IGNORED

The Ashes 2013

Lew-T

3-1 would be my guess too. Loving Beefy's optimism, but we've always got a top order collapse in our locker, thankfully I think the Aussies have too. Where we wipe the floor with them is in the bowling, they might have some young quicks, but if Siddle is your leader then you're starting from a low point. I won't mention their spinners.....

Fancy Cook and Trott to score a bagful and Jimmy and Swanny to take their fair share of wickets. Really hope that Root has a good series, what a future he's got and I'd love to see Prior further cement his ever growing legacy as the best wicket keeper / batsmen since the wonderful Mr Gilchrist reinvented the role

Going to be a great summer, can't wait!

Shows what I know about cricket (apart from the England batting collapse)

Sure Jimmy & Broad won't mind having half a session to bowl at the Aussies tonight though. Only been following on the live text at work, but sounds like some of our boys have got themselves out rather than been got out.....too much boom boom cricket being played. Scrap T20, shit cricket and it's killing test matches

Edit - just seen Broad is off injured.....the day just keeps getting better

Agreed, however apart from here and Australia, when we're there, no one watches test cricket. It has been this way for a long time.

It honestly baffles me that anyone would prefer hit-and-giggle to the real thing, but I baffle often these days.

One thing for sure, there are too many carp teams playing Test cricket and therefore too many Tests.

It honestly baffles me that anyone would prefer hit-and-giggle to the real thing, but I baffle often these days.

One thing for sure, there are too many carp teams playing Test cricket and therefore too many Tests.

Thoughts on the World Test Championships which will be replacing the Champions Trophy?

I love Test cricket.

Agreed, however apart from here and Australia, when we're there, no one watches test cricket. It has been this way for a long time.

Thoughts on the World Test Championships which will be replacing the Champions Trophy?

I love Test cricket.

Well, there's the first 4 members of the 'boring old gits' club!

I could watch every ball of a test match, even if England aren't involved, two overs of bang bang and I'm bored

Long live test cricket, after a day like today who can say they've not been completely enthral led by it?

Too many Test countries? How about just five:

European Wolves - Britain, Ireland, Denmark & Holland.

Western Hurricanes - West Indies, USA & Canada

African Lions - South Africa, Zimbabwe & Kenya

Asian Tigers - India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka & Bangladesh

Southern Sharks - Australia & New Zealand

It'll never happen, of course, because the sponsors and TV companies want 24/7 cricket :(

Its the modern way EVERYTHING has to be dumb down

Agree about to many test teams

I hate one day and 20/20 test cricket is the most interesting

20/20 was ok to start with when it was just played domestically and was just a side show that you would turn up at on a Friday night, it would just be the place to go to start your night out.

Can't remember too much about the games as we were usually standing round chatting crap! Aint been for years now though.

ODI's I enjoy, get to see the start and the end of the game and with it being a 100 overs game you still get a fair chunk of cricket to watch. Also gives you an excuse to start drinking at 10:15 in the morning!

But there is a real buzz around being at a test match in this country. Would pick to watch a day at the test match over any other form of cricket easily.

For all three forms of cricket though it helps when it's a gurt lush summers day!

• Admin

I hate one day and 20/20 test cricket is the most interesting

Problem is the shorter format of the game is where the counties are making their money.

But saying that the 50 over cricket will probably have a detrimental affect on gates from next season, again to suit the ECB

I'm happy to watch all forms of the game, see different strengths from players from the counties.

Also had a great four days watching Somerset V The Aussies recently

It was touch and go for the stumping.

Fair play to Agar, hasn't been the innings of a tail ender.

you can safely say he won't be batting eleven in the 2nd innings! Really will be no excuses if England fail again with the bat given what this guy has done.

Archived