IGNORED

Dolman Block A

BS15_RED

I'm shocked so many people think its ok to wear them. What do you say to your children when they ask what they it means?

Whatever you what them to think. You could say it was a way of discribing fornication, or you could say it was a way of expressing your love for a team. Either way, it just a word, nothing more nothing less. It's not a loaded gun, or pit filled with bamboo spikes. It's not going to hurt anyone.

Whatever you what them to think. You could say it was a way of discribing fornication, or you could say it was a way of expressing your love for a team. Either way, it just a word, nothing more nothing less. It's not a loaded gun, or pit filled with bamboo spikes. It's not going to hurt anyone.

So your saying its not possible to hurt people with words?

I'm shocked so many people think its ok to wear them. What do you say to your children when they ask what they it means?

Know where u r coming from but it was the final game of the season, we have been relegated, the team have been awful yet the fans say "CITY AS F@@@"

It sort of means whatever happens, this is my club and forever behind them.

I get it to be honest

Im shocked that your shocked its not ok to wear them.

Why is it that people that are so offended are the same people that feel so passionately about freedom of speech ?

What were people expecting?

City as ****? Regardless of offending people (which clearly has happened and the stewards have responded to a complaint) it's just embarrassing.

Ah. The self righteous Jordan. Was it you that made the complaint?

City as **** ? Am i the only one who doesn't get the actual slogan ? Surely taken literally it means they arnt city fans at all more than ultra city fans ? It's been a long day!

look further up the thread, you and me it would seem!

Know where u r coming from but it was the final game of the season, we have been relegated, the team have been awful yet the fans say "CITY AS F@@@"

It sort of means whatever happens, this is my club and forever behind them.

I get it to be honest

I understand the sentiment but don't think the message works. City til I die would have had a better impact.

By your logic Might as well have had 'city as bread'...no matter what bread is bread n all that.

Out of interest, was the spelling like that of French Connexction? Or actually the crude spelling of the word?

If the former, I retract all I have said. If the latter I simply don't understand why people would do that.

Yeah because **** is really subtle and clever isnt it.

EDIT: now thats funny I spell out the French Connecction initials on here and it gets filtered out. So obviously that logo is deemed offensive on here and yet you think its ok Jordan? Tut tut.

A couple of things to clear up here.

1) For those that aren't aware of the origins, the "City As F.***" mantra has developed over recent weeks. Mainly in a reaction to the poor old gasshole neighbours of ours taking an incomprehensible delight at our relegation, even though we are going down to a league they can only aspire to be in.

The reaction to our doom and gloom was to say, "F.*** It. I love City. I don't care what division we are in or what ballsack players we've got prancing around for us, I'm City, and always will be. In fact, I'm not just City, I am City As F.***!!"

It's designed to say "I belong to this club - nay I AM THIS CLUB." It's a term of passion, loyalty and yes to an extent - extremism.

The 3 Lions printed a number of t-shirts, which sold very well on Tuesday nights St Georges party and again today at Flag Day.

I might add at this point - there is NOTHING illegal about these t-shirts.

2) I was in the East End and saw an incident occurring in the Dolman and wondered what was going on. After the Dolman, it started kicking off in the East End. One of the Robostewards decided he was going to throw a young lad out for wearing one of these t-shirts, so word had clearly got round to the stewards that this attire was not suitable for a football ground.

This incensed a lot of lads in the East End and there was a 2 minute period where it was kicking off a tad with the outsourced security cun company.

Basically the stewards created trouble for themselves by reacting to this t-shirt - it's laughable!

3) I have been to many places and seen many "offensive" t-shirts. They are NOT illegal on the main street, at gigs, in pubs etc. Why should the stewards decide all of a sudden that this is not an allowable practice at a game of football (supposedly the most working class of arena's?)

4) At half-time in the Dolman bar, I saw a 5 year old kid wearing one of these t-shirts. Ok, so maybe you can question the attitude of the parenting, but why was this 5 year old not also thrown out along with the other displayers of this apparel?

5) In regard to people finding it offensive, we all have different tolerance levels. Personally, I hate the kids these days that wear their jeans half way down their legs that you can not only see the state of their pants but almost what they had for breakfast. If I see such a thing down the Gate in the future, am I within my rights to complain to a steward and get them thrown out. I honestly see no difference. The F-word might be offensive to some, but to me, seeing the all-encompassing shape of a lads crackhole in his spiderman boxers is something I'm not too keen on. Can we ban it please.

Overall, something that was meant to be a bit of a laugh, has ended with the club looking like nobbers again and not really understanding the humour of our support. Sad really that a lot our fans on this thread also don't seem to understand the intended humour, even though, judging from the comments, a lot of you haven't even seen the damn shirt!!!!

My mate used to walk around with a t-shirt showing the picture of the long-haired effeminate looking drummer from that band that sang 'Mmm...Bop'.

It read - "I F.***ed the Girl From Hanson".

Offensive or funny - you decide? And would I be ejected from Ashton Gate if I wore it? I might borrow it off him and wear it next season to test the waters?

Other than my football boots haven't owned anything Nike, Adidas or other sports brand for years barring the occasional Football shirt.

Converses and Skinny jeans thank you, none of this Chav shit thank you TB :)

You play football, now you really are taking the p-ss, time you took a long hard look at yourself and grew some. You might struggle with the long and hard bit.

A couple of things to clear up here.

1) For those that aren't aware of the origins, the "City As F.***" mantra has developed over recent weeks. Mainly in a reaction to the poor old gasshole neighbours of ours taking an incomprehensible delight at our relegation, even though we are going down to a league they can only aspire to be in.

The reaction to our doom and gloom was to say, "F.*** It. I love City. I don't care what division we are in or what ballsack players we've got prancing around for us, I'm City, and always will be. In fact, I'm not just City, I am City As F.***!!"

It's designed to say "I belong to this club - nay I AM THIS CLUB." It's a term of passion, loyalty and yes to an extent - extremism.

The 3 Lions printed a number of t-shirts, which sold very well on Tuesday nights St Georges party and again today at Flag Day.

I might add at this point - there is NOTHING illegal about these t-shirts.

2) I was in the East End and saw an incident occurring in the Dolman and wondered what was going on. After the Dolman, it started kicking off in the East End. One of the Robostewards decided he was going to throw a young lad out for wearing one of these t-shirts, so word had clearly got round to the stewards that this attire was not suitable for a football ground.

This incensed a lot of lads in the East End and there was a 2 minute period where it was kicking off a tad with the outsourced security cun company.

Basically the stewards created trouble for themselves by reacting to this t-shirt - it's laughable!

3) I have been to many places and seen many "offensive" t-shirts. They are NOT illegal on the main street, at gigs, in pubs etc. Why should the stewards decide all of a sudden that this is not an allowable practice at a game of football (supposedly the most working class of arena's?)

4) At half-time in the Dolman bar, I saw a 5 year old kid wearing one of these t-shirts. Ok, so maybe you can question the attitude of the parenting, but why was this 5 year old not also thrown out along with the other displayers of this apparel?

5) In regard to people finding it offensive, we all have different tolerance levels. Personally, I hate the kids these days that wear their jeans half way down their legs that you can not only see the state of their pants but almost what they had for breakfast. If I see such a thing down the Gate in the future, am I within my rights to complain to a steward and get them thrown out. I honestly see no difference. The F-word might be offensive to some, but to me, seeing the all-encompassing shape of a lads crackhole in his spiderman boxers is something I'm not too keen on. Can we ban it please.

Overall, something that was meant to be a bit of a laugh, has ended with the club looking like nobbers again and not really understanding the humour of our support. Sad really that a lot our fans on this thread also don't seem to understand the intended humour, even though, judging from the comments, a lot of you haven't even seen the damn shirt!!!!

My mate used to walk around with a t-shirt showing the picture of the long-haired effeminate looking drummer from that band that sang 'Mmm...Bop'.

It read - "I F.***ed the Girl From Hanson".

Offensive or funny - you decide? And would I be ejected from Ashton Gate if I wore it? I might borrow it off him and wear it next season to test the waters?

To be honest, the slogan till doesn't make any sense, and isn't particularly funny. that said it doesn't really bother me, if fans want to wear it fair enough.

Just seems like swearing for the sake of swearing, each to their own.

To be honest, the slogan till doesn't make any sense, and isn't particularly funny. that said it doesn't really bother me, if fans want to wear it fair enough.

Just seems like swearing for the sake of swearing, each to their own.

Yep, it's not particularly funny, nor is it particularly inventive, just one of those things that kinda grows. Just a bit of a laugh amongst a particular group of supporters - no reason to eject people from the ground!

Yep, it's not particularly funny, nor is it particularly inventive, just one of those things that kinda grows. Just a bit of a laugh amongst a particular group of supporters - no reason to eject people from the ground!

I agree, no need to chuck people out. Especially as it seems the people being booted out are the lifeblood of the club

Ok 9 hours and several pages later, where is DaveL and the club response on this one because it's required. I'm sure it's lots of fun handing out undersized caps to disappointed kids for their first City game, but lets do a bit of liasing now.

What were people expecting?

City as ****? Regardless of offending people (which clearly has happened and the stewards have responded to a complaint) it's just embarrassing.

So you defend Suarez for being a racist and for biting people yet slag off your fellow city fans for having a swear word on their tops. Sorry but your morals truly are ****** up!!

Ok 9 hours and several pages later, where is DaveL and the club response on this one because it's required. I'm sure it's lots of fun handing out undersized caps to disappointed kids for their first City game, but lets do a bit of liasing now.

Most likely on a plane to somewhere hot and exotic following a long hard season.

I have two children, 5 and 8. They both no swear words. They picked it up in the play grounds and parks but what they do know is they are not to use these words under any circumstances. What I'm getting at is its the responsibility of the parents to educate their children. It's not up to me to hide everyone else's kid away from things.

And tbh everyone is assuming that all kids can read and that they know the meaning of the word.

As I see it the to shirt is a sign of loyalty and they then get thrown out for having that loyalty. Strange strange world that we live in.

Archived