IGNORED

Congrats Yeovil

Nibor

What time is the coach leaving Ashton Gate for the open top bus tour in Yeovil.

Don't want to miss it.

So it's ok for you to post on here that you think the Rovers support at last years friendly was impressive (which it wasn't, they were crap and they didn't sell their allocation), but people can't offer congratulations to another Westcountry side for getting promotion?

Couldn't give a shit about Yeovil Town,

However I do find it embrassing that Yeovil Town will be a league above us next season.

Anyone who thinks it was a mistake sacking Johnson is an idiot, sacking him was the right decision however the appointments made since then have been the problem.

Totally disagree , it all went to pot after GJ left

I'm as pleased for Yeovil as I would be for Brentford tbh - though its a shame there wont be the local derby with Yeovil next season.

As for GJ, fair play to him - got the job done on a shoestring budget. What he has done with Yeovil so far has absolutely no relevance to what he did or didnt do with us. Completely different circumstances. I actually think not having a massive transfer pot will be beneficial for him - recruiting and managing 'better quality' players may well be his his achilles heel. He was not hounded out of AG - he had run out of ideas IMO.

Yeovil will deserve priority on radio Bristol next season as the highest ranked club in the area - no complaints from me on that.

I almost agree with everything you say, Sunningdale although regarding the radio coverage, next season, I have to disagree. The clue is in the name - in my view, Radio BRISTOL should give priority to the coverage of BRISTOL based football clubs ( which soon, will be just us!). Somerset Sound can prioritise Yeovil as it sees fit.

I disagree with the decision of the BBC to dilute individual local radio stations as a cost cutting exercise. After a City match, I really don't want to listen to reports on the Yeovil game any more than i would Cheltenham or Swindon, or have their supporters infiltrate phone-ins on what is intended to be a radio station dedicated to football in the Bristol area. Yeovil is a long way outside of the Bristol boundaries and we should be spared having to share our airwaves.

Regardless, as I've said earlier in this thread, congratulations to Yeovil and its supporters.

I have to say I agree with most, but not all, of what Andy has said on this thread.

Of course Johnson deserves huge praise for what he has achieved and if we had of stayed up my main emotion would have been happiness for him and Macca. The problem is we didn't stay up and the only thing I felt when the whistle blew at Wembley today was embarrassment that we are now lower in the footballing pyramid than Yeovil Town. Yeovil Town! It may be slightly pathetic that I find it difficult to congratulate another team due to how badly we have done, but being a division below Yeovil is shameful for Rovers let alone us!

They will without doubt be favourites for the drop next season and they probably will come back down, but we should know better than anyone what team spirit Johnson can instill in his teams when things are going well and I don't think they will disgrace themselves. Similarly to how I felt we would have done had we beat Hull 5 years ago I expect them to come straight back down, but it won't be embarrassing and they will fight till the end and bounce back well from the thrashings they will inevitably take in some games.

I guess the consolation in Brentford staying down is that Griffin Park is a proper football ground and usually provides a good away day, but that still shouldn't save our blushes that should we draw Yeovil in a cup next season we will be the underdogs!

What price on Marv and/or Fontaine heading to Huish Park this summer?

I have to say I agree with most, but not all, of what Andy has said on this thread.

Of course Johnson deserves huge praise for what he has achieved and if we had of stayed up my main emotion would have been happiness for him and Macca. The problem is we didn't stay up and the only thing I felt when the whistle blew at Wembley today was embarrassment that we are now lower in the footballing pyramid than Yeovil Town. Yeovil Town! It may be slightly pathetic that I find it difficult to congratulate another team due to how badly we have done, but being a division below Yeovil is shameful for Rovers let alone us!

They will without doubt be favourites for the drop next season and they probably will come back down, but we should know better than anyone what team spirit Johnson can instill in his teams when things are going well and I don't think they will disgrace themselves. Similarly to how I felt we would have done had we beat Hull 5 years ago I expect them to come straight back down, but it won't be embarrassing and they will fight till the end and bounce back well from the thrashings they will inevitably take in some games.

I guess the consolation in Brentford staying down is that Griffin Park is a proper football ground and usually provides a good away day, but that still shouldn't save our blushes that should we draw Yeovil in a cup next season we will be the underdogs!

Why is it embarrassing being below Yeovil?

We do not have a devine right to be above them in the football pyramid. Times have changed and they no longer play the likes of Bath City or FGR. They are where they are because they deserve it. We can aspire to get where Yeovil are right now.

I hope your last sentence comes true by the way.

We do not have a devine right to be above them in the football pyramid. Times have changed and they no longer play the likes of Bath City or FGR. They are where they are because they deserve it. We can aspire to get where Yeovil are right now.

Of course we don't have a devine right to be above anybody and it goes without saying that they deserve credit for coming so far and fair play to them.

However I find it slightly embarrassing that we are now in a league below a club that has only been in the league since 2003, gets an average crowd of 4/5000? and only has 40,000 people living in it's town.

I'm sure Blackburn/Bolton/Burnley have been slightly embarrassed being a division below Wigan and Sheffield United are not exactly over the moon about being a league below Doncaster.

Whilst I personally wouldn't go as far as that, do not underestimate the significance of OTIB. The Johnsons read it, board members old and new read it and even SOD has basically admitted to reading it.

Everyone at the club is very much aware of this forum and what is said on it.

I just hope they are able to separate the sensible posters from the douchebags.

Then they're all ******* idiots.

Looking forward to seeing them come bottom next season.

Enjoy your one season there

Brilliant..

Some people!

Yeovil are Championship..... We are SHIT. What don't you understand?

People who believe City are the "Be all and end all" need to take a reality check, and pretty quickly.

We are no longer the top side in the South West. We are also rans, and as soon as the "Head in the Sand" Brigade accept it, the quicker we can move on.

Yeovil ARE Championship. Regardless whether it be one season or more.

We should concentrate on what's unfolding in BS3 and accept what, and where we are.

In my opinion, a second relegation season is a distinct possibility.

We have to unite, and use the Yeovil success story as a spur.

Bitterness isn't my style.

Congratulations to Mr Johnson and Yeovil Town

Now, let's take some inspiration from their success.

Of course we don't have a devine right to be above anybody and it goes without saying that they deserve credit for coming so far and fair play to them.

However I find it slightly embarrassing that we are now in a league below a club that has only been in the league since 2003, gets an average crowd of 4/5000? and only has 40,000 people living in it's town.

I'm sure Blackburn/Bolton/Burnley have been slightly embarrassed being a division below Wigan and Sheffield United are not exactly over the moon about being a league below Doncaster.

bloody hell how do you feel about us being below Wigan?

bloody hell how do you feel about us being below Wigan?

Well I'm not exactly happy about it.

Surely a club like Wigan spending 8 seasons in the top tier of English football and winning the FA Cup highlights what an underachieving club we have been throughout the majority of our history and shows what can be achieved?

I find it embarrassing that we paid those useless tossers huge (in relative terms) salaries to bend over and take a shafting from most of the division all season. I find it equally embarrassing that we couldn't even put up a fight to stay up under the new man - 2 pts out of the last 27 or something. pfft.

Oh, well done Yeovil. Them getting up to the Championship was a bigger achievement than us if we got promoted to the Premier League. However, I don't see any players in that team that I would want at the gate next season, and I predict a long hard season for them. If they stay up I'll be amazed.

Well I'm not exactly happy about it.

Surely a club like Wigan spending 8 seasons in the top tier of English football and winning the FA Cup highlights what an underachieving club we have been throughout the majority of our history and shows what can be achieved?

We aren't underachieving tho we are where we have spent most of our history,

Bouncing between the second and third division,

Small clubs get promoted big clubs get relegated it happens

20 years ago no one would of dreamed of Portsmouth and Bradford bing in the 4th or teams like Chester dropping out of existence all together

We will get promoted again we will get relegated again that's life

Yeovil are where the deserve to be and so are we get over it

aspire to be like Yeovil Town.......

literallly the most despressing statement I've ever read as a City fan, even more depressing is that it's true.

We aren't underachieving tho we are where we have spent most of our history,

Bouncing between the second and third division,

Small clubs get promoted big clubs get relegated it happens

20 years ago no one would of dreamed of Portsmouth and Bradford bing in the 4th or teams like Chester dropping out of existence all together

We will get promoted again we will get relegated again that's life

Yeovil are where the deserve to be and so are we get over it

I'm fully aware where we have spent the majority of our history, surely Wigan having only been in the league since '78 and yet having managed 8 years in the top flight and winning the FA Cup demonstrates how mediocre we have been in the main?

I don't have any particular delusions of grandeur and we are what we are which is a club that yoyos between the second and third tiers. Now the dust has settled I am quite philosphical about our relegation as history would show is that all it really means is that we are closer to our next promotion. I don't demand we should be playing in the top flght and in reality mid table in the Championship would suit me fine. Fans of teams like Leeds, Derby and Wolves have much more right than we do to complain about their current position and it always makes me cringe when people tag us with the old 'sleeping giant' cliche.

However I do look at clubs like Wigan, Hull and Yeovil who have massively over achieved for clubs of their size and feel jealous that my club isn't able to do as much. I don't particular see what is wrong with that? If in some miraculous world we manage to get consecutive promotions and Leeds suffer two relegations I am quite sure their fans would be looking and thinking 'how on earth are we so far below little Bristol City?'

Thanks for telling me to 'get over' Yeovil being promoted though, I had been crying all day until your words of wisdom.

I wouldn't rule it out, though their wage structure probably means James Wilson is even more likely, I'd guess.

The fact that they got there with a centre half partnership consisting of a player who had been released by Northampton and a 19 year old on loan from Fulham tells you that it is all about team spirit and an eye for a good player.

Both of which have been conspicuously lacking in BS3 since a certain Gary Johnson went.

I'm sorry but the YTFC love in is not for me. I don't want or need a second club and this ongoing obsession with Gary Johnson from some is painful to watch. The only positive out of today is that hopefully Fontaine will get on his bike down the M5.

The FACT is we need 2 new CBKs next season or we are doomed, Fontaine & Nyatanga are shite, bottleless ***** and need to get out of my club ASAP.

I want players like Burn & Webster who will put their bodies on the line for my club not overpaid, namby pamby wasters.

The likes of Fontaine used to do that. Then they decided they were the dogs wossnames and it was beneath their dignity to do it. SOD thinks he can change their attitude. He will be entitled to a lot of respect if he succeeds.

Brilliant..

Some people!

Yeovil are Championship..... We are SHIT. What don't you understand?

People who believe City are the "Be all and end all" need to take a reality check, and pretty quickly.

We are no longer the top side in the South West. We are also rans, and as soon as the "Head in the Sand" Brigade accept it, the quicker we can move on.

Yeovil ARE Championship. Regardless whether it be one season or more.

We should concentrate on what's unfolding in BS3 and accept what, and where we are.

In my opinion, a second relegation season is a distinct possibility.

We have to unite, and use the Yeovil success story as a spur.

Bitterness isn't my style.

Congratulations to Mr Johnson and Yeovil Town

Now, let's take some inspiration from their success.

What thee hell are you going on about......

I wouldn't rule it out, though their wage structure probably means James Wilson is even more likely, I'd guess.

The fact that they got there with a centre half partnership consisting of a player who had been released by Northampton and a 19 year old on loan from Fulham tells you that it is all about team spirit and an eye for a good player.

Both of which have been conspicuously lacking in BS3 since a certain Gary Johnson went.

Yeah wages would be an issue, but I fancy at least one of them to go and join him.

GJ clearly doesn't shy away from players he has previously worked with (or even fell out with in McIndoe's case), he quite clearly rated both of them when he was with us and he would back himself to get them both back to playing at their best.

Archived