard pass, mainly backwards and sideways, had very minimal goal threat but always put in his 10-11km per game according to the Prozone statistics. Probably a smaller version of Cole Skuse without the tackle. Not bagging him, just saying that his contribution was typical of a Bristol City midfield player for years and is why we have always been weak in midfield. The main negative I had with him was a tendency to either pull out of or "not quite make" a tackling situation.

That said, best of luck to him on his Managerial career. He's clearly got some minerals somewhere in his veins to fast track his coaching badges, go on Management courses and even attempt to get a Manager's job at 31 years of age let alone actually land one.

1. It isn't, it's an opinion. Mindless abuse would be name calling for example. Furthermore, your post doesnt exactly live up to your name does it. Sorry, pseudonym.

2. I already have, see previous post.

3. Take away the contracts and games given by his dad, and examine the number of times he went to other clubs and was found out and offloaded, and your statemement doesnt bear up to scrutiny.

He may well turn out to be a good manager, couldnt give a monkeys either way.

True, it's noticeable how little you seem to be bothered by Lee Johnson.

Not bothered if he will be a good manager, have expressed no opinion on that, happy to debate his time here as a player.

Decent enough Div 1 player but not Championship quality. Got regular games at City through his dad being manager and found himself on the bench when his dad was sacked. That last statement pretty much says it all.

I met him a few times. Top bloke, hope he does well as a manager. He already knows what not to do.

Decent enough Div 1 player but not Championship quality. Got regular games at City through his dad being manager and found himself on the bench when his dad was sacked. That last statement pretty much says it all.

I met him a few times. Top bloke, hope he does well as a manager. He already knows what not to do.

Says it all that we performed worse with him out the team than it. I guess GJ knew what he was doing more than the managers that followed

What i find amusing is this post was obviously started regarding the oldham position and possible manager job for LJ, But as so many wanted to just say good luck, Really shocked or hope he does well, with the help of the usual suspects it again turns into another LJ bashing session.

As stated by some on here its not about he did this he did that, its about some supporters wanting to say good luck to a player who through no fault of his own was picked to play, did his best and gave 100% for his club.

If it was nepotism then that wasn't his fault, It was his dads and to a percent the board cause if he was as Shit and a bottler then they should have stood in.

Football supporters are well known for being fickle, but some on here are just, well almost beyond belief, where were you all when we were climbing the league with johnson in the squad, cheering the team and slating LJ or enjoying the ride.

Hypocrites and Bullies.

And i dont need to hear the arhhh im sure he can take it, cause thats the line all bullies take.

dosent matter if your victim is rich , poor, gay, straight, black or white.... you are the problem..

no abuse, no facts or stats just how i see this topic

got proof otherwise?

like monkeh and others who know their stats we were far better off when lj was here

stick that in yer humble pipe and smoke it

LJ was a a pivotal member of our most successful squad. It is not surprising that when we went off the boil when going for promotion, it coincided with LJ getting injured.

Now I am not one who thought he was brilliant or shite, but the guy clearly had a big role to play both before Elliott arrived and when he was here.

People can gloss over it all they like LJ was the main stay of our midfield in our most successful period in many moons. Our midfield has slowly got worse as managers since GJ overlooked him. People can post ironic head in hands. But only one manager has had any success at city, and that was the one who played him. Nepotism maybe, but it got results.

got proof otherwise?

like monkeh and others who know their stats we were far better off when lj was here

stick that in yer humble pipe and smoke it

So Lee Johnson was the only player who made a difference? I never realised that City were a one man team.

So Lee Johnson was the only player who made a difference? I never realised that City were a one man team.

No, he was an important member of a winning team. Hence our drop off in form when injured. He was a good team member and player. He complimented our play.

No, he was an important member of a winning team. Hence our drop off in form when injured. He was a good team member and player. He complimented our play.

He was a member of a midfield that included Elliot, Skuse, Hartley, Noble, McIndoe, and others whom I've forgotten but his presence made all the difference?.......... :rofl2br:

He was a member of a midfield that included Elliot, Skuse, Hartley, Noble, McIndoe, and others whom I've forgotten but his presence made all the difference?.......... :rofl2br:

Umm take a look at the games he was injured. Take a look at the games he wasn't injured. Maybe you can have a laugh at yourself then.

Are you deliberately missing my point? Or maybe you really are convinced City were a one man team.

Nope it is you that have the problem with him and his dad. I merely pointed out he was a cog that played an important part in the team

Hence my statement that I didn't think he was great or shite.

He is what he is, but when that part of the system went missing, it effected the whole team.

Small cogs can make a difference to the whole mechanism. Which you seem to be blind to with your hatred of GJ. It seems you dislike is whole family, or fail to see how LJ functioned as part of a team rather than a individual.

You seem a very blinkered man.

Nope it is you that have the problem with him and his dad. I merely pointed out he was a cog that played an important part in the team

Hence my statement that I didn't think he was great or shite.

He is what he is, but when that part of the system went missing, it effected the whole team.

Small cogs can make a difference to the whole mechanism. Which you seem to be blind to with your hatred of GJ. It seems you dislike is whole family, or fail to see how LJ functioned as part of a team rather than a individual.

You seem a very blinkered man.

So you did miss my point.

I fail to see any point that you have made, other than list some midfielders who played a few seasons with LJ

Meaning that those players each made individual contributions to the team. If any one of them stood out above the others it was Hartley and on his day ( too few of them ) Noble. I wouldn't put Lee Johnson in the same class as either of them. He was never the most valuable midfielder regardless of what you say.

Archived