IGNORED

The Ashes 2013

Lew-T

We can do this now, what a crazy game cricket can be sometimes! We may request an extra 30 mins of play if we reckon we can do it tonight, probably going to happen. Trent bridge is absolutely rocking now! Might start travelling with the Barmy Army.

We can do this now, what a crazy game cricket can be sometimes! We may request an extra 30 mins of play if we reckon we can do it tonight, probably going to happen. Trent bridge is absolutely rocking now! Might start travelling with the Barmy Army.

It's why test cricket is the greatest form of the game. So many twists and turns. 80-0 advantage Australia, 166-6 advantage England.

Possibly due to the shite example set by players like Broad. I love it how the ECB & England team go on about the Spirit of Cricket yet when it's tested the win at all costs mentality prevails.

Rubbish - it's been going on for years. How much have you actually been involved in club cricket?

Rubbish - it's been going on for years. How much have you actually been involved in club cricket?

Only played since 1978 so not much really. I've never seen anyone not walk when hitting to slip.

Amazing how the media have made so much about Broad, seems both teams just got on with it and lets not forget both Root and Trott were both not out while Agar got away with one when he was on 6...

Broad was perfectly in his right not to walk and await the umpires decision, pretty sure Clark hung around for as long as he could in the previous Ashes series until the umpire did give him out, if he didn't he would've stayed on the pitch. I don't think anyone can complain about the 'spirit of the game' and it would be hypocritical of Cricket Australia if they moaned about this.

Anyway 1-0 :) well done Jimmy and the rest of the lads! Hope for more at Lords.

What a great Test, real ebb and flow- may try and get tickets to 5th day Lords, but that's a forlorn hope I am sure! We edged it and controversy arguably evened out but Broad is gonna get one hell of a hot reception. Aussie coach:

Australia's approachable coach Darren ‘Boof’ Lehmann was very free with his views to England fans about Stuart Broad not walking after he almost middled the ball to first slip — his 28 extra runs turning out to be crucial to the 14-run margin of victory.

Boof, who was talking while enjoying a cigarette outside Australia’s hotel in Nottingham, said players don’t walk unless it is ‘that blatant’, as in Broad’s case, and that the England player can expect so much stick in Australia this winter he might want to come home.

What a great Test, real ebb and flow- may try and get rickets to 5th day Lords, but that's a forlorn hope I am sure! We edged it and controversy arguably evened out but Broad is gonna get one hell of a hot reception. Aussie coach:

I'm sure being a professional Broad will enjoy it, could even use the hostility to his advantage.

Archived