IGNORED

Dolman Block A

BS15_RED

It seems quite obvious that these T-shirts could be deemed as offensive, no-one can argue that. They have a swear word on the front.

The club wants to allow the fans to have as much freedom as possible, that's why the stewards did not ask shirts to be removed on entry.

However, when people begin to complain it backs the club into a corner. Either tell supporters to relax or ask the people wearing the offensive t-shirt to cover it up.

Quite obvious what the right thing to do is. The club will know that they aren't going to win any friends but they must act for the good of the 'family club' label that is banded around.

Of course, you can argue against modern football and over sensitive people needing to relax but this was the only thing the club could do.

People were offended by an offensive word.

It seems quite obvious that these T-shirts could be deemed as offensive, no-one can argue that. They have a swear word on the front.

The club wants to allow the fans to have as much freedom as possible, that's why the stewards did not ask shirts to be removed on entry.

However, when people begin to complain it backs the club into a corner. Either tell supporters to relax or ask the people wearing the offensive t-shirt to cover it up.

Quite obvious what the right thing to do is. The club will know that they aren't going to win any friends but they must act for the good of the 'family club' label that is banded around.

Of course, you can argue against modern football and over sensitive people needing to relax but this was the only thing the club could do.

So should all songs with swearing be banned if a complaint is made?

So should all songs with swearing be banned if a complaint is made?

Not at all, that's a far harder thing to police and many will know that songs with swear words in will be at a football game before going.

I don't particularly agree with removing fans. I think that only designated family area's should be free of swearing and offensive shirts.

But as a club, they had no other option.

Not at all, that's a far harder thing to police and many will know that songs with swear words in will be at a football game before going.

I don't particularly agree with removing fans. I think that only designated family area's should be free of swearing and offensive shirts.

But as a club, they had no other option.

Of course they had other options.

I wasn't - were you?

I can't believe in 2013 anyone is truly offended by a word that has become almost mainstream.

Indeed people such as Gordon Ramsey make it their own descriptor of choice! . When was the last film you saw that DIDN't contain this word?

If you have kids (I've had 3) do you honestly think you will shield and protect them from this awful word?

What does it even mean though? They are "City as ****" Thick as Sh*t more like. Whats the point in wearing them, let alone paying money and actually buying them. Much much better ways to show support for the club. Its not the words really that offend me im not bothered at all, but can see why people would be put off from brining thier children to the games. Most people that support this club have an IQ they can count on one hand!

No, apparently it's true. Must have passed me by with all the controversy about the T-shirts :(

Well that ****ed my mother ****ing weekend up.

And how much were those t-shirts anyway I have a 80th birthday party to attend next week may just liven things up a bit if I wear one ?

What does it even mean though? They are "City as ****" Thick as Sh*t more like. Whats the point in wearing them, let alone paying money and actually buying them. Much much better ways to show support for the club. Its not the words really that offend me im not bothered at all, but can see why people would be put off from brining thier children to the games. Most people that support this club have an IQ they can count on one hand!

There was a very good explanation earlier in the thread, probably about halfway through.

In my opinion wearing those t shirts shows a low IQ, complaining about them even lower, acting on the complaint and claiming that the complaint gave them no choice in the matter, well I don't think IQ scores go into the minus , but if they did!

What a fuss over a bit of cloth that in a few months will be polishing a car or perhaps a bike.

Can I wear a shirt saying Fontaine is a c- - t?

What he has his own cult ?

Ive just found out weve been relegated now I find out our star defender has his own relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

I love this forum you learn new stuff every day.

Ive just found out weve been relegated now I find out our star defender has his own relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

Cult? I meant clit.

And this season's award for Best Use of a Dictionary goes to...

TRUEBRIT66 ;)

Archived