IGNORED

Congrats Yeovil

Nibor

Holloway represents Bristol Rovers. Yeovil represent Gary Johnson.

It is a bit different, let's be fair.

I dont mean that way, i was on about the passion of fans and that hard streak that was once there towards other managers, players and clubs. ( that no one would ever give credit unless it was to their own) and was using the Holloway clapping as a metaphor.

I have no problem with GJ and am pleased for him, though i have no reason to be towards Yeovil.

Attention seeker.

Very well done Yeovil and GJ and Jamie Mac, fantastic achievement.

Enjoy the Championship.

Attention seeker?

Why? Because I dont agree or wont take part in the Yeovil wankathon?

Please. I love it how people get shot down or are tried to be "be-littled" just because they dont.go with the crowd.

Today is an embarassing day for Bristol football

No different to clapping Holloway in some ways. Fair play to them and all that but why should any City fan be pleased is beyond me.

Rubbish. Why would any City fan be bitter about Yeovil? Small town club 40 miles away doing really well, we've got strong ties in players and managers going both directions, fair play to them. Don't pretend there's a rivalry anything like the sags, what nonsense.

You can despise the sags without being bitter towards every other club, nothing to do with being 'ard or soft like a few divvies seem to think.

Rubbish. Why would any City fan be bitter about Yeovil? Small town club 40 miles away doing really well, we've got strong ties in players and managers going both directions, fair play to them. Don't pretend there's a rivalry anything like the sags, what nonsense.

You can despise the sags without being bitter towards every other club, nothing to do with being 'ard or soft like a few divvies seem to think.

Whos bitter? I have said congratulations but thats where it ends. They are not rivals to me but i bet to their fans we will be on the end of bragging rights as if we are rivals.

Just because you feel that way does not mean I and others have to as well.

As I said...I am bitter, very bitter.

Congrats to Yeovil and all that, but for me its the cherry on a great big embarrassment cake for us.

Even more embarrassing is the love in with Yeovil on here.....

I think we're all embarrassed. and as for the general love in towards Yeovil, well I prefer to think that football supporters recognise an achievement when they see one. what may be a short lived achievement is neither here nor there, but I'd like to think city fans aren't short minded enough to begrudge someone their time in the sun.

If you're talking about genuine embarrassment, I sincerely hope Messrs Lansdown, and the rest of the board are suffering like the rest of us after the complete pigs ear they've made of running the club in the last 5 years.

Delighted for Yeovil but what a bummer for Brentford; can't help but feel sorry for them. They were one penalty kick from promotion and apparently fought like hell in the 2nd half this afternoon. That's football and, in the end, I'm delighted that at last some success has come to a South West team. That Andy bloke is really some sad b******!

Oh pipe down.....out of interest, would Yeovil fans be just as gratious as we are?

Nah dont think so

Loads back us when we got the the Play Off Final under Johnson.

You are clearly a idiot.

Well done Yeovil, great season for them.

Gotta say big well done to Yeovil, But at the same time it's embarrassing, our board should be ashamed, so many poor decisions.....

You mean players, they have been as much of an embarrassment to BCFC as the Yeovil players have been a credit to them.

So will they poach any of our players now they're a better team than us?

They have already taken two of the better ones in Edwards & McAllister not to mention our most successful manager in years. It's not just about money, it's about spotting the potential in a player to provide waht you need at the time.

....ah name calling. Mature.

Don't take the moral high ground.

This is a congrats thread, if you don't like it then don't comment or start a new thread.

You don't turn up to weddings and high jack their big day do you, so don't hijack Yeovils big day.

We have a lot of connection with Yeovil and I'm happy to see ex City go up.

Why not start another thread where you can express your bitterness with like minded souls and leave this one for those who recognise a hell of an achievement when they see one and are not small minded, or mean spirited ?

"Mean spirited"....jesus, anyone would think your about to break down in tears.

Ill leave you and the rest of the Yeov....er, Cit....Yeov...?? Whatever you are....to enjoy your day.

Whos bitter? I have said congratulations but thats where it ends. They are not rivals to me but i bet to their fans we will be on the end of bragging rights as if we are rivals.

Just because you feel that way does not mean I and others have to as well.

They're not rivals to you but congratulating them is the same as praising Holloway? It doesn't add up.

For what it's worth our fans on here showing the bitterness are the same ones that are always quick to drag our own club down. That negativity's a big problem for the club IMO.

They're not rivals to you but congratulating them is the same as praising Holloway? It doesn't add up.

For what it's worth our fans on here showing the bitterness are the same ones that are always quick to drag our own club down. That negativity's a big problem for the club IMO.

Ok....ill ask the question...how do I bring our club down? Please enlighten me

That was the final straw, however he was under ridiculous pressure at the time and was fighting for his job for 'only' having us at midtable in the championship. Those 'supporters' and some players must take some responsibility.

I don't remember any great lobbying or pressure on Johnson from fans at the time, other than a very small yet vocal minority. Sure, many were unhappy with the directions things were taking, but I believe the majority wanted GJ to stay at City.

Anyway, many congrats to Gary and the Glovers.

Archived