IGNORED

Congrats Yeovil

Nibor

Take off the blinkers. Johnson had become the problem, he lost the players,we were headed downwards when he left. Being City, we compounded one bad situation by making not one, not two, but THREE bad appointments in sucession, which has left us deep in the shit. Johnsons team which took us to that pray off final was his high point, as it MASSIVELY overacheived (As it subsequently proved in successive seasons), giving all City fans a massive boost, and deluding us into thinking we were a Prem club in waiting. We never were. Johnsons subsquent signings led to the downward spiral.

As for Robboreds little agenda, there would be about 2.5 people who agreed with his pathetic little vendetta. A lot, lot more of us disagreed with Johnson's tactics etc etc. So dont even tag those of us in with his pathetic little vendetta. The GJ groupies continue to say through the teeth of any other eveidence that all in the garden was groovy, and it was us nasty evil, vindictive fans drove him out. Look at the evidence of his stays at Northampton & Peterboro. While he brought us great times, he also brought us turgid negative football, the delights of Jevons, Savage, Akinde, Adebola, John, Ageymang, and the awful loan signings...not to mention the almost constant falling out with various players.

Well done Yeovil, and also to Johnson. However he started the mess we're in now, and it really, really, really is time to move on. Oh and for Mr O Driscoll to use this as a massive tool to get us promoted.

Oh and give Mr Johnson his signings back. Fontaine & Elliott. Please.

Exactly. I'm grateful for everything Johnson did for us from 2004 - 2009 and he gave us the best times of my life-time as a Bristol City supporter and, when he was under pressure, I initially wanted him to stay but ultimately in his last season he bought a load of players who he couldn't fit into the team, kept changing formations even after we'd won and had lost the togetherness, team spirit and organisation that led to us doing so well in 2007 - 2008. After the Cardiff game it was obvious his position was impossible and it became totally untenable after Plymouth. The mistake wasn't getting rid of Johnson but, in hindsight - I can understand how it happened at the time - appointing a manager who had quit his previous job after falling out of love with football management. We could - and probably should - have gone for O'Driscoll three years before we did and he would have inherited a club in much better shape.

I'm made up that Johnson's proven once again that he's a good manager at Yeovil and that things are going well for him after Peterboro and Northampton, I think he deserves every success next season with Yeovil (and much more credit for his time at City than he gets form some of our supporters) but it was the right time for him to move on.

No, I don't think it was good.

But I don't think he was a bottler, a useless ****, an underacheiver of the finest order...

He did well enough in 2005 after Tinnion left and again in 2010 after GJ left, and IMO was no worse than the bloke that replaced him.

I really feel for Millen. Whenever he gave interviews I thought his ideas were good but he obviously lacked the experience and wherewithal to translate that onto the pitch. Obviously that's a prerequisite for a manager and I'm not defending his record but I don't think he was an idiot by a long-stretch and, much as I don't want Palace to go up, I'm pleased to see him doing well as an assistant somewhere else.

I really feel for Millen. Whenever he gave interviews I thought his ideas were good but he obviously lacked the experience and wherewithal to translate that onto the pitch. Obviously that's a prerequisite for a manager and I'm not defending his record but I don't think he was an idiot by a long-stretch and, much as I don't want Palace to go up, I'm pleased to see him doing well as an assistant somewhere else.

millen was never cut out to be a manager good number 2 but not a manager, You ether have it or you don't and he fell into the don'ts,

And I think we agreed Robbored now has to bare his arse in Burtons window?

As I wrote a few months ago -

"If Yeovil get promoted does Robbored have to bare his ar$e in Burton's shop window or else he is banned from OTIB for life?"

Exactly. I'm grateful for everything Johnson did for us from 2004 - 2009 and he gave us the best times of my life-time as a Bristol City supporter and, when he was under pressure, I initially wanted him to stay but ultimately in his last season he bought a load of players who he couldn't fit into the team, kept changing formations even after we'd won and had lost the togetherness, team spirit and organisation that led to us doing so well in 2007 - 2008. After the Cardiff game it was obvious his position was impossible and it became totally untenable after Plymouth. The mistake wasn't getting rid of Johnson but, in hindsight - I can understand how it happened at the time - appointing a manager who had quit his previous job after falling out of love with football management. We could - and probably should - have gone for O'Driscoll three years before we did and he would have inherited a club in much better shape.

I'm made up that Johnson's proven once again that he's a good manager at Yeovil and that things are going well for him after Peterboro and Northampton, I think he deserves every success next season with Yeovil (and much more credit for his time at City than he gets form some of our supporters) but it was the right time for him to move on.

Take off the blinkers. Johnson had become the problem, he lost the players,we were headed downwards when he left. Being City, we compounded one bad situation by making not one, not two, but THREE bad appointments in sucession, which has left us deep in the shit. Johnsons team which took us to that pray off final was his high point, as it MASSIVELY overacheived (As it subsequently proved in successive seasons), giving all City fans a massive boost, and deluding us into thinking we were a Prem club in waiting. We never were. Johnsons subsquent signings led to the downward spiral.

As for Robboreds little agenda, there would be about 2.5 people who agreed with his pathetic little vendetta. A lot, lot more of us disagreed with Johnson's tactics etc etc. So dont even tag those of us in with his pathetic little vendetta. The GJ groupies continue to say through the teeth of any other eveidence that all in the garden was groovy, and it was us nasty evil, vindictive fans drove him out. Look at the evidence of his stays at Northampton & Peterboro. While he brought us great times, he also brought us turgid negative football, the delights of Jevons, Savage, Akinde, Adebola, John, Ageymang, and the awful loan signings...not to mention the almost constant falling out with various players.

Well done Yeovil, and also to Johnson. However he started the mess we're in now, and it really, really, really is time to move on. Oh and for Mr O Driscoll to use this as a massive tool to get us promoted.

Oh and give Mr Johnson his signings back. Fontaine & Elliott. Please.

I see your point of view on this but in reality the facts speak for themselves.

GJ has got a team promoted from non-league to the championship with a budget, infrastructure and fan base that's a fraction of what we have here.

I would concede if there was some argument to make that in some way he fluked this because of the budget he had or the amazing club infrastructure available at Yeovil, but that isn't the case. He did all this in spite of not having these things.

And then you look at us, with our big fan base, billionaire chairman and current squad of Championship certified players and jesus christ what a mess.

The mistake that was made after plymouth was the fans and board siding with the players rather than backing GJ 100% to clear everything out and build for the future.

We had the best manager of 25 years with which to build a great team around and we ******* blew it.

In the end the fans get the club they deserve.

utter tosh.

A small minority of fans who were in positions of influence???? like who?? what a ridiculous statement.

Gary Johnson was one of the best things that happened to this club, but time certainly fades the memory. The bloke ran out of ideas, he was allowed to keep throwing money at a situation he had no idea how to resolve. Look at all the players he wasted money on in his last couple of years, look at the contracts he offered out, some we are still stuck with now or only just paying off.

Like i said, Gary was amazing for this club, and when he was here, he gave me the best years i've had supporting the club. His last two years were terrible and we were heading in one direction with him, and thats where we find ourselves now.

I dont believe he was a bully....and I believe he is a good manager. Would I like him in charge of us now? my heart says yes...because were in league 1, and he has proved how successful he is in this league.

Were we right to get rid of him at the time...absolutely. Even the greatest managers at times run out of ideas at clubs and need to move on. GJ fell into that category

Yes, but who was signing off the cheques Andy??

Ok, so by all accounts Gary was a very persuasive man but his spending should've been reigned in by Lansdown.

As proved once again at Yeovil, the man is a miracle worker on a budget and I just wonder if he may have continued to work wonders at City had he been made to continue to bring in lower league players with something to prove instead of Jamal, Agyemang, Hoffmeister of whatever he was called etc etc

That said Gary never seemed keen on bringing younger players from the academy through. He is a short term fix manager ultimately but his wheeling and dealing works perfectly at a club like Yeovil.

The bad news for Yeovil is that it's going to be so hard, nigh on impossible, for them to sustain themselves at Championship level even more so with FFP. Wouldn't rule them out staying up next season though, how could you after the season we had up there in 2007/08?

Ok, so by all accounts Gary was a very persuasive man but his spending should've been reigned in by Lansdown.

As proved once again at Yeovil, the man is a miracle worker on a budget and I just wonder if he may have continued to work wonders at City had he been made to continue to bring in lower league players with something to prove instead of Jamal, Agyemang, Hoffmeister of whatever he was called etc etc

That said Gary never seemed keen on bringing younger players from the academy through. He is a short term fix manager ultimately but his wheeling and dealing works perfectly at a club like Yeovil.

The bad news for Yeovil is that it's going to be so hard, nigh on impossible, for them to sustain themselves at Championship level even more so with FFP. Wouldn't rule them out staying up next season though, how could you after the season we had up there in 2007/08?

Absolutely agree with the "who signed the cheques" comment. Couldnt agree more....in just replying to the people who seem to think we would be flourishing as a club had GJ stayed.

Also agree on he performs best with getting the best out of lower division players. Holloways the same...give Hollowbrain a bit of cash and a bit of real ambition...he blows it. Look at the job he did at Leicester.

Gary was a great manager for us, but his time was up

Not really. 20k went but they dont all come from Yeovil do they. Most of them jumped on the band wagon as happens with all clubs. There average attendence was 4k.

Couldn't tell you mate , I don't know 1 single Yeovil fan , let alone 20,000.

The mistake that was made after plymouth was the fans and board siding with the players rather than backing GJ 100% to clear everything out and build for the future.

We had the best manager of 25 years with which to build a great team around and we ******* blew it.

You wanted the chairman to back the manager to clear out the squad of players he signed in the first place, what makes you think he would have got it right the next time?

You seem to forget that Johnson signed some poor players and gave long contracts to players who were past their best.

What makes me laugh is the people saying how great Johnson is and then in the next breath saying they want to get rid of players he signed?

Also anyone who thinks that Lansdown sacked Johnson cos the fans wanted him out are naive to say the least, he does what he wants when he wants.

I've never understod this point of view. Of course ideally we'd want academy players coming through but which of our academy from the GJ era have gone on to play at Championship level ?

I've never understod this point of view. Of course ideally we'd want academy players coming through but which of our academy from the GJ era have gone on to play at Championship level ?

Surely this is the point hes making? None have made it....because none were given a chance or developed.

The academy under GJ was not a priority and was treatef like that.....because of years of neglect, its gonna take time to fix

Surely this is the point hes making? None have made it....because none were given a chance or developed.

The academy under GJ was not a priority and was treatef like that.....because of years of neglect, its gonna take time to fix

What evidence do you have for that ?

Because as was posted above, we always looked for the quick fix

I meant what evidence do you have personally that GJ didn't make the academy a priority ? Do you have 'sources' within the club ?

You wanted the chairman to back the manager to clear out the squad of players he signed in the first place, what makes you think he would have got it right the next time?

You seem to forget that Johnson signed some poor players and gave long contracts to players who were past their best.

What makes me laugh is the people saying how great Johnson is and then in the next breath saying they want to get rid of players he signed?

Also anyone who thinks that Lansdown sacked Johnson cos the fans wanted him out are naive to say the least, he does what he wants when he wants.

I don't mean clear out all the players. There were (are) still some good players in this squad.

I mean get rid of the rot and bring in some quality as we established ourselves in the Championship, building around a great manager.

Instead we got rid of the good bit of the club and built on the dross. And look whats happened.

And it's a misnomer that GJ only signed crap. He made some great signings.

I don't mean clear out all the players. There were (are) still some good players in this squad.

I mean get rid of the rot and bring in some quality as we established ourselves in the Championship, building around a great manager.

Instead we got rid of the good bit of the club and built on the dross. And look whats happened.

And it's a misnomer that GJ only signed crap. He made some great signings.

You can't just "get rid of the rot" they are under contract we have to by law honor that contract, we can't just rip them up without making massive payments to said players or risking legal action,

If we did don't expect them to be replaced as we wouldn't be able to afford it

You can't just "get rid of the rot" they are under contract we have to by law honor that contract, we can't just rip them up without making massive payments to said players or risking legal action,

If we did don't expect them to be replaced as we wouldn't be able to afford it

Exactly, and why were they rot?

Johnson signed them, were they rot to start with, did he make them rot, or was there another reason for their rottness (new word for you all there) and if so why didnt Johnson do something about it earlier.

Exactly, and why were they rot?

Johnson signed them, were they rot to start with, did he make them rot, or was there another reason for their rottness (new word for you all there) and if so why didnt Johnson do something about it earlier.

because under johnson they were not rotten they were good, with out his "bully" boy tactics they have gone down hill faster then a fat man on a push bike

because under johnson they were not rotten they were good, with out his "bully" boy tactics they have gone down hill faster then a fat man on a push bike

But something clearly wasnt right at the end, so the rot had already started or he brought in players that werent responding to the way he does things?

But something clearly wasnt right at the end, so the rot had already started or he brought in players that werent responding to the way he does things?

I think a fair few of the "rotton" ones left not long after him, Well McIndoe, Sproule anyway,

Its bye the bye now, we can't blame him for somthing that happend 3 or 4 years after he left

Archived