IGNORED

Congrats Yeovil

Nibor

Ok....ill ask the question...how do I bring our club down? Please enlighten me

There are a small minority of posters on here who are absolutely relentless in their negativity about everything the club does. It's not without impact IMO. If you look back over what you've posted you can come to your own conclusion about whether you're one of them.

They're not rivals to you but congratulating them is the same as praising Holloway? It doesn't add up.

For what it's worth our fans on here showing the bitterness are the same ones that are always quick to drag our own club down. That negativity's a big problem for the club IMO.

I have congratulated them myself, I was referring to the love in and the immediate anger towards Andy for feeling different to the rest of you.

sometimes you have to show a bit of dignity and give credit where its due rather than give abuse just because they are a team within a 50 mile radius of Bristol. well done Yeovil! i dont see them as a rival and they have certainly done no harm to me or BCFC in the past so i wish them all the best next season. I wouldn't want to see Cardiff, Swindon, the gas or Plymouth do well, but i wish the smaller teams in the south west like Yeovil, FGR and Torquay all the best.

Yeovil are now the top team in the west country, who would have thought that back in the early to mid 90's when Swindon, City, Rovers and Plymouth were all 2nd tier and Yeovils big derby was Bath City in the non league?

Congratulations to GJ and Yeovil. Surely someone else of my generation must remember having a soft spot for Yeovil as the best non-league club in the region?

Edit: clearly antlers does!

Can't say that it ever occurred to me that one day they'd be a division above us!

It's a pretty poor indictment of the management of Bristol City down the years that this should be the case...and a very high endorsement of whatever approach has got Yeovil so far.

That Gary Johnson is an excellent manager can hardly be doubted now can it?

sometimes you have to show a bit of dignity and give credit where its due rather than give abuse just because they are a team within a 50 mile radius of Bristol. well done Yeovil! i dont see them as a rival and they have certainly done no harm to me or BCFC in the past so i wish them all the best next season. I wouldn't want to see Cardiff, Swindon, the gas or Plymouth do well, but i wish the smaller teams in the south west like Yeovil, FGR and Torquay all the best.

Yeovil are now the top team in the west country, who would have thought that back in the early to mid 90's when Swindon, City, Rovers and Plymouth were all 2nd tier and Yeovils big derby was Bath City in the non league?

Weymouth are their big rivals

There are a small minority of posters on here who are absolutely relentless in their negativity about everything the club does. It's not without impact IMO. If you look back over what you've posted you can come to your own conclusion about whether you're one of them.

Please dont tell me.you are blaming people on here, for playing a part.in the the clubs massive demise over the last couple of years?

Please dont tell me.you are blaming people on here, for playing a part.in the the clubs massive demise over the last couple of years?

Whilst I personally wouldn't go as far as that, do not underestimate the significance of OTIB. The Johnsons read it, board members old and new read it and even SOD has basically admitted to reading it.

Everyone at the club is very much aware of this forum and what is said on it.

I just hope they are able to separate the sensible posters from the douchebags.

Andy, I think people are applauding Yeovil and more importantly Gary's ability to guide a club with a smaller fan base and smaller budget to Promotion. It's got nothing to do with it being cringe-like or a wankathon. It's about people appreciating a smaller club achieving something that's getting harder to do in football these days which seems more geared to supporting big clubs.

How about a bit of appreciation without the negative comments? You've got all next season to dish out the positivity!

I think the general negativity some fans perpetuate partly on here does play a small part yes. Mainly I don't understand the point of moaning all the time.

Criticism's fine when it's constructive - i.e. attempting to improve something - otherwise it's kind of the antithesis of being a supporter. Anyway, carry on.

Whilst I personally wouldn't go as far as that, do not underestimate the significance of OTIB. The Johnsons read it, board members old and new read it and even SOD has basically admitted to reading it.

it would be wrong for someone at the club to not to read the forum, what business in the world would not want to read the direct views of their customers?

I'm as pleased for Yeovil as I would be for Brentford tbh - though its a shame there wont be the local derby with Yeovil next season.

As for GJ, fair play to him - got the job done on a shoestring budget. What he has done with Yeovil so far has absolutely no relevance to what he did or didnt do with us. Completely different circumstances. I actually think not having a massive transfer pot will be beneficial for him - recruiting and managing 'better quality' players may well be his his achilles heel. He was not hounded out of AG - he had run out of ideas IMO.

Yeovil will deserve priority on radio Bristol next season as the highest ranked club in the area - no complaints from me on that.

Weymouth are their big rivals

This is true.

I once went to Huish with a friend of mine and one of the anti-Weymouth songs was "Chim chimeney, chim chimeny, chim chim cher-oo, we hate the scummers and claret and blue".

You can't help but smile ... mind you, our obsession is Bristol Rovers - which isn't much less sad.

I can, it's not difficult,

I think the general negativity some fans perpetuate partly on here does play a small part yes. Mainly I don't understand the point of moaning all the time.

Criticism's fine when it's constructive - i.e. attempting to improve something - otherwise it's kind of the antithesis of being a supporter. Anyway, carry on.

Fair enough, I appreciate your opinion.

My opinion though is that negativity aimed at the club and its owners is fully justified. The fans have showed magnificent faith in this club down the years, its the.boards resoonsibility te repay that now.

This is true.

I once went to Huish with a friend of mine and one of the anti-Weymouth songs was "Chim chimeney, chim chimeny, chim chim cher-oo, we hate the scummers and claret and blue".

You can't help but smile ... mind you, our obsession is Bristol Rovers - which isn't much less sad.

Aye that's where I found out about too,

I think I was watching them play oxford

Yay for Yeovil.

Well that's great isn't it? Smack in the face time all around. Will we get our collective arse's in to gear now and realise what a mess we have been and currently still are. Don't care for the GJ love in. He's clearly moved on, we clearly haven't, this needs to change pronto

Amen....

They did it on a budget of less than 1 million, which will be doubled next season. That will still make them the lowest payers in the Championship by some distance.

It will be tough, but they will try to ride the crest of a wave like we did in 07/08.

They did it on a budget of less than 1 million, which will be doubled next season. That will still make them the lowest payers in the Championship by some distance.

It will be tough, but they will try to ride the crest of a wave like we did in 07/08.

Ive seen a few people liking us to Yeovil. IMO its nothing like when we went up in 07/08. We are a club that had been pushing for years to get out of league one.. Yeovil are still punching above there weight to even be in League 1 let alone the Championship. They will crash and burn next season and to be honest i hope they do. I care for BCFC and no one else, got to agree with Andy 082005 on this.

We were absolutely immense today. I couldn't go to Wembley sadly but did manage to get to the pub. The back four were outstanding but you just KNEW they would gift Brentford a goal and it would be backs to the wall. At times it was horrible watching, Brentford absolutely battered us second half and it was a real backs to the wall performance.

Madden's strike was pure quality though and we did have a cast iron penalty too. D'urso deciding to book the player for some reason.

One season wonders or not (and all Yeovil fans know we will be up against it) it is a fantastic achievement for a club our size.

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm a very proud man today.

Pleased for them.

Gutted for us that a team from such a small town are above us in the pecking order. SO'D needs to use this as a motivator.

Cheesed off that another local away game has gone for next season.

Happy as Larry that these newcomers are now two whole divisions above the has-been Sags.

Huge congratulations to Yeovil and their supporters on an incredible achievement, they should be very proud.

This proves that Gary Johnson is an outstanding manager, the worst thing this club have done in years is sack him.

I hope the idiot supporters we have, they know who they are, feel guilty for driving a top football manager out of our club. Those people, including the troll who bottled it at a meeting with GJ, do not deserve any success.

Whatever. Time to move on, loser, he was takin us back down. The clubs mistake, replacing him with a bottler, a useless****, an underacheiver of the finest order...

Couldn't give a shit about Yeovil Town,

However I do find it embrassing that Yeovil Town will be a league above us next season.

Anyone who thinks it was a mistake sacking Johnson is an idiot, sacking him was the right decision however the appointments made since then have been the problem.

Yay for Yeovil.

Well that's great isn't it? Smack in the face time all around. Will we get our collective arse's in to gear now and realise what a mess we have been and currently still are. Don't care for the GJ love in. He's clearly moved on, we clearly haven't, this needs to change pronto

[/quote

Stop talking sense now, its not allowed. 100% agree with ya. Today has to be a big **** off wake up call for football in Bristol, City AND rovers, the newest West Country club, the smallest supported is now the best club in the West. We'll probably get Mcallister back now as hes not good enough for the Championship. Maybe GJ can sign his two players back on Elliott & Fontaine. Please Gary.

City players, you should now be ashamed totally now. You wont be like, and a big **** you to you all for your "efforts" to avoid relegation....Please bloody leave. Some already have, pity the worst wont.

Couldn't give a shit about Yeovil Town,

However I do find it embrassing that Yeovil Town will be a league above us next season.

Anyone who thinks it was a mistake sacking Johnson is an idiot, sacking him was the right decision however the appointments made since then have been the problem.

+1

Archived